Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The lost city of Xin

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kululu17
Tasty morsel
Kululu17

The lost city of Xin Empty
PostSubject: The lost city of Xin   The lost city of Xin Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 10:12 am

Felicitations my fellow Felarian fans! This is a follow-up to a DA post/question - hope I have found the right forum. I want to ask the group to help me find the lost city of Xin. Actually the city is not lost, just really bad at asking for directions. When I started my first story, I couldn't find a city that matched the conditions I needed, so I created a new one.

For those not familiar with my stories, Xin is a smallish city located along a coast, surrounded by tediously dull plains, and woodlands. Except for a small flock of giant harpies and a few sundry mermaids, there are few giant predators. Also no historic ruins, valuable resources, or popular tourist attractions. The weather is generally lousy, being cold in the winter, and overcast and/or rainy for much of the remainder. On the plus side the real estate is quite affordable.

I'm getting to a point in my story where I'll have to start referring to known established places in Felarya, so I need to find a place for Xin. I had two possible locations in mind, please let me if there is any lore I'm missing, or if you can think of a better location!

Location 1 (Preferred). Just east of the mouth of the Motamo River at the far south of the map. Looks like there is a plains, and some woodlands there, with the possibility of bad weather blowing in from the Torrential Coast.

Location 2. Myrodia Coast, just outside between Elifga valley and Direwind hills. Close enough to Imoreith Tundra to inherit some lousy winter weather.

Thanks in advance! And if there is a better place for me to post this query, let me know.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: The lost city of Xin   The lost city of Xin Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2018 1:30 pm

Mhh I would clearly chose the first spot. I think it's a good place for what you have in mind with the climate but more importantly, the second location is really quite close to the fairy kingdom. That means fairies are bound to roam the area and, unless you have some kind of solid defense against them, building a settlement nearby is really dangerous ^^;
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Kululu17
Tasty morsel
Kululu17

PostSubject: Thanks!   The lost city of Xin Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2018 4:17 pm

Thank you! It shall be so.

An excerpt from The City of Xin Board of Tourism:

Our city, located in the delightfully temperate southern region of Felarya, just east of the mouth of the Motamo River is free of the jungle heat that plagues many other regions. Refreshing rainstorms regularly blow in from the nearby Torrential Coast, ensuring that sunscreen is rarely required during the summer months. The lovely surrounding landscape is free of harsh colors that might clash with your preferred attire. Topping it all off, Xin has one of the lowest CPI ratings (Consumption via Predator Index) in all of Felarya. Plan your trip today!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The lost city of Xin   The lost city of Xin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The lost city of Xin
Page 1 of 1