Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Connected World - Aeoma

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Connected World - Aeoma Empty
PostSubject: Connected World - Aeoma   Connected World - Aeoma Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 7:11 pm

Primary OOC notes:

-So this is going to be a restructuring of a world I initially thought up while spending some time over on Aryion.
-It is a fleshed out world meant for story related RPs and not for vore, so the intention of this world is one that can stand on its own, not for the "eat me lulz" that that website is well known for.
-I know the name is bizarre for a world. I think that's part of the charm.
-I'll be posting the majority of what I wrote on its initial profile, clipping out some that may not be all that necessary, and adding a couple things to make it more suitable
as something that connects to Felarya.

Aeoma

The Kingdom

Aeoma is situated in the world of Nur. This world is a large and mostly feral land, with what would be classified as a magic-dry world.
Magic does exist, but it is not all that prevalent, as opposed to a place like Felarya. This world has many creatures, many of whom are
relatively large, but still not on Felaryan scale. There are two main species though, feral giant humanoid shaped creatures which stand
between fifty to sixty feet
, and humans. The giants are set in a relatively stone-age technology level, whereas the humans have
achieved a greater understanding of their world, tactics, philosophy, etc
. They are quite widespread, and for the most part live in a tribal
state similar to the bronze age. It is difficult to advance technology for the humans, as the giants constantly try to feed on the humans.

However, within this world exists a single kingdom - Aeoma. With luck, this then-tribal kingdom was the first group to ever drive the
hungry giants from their lands thanks to a multitude of many factors involving luck, and a lot of bloodshed. They grouped together
and drove them out of the local area slowly, over a long period of time. Afterward, they advanced their technology, built grand structures out
of stone, advanced their magical knowledge, and their kingdom despite the lack of magic.

For three thousand years they have struggled to very slowly but surely drive the giants further and further from their home, and build
more towns, cities, and fortresses. Along the way they also fought the barbaric human tribes and attempted to free them, and
incorporate them into their civilization.
Eventually their kingdom grew to be quite large, occupying a very significant amount of land.
This is the world that a current princess has inherited from her parents - the King and Queen of the empire who were the ones to first
find a way for their mages extend extra-dimensional portals to one other land to seek magical resources, which used up quite a lot of
their reserves to do so. Many citizens saw it as a gamble, since magic is used scarcely, for only what they need the most. One of the
main goals for their presence in Felarya is to research hypothetical magic, intending to gradually grow their world's native magic
supply, something Felarya has no need to research thanks to their rich supply of it.
They believe there is far more to gain in
Felarya than to lose with their connection to such a world.

Dragons exist in this world as well - though are incredibly rare, and within the last century or so, the kingdom has grown to use them.
They lay hundreds of eggs, but only a very small few are live dragons - the fakes contain toxic sludge, as a way to deter would-be predators.
This is mainly a powerful way to help keep their Felaryan outposts safe though, along with their military's familiarity with fighting creatures far
larger than them, is surprisingly more well prepared to deal with these threats than other worlds might be. Their tactics and strategies indeed
reflect this.

The cities and other information

There are a number of cities and towns within the Kingdom, but the largest ones have more specific designations to them.
The kingdom itself is named after the primary city - Dath'iom. This simply translates to 'capitol city' in their old, somewhat
outdated dialect. There are four external main cities. Each one has a suffix based on their location, Sul, Ur, Al, El, - for
north, south, east and west. Cities with designations such as these are all main hub cities for that particular region, and the
center of trade. Each one of them is huge, and incredibly well defended usually with external forts and walls outside the
main city itself, in an attempt to cushion the unyielding onslaught from the giants.

Smaller cities don't have naming restrictions though, and can be named after a person who founded them, or the primary
resource they ship. Fotresses are often given a name based on the nickname of the first regiment, battalion, or company
that is stationed there. Or a name based off an exaggeration of their purpose - such as "storm watch fortress", referring
to the possible storm of giants who may attack it.

The military itself has weapon and armor designs vaguely similar to ancient earthen roman designs with helmets that have a strip
of hardened animal fur on top, plated armor reminiscent of the old banded armor style, among other designs. However, they do
have armored shin and thigh guards, instead of bare legs. Like any military they have their grunts, footment, more elite soldiers
of varying qualities and functions such as spears, bows, swords, and even cavalry and seige weapons. Seige weapons are designed
as anti-personnel seige equipment. They are often used to target larger creatures sometimes domesticated and used for battle by
the giants. There are multiple kinds of equipment used for this - and magic is definitely used for the military, adding powerful
enchantments or designs that could cripple even the largest of creatures. Wars against the giants are usually purely defensive. They
maintain deceptive military techniques, powerful traps, ambushes, and even then spill a lot of blood. Luckily their tools are powerful
enough, and giants flesh isn't as hard as metal.

With its connection to Felarya, the magical academies of Aeoma have flourished, expanded, and is in open trade with any Felaryan
city it has come into contact with (meant as either Kelerm, or Negav, depending on what the general consensus is). The portal was opened
from their end, in Aeoma, not in Felarya, so Aeomans can likely dictate the general destination area, instead of being fixed. Many of their
mages may not be from a traditionally sound magical world like Felarya, but their skill is nothing to be laughed at - seeing as how they
need to be just as effective with less resources.
They welcome any from off world who study, including more non humans such as
Nekos, Reynkas, Nagas, and more, which is a bit of a sore spot for the large scale opinion of Negavian citizens.

Extraneous Info

This kingdom is the first to rise in this world ever. There are none that has come before, and with its rising knowledge and golden era,
it is meant as the old kingdom equivalent seen in many fantasy worlds. Their old dialect seen as the ancient language. They are great
and powerful, and like all civilizations have no intention of fading into the history books...

Their military has many unique weapons and strategies which have been developed to specifically fight off giants. Fragmented and
flak based weapons of many kinds, recent incorporation of magic, military formations, and others. Many giant ballistae, which have
giant spears strong enough to pierce hard giant armor, and also fragment, and enchanted to explode on contact is only one such strategy.

Dragons do exist in this world, but are very rare, hard to find, and are also quite large. They do not take a long time to mature
however, they do live solitary lifestyles which causes them to not reproduce too often. A clutch of eggs contains thousands, but
most of them are duds with only a small few being live dragons. This is to avoid thieves and predators.

---

There you go. I would appreciate any comments on it, including what you think could be taken out, is redundant, or irrelevant.

I would like them to be connected to Negav, or they could be connected to Kelerm. Unsure here. Kelerm is newer and less developed, but
it is also a place that exists on its own largely without support from other world nations, which is what helps differentiate it from Negav more.
I suppose one or two connecting worlds to Kelerm could happen, but as I said, I'm still unsure.

Last edited by Archmage_Bael on Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:21 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Connected World - Aeoma   Connected World - Aeoma Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2018 10:00 am

Nice design Smile
The question I asked myself though when reading is how do they manage to defend themselves against giants ? because of their superior, specialized weapons? Or is there perhaps some kind of barriers between their land and the giant land ?

I'm also not really sure how their goal with Felarya would work, with that magic injection ^^;
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Connected World - Aeoma   Connected World - Aeoma Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2018 12:14 am

Ah good question. Yeah, it'd be lots of soldiers, very bloody. Likely the giants reproduce slower, but are bigger and more powerful, humans reproducing faster to balance that out. Also very large anti personnel siege equipment, and deceptive battle tactics, as well as a plethora of traps. Maybe even using the land in their favor. As I stated, it took a long time before humans eventually just got LUCKY, and these giants aren't 100+ feet tall. They're smaller than that, so its not like a bunch of people trying to fight off Vivian or something. I imagined the giants to be somewhere between 35-70 feet tall. IN that range somewhere. Not 100% sure on that quite yet. Just... "giant"

The magic injection is a researchable goal they have. They are a magic dry world - so magic still definitely exists, but maybe they could specialize in storing Felarya's magic into giant crystals, and using those as batteries in their world to increase their magic supply. THat's just one idea. I could probably make a huge list, but I don't want to detract from the idea in favor of technical aspects, but if you're interested I would definitely do that.

Honestly that's something I'd like to know. This is a world that popped into my head, and I thought about it quite a bit, but I've YET to have a second opinion on it, which makes it rather hard to develop as a place. It has rules it operates by, sure, but if its going to be connected to Felarya, its going to need to be able to work with Felarya's rules. Which means the dirt cant be transported and keep the magic. It'll have to be hauled and secured another way instead.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Connected World - Aeoma   Connected World - Aeoma Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2018 9:41 am

Alright, Bael. Let me bring up a few ideas for you to develop Aeoma with...

First of all, you say the giants are apparently THE major threat. Are there any other relevant threats, or is it all about the New York Giants VS the New England Patriots?
Furthermore, are the giants subject to square cube? If not, then we're in a situation where there ought to be magic already, and prying it off their bones is probably goals too.
Why is there a gate only now? What has prevented a gate from forming before, or recently enabled the gate creation?
They are looking for magic. Why only magic? Why not spices, oil, slaves, gunpowder, indoors plumbing, or Twilight novels?
If they have so little magic, how come they can bust giants with it? Is that supposed to work in Felarya too, are there spells that can EXPLODE predators' heads with LOGIC and FACTS?
If they use flak, they probably have explodium. That's more in line with ancient chinese than with ancient Romans, and not that ancient at that.
Are the giants getting any wiser to the li'l uns, organized to stay alive? If so, anything in particular of note?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Connected World - Aeoma   Connected World - Aeoma Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2018 1:47 pm

Cool questions, thanks Smile

First of all, you say the giants are apparently THE major threat. Are there any other relevant threats, or is it all about the New York Giants VS the New England Patriots?

-Giants are really the only major threat here (so far). There's dragons too, but they're rare, isolated, and I don't even think I'm going to have them be sapient. Its not a world teeming with voracious life hellbent on eating itself.

Furthermore, are the giants subject to square cube? If not, then we're in a situation where there ought to be magic already, and prying it off their bones is probably goals too.

The giants aren't terribly massive like the Felarya ones-but they're big enough to be a serious threat. I want to try and keep them within reasonable square cube law, but still pushing that boundary. I'm not sure where the limit on the square cube law extends on that though. That's also why they're "humanoid" they're not just human clones. They have other physical traits as well to assist in their size, but I haven't developed those in detail.

The great thing about not being earth, is not being subjected to the same biomechanisms. That being said, dinosaurs were pretty large. Which is probably closer to their size than Crisis size. Obviously muscle and bone structure and density would be different, and as such they'd look different as well. Larger creatures need thicker limbs to support their mass, blah blah blah.

Why is there a gate only now? What has prevented a gate from forming before, or recently enabled the gate creation?

The world is pretty dry when it comes to magic. As their kingdom developed, their magic knowledge was slow going. It only took until just now for them to connect, and it took a long time, so they wanted a world with an intense amount of magic, as a way to balance out their deficiency. Kind of like how if you're low on iron, eating steak is a good remedy.

They are looking for magic. Why only magic? Why not spices, oil, slaves, gunpowder, indoors plumbing, or Twilight novels?

I'm focusing on the magic deficiency here, not their other trade goods. I could brainstorm and go into detail of course, but I think that'd make the entry too wordy. Its not a main point, as the magic portion is an integral part of how their world itself functions.

If they have so little magic, how come they can bust giants with it? Is that supposed to work in Felarya too, are there spells that can EXPLODE predators' heads with LOGIC and FACTS?

Magic is rare, takes a long time to gather and put into weapons. It still exists, but that's why its really only relegated to military exploits. It doesn't explode giants just by existing. There would still be spells and tools to use that would focus magic and assault the giants with. Now that they're connected to Felarya, it'll be a lot easier to integrate magic into their kingdom. Exporting any type of good that houses magic would be their primary trade here, in return for...probably anything that Negav, Kelerm, or anywhere else would need in exchange. Hence trade.

If they use flak, they probably have explodium. That's more in line with ancient chinese than with ancient Romans, and not that ancient at that.
Are the giants getting any wiser to the li'l uns, organized to stay alive? If so, anything in particular of note?

That's true. I wanted their armor and military designs to ascetically reflect the Romans, but they're still not Roman, so they're going to have tools and weapons that can burst more, like the ancient chinese.

The giants are stone age though, so while they're sapient, they're still a highly underdeveloped people. They got clubs, fur, and raising wild animals and such. As a people they're at the fledgling start. I'd even want to say that their minds are far slower to develop than the humans - who are smaller and individually more vulnerable. Whenever the giants advance their society beyond the stone age, Aeoma will probably be in quite a bit of trouble. Still, they haven't developed theories of philosophy and strategy. There are no Platos or Socrates among the giants. Yet. That's far into the future, and I haven't developed that at all because its simply not relevant to the current situation.

-----------

I'll do some editing later to try and clarify some things, and probably make a few changes.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Connected World - Aeoma   Connected World - Aeoma Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 1:16 am

I edited it. Changed some aspects of it, removed some others, seems I forgot to remove other bits from the old write up I had for roleplays. Admittedly thats where this world was first conceived.

To reiterate Stabs' important question of "why now?" its because I haven't said specifically what date they arrived in Felarya - nor do the other worlds connected mention that, which I think is for the best. Most importantly though is the fact that resources are simply too stretched on fighting the giants. The exact reason for why, may only be able to be answered by the King who ordered them built. Maybe the research was finally done during his reign, and he took advantage. Maybe he got comfortable with a long peaceful period on the fronts. Its hard to say, as there are many things that can contribute to a "why", but the important aspect is that they managed to succeed.

Aeoma is a place of grandeur though,  however their outposts in felarya would be far the opposite, very stealthy and unassuming.

I will be adding elves, but they're going to be backwards:

The Queen of the King who built the gate is an elf. She is from across the ocean, her people tried to escape slaughter on their side from the giants as well. They washed upon the shore, and integrated. They do not have a kingdom, the humans do, as the humans are the elder people here, who I intend, eventually will help the elves before the Kingdom of Aeoma falls, likely resulting in the Deification of a human, who will be on the elven pantheon, revered as probably the God of Wisdom, or something honorable. Elves from here will be humble as well, long lived, but probably have much of their culture influenced and left over by the old kingdom of humans who helped them along.

I find this refreshing and new, because elves are always the older, superior, haughty people.

Elves that migrate from Aeoma to Felarya would be much different in attitude, but they'd probably not mind living there either way.

I'd like to thank Stabs for his useful input and questions. As always, comments are appreciated.

I highlighted the changes I made in red, so people can understand where they are, assuming they dont want to reread the whole damn thing again. haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Connected World - Aeoma   Connected World - Aeoma Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Connected World - Aeoma
Page 1 of 1