Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Happy New Year (also got a job)!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

Happy New Year (also got a job)! Empty
PostSubject: Happy New Year (also got a job)!   Happy New Year (also got a job)! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2019 7:54 am

Happy New Year everyone, even if it is a bit late. I've been extremely busy these past few days though. New Year's aren't a very big thing for me though, the date changes and that's about it. Setting goals is kinda cool, but most people break them shortly after.

Anyway, just yesterday I landed a lab tech job at this large corperation that makes paints. The pay is decent and its only like 25 minutes away. The work seems simple enough, as I seem to be overseeing machines that make batches of paint. Which I hope to be somewhat fun! The people all seemed fairly nice, and at least showed an interest in me during the interview. (They actually called up my headhunter in less than an hour after the interview, which was awesome as they are generally pretty slow company as i've interviewed there about...5 or 6 other times so far? At different locations of course). Honestly, the job is pretty good, the only thing is you can't have cell phones (due to them not wanting pictures taken of sensitive material). But thats really just a minor complaint, and I can understand it. Though I typically watch youtube and eat my lunch, but hopefully my coworkers won't be jerks like the last ones were or I can just eat in my car or something. Additionally, this job is much safer than my previous one, since in my last job, I worked with asbestos, liquid nitrogen (both of which scared me for health reasons) and acids, which I feel better around. This job is just dealing with paint in pretty well ventilated areas. So aside some paint fumes, I'll be totally fine.

I'm pretty happy with the position! Sure it isn't really biology-oriented at all, but its a job and its good enough for me (there really arent many biology jobs around).

Hope you all are doing well! I know the forum has been a bit quiet, but maybe we can try to do something about that?
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Happy New Year (also got a job)! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year (also got a job)!   Happy New Year (also got a job)! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2019 7:56 am

Happy New Year and congratulation cheers
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/

Happy New Year (also got a job)!
Page 1 of 1