Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ozy's Bizzare

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ozymindas
Helpless prey
ozymindas

Ozy's Bizzare Empty
PostSubject: Ozy's Bizzare   Ozy's Bizzare Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2019 9:08 pm

Yes I'm bloody aware it doesn't rhyme. This isn't a place for word play. it's a play where we intend to post ideas we have for Felarya. We care about you opinion of course but do not trash ideas without giving us a good reason please.

Obsedium Rose

Threat: High
A hardy plant that grows in the deepest reaches of the Akaptor.  It grows up to a height of eight to ten feet usually but larger specimens up to thirty feet tall have been reported. The petals are arranged in a rounded rose shape and are bright purple with blue striations. The center of the rose is a large around dew drop of sparkling water. Those who attempt to extract it however will find it is not water and is in fact a flexible and transparent sticky membrane that will expand and engulf it's prey in an instant then pull it into the center. After capturing prey the petals enfold and a long digestive process begins that ensures the prey will be digested in terrible agony for days. Oddly the flowers only bloom when they detect movement. Careful studies by the local Kelermites have revealed the plant's root system spreads around in network of vibration sensitive veins.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Ozy's Bizzare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozy's Bizzare   Ozy's Bizzare Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 1:07 pm

It's an interesting idea ^^ using the aspect of water in order to lure prey in make sense in Akaptor.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

Ozy's Bizzare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozy's Bizzare   Ozy's Bizzare Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2019 4:06 pm

Ohh vibration sensitive roots? I love that. Was that one of mine or the wikis? I know I've seen it once before.
Back to top Go down
ozymindas
Helpless prey
ozymindas

Ozy's Bizzare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozy's Bizzare   Ozy's Bizzare Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 10:11 pm

Alright going to flex my writing muscles a little here and try to make up a Felaryan Legend that uses the Egyptian goddess/demon known as Ammit as it's base:

In the city of Kelerm there are many religions and beliefs and in most there is a hell or a fate worse than death. Very rarely is this fate idolized or wished for by it's believers. The voracious Cult of Nimma Kor is the one exception to this rule. They observed nature and noticed that Felarya is based on a simple principle: everyone is food for something. If that is true of this world then it must also be true of the next and that the chief ruler of it will consume the souls of the worthy wherin her belly will lay a nexus of worlds that will be paradise for the devout who follow the true path of nature and are consumed.

(Just a little idea. Feel free to help this one along.)
Back to top Go down
Bug Boobz
Tasty morsel
Bug Boobz

Location : Stomach of a slug girl digesting slowly and wonderfully.

Ozy's Bizzare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozy's Bizzare   Ozy's Bizzare Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 10:18 pm

The Obsidium Rose sounds like quite a vicious plant to encounter in an already terrible part of Felarya. Congrats! What sort of insects do you think could live near, on or off of such a plant?
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/boe-weevil
opt4bootay
Helpless prey
opt4bootay

Ozy's Bizzare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozy's Bizzare   Ozy's Bizzare Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 11:32 pm

ozymindas wrote:
Alright going to flex my writing muscles a little here and try to make up a Felaryan Legend that uses the Egyptian goddess/demon known as Ammit as it's base:

In the city of Kelerm there are many religions and beliefs and in most there is a hell or a fate worse than death. Very rarely is this fate idolized or wished for by it's believers. The voracious Cult of Nimma Kor is the one exception to this rule. They observed nature and noticed that Felarya is based on a simple principle: everyone is food for something. If that is true of this world then it must also be true of the next and that the chief ruler of it will consume the souls of the worthy wherin her belly will lay a nexus of worlds that will be paradise for the devout who follow the true path of nature and are consumed.

(Just a little idea. Feel free to help this one along.)

Too obvious a statement and just a little bit...scatter brained You need to add more structure and also make it relevant to more than Kelerm. Negav is the hub of this world after all.
Back to top Go down
ozymindas
Helpless prey
ozymindas

Ozy's Bizzare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozy's Bizzare   Ozy's Bizzare Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2019 3:30 pm

Bug Boobz wrote:
The Obsidium Rose sounds like quite a vicious plant to encounter in an already terrible part of Felarya. Congrats! What sort of insects do you think could live near, on or off of such a plant?

I...hadn't thought of that until now! Bloody hell you raise a good point! I'll think on that though off hand I would say anything that dwells in water or is parasitic?
Back to top Go down
Bug Boobz
Tasty morsel
Bug Boobz

Location : Stomach of a slug girl digesting slowly and wonderfully.

Ozy's Bizzare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozy's Bizzare   Ozy's Bizzare Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2019 5:09 pm

It's alright. Insects are often overlooked despite them being superior to many other forms of life. A vital part of even Felarya's ecosystem.
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/boe-weevil
Sponsored content

Ozy's Bizzare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozy's Bizzare   Ozy's Bizzare Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ozy's Bizzare
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: Idea forums :: New ideas-
Jump to: