Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Discord?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rammyflowers
Tasty morsel
rammyflowers

Discord? Empty
PostSubject: Discord?   Discord? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2022 10:52 am

Hi all. Been intrigued with this universe and absolutely fascinated with the worldbuilding for a few years now. I know this place is pretty devoid of life, but I was wondering if there is an invite to the Discord somewhere?
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

Discord? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discord?   Discord? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2022 11:10 am

Hello there! You'll find the forum is quite dead, other than some idea sharing now and then. We moved from the forums to the Discord years ago. I'll DM you the instructions on how to get there.
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

Discord? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discord?   Discord? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2022 3:34 pm

rammyflowers wrote:
Hi all. Been intrigued with this universe and absolutely fascinated with the worldbuilding for a few years now. I know this place is pretty devoid of life, but I was wondering if there is an invite to the Discord somewhere?

Hey Rammy. Nice to meet you. Did you find the Deviant Art group? I'm on DA (https://www.deviantart.com/thelightlostx) we can also talk there.
Back to top Go down
2Ron2R
Helpless prey
2Ron2R

Discord? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discord?   Discord? Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2022 7:26 pm

jedi-explorer, what is actually on the Discord?  I'm rather reluctant to use Discord for variety of reasons and I'm not sure whether it's worth the bother.

Also, welcome aboard to rammyflowers and greetings to TheLightLost.
Back to top Go down
http://2ron2r.deviantart.com/
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

Discord? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discord?   Discord? Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2022 5:27 pm

2Ron2R wrote:
jedi-explorer, what is actually on the Discord?  I'm rather reluctant to use Discord for variety of reasons and I'm not sure whether it's worth the bother.

Also, welcome aboard to rammyflowers and greetings to TheLightLost.

Hey, I remember your avatar. I don't know if we talked much in the past.

As for Discord, to be completely honest, it's good to have a place to stay in touch with people but it's not really scratching the itch that I have to talk about Felarya. It doesn't replace what the forums and the DA group combined used to be, to me, at least. Maybe if you like to RP it's great but I don't RP so I wouldn't really know. Like I said though, it's good just to be able to keep in touch with everyone.

2Ron2R likes this post

Back to top Go down
2Ron2R
Helpless prey
2Ron2R

Discord? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discord?   Discord? Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2022 6:48 pm

TheLightLost wrote:

Hey, I remember your avatar. I don't know if we talked much in the past.

As for Discord, to be completely honest, it's good to have a place to stay in touch with people but it's not really scratching the itch that I have to talk about Felarya. It doesn't replace what the forums and the DA group combined used to be, to me, at least. Maybe if you like to RP it's great but I don't RP so I wouldn't really know. Like I said though, it's good just to be able to keep in touch with everyone.

Well, me and my 22 posts (now 24) didn't do that much talking to anyone really.  But I do remember talking to you on at least one occasion.  It was in the piracy thread, interestingly enough about your avatar, you know your old one where she had the guys legs hanging out of her mouth.

My avatar was never originally intended to be in use this long.  I always intended to replace it with art of my own characters but 'real life'tm got in the way.

I wasn't sure if it had anything beyond just being a chat engine.  I was hoping there might be resources like a timeline that had more detail with more recent events (the one on the wiki is good for ancient history but not so much for things like, for example "When was Safe Harbor founded?").  It still seems to have a lot of security issues as well as a growing trend toward the censoriousness that seems so popular these days.  So I'll probably pass on it.

You can contact me on eka's or DA if you want though (obviously here too but the message space seems quite limited so I'd rather you didn't unless you really need to).
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

Discord? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discord?   Discord? Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2022 2:35 am

2Ron2R wrote:

There's a variety of channels for all sorts of things ranging from role play, development and discussion of lore to more 'normal' things such as sharing of videos, music and discussion of video games like any other Discord. We're not too picky about who we let in and only have refused one person entry till he was of age to join. ^_^ But I can understand Discord is not everyone's favorite engine. Though you should know we're more active than the DA Group and ten times more active than this crypt.

2Ron2R likes this post

Back to top Go down
2Ron2R
Helpless prey
2Ron2R

Discord? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discord?   Discord? Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2022 6:52 pm

jedi-explorer wrote:
There's a variety of channels for all sorts of things ranging from role play, development and discussion of lore to more 'normal' things such as sharing of videos, music and discussion of video games like any other Discord. We're not too picky about who we let in and only have refused one person entry till he was of age to join. ^_^ But I can understand Discord is not everyone's favorite engine.
Thank you for your response.

I remember there used to be someone on here with a stated age of 12, never knew if that was real or a joke though.  It always seemed a little weird to have a fetish community on a PG site.

I think what I'd be looking for might be something like Campfire blaze, WorldAnvil, or something similar.  I still don't know a lot about them though.  Has anybody discussed such things before as far as your aware?

Quote :
Though you should know we're more active than the DA Group and ten times more active than this crypt.
Ouch! True but ouch!  When I first joined it was if anything too active.  That was a long time ago though.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

Discord? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discord?   Discord? Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2022 12:09 am

2Ron2R wrote:
jedi-explorer wrote:
There's a variety of channels for all sorts of things ranging from role play, development and discussion of lore to more 'normal' things such as sharing of videos, music and discussion of video games like any other Discord. We're not too picky about who we let in and only have refused one person entry till he was of age to join. ^_^ But I can understand Discord is not everyone's favorite engine.
Thank you for your response.

I remember there used to be someone on here with a stated age of 12, never knew if that was real or a joke though.  It always seemed a little weird to have a fetish community on a PG site.

I think what I'd be looking for might be something like Campfire blaze, WorldAnvil, or something similar.  I still don't know a lot about them though.  Has anybody discussed such things before as far as your aware?

Quote :
Though you should know we're more active than the DA Group and ten times more active than this crypt.
Ouch! True but ouch!  When I first joined it was if anything too active.  That was a long time ago though.

Not a problem! Sorry it took me this long to notice it but as I said this place is pretty low on our recruitment radar. I honestly came here to take some data from my OC lists and just happened to see this! XD

There are no 12 year olds in our group. We had unaged person join the group when we were open and on Dishboard and public. He caused so much terror and trouble that he's one of the main reason we have to vett people before letting them in sadly.

I know of World Anvil. Used it to log a fantasy world I made up when I got annoyed how few there were based on airhships as the main form of travel and world building. I cannot see why we would use that for Felarya when we have the wiki though...^^; First I've seen of Camp Fire but she seems a sound site for story sharing and world building too but again we have hardly the need these days.
Back to top Go down
2Ron2R
Helpless prey
2Ron2R

Discord? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discord?   Discord? Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2022 5:42 pm

jedi-explorer wrote:
Not a problem! Sorry it took me this long to notice it but as I said this place is pretty low on our recruitment radar. I honestly came here to take some data from my OC lists and just happened to see this! XD
Quite alright, I was actually taken by surprise when TheLightLost answered the next day.  

Quote :
There are no 12 year olds in our group. We had unaged person join the group when we were open and on Dishboard and public. He caused so much terror and trouble that he's one of the main reason we have to vett people before letting them in sadly.
I have no doubt, I remember a time when a comic showed empty cribs in a nursery after a predator attack and the community went nuts.  Part of the reason I suspect the person with "Age : 12" might have been a joke is that no one was freaking out, at least as far as I saw.

Quote :
I know of World Anvil. Used it to log a fantasy world I made up when I got annoyed how few there were based on airhships as the main form of travel and world building. I cannot see why we would use that for Felarya when we have the wiki though...^^; First I've seen of Camp Fire but she seems a sound site for story sharing and world building too but again we have hardly the need these days.
My thoughts were along the lines of a tool for creators to coordinate stories between them.  The wiki has limitations due to the limited number of people who can edit it (not that there aren't good reasons for that and frankly you wouldn't want every little conceivable detail in there anyway).  The idea was probably a pipe dream at the best of times though as you'd have to get people actually use it, and people can be a bit like cats when it comes to getting them to do something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Discord? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discord?   Discord? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discord?
Page 1 of 1