Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last illustration Second Thoughts sorry guys :(

Go down 
+5
Pendragon
Nervan
GREGOLE
gwadahunter2222
Claire
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Claire
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Claire

Last illustration Second Thoughts  sorry guys :( Empty
PostSubject: Last illustration Second Thoughts sorry guys :(   Last illustration Second Thoughts  sorry guys :( Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 7:31 pm

As much as i wanted to do my story, its not going to work out. I just don't feel comfortable doing it as before Crying or Very sad A lot of people i know in person and over msn are getting the wrong idea of why I'm doing a fan based story of Felarya, I also read a lot of threads on "certain topics" and i don't really know what i got my self into. I don't know what to do anymore, i cant really do something that big without ppl talking and assuming things about me. I also dont feel comfortable with drawing
pain/death." I want to leave on good terms, the last thing i want to do is offended someone, there was just a misunderstanding some where along the road, i really like this fantasy world. I'll draw some pictures here and there.

Thanks Karbo for makeing this fantasy world, it really expanded my drawing ability and changed my out look in life in some cases in general.
-----

This picture takes place in The Dridder forest. Claire saved a human from a Naga, as Claire was about to suck the life out of the Naga, the human begged Claire to spare its life because he couldn't stand the Nagas screams. As a result, it gave Claire "second thoughts."

Last illustration Second Thoughts  sorry guys :( Narativesmall
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Last illustration Second Thoughts sorry guys :(   Last illustration Second Thoughts  sorry guys :( Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 7:52 pm

Nice picture Very Happy
An advice ignore any bad comment about your story because you don't start it.
Developp your story as you want to do, I think it can be very interesting and have a strong potential.
Don't worry about you read and people say, write your story for the fun to write Wink
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: Last illustration Second Thoughts sorry guys :(   Last illustration Second Thoughts  sorry guys :( Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 7:57 pm

Now, as much as I respect your needs, your life and your decision to do this, I'm going to straight up and say right now that if you decide to drop this story, I am going to break down and cry right here and right now.

I'm sorry, I've been looking forward to this for too long.

I'd like to know what you're worried about. I'm good at dispelling doubts about certain things.

I respect the fact that it's your call and that you have a life, but despite that, as a potential fan, I am BEGGING you not to quit it.
Back to top Go down
Claire
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Claire

PostSubject: Re: Last illustration Second Thoughts sorry guys :(   Last illustration Second Thoughts  sorry guys :( Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 8:03 pm

GREGOLE wrote:
Now, as much as I respect your needs, your life and your decision to do this, I'm going to straight up and say right now that if you decide to drop this story, I am going to break down and cry right here and right now.

I'm sorry, I've been looking forward to this for too long.

I'd like to know what you're worried about. I'm good at dispelling doubts about certain things.

I respect the fact that it's your call and that you have a life, but despite that, as a potential fan, I am BEGGING you not to quit it.

i kno i'm really being indirect about this. If i'm really straight forward about it, i know i will offended someone, but i really want to talk about it too , the most indirect way of saying it is that, " there are certain things that people are into that i'm not into, and a lot of people i know think i am. Sad

i could tell you in privet if you really want to know why.
Back to top Go down
Nervan
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Nervan

PostSubject: Re: Last illustration Second Thoughts sorry guys :(   Last illustration Second Thoughts  sorry guys :( Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 8:07 pm

Your choice is your own to make.

As for my opinion, for what it's worth, I'd hate to see Felarya lose any good writing talent. However, I can also understand your concern, as I've scrapped or simply not shared a lot of things I've produced (both here and elsewhere) because of concerns about how it would be viewed, and how I'd be viewed because of it. I have an idea of where you're coming from with this, and if it helps, you have my sympathy.

Whatever you decide to do, or wherever you decide to go from here, I'll wish you the best. If you wish, I'll also lend an ear for whatever you want to get off your chest, if you feel like trusting me with it.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: Last illustration Second Thoughts sorry guys :(   Last illustration Second Thoughts  sorry guys :( Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 8:29 pm

Quote :
i kno i'm really being indirect about this. If
i'm really straight forward about it, i know i will offended someone,
but i really want to talk about it too , the most indirect way of
saying it is that, " there are certain things that people are into that
i'm not into, and a lot of people i know think i am. Sad

i could tell you in privet if you really want to know why.

Well, I think I know exactly what you're saying, and I understand perfectly. It's your choice in the end.

I'm still going to go mope about it, though. >_>
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Last illustration Second Thoughts sorry guys :(   Last illustration Second Thoughts  sorry guys :( Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 9:19 pm

I can only hope you'll continue this story. I'm practically begging you to finish it.

There are alot of things in Felarya that are unique. It would be so much awesome if you continued. But I can't force you. I'll hope for the best.
Back to top Go down
Claire
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Claire

PostSubject: Re: Last illustration Second Thoughts sorry guys :(   Last illustration Second Thoughts  sorry guys :( Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 9:40 pm

i want to do it really bad.

i also made this thread for some advice. how do i deal with it. what should i do.
Back to top Go down
Nervan
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Nervan

PostSubject: Re: Last illustration Second Thoughts sorry guys :(   Last illustration Second Thoughts  sorry guys :( Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 9:49 pm

The choice of what to do is yours, and yours alone. Neither I nor anyone else has any right to pressure you toward one decision or another. This includes those you say are "making assumptions" about you.

If advice would help, try considering your options.

You can cancel the story and stop writing, as you planned to do in your original post. Those that were waiting for the next chapter of it will be disappointed, but you don't have to worry about people with mistaken opinions on you. All I'd like to ask is that you don't leave us completely; your company and your talents are appreciated here.

If you continue the story, you may give fodder to those assuming things about you, but fans of your work will be happy. Keep in mind, you also seem to have the emotional support of the forum and people here, should you decide to continue.

It's very hard to give solid advice without details, but I won't press you for those, as I respect your right to privacy in personal matters. It's up to you to decide who to trust with this situation.

I only hope my advice helps.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Last illustration Second Thoughts sorry guys :(   Last illustration Second Thoughts  sorry guys :( Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 4:20 am

I am very very sorry to hear that... I can understand your reasons but it's hard to see such promising project aborted... Sad
I hope you will not completely cut links though, your pictures are always a wonder for the eyes..

And speaking of that, this last picture is superb, and clearly your best in my opinion ! The light is just incredible ^__^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Last illustration Second Thoughts sorry guys :(   Last illustration Second Thoughts  sorry guys :( Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 4:59 am

Oh man, are you saying people know about your vore interests and they're getting freaked out?

I'm not a big fan of people being eaten alive and whole, but I'm here for the utterly irresistible "stay out of Vore" challenge. I'm fully on your side here. Plus, I live under a similar sword of damocles myself as a newly coming-out unbirth fan.

It's a pity when your potential critics are closer to you in life than your fans. What can I do except wish you strength with my mind and all that?

Well, I can offer some meager advice. Change your character, its names, and your name, and avoid having the same identity on MSN, etc. That's all I can say for now. There are a lot of Dridder-making authors. Hide in the crowd, keep your head down and so forth.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: Last illustration Second Thoughts sorry guys :(   Last illustration Second Thoughts  sorry guys :( Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 6:56 pm

Well, to be perfectly honest, I think that if you really want to do it then you should do it. I say this not as a biased and desperate potential fan - which I am - but as a fellow artist.

I think I understand what it is that's making you hesitant, but if it's alright, I'd kinda like more details so I can know exactly what to say.
Back to top Go down
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

PostSubject: Re: Last illustration Second Thoughts sorry guys :(   Last illustration Second Thoughts  sorry guys :( Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 7:02 pm

Raveolution wrote:

Well, I can offer some meager advice. Change your character, its names, and your name, and avoid having the same identity on MSN, etc. That's all I can say for now. There are a lot of Dridder-making authors. Hide in the crowd, keep your head down and so forth.

Good luck!

Umm I'm just curious, how will that exactly help? I guess thats your way of going about it but in my own opinon I think she should hold her head high! I bet she can get through any negitive comments about her story and or drawings.

Claire I really hope you'll finish up this story, I'd love to see it and read it along with more drawings, I'm rooting for ya!
Back to top Go down
http://melancholy-melody.deviantart.com/
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Last illustration Second Thoughts sorry guys :(   Last illustration Second Thoughts  sorry guys :( Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 8:25 pm

Moonlight-pendent wrote:
Umm I'm just curious, how will that exactly help? I guess thats your way of going about it but in my own opinon I think she should hold her head high! I bet she can get through any negitive comments about her story and or drawings.

Claire I really hope you'll finish up this story, I'd love to see it and read it along with more drawings, I'm rooting for ya!
A lot of people are quite afraid of the "eww, you're a sicko" commentary from people they know and trust.

Claire may have more to lose by standing her ground than you or I realize.
Back to top Go down
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

PostSubject: Re: Last illustration Second Thoughts sorry guys :(   Last illustration Second Thoughts  sorry guys :( Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 10:44 pm

Raveolution wrote:
Moonlight-pendent wrote:

A lot of people are quite afraid of the "eww, you're a sicko" commentary from people they know and trust.

Claire may have more to lose by standing her ground than you or I realize.

I understand that but just backing down is showing them it is something to be ashamed of and it's not.

I don't exactly see what she could lose? if people find it disgusting who cares? I know people who find homosexuality disgusting, who find nudity disgusting, there are always gonna be people who dislike something vore included, she shouldn't let a few negitive comments get her down.
Back to top Go down
Claire
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Claire

PostSubject: Re: Last illustration Second Thoughts sorry guys :(   Last illustration Second Thoughts  sorry guys :( Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 11:56 pm

i appreciate the advice everyone, i didnt realize i had people careing about the story this much even through i didn't really post what the story is about O_O, but some of you guys are misunderstanding me, i'm not into it. ,

i'll prob end up buying my friends a bottle or something next time i go out, champagne isnt cheap,

looks like i'm going to be broke again haha.

i never really wanted this thread to be a big thing, thats why i was being so indirect about it lol i'll just say my whole story then.
-------------------

I found Felarya through Karbo's page on deviant art. The concept was very unique and it was aweome, then i saw a page for a contest he was holding so i was like, "i am soooo drawing monster girls." As i was reading the contest page i saw the word "vore" on the page and read the description,

" If you wonder what is vore : you could describe that as a fascination toward the act of consumption. A particular interest to see a creature eat another."

so i was like alright, i always watched a lot of vampire movies, jungle movies (hunt or be hunted kind of movies) and i was very interested how some things can look innocent but be very dangerous at the same time. The fact that somethings are very deadly, you know it will prob kill you but ur still drawn to it becuase of its innocents. Its concepts like these that can send a powerful messages in ur art, and as a growing artist, its something i wanted to explore.

So i practiced this concept, instead of looking at life/morals through a human perspective i looked at it through other creatures points of views, fantasy and real. It really changed my outlook on life in general. (for the good!)

Its practically why i wanted to make this story, what really defines evil or good, why do things fight and kill each other, ect.
------

one of my friends was on my deviant art page, and saw one of my pictures i did for Felarya linked to karbos page. After he visted he was like, "Chuck what are you thinking." I didnt care, i told him the jungle is awsome. But he told me vore seemed like a fetish. So i decided to look into the actual concept of vore, and i'm not going to lie, i was very very very very surprised, (i'll just leave my reaction at that).

BUT thats NOT the problem. The problem is i dont want ppl thinking that i'm into something when i'm not, and doing things for the wrong reasons. Its not a bad thing at all, i mean everyone has their own thing, its just this isnt mine.
------

i'm taking a brake for a couple of days, i'm illustrating a picture for a student art show in my college, so after that i'll try continue the story and see what happens, cause i really want to do it, i been working on it for months. I'll take everyones advice, its just the whole thing hit me at once and i didnt know what i got myself into, and if someone says something bad about me i'll be like w/e. I'm rich, in college, talk to girls all the time, have a great body, go to the best clubs in the world, so anyone has a problem of what i'm doing can kiss my greek butt!!! geek
Back to top Go down
Nervan
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Nervan

PostSubject: Re: Last illustration Second Thoughts sorry guys :(   Last illustration Second Thoughts  sorry guys :( Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 12:01 am

Claire wrote:
I'll take everyones advice, its just the whole thing hit me at once and i didnt know what i got myself into, and if someone says something bad about me i'll be like w/e. I'm rich, in college, talk to girls all the time, have a great body, go to the best clubs in the world, so anyone has a problem of what i'm doing can kiss my greek butt!!! geek
Sounds to me like you've found your solution, yes?
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Last illustration Second Thoughts sorry guys :(   Last illustration Second Thoughts  sorry guys :( Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 5:05 am

Well, just remember one thing, if you like vore and want to make a story about it, then it's you're business, people don't have the right to say it's sick. In fact, I'm sure those who says that vore is sick aren't even half as good as you are at story writing.

Also, when I want motivation, I listen to "Eye of The Tiger" by Survivor. The lyrics really kicks ass.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

PostSubject: Re: Last illustration Second Thoughts sorry guys :(   Last illustration Second Thoughts  sorry guys :( Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 6:05 am

Claire wrote:

i'm taking a brake for a couple of days, i'm illustrating a picture for a student art show in my college, so after that i'll try continue the story and see what happens, cause i really want to do it, i been working on it for months. I'll take everyones advice, its just the whole thing hit me at once and i didnt know what i got myself into, and if someone says something bad about me i'll be like w/e. I'm rich, in college, talk to girls all the time, have a great body, go to the best clubs in the world, so anyone has a problem of what i'm doing can kiss my greek butt!!! geek

Yay! I'm very happy to hear! and go you! don't let em get you down! ^^ cheers
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Last illustration Second Thoughts sorry guys :(   Last illustration Second Thoughts  sorry guys :( Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 6:30 am

Claire wrote:
I'll take everyones advice, its just the whole thing hit me at once and i didnt know what i got myself into, and if someone says something bad about me i'll be like w/e. I'm rich, in college, talk to girls all the time, have a great body, go to the best clubs in the world, so anyone has a problem of what i'm doing can kiss my greek butt!!! geek

Good luck cheers
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: Last illustration Second Thoughts sorry guys :(   Last illustration Second Thoughts  sorry guys :( Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 9:27 am

Well, that's more or less what I suspected was the problem.

I wouldn't let it worry you. A surprising number of folks in the Felarya community aren't really into vore, but love the characters and concepts enough to wanna stick around. There's nothing wrong with that at all.

It's clearly not the focus of your story - the characters and situation are. And I'm sure it'll become clear to anyone who reads it.

But if you REALLY want to do it and have already invested months into is as you say, I would REALLY try to avoid scrapping it all for an issue like this.

Good luck to you.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Last illustration Second Thoughts sorry guys :(   Last illustration Second Thoughts  sorry guys :( Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 9:34 am

I agree, you wouldn't believe the number of people who actually aren't into vore but are still sticking around Razz ( some of them change opinion too XD )
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Last illustration Second Thoughts sorry guys :(   Last illustration Second Thoughts  sorry guys :( Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 10:20 am

Claire wrote:
Way to go, Claire - you're an awesome artist!
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Last illustration Second Thoughts sorry guys :(   Last illustration Second Thoughts  sorry guys :( Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 10:54 am

Raveolution wrote:
Way to go, Claire - you're an awesome artist!

I'd like to second that statement please.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last illustration Second Thoughts sorry guys :(   Last illustration Second Thoughts  sorry guys :( Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last illustration Second Thoughts sorry guys :(
Page 1 of 1