Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flee or fight?

Go down 
+22
FalconJudge
Crivella
OneofMany
Prof.Nekko
Oldman40k2003
Stabs
GREGOLE
Archmage_Bael
JohnDoe
asaenvolk
SuperPieGuy9
Rythmear
Googlememan
A-Eadie
Zoekin
Mickilla
Pendragon
Ewin
Mentalguy
Nervan
Malahite
Warrior3000
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Warrior3000
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Warrior3000

Flee or fight? Empty
PostSubject: Flee or fight?   Flee or fight? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:41 pm

I was just wondering if you guys were wondering arouns and all of a sudden a predator of some sort jumped out at you, what would you do?

Try to Flee?
Fight?
Beg for life?
accept fate?
If you would do anything what pred would you try it against? For instance for a Naga I would just accept fate It would be useless fighting (Me small Naga BIG) and they would probably be faster then me. But against something like a fearie id try running, or if I could somehow get them away from or take their bag O' Magic I would definantly fight them.
Back to top Go down
http://w-3-k.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Flee or fight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flee or fight?   Flee or fight? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:43 pm

What do we have on our person? Similarly, is there anyone around us? What type of Predator is it?

This makes all the difference.
Back to top Go down
Warrior3000
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Warrior3000

Flee or fight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flee or fight?   Flee or fight? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:49 pm

That would be up to you for decide, for instance if I had an AK47 a fearie is dead!! however please dont make your person suber uber like a god
Back to top Go down
http://w-3-k.deviantart.com/
Nervan
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Nervan

Flee or fight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flee or fight?   Flee or fight? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:54 pm

Hopefully, the transition to Felarya would've left me changed into a predator-species of some kind, so I wouldn't have to do either. In this case, if the predator I met was lovely and female, I might try to strike up a chat, see if she'd be willing to join me for dinner. Y'know, find some nice humans to snack upon or something.

If it didn't, my only option would probably be "flee and get eaten" as, IRL, I have no skills or means to defend myself.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Flee or fight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flee or fight?   Flee or fight? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 5:01 pm

Non-God Item?

Syringe. Hello, Air in Predator veins.

If we're speaking the 'whatever powers we want', I have a few ideas.

Without choice at equipment or powers, my best bet is to hope others are nearby. If it's more important they live, I can attempt to distract the predator so they escape. If not, safety in numbers.
Back to top Go down
Mentalguy
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Mentalguy

Flee or fight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flee or fight?   Flee or fight? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 5:16 pm

I dont think I would try to fight or flee. I think instead of begging for my life, I would just ask to be spared. If that didnt work, I'd ask the pred to at least make it a quick end.
Back to top Go down
http://mentalguy15.deviantart.com/
Ewin
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Ewin

Flee or fight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flee or fight?   Flee or fight? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 5:53 pm

Just try catching an Elf, we are far too quick for you mere mortals.
I guarantee the inhabitants in Sunfall Thicket will get you before they get me.
Back to top Go down
http://elvenskies.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Flee or fight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flee or fight?   Flee or fight? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 5:56 pm

Though since it appears we are going "Whatever race you hope yourself to be," well, this lil' Primarch's having a field day.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Flee or fight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flee or fight?   Flee or fight? Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 4:02 am

I use my knowledge from these forums to get myself out of it. If I ran into Crisis, for instance, I'd tell her everything about her life that she thinks I'd never know.

Then I'd suck up to her (a personal skill of mine)
Back to top Go down
Mickilla
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Mickilla

Flee or fight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flee or fight?   Flee or fight? Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 8:53 am

As tempting as it may be to try and strike up a conversation with one of the pretty natives, my first choice in any situation is to hide and hope not to be found. Assuming that I am found, and that I have no escape or means to fight back, my next option would be negotiation. Naturally, which predator I'm dealing with will have a huge effect on whether or not negotiation will even work, which means that by now, I'm either dead already or just inches away from it. If by some miracle the pred waits so much as a few seconds to hear me out, I'd tell an entertaining version of my story of being here, and in the process explain all of the reasons that it would be a bad idea to eat me immediately and all the benefits of letting me live. Again, depending on the predator, I might either be consumed or left alive a little longer. At this point, my only remaining option would be to use a guilt trip plus some flattery. I might say something to the effect of: "Oh well, I guess you're going to eat me now. It was fun while it lasted, at least I can rest in peace knowing my death benefited a kind and beautiful creature such as yourself..."
Back to top Go down
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

Flee or fight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flee or fight?   Flee or fight? Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 2:49 pm

Very Happy
I like to believe that if I arrived in Felarya I'd become Katrika by default.
Back to top Go down
http://tanyastoviaka.deviantart.com/
A-Eadie
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

Flee or fight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flee or fight?   Flee or fight? Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 5:36 pm

If I personally was dropped into Felarya and met a predator I would probably try to run if I could. If not, I would try to talk my way out of a meal if the predator is intelligent.

When it comes to 'if I have such and such power' to deal with a predator, remember that most of them have some kind of innate magical resistance. Instead of casting directly, cast around them. To deal with a giant(ess) bind their legs together and they will trip when they try to chase you. If that isn't an option, a possible solution is to 'shield' their air passage. They might panic and try to clear an obstruction instead of squishing you (or squish you to clear the obstruction) if they can't get to you in time, lack of oxygen will cause them to faint, allowing you to get away.
Back to top Go down
Googlememan
Survivor
Survivor
Googlememan

Flee or fight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flee or fight?   Flee or fight? Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 5:44 pm

i would shoot myself in the head
Back to top Go down
http://DecepticonBarricade.deviantart.com/
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

Flee or fight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flee or fight?   Flee or fight? Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 5:57 pm

I would heroically run like a gazelle.
Back to top Go down
A-Eadie
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

Flee or fight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flee or fight?   Flee or fight? Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 4:08 am

On my mark, execute Python Attack! 1 2 3 RUN AWAY!!
Back to top Go down
SuperPieGuy9
Great warrior
Great warrior
SuperPieGuy9

Flee or fight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flee or fight?   Flee or fight? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 2:39 pm

If it was a fairy I'd first try to run and if needed remove their wings. For nagas I would run for the nearest spot where their hand can't reach me. For dryads I would try to light them on fire (mainly because of pyromania). For dridders I would fight fight fight! If it was a mermaid I would beg for life and if that doesn't work I'd accept my fate.
Back to top Go down
asaenvolk
Marauder of the deep jungle
asaenvolk

Flee or fight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flee or fight?   Flee or fight? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 2:57 pm

Well the things would vary wildly to be sure. First things first, AVOID notice at all costs, second run, next talk to them, begging is unlikely to work, as is an attack unless I was stupidly lucky.
Back to top Go down
http://asaenvolk.deviantart.com/
JohnDoe
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

Flee or fight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flee or fight?   Flee or fight? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 10:22 pm

Well, if cartoons have taught me anything, all I gotta do is drop an anvil on the predators head.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Flee or fight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flee or fight?   Flee or fight? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 11:23 pm

JohnDoe wrote:
Well, if cartoons have taught me anything, all I gotta do is drop an anvil on the predators head.

fairy: *comes out from another direction* that was my illusion silly!*
Back to top Go down
asaenvolk
asaenvolk

Flee or fight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flee or fight?   Flee or fight? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 4:33 am

on the other hand if I had something like a guyver unit.... which is about as likely as winding up IN Felarya.
Back to top Go down
http://asaenvolk.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Flee or fight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flee or fight?   Flee or fight? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 12:13 pm

to be perfectly honest here, I think it would suck just randomly ending up in felarya.

I've taken sword fighting classes, but that wont get me anywhere. (I'm a medieval nut XD)
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

Flee or fight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flee or fight?   Flee or fight? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 12:31 pm

Well, this is just me, but assuming it was a fairy, I would take advantage of the rampant stupidity minor fairies tend to display on a daily basis(I'm being chased by something horrid, but I probably have time to eat this small, unsatisfying child. I'll even let her speak first!) and swat her.

But that's me.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

Flee or fight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flee or fight?   Flee or fight? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 5:28 am

Well, I've been elaborating strategies on how to take down any Felaryan predator. My conclussions?

Flamethrower trumps everything. Fire hurts. Fire bad. Grr fire. Even Crisis would have pause for thought if she tried to snatch you and you wet her hand with napalm. Mennysan probably wouldn't... then again, she rarely appears there.

Then again, as no one ends up with a flamethrower, I'd take a torch, a pitchfork... and look for the place where they came from. If I meet up with a predator, please don't let it be a fairy. PLEASE don't let it be a fairy. It's impossible to take cover from them. But taking cover would probably be a workable tactic for just about anything else, if you aren't already within arms' reach. If you are... unbutton your jacket, and keep the sleeves beyond your fingers. If they catch you, just let them take the jacket and keep running.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Flee or fight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flee or fight?   Flee or fight? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 9:57 am

i bet there's fire-based spells you could use to remedy the "no fire" problem.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

Flee or fight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flee or fight?   Flee or fight? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 10:10 am

Flamethrowers actually have far fewer restrictions than most heavy weapons in America. May have something to do with how easily you can make one yourself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Flee or fight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flee or fight?   Flee or fight? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flee or fight?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next