Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Tale of Suspense, of Mystery, and of Grand Adventure!

Go down 

Did you like it? (Please read story first!)
It was awesome! Can't wait for the next!
A Tale of Suspense, of Mystery, and of Grand Adventure! Vote_lcap33%A Tale of Suspense, of Mystery, and of Grand Adventure! Vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
It was okay. Not too bad for a first try.
A Tale of Suspense, of Mystery, and of Grand Adventure! Vote_lcap50%A Tale of Suspense, of Mystery, and of Grand Adventure! Vote_rcap
 50% [ 3 ]
Meh... I'd rather not say.
A Tale of Suspense, of Mystery, and of Grand Adventure! Vote_lcap0%A Tale of Suspense, of Mystery, and of Grand Adventure! Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
It sucked. Go jump off a cliff.
A Tale of Suspense, of Mystery, and of Grand Adventure! Vote_lcap0%A Tale of Suspense, of Mystery, and of Grand Adventure! Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
It was horrible, but don't go cliff-jumping.
 0% [ 0 ]
Such an original poll, really...
A Tale of Suspense, of Mystery, and of Grand Adventure! Vote_lcap17%A Tale of Suspense, of Mystery, and of Grand Adventure! Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

A Tale of Suspense, of Mystery, and of Grand Adventure! Empty
PostSubject: A Tale of Suspense, of Mystery, and of Grand Adventure!   A Tale of Suspense, of Mystery, and of Grand Adventure! Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 1:14 pm

Okay, so it's not all that, now. The title was meant to catch your eye. Haha, tricky, ain't I?

First of all, some of you are wondering "Zion, where ya been? Haven't seen ya around here for a while!" Well, my Internet connection is a fickle mistress, and constantly likes to slap me across the face. However, this gave me time to write my first chapter. It wasn't easy, I went through a dozen drafts before I found one I didn't think was total crap. Even still, I can only hope others will like it.

I still have zero art for my characters, so I took things into my own hands. No, I didn't attempt to draw them. Good Heavens, I'd never put you through that kind of torture! Anyone familiar with the site Gaia Online will probably know there's a tool on the Internet used to make "dream/goal avatars" for it. As reluctant as I was, I was forced to use this to give my readers at least a basic idea of what my characters look like, since I suck at descriptions.

Here's the ones for the few characters that have appeared in the first chapter. Their names, if they aren't posted here, will be revealed soon, probably in the next installment.
Zion Atriedes
Cephas
Othem
The Fairy in Zion's Dream
The Dark Figure

I'll hopefully get some art soon, I'll check with certain people I know. More characters will appear later, and more will be revealed about the ones that have appeared.

Anyways, the link to my first chapter is here:
http://zion-atriedes.deviantart.com/art/Chapter-1-The-Tribesmen-84940281

Last edited by ZionAtriedes on Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Suspense, of Mystery, and of Grand Adventure!   A Tale of Suspense, of Mystery, and of Grand Adventure! Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 5:43 pm

I'd like to add that my next chapter may be a while from now. I've accidentally re-ignited my Star Wars: Empire at War addiction, and I'm also working on my various explanations for Felaryan phenomena and "magic". I'll try to write it soon, though.

As the series progresses, it may seem at times like an anime/manga; at other times, like a novel; or a play; or a comedy; and sometimes like a comic book. If this happens, then my intended effect is working.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Suspense, of Mystery, and of Grand Adventure!   A Tale of Suspense, of Mystery, and of Grand Adventure! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 12:08 am

..Chapter 2 is up. Don't go leaping off in joy, now.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Suspense, of Mystery, and of Grand Adventure!   A Tale of Suspense, of Mystery, and of Grand Adventure! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 10:54 am

Chapter 3 was added a few days ago, I think it's a lot better than 2, because it wasn't so rushed. Also, in my DA gallery, I have a pic drawn by a friend of what Zion looks like. I'll upload one of Cephas, Othem, and Emmis soon.

I'm working on Chapter 4.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Suspense, of Mystery, and of Grand Adventure!   A Tale of Suspense, of Mystery, and of Grand Adventure! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 6:58 pm

I'm sort of necroing this old thread to announce that my long-overdue Chapter 8 is up!

I'll be posting the skits I promised sometime this weekend, and maybe even get some character art.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Suspense, of Mystery, and of Grand Adventure!   A Tale of Suspense, of Mystery, and of Grand Adventure! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Tale of Suspense, of Mystery, and of Grand Adventure!
Page 1 of 1