Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Not for the squeamish

Go down 
+3
Malahite
/Fish/
darkshot2600
7 posters
AuthorMessage
darkshot2600
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
darkshot2600

Not for the squeamish Empty
PostSubject: Not for the squeamish   Not for the squeamish Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 5:20 pm

Not sure how many of you know the horror that is the Dermatobia hominis, but here is is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23eimVLAQ2c

I have seen a lot of odd things, but this just freaks me right the F*** out.

Also look up the Naegleria fowleri for more horror stories.
Back to top Go down
http://darkshot2600.deviantart.com/
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Not for the squeamish   Not for the squeamish Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 5:29 pm

"It must feel good to get those out."
Indeed.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Not for the squeamish   Not for the squeamish Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 5:32 pm

Watched a bunch of parasite videos this year in both my Science Classes.

They're nothing compared to Loa Loa (Which can be seen sometimes crawling across the surface of the eye, if I'm not confusing the parasite).
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Not for the squeamish   Not for the squeamish Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 5:34 pm

When it comes to parasites, ignorance truly is bliss.
Back to top Go down
darkshot2600
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
darkshot2600

PostSubject: Re: Not for the squeamish   Not for the squeamish Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 5:40 pm

Yah. Just took a look at the Loa Loa. That is pretty freaky, but at least it can be diagnosed quickly.

While the Bot Fly Larva can't kill you, doctors will usually dole out antibiotics and pain killers for weeks before they figure it out. (Requires multiple visits.) Bot Fly Larva can also get into eyes as well.

Just see this link for some stories.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Not for the squeamish   Not for the squeamish Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 5:41 pm

/Fish/ wrote:
When it comes to parasites, ignorance truly is bliss.
It gets better.

You see, there's this thing called the 'Willy' fish, about as thick as a Pencil, and it's known to swim up any orifice it comes across, release some spines, and start sucking blood. Guess what it swam into to get its name?
Back to top Go down
darkshot2600
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
darkshot2600

PostSubject: Re: Not for the squeamish   Not for the squeamish Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 5:46 pm

I've heard of those "Willy fish". Thing is, they'll only do that if you "release your human waste" in the water. Take your childhood lessons about peeing in the pool to heart when you visit tropical forests.
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: Not for the squeamish   Not for the squeamish Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 6:25 pm

0_o This thread is... disturbing... Suspect Shocked
Back to top Go down
darkshot2600
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
darkshot2600

PostSubject: Re: Not for the squeamish   Not for the squeamish Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 6:34 pm

Found some more information on the Naegleria fowleri. It wants to eat you brain meats!

Last edited by darkshot2600 on Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : punctuation)
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Not for the squeamish   Not for the squeamish Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 6:42 pm

Great. When you mentioned the eye-parasites, I rubbed my eyes. When you mention brain-eating parasites, I get a headache. Thank you. I'm leaving to get some ibuprofin now.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Not for the squeamish   Not for the squeamish Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 6:44 pm

/Fish/ wrote:
Great. When you mentioned the eye-parasites, I rubbed my eyes.
You can FEEL 'em crawl across your eyes.
Back to top Go down
darkshot2600
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
darkshot2600

PostSubject: Re: Not for the squeamish   Not for the squeamish Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 7:05 pm

/Fish/ wrote:
Great. When you mentioned the eye-parasites, I rubbed my eyes. When you mention brain-eating parasites, I get a headache. Thank you. I'm leaving to get some ibuprofin now.

HE HAS SYMPTOMS OF BOTH! START THE TREATMENTS!
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Not for the squeamish   Not for the squeamish Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 7:08 pm

That is unnecessary. I'm perfectly fi- oh wait. I can feel them. Getitoutgetitoutgetitout!
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Not for the squeamish   Not for the squeamish Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 12:04 am

And this is why I never travel.
Back to top Go down
Tora
Helpless prey
Tora

PostSubject: Re: Not for the squeamish   Not for the squeamish Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 1:07 am

Geh.....gross.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.tora044.deviantart.com
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

PostSubject: Re: Not for the squeamish   Not for the squeamish Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 5:35 am

I wonder what the Felaryan equivalent of these creatures would be like?
Back to top Go down
http://haar.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Not for the squeamish   Not for the squeamish Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 6:00 am

Haar wrote:
I wonder what the Felaryan equivalent of these creatures would be like?

For humans I'd assume they're among the same, though the vitality-improving nature allows one to live longer with such 'mundane' specimens.

For Predators, I'm guessing it's the same as well, just in much, MUCH larger quantities. Or maybe they work as some sort of Intermediary Host in some instances [Slug Girls with FLukes, for instance].
Back to top Go down
darkshot2600
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
darkshot2600

PostSubject: Re: Not for the squeamish   Not for the squeamish Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 8:26 am

The Dermatobia hominis would probably thrive in Felarya considering the large number of humans and humanoid creatures living in or near warm jungles and forests. The Naegleria fowleri would also most likely flourish in Felarya. Being able to grow in warm, stagnant, fresh water, they could have large numbers in swamps, wetlands, or hot springs. Even if nothing goes swimming, they'll feed off of algae. Whether even a predator could be affected by this would probably depend on how deep the water is, as they enter through the nose, underwater.

Of course, who knows what in Felarya might eat these things. Felarya seems unaffected by the introduction of non-native species so they'd probably find a niche to fall into without having a giant population growth. As for the healing nature of Felarya's soil, the constant healing may suffocate the Bot Fly larvae and allow someone to live with a single Naegleria fowleri in their brain. Of course, if you have one of these in your brain, you may just go crazy from the advanced symptoms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not for the squeamish   Not for the squeamish Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not for the squeamish
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: General forums :: Off topic discussion-
Jump to: