Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Great Unknown.

Go down 
+10
Rythmear
mikeimp
Wario-Man
Raetsu Lord Pichu
Malahite
The Rev
GREGOLE
The Nordic Ninja
lami
Spykeofkonoha
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
The Nordic Ninja
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
The Nordic Ninja

The Great Unknown. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 6:41 pm

Systath chuckled a bit before saying. "Because I enjoy living." He moved his tail a bit more.
Back to top Go down
http://adultswimrules.deviantart.com/
Spykeofkonoha
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Spykeofkonoha

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 6:52 pm

Jim thought about it for a bit, 'Why would he give himself up then give a warning not to eat him? Sounds pretty fishy.' He tried to cross his arms but he noticed it, his arms wouldn't cross. He sighed slightly, 'Figures I'd bee too tired to move a muscle.'

"The only real reason he'd be warning you... would be if he had a self destruct device on him," Jim thought out loud. However, he had only ever heard of those in science fiction films and tv shows; but in this world, who knew what existed.
Back to top Go down
http://Spykeofkonoha.deviantart.com
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 7:30 pm

"More than likely," Ryla nodded, "Yes folks, I've seen Predator too. Buh-bye."
She drew her arm back and swung forward, attempting to hurl the strange purple being as far off as she could.

Last edited by on Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raetsu Lord Pichu
Marauder of the deep jungle
Raetsu Lord Pichu

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 7:40 pm

Danny really wanted too get in this...but his curiosity kept him bound to his position. Just the idea of another person befriending a naga was more than confusing to him. Besides if this guy had a trick up his sleeve then Danny was gonna see what he had in store for Ryla, especially since she was gonna throw him...
Back to top Go down
http://pimpdaddypichu.deviantart.com/
The Nordic Ninja
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
The Nordic Ninja

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 8:05 pm

Systath was thoroughly surprised when he was hurled through the air like a ragdoll. Falling to certain death was not an option for him. He fought against the g-force and slowly unsheathed his blade. He thrusted it downward and caught a branch as he passed over it. The momentum caused him to spin around the branch and fly high into the air. He landed flat on his back onto the branch and got the wind knocked out of him. "Urrgh!", he grunted. He laid there breathing heavily for a moment before turning his head to Ryla and crying, "I didn't have a damn bomb!"
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 8:29 pm

"Then what was your problem?" Ryla called back, visibly annoyed.
Back to top Go down
Spykeofkonoha
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Spykeofkonoha

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 8:43 pm

Jim sat down on the ground, glad a bomb wasn't the case. "Then wait," he stated, "what the hell were you planning on doing to keep yourself alive?!"

(ooc: I suppose at some point I should send some NPCs to feed Ryla huh? *evil laugh*)
Back to top Go down
The Nordic Ninja
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
The Nordic Ninja

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 12:11 pm

Systath could see that Ryla was getting annoyed and was becoming so himself. He pointed to his tail which was now partly dangling over the edge of the branch. "My tail...", he said and flicked it again, "it carries quite the potent poison." He layed his head back and said to himself, "And I'M the unattentive one." He grunted as he weakly moved his hand into a pocket of his body suit and pulled out a syringe. The item might as well have been 600 lbs. as he struggled to lift it. When he finally succeeded he injected its contnets into his neck.
Back to top Go down
Raetsu Lord Pichu
Raetsu Lord Pichu

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 5:21 pm

"Oh I get it now..." Danny said to himself as he crossed his arms in thought "His tail is poisonous so, he coulda used that to beat the naga, Heh heh Ain't I smart, go me!" he chuckled with a wide grin on his face
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 7:07 pm

"Hmmm..." Ryla began pondered. Her stomach contents - or rather lack therof - abruptly shifted.
"Of course..." She looked from Jim to the alien guy, "I'm still hungry..."
Back to top Go down
The Nordic Ninja
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
The Nordic Ninja

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 7:57 pm

Systath heard Ryla and replied, "Err.. what are ya lookin' me for? I thought we already estabished this, tail, poison." He then flashed her a toothy grin. Meanwhile the contents of the syringe were beginning to take affect, he was slowly but surely regaining some strength.
Back to top Go down
Raetsu Lord Pichu
Raetsu Lord Pichu

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 7:59 pm

Danny sneered "Tch jus' like a naga...always thinkin bout somebody to choke down" he mumbled, obviously not knowing that Ryla had nothing to eat before
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 8:17 pm

Ryla looked down to Jim next to her, and jokingly licked her lips.
Back to top Go down
Spykeofkonoha
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Spykeofkonoha

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 9:01 pm

Jim blanched white when he saw her look down at him but caught sight of the joking expression behind her lip smacking. "Oh all right I'll help you look for more food if you just let me rest for a bit!" He nearly fell over chuckling.

"I'm drained," he said wearily, "if I don't rest I run the risk of killing myself."

He cast a glance over to Systath, "What about him," he asked Ryla. "What're you going to do with him?"
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 9:13 pm

Ryla looked up at the sky, noting that the sun was high.

"Meh, past my bed time anyway." she glanced back to the tiny alien who was resting on the branch she had tossed him onto.

"Not sure yet."
She lowered her body closer to the ground, balancing her wieght on her knuckles, almost like a primate.
"Maybe I'll just rip off his tail and eat him..."
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 4:21 pm

It wasn't long after he had turned back from the 'river' before he felt as though someone - or something - was following him. Before he could react, a large form had tackled into his back and torn a large chunk of clay and cloth away. In the same motion, his 'large' form had been tackled to the dirt.

Rolling over to his side, he barely had the time to glimpse and defend himself from his assailant. A Kensha beast. The act of raising his hand alone seemed to shock the creature, and it allowed him time to smack its drooling maw away from him.

The thing was hungry, that much was obvious from the ribs protruding from the side. Wes'li could almost have felt pity for it... if it hadn't just ripped off a portion of his 'back'. Cautiously the beast lowered its head and started sniffing him, growling if he made any sort of movement.

It was, just like Wes'li, less than pleased. It had found a target, isolated, and taken it by surprise. It should have been well fed by now in its mind. Instead, it was left with a lump of clay in its mouth and a good deal more beneath its paws. The thing hesitated a moment longer above the prone body, possibly looking to see if it was a total loss. Then, just as suddenly as it had come, the beast wimpered and slipped into the foilage.

Wes'li lay on the ground a moment longer before he pulled himself up to his feet. The beast seemed to dash in the direction of the earlier ruckus, and Wes'li was in no mood to follow it. He had to repair his form, and odds were that the Kensha beast wouldn't be the only predator to investigate the commotion and its area of origin.

((Sorry for chucking in a Kensha beast, but needed something to justify a post. Also, I thought it was raining in the RP?))
Back to top Go down
Raetsu Lord Pichu
Raetsu Lord Pichu

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 7:47 pm

Danny however was more curious as to why Jim would befriend a naga, let alone be within a few feet of one, so decideing he'd only get his answer by asking he did so "Hey, why're you lettin a naga follow ya 'around, y'know these...things can't be trusted, right?" he asked unaware of the impending dangers that were on their way to the area...

((Was it?, I didn't realize ))
Back to top Go down
Spykeofkonoha
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Spykeofkonoha

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 8:06 pm

(ooc: Heh, Felarya weather, you can never predict it can you? Anyhow, don't worry about the Kensha, I think I can put it to good use.)

Jim could hear Ryla's stomach growling from where he was, it wasn't a very pleasant sound to say the least. He had to figure out something to quell this giant... uh... Snake girl's hunger. Sitting down, he started thinking when he heard a voice call to him from over the bushes.

"Eh," He said crooking his head to the side. "Why wouldn't I make friends with someone who could keep me out of trouble? She isn't half bad looking either," he said with a sly look on his face. "Of course it'd never work out with us."

He heard a noise, it sounded almost like a wolf on steroids attacking something. "Please tell me that was a puppy?"
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 8:16 pm

"Dinner!" Ryla beamed, and she was off like a shot. She sped in the direction of the sound. She carelessly shoved foliage aside and scanned into the jungle, determined to find the source of the sound.
A loud snarl rang in her ears, and she looked up in time to be greeted by a massive set of jaws.

"ACK!" She jumped back, startled. A second later, the massive, wretched form of the animal became visible through the foliage.

Ryla put several more fathoms of distance between herself and the creature as it stepped out. Even though it was less than half her height at the shoulder, its fierce muscle and mad expression made it just as menacing as ever. The reddish black, jackal-like head was held low, in preparation to strike. The six spindley legs supported its otherwise mammalian body as it slowly slinked into view. Another, much lower snarl rang out.

"Y'all might wanna step back a bit," Ryla advised, not taking her eyes off the creature.
Back to top Go down
Spykeofkonoha
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Spykeofkonoha

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 8:30 pm

"Thats no puppy," Jim said as he tried to move back. "Please tell me it's a vegetarian." It was a massive canine-like beast with six legs and a nasty looking disposition. Its low grows and snarls scared Jim half out of his skin.

It looked as if it hadn't had a decent meal in a long time and the look it gave the rag-tag group wasn't one that boded well for them.
Back to top Go down
The Nordic Ninja
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
The Nordic Ninja

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 9:26 pm

As more of his vitality returned he sat up on the branch and turned his attention to the ensuing conflict. "This should be interesting."
Back to top Go down
Raetsu Lord Pichu
Raetsu Lord Pichu

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 7:10 am

"I don' think a beast like that's a vegetarian" Danny said as he jumped back, though he was ready to fight the creature if need be. but giving the canine a second look made him rethink his strategy "By the looks of'em he hasn't eaten in a while, if he gets past snake woman, he wouldn't be TOO much trouble..."
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 9:26 am

((Looks like things are about to seriously heat up, I'd say.))

The starving kensha kept its head low, legs bent somewhat. It was preparing to pounce and rip Ryla's throat right out.
She wasn't about to give it that chance. With a snarl, Ryla lunged, claws outstretched. Simultanously, the kensha charged, and the two collided in an instant.
Ryla clamped her claws over the kensha's neck, gripping into it tightly. Her spines extended, digging into the dirt and anchoring her.
The kensha brought its foreclaws up and gripped Ryla's shoulders, anchoring itself on its four hind legs. Both simultaniously shoved on the other...
.. It was no contest, as the larger and stronger Ryla effortlessly pushed the kensha off of her, inciting a loud thud as it struck the dirt.

Suddenly, a sharp stinging sensation ate at Ryla's wounded shoulders. Its venom, she realized. It kensha hadn't been trying to push her off, it had been trying to find an opening to poison her!
Ryla brought her fists up and pounded them down towards the prone beast. But it was much quicker than its wretched physique suggested. It leaped out of the way as Ryla's fists slammed into the dirt. Seizing the moment, it leaped, ripping its talons into and out of her scalp as it tackled her, landing on her back and anchoring its envenomed claws into her back.

"UUURRGH!!" Ryla snarled, and without missing a beat, she lifted her body off of the ground, raising a normally horiozontal portion of her tail upright. Then, she fell back, carrying the kensha with her.

A colossal tremor was sent across the ground as both Ryla's bulk and the dinosaur-sized kensha simultaniously slammed into it.
The kensha howled in pain and shock, and viciously slashed at Ryla's back, as she rolled off of it.
Ryla rolled over into an upright stance and roared loudly, giving the beast a warning.
But the kensha paid it no heed. It was too famished to think logically. Its digestive juices had already begun to flow, causing even more pain. It WOULD feed today! It gave another loud snarl and crouched for another pounce.
Back to top Go down
Spykeofkonoha
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Spykeofkonoha

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 10:16 am

Jim was shaken off his feet as Rlya came crashing down. The beast had done little other than dig its claws into her but it was enough to drag her down. She came crashing down on the beast and it gave a yelp in pain but it got out from under her with little effort it appeared from Jim's perspective. After all the things that had taken place in the past year, him finding this inhuman power and learning of all the other people with great "gifts" he was going to be food for a six-legged wolf.

"No," he said as he watched the beast prepare to deal a final blow to Ryla.

As the creature brought it's fangs to bare, Jim felt helpless, 'What can I do?' he thought, 'it's too big and I'm too weak.'

It snarled and reeled back it's head to strike. Jim didn't even feel himself move, but somehow he managed to get between Ryla and the wolf-thing. As he came back to his senses he sure enough saw a wound on the beast, a deep cut along the face with a crimson shard left at the end of it. The Kensha reeled back and looked down at the tiny offender.

JIm himself took the little time he had and looked down at hid right arm; there was a large, sword-like crystalline growth literally jutting from his arm. It bled from where it burst from but he wouldn't be able to hold it for long, the tip of the blade was broken, a testament to the waning strength of the crystal's bonds.

"You guys," he called back to Danny and Systath. "I need help!"
Back to top Go down
The Nordic Ninja
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
The Nordic Ninja

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 11:19 am

"I'm on it, Soldier!", Systath replied. He had already come down the tree to get a closer look at the conflict but was now running for his weapons case. His gut told him not to help Jim as he had just shot a crystal spike into Systath's shoulder. But for once he was following his brain, which told him to help. The second he reached the case he swaped his shotgun for his sniper. Using his helmets scanner in conjunction with his sniper scope he managed to pinpoint the deepest part of the cut on the beast's face. "Bullseye.", he said to himself as he fired five rounds into it. The Kensha whimpered a bit from the pain, but that whimper slowly turned into a deep growl as it's gaze imediately turned to the cause. In response Systath gave it a devilish toothly smile and waved. Despite this appearence he still felt drained from the previous events. He wasn't yet back to his full potential.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Great Unknown.
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next