The Great Unknown.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Spykeofkonoha
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:40 pm

Her demeanor had completely changed in Jim's perspective, from the somewhat demented and silly girl she was to that of an enraged animal. He had to admit, this girl was definitely an interesting person. He got down on one knee and braced himself as best he could, "This could be a bumpy ride."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Spykeofkonoha.deviantart.com
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:08 pm

Ryla grinned as the bullets ricochetteed off of her scales. It was like pinpricks against fingernails.
Without missing a beat, she swung her clawed hand downwards, attempting to swat the attacker away, as a cat would a mouse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Nordic Ninja
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:22 pm

Systath saw the ineffectiveness of his guns and grtted his teeth uttering a low growl of anger. "Figures.... again..", he thought. He did a backflip to dodge the swipe then unsheathed his warblade one again. He flicked a switch on the hilt causing the edge of the blade to heat up intensely. Then while her arm was still low enough to the ground he lept up unto it and ran up dragging his burning blade along her skin as he went.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://adultswimrules.deviantart.com/
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:56 pm

"URGH," Ryla snarled as the blade ripped into her flesh, sending a white-hot joilt up pain up her body. She swung her arm to the right, attempting to fling the pest off with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Nordic Ninja
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:06 pm

Systath felt the arm under his feet move. He reacted quickly and was able to save himself by thrusting the blade a few inches into her skin and hanging on for dear life. As he dangled he attempted to swing himself back up so he could continue his ascent.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:16 pm

Ryla cringed as the blade drove into arm. It only furthered her rage, however, and she glared at him with primal fury. As he swung from his anchor point, Ryla ducked, gently letting Jim to the ground, freeing her other hand. As the sassy newcommer reaffirmed his position on her arm, Ryla struck with her other hand, this one aiming to close around his body.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Nordic Ninja
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:26 pm

Syatath regained his footing just as he noticed her newly free hand getting closer. He growled again then sprinted as fast as he could up to her shoulder, jumped into her hair and began climbing as fast as Argenly possible.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:31 pm

Ryla's serpentine reflexes abruptly kicked in and she droped like a rock. Jim was nearly knocked off his feet by the shockwave as Ryla literally slammed the side of her head into the ground and began to violently thrash and roll around on it, struggling to crush the offender.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Nordic Ninja
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:39 pm

Systath struggled to hold on. Luckily he had made it to the top of her head before she began thrashing. He frantically searched for what he was looking for. When he finally found one of them he grinned and let out a triumphant, "AHA!", he then grasped what he had found and squeezed as hard as he could.
Back to top Go down
Spykeofkonoha
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:54 pm

As Ryla thrashed, several times Jim had to dodge from her massive form nearly crushing him. This was made harder by the massive shock waves she sent out in the ground. At least three times he was nearly knocked off his feet by her weight crashing into the earth beneath them. "Whoa!" he yelped as he barely dodged her tree trunk-like tail.

This creature was getting Ryla worked up and more over he was working his way to her head. 'What could he be...,' he thought before he saw Systath squeeze something under her hair.
Back to top Go down
Raetsu Lord Pichu
Marauder of the deep jungle

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:52 pm

Danny jumped as he notices (finally) that Ryla was a naga if not an aquatic one 'A Naga? What the hells a naga doin here?' But before he could even assume a battle ready stance, a shockwave from her fall knocks him clean off his feet and flat on his face "Bleh" he spits out a few blades of grass and a worm it looked like...Whoever this guy was he surely was doin a good job of givin her a run for her money. But there was still the fact that Danny could be flattened under this snake woman so he looks around and takes note of a nearby tree, climbing it to safety seemed like the only thing plausable to do, but Ox Demon's weren't nessicarily skilled in climbing...but he had to give it a shot, if he stayed down here, no doubt he'd be flattened.

So with gusto he latches on to the tree digging his 'clawless' fingers in the trunk and slowly ascends to higher ground, alot more work than he thought but he had alot more energy left to burn so he continued. During his ascent he looks down notices Jim in the same boat he was. Now he wasn't one to get into other folks business but seeing Jim just dodge and weeve that snake womans thrashing was more than enough to qiped his curiosity, he could be doing the same thing Danny was...why was he staying so close to her?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pimpdaddypichu.deviantart.com/
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:08 pm

((I'm gonna admit, I'm a little concerned that he somehow managed to figure out Ryla's biggest weakness with no prior knowledge of her abilities. It's... almost as if he has access to her profile!0_0))

Ryla's thrashing abruptly stopped and her face drained of color. Immediately she dropped to the ground and clutched the ground tightly, her talons digging deep into the earth. She grit her teeth as tears poured from her eyes. She cried out openly.

""AAAGGGHH!!!!! STOP! STOP! SWEET MOTHER OF THE GODS, MAKE IT STOP!!!! I'll do ANYTHING!!"

Her claws raked against the earth as the intense pain wracked her skull as the pest squeezed her antenna.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Nordic Ninja
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:28 pm

((OOC: Well, my character first saw them when he was cloaked and noticed that they looked fragile. He's a savvy fighter and logically deducted that they were probably weaker than her skin or scales. I didn't mean to imply that my char new it would hurt THAT much, just that it would hurt.))

Systath held his grip firm and thought. In the heat of battle he'd almost forgotten why he'd gotten himself into this in the first place, but then it came to him. "Let the boy go!", he cried. "I REALLY don't wanna' keep doing this!" Even though he loved to fight, for some reason he had slowly begun to regret this one ever since he first fired his sniper.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:37 pm

"I'M NOT HOLDING HIM YA BLOODY IDIOT!!!" Ryla screeched so loud the foliage around her shuddered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Nordic Ninja
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:48 pm

Systath was surprised by this remark, "What?!", he yelled. He poked his head out of her hair and looked around, when is eyes caught sight of the boy he shouted, "What in the hell are you still doing here human?!" His mind was in chaotic mix of anger, confusion, and astonishment. While his attention was drawn more to the boy he unknowingly loosened his grip.
Back to top Go down
Spykeofkonoha
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:51 pm

Jim held up a finger, "First of all, you two need to stop calling me 'boy' or 'kid.' Those of us who see war and strife deserve to be called soldiers."

Now holding up two fingers, "And second of all," he held out a hand and like a bolt of lightning, a small pike of crimson crystal shot out. Elongating from his very arm, it aimed for Systath's shoulder. "THAT IS NOT THE WAY YOU TREAT A LADY!"

His face was contorted, his brow furrowed.
Back to top Go down
Raetsu Lord Pichu

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:39 pm

Danny stared wide-eyed at Jim's little 'trick' the fact he could make such a thing come out of his own arm was freaky enough for him...but that still didn't rest the fact of why he was attack the guy who risked his ass to save him 'Why's he stickin up fer that Naga, last I checked those things shouldn't be trusted...' Danny questioned in his head as he slowly slid back to the ground 'and why would he be callin her a lady, those things shouldn't even be thought of as such' Danny didn't like the fact of others sticking their neck out for a creature that only wants to eat others...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pimpdaddypichu.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:37 pm

The Nordic Ninja wrote:
((OOC: He's a savvy fighter and logically deducted that they were probably weaker than her skin or scales.))

((With an Int of 3. Razz Which reminds me again, what was the 'baseline' level in stats?))

The screech Wes'li felt. He could only imagine the pain it might induce at someone ground-zero. Though a thought started to nag in the back of his mind that he may want to contact the strangers, common sense told him he'd just be putting himself in needless danger.

Unfortunately, as he broke from a section of trees, he had to forcefully bring himself to a stop. The normally shallow river had grown quite deep and rapid, and a jump spell would likely end with himself pasted against a tree or buried deep into the mud.

For the first time since he left the town for supplies, he allowed himself to speak. "Feth."

His path was blocked, the way behind him was filled with conflicting habitants, and the path ahead likely filled with curious predators wondering about the commotion. Hesitating for a moment at the river, Wes'li finally muttered his discontent and made his way back into the woods. Better to at least have the cover of tree's than remain in the open for anything hostile to see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Nordic Ninja
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:47 pm

With no time or energy to react Systath was caught in the shoulder by the speeding spike. His grip immediately released. He was flung clean away from Ryla and fell to the ground. He would've been killed if some immense foliage hadn't broken his fall. He landed with a hard thump and soon came to realize that he couldn't get up. He was in too much pain as the shock of hitting the ground was intense. He coughed up some blood and managed to speak, "So, Soldier, you mind telling me why you did that?! When your so called 'Lady' was the one trying to kill you?!"
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:00 pm

Ryla growled under her breath as she rose.
"So I can see you're not the attentive type." She leaned down, glaring at the annoying creature.
"Otherwise you may have overheard the part where I decided not to hurt him."
She turned to Jim and smiled warmly, "Which has just been reinforced tenfold, by the way."
She looked down to the irritating creature and reached a clawed hand for him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Nordic Ninja
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:28 pm

Systath laid his head back and started chuckling. "Heheh... well damn. I guess I owe you an apology then, huh?" he said as he looked up and saw Ryla reaching for him. "Heh... it's your lucky day, I can't move. Consider it as part of my apology." He grinned a little.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:49 pm

Ryla smiled as she picked up the small alien and dangled him in front of her face.
"Consider it accepted."
She slurped her tongue over the strange creature, testing its flavor. A malevolent smile signalled that it was satisfactory, and she opened her mouth to recieve him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Nordic Ninja
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:08 pm

Syatath stared into the gaping maw of the being before him. "I wouldn't do that," he uttered weakly, "if I were you..." With what little strength he had he flicked his pointed tail slightly.
Back to top Go down
Spykeofkonoha
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:09 pm

Jim had smiled up at the Naga, he was glad they came to a mutual understanding. However, just because he had accepted the fact that the giants of this world needed to feed on smaller lifeforms; it didn't mean he didn't he had to like that fact. Still, he watched with wonder until he heard, "I wouldn't do that if I were you..."

Jim angled his head slightly as the creature flicked its tail. "What does he mean," he said softly to himself.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:30 pm

"Do humor me," Ryla paused, "Why wouldn't you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   

Back to top Go down