Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:28 pm

As for other worlds...

Raveolution wrote:
Byston Well / Dunbine territory: Aura Battlers turn the table on Great Preds...

This is far from cut and dry. Aura Battlers are not immediately superior to Giant Predators. If we're talking some of the unique, custom, or limited production models (Dunbine, Billbine, Zwarth, Wryneck, etc.) than I'd agree. Most of the production models... not so much. At best, something like a Gedo or Dana O'Shee will put you on more even footing with a predator, at best. I would still put money on the average pred against anyone in a mass produced Aura Battler who isn't Shou, Marvel, or Todd. The more advanced/powerful production Aura Battlers, like a Virunvee? I like those odds better.

Raveolution wrote:
Faerun: an absolute buffet for Great Preds. Except the Drows. They would give Felaryan preds a workout, but in the end they too would become a delicious part of <name your great pred>'s nutritious breakfast.

... Uh, what? Shocked You are joking, right? Or talking about some other Faerun than the Faerun of the Forgotten Realms? scratch

Raveolution wrote:
Warhammer40K: uh... no.

"No contest". End of story. There are "people" in the 40k universe capable of singlehandedly slaughtering the average giant predator. Many of them would then proceed to eat the predator in question. ... Or do worse things (Damn Slaaneshi) No

Malahite wrote:
dlausactor6373 wrote:
Mobius-Crisis isn't a threat because she's friends with Sonic, but any other pred would prove a challenge.
Sonic canonically moves something like Lightspeed when in Super-Sonic form, and he's also survived re-entry. Sonic realm is just silly. Best bet would be Sega Genesis Era Mobius.

Aside from that, in the later games Sonic isn't the only one with an overpowered "Super" form. Knuckles, Blaze, Shadow, and a couple of others (I think; it's been a while since I stopped caring much about console games). Most non-fairy predators would probably go insane rather quickly on Mobius.

Malahite wrote:
dlausactor6373 wrote:
Midgar-Three words: SEPH-I-ROTH!!!
I was thinking more "Giant food can" than anything else. Sephiroth spent most the time out of Midgar in places like Wutai to be much help here, and ShinRa at the time was led by a horribly incompetent man.

I was thinking more "Knights of Round", myself. Felarya vs. pretty much any Final Fantasy world will go badly for the Felaryans sooner or later. There is just too much stuff going on at an epic level, and most Felaryan predators just aren't there.

Malahite wrote:
Pendragon wrote:
Universe of mecha- even the guardians are as good as dead. Since there are mecha capable of defying normal physics, and would do very well in their own world and in Felarya.
Depends on which Mecha universe. Some are horribly incompetent, others actually have some common sense / wanky insta-win(Would Megas XRL technically count as Mecha?)).

Mecha does not equate to an insta-win against giant predators, so I'm in the "Depends on which Mecha universe." camp as well. Some mecha are capable of murdering some giant predators, while others would be useless in the same situation. Felarya vs. Gundam would go great for the Federation, until they finished off all the predators that were vulnerable to "normal" weapons. Then, it's just a matter of time until the Zions get that independance they've been wanting for so long. Laughing

In general, I'd rank most mecha of the "Real Robot" variety slightly lower to slightly above the average pred in power- there's differences in terms of firepower, speed, durability that might tip the balance either way once a Pred's magic (or lack of it) is taken into account. "Super Robots" are a different matter, though (Megas qualifies here).

Any Super Robot worth the name is capable of annihilating the average predator before it even knows what is going on, and even the strongest Predators would (barely) be an even match, at best. Super Robots that are powered by a concept, an unlimited energy source, or piloted by a kid/teenager are matters best left for the Guardians to handle. Gaogaigar, Shin Getta, Mazinkaiser, Voltron, Gurren Lagann, etc. kill giant monsters on a weekly basis.

Special mention goes out to the Super Robot Wars games: In the Original Generation universe, Felarya at least has a slim chance. In the universe of the Alpha games or other main line crossover, Felarya has no chance at all. Even those predators who are immune to non-magical attacks are screwed, because there are several mecha in the SRW universe that are magical in nature; and some that are not of a magical nature, but so powerful that being immune to physical attacks is just irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-quantum-mechanic.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:40 pm

Don't forget that in Gurren one of the battles eventually takes place with Galactic-Scale sized Mechs.

For the sonic: Agreed. In Sonic the Hedgehog (Before charged spin attack even!) sonic could move through about a dozen meters of earth in a single running spin. If allowed to get going he'd just need to roll into a ball whenever a Predator neared and he'd be untouchable by those of more mundane natures.

For Final Fantasy it really depends on the era in some realms. Ivalice at one point had Airships and Rocket / Autocannon Wielding Robots up the wazoo, but as of Vagrant Story and FFT had lost much of it. Similarly, FFVII was a post-apocalyptic realm after AC and it becomes visible when one views how little there is left in terms of military.

Felaryan beings might get some kicks out of Dan Simmons Hyperion realms, provided they arrive in the Hyperion era and not Endymion. Tree Ships would be an absolute awe-inspirer to them, whilst the Ousters would likely
Spoiler:

. Of course, if either side attempted to go bonkers things could get messy very fast. Or if the Technocore takes a less-than-positive interest in Felarya.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:54 pm

Malahite wrote:
Don't forget that in Gurren one of the battles eventually takes place with Galactic-Scale sized Mechs.

Exactly what I was thinking about. This is not uncommon for Super Robot shows, and is in fact fairly standard. Sooner or later, most of them wind up battling on a galactic or universal level. Gurren threw a galaxy like a boomerang at an enemy at one point, IIRC. Shin Getta-1 destroyed and recreated the entire universe. Genesic Gaogaigar crushed an entire dimension (well, an n-dimensional space) with a really big hammer and the power of courage. You have to be on a whole 'nother level to be able to survive stuff like this; Being immune to physical weapons isn't going to help much when someone annihilates the universe/dimension/galaxy you live in... or heaven help you, hits you with it. lol!

Malahite wrote:
For the sonic: Agreed. In Sonic the Hedgehog (Before charged spin attack even!) sonic could move through about a dozen meters of earth in a single running spin. If allowed to get going he'd just need to roll into a ball whenever a Predator neared and he'd be untouchable by those of more mundane natures.

Agreed; at least until he started collecting Chaos Emeralds. Then, even the non-mundane Predators should find somewhere else to be.

Malahite wrote:
For Final Fantasy it really depends on the era in some realms. Ivalice at one point had Airships and Rocket / Autocannon Wielding Robots up the wazoo, but as of Vagrant Story and FFT had lost much of it. Similarly, FFVII was a post-apocalyptic realm after AC and it becomes visible when one views how little there is left in terms of military.

In terms of "conventional" military power, you are absolutely correct. But, let's be honest; In Final Fantasy, the problem is never who has the biggest army around. It's those guys who are capable of mowing down an army like grass. In post-industrial Ivalice (Final Fantasy Tactics), you still have people who are roughly equivalent to an Airship in destructive power... and then there's the epic characters.

I would put either Agrias or Meliadoul on par with the average Felaryan Pred, maybe slightly less powerful or significantly more, depending on her/their equipment and support. But Orlandeau? The only way most predators are going to survive an encounter with him is if he doesn't have a sword in his hand. Even a fairly powerful Predator would be lucky to fight him to a draw, and that's assuming he's using a rusty old sword with no magical properties. If he has a decent weapon, or even worse, an excellent one... you are pretty much going to die unless you are really, truly powerful. We're talking, you'd better be able to honestly say "I classify as an epic-level encounter" here.

FFVII is more or less the same case. Sure, there's hardly a military worth mentioning, but there are people running around who have killed godlike beings, ancient relic weapons, et al. Even without materia, Cloud with nothing more than the Buster Sword/First Tsurugi/Ultima Blade and his Limit Breaks is going to annihilate the average Pred. Yuffie can... well... steal everything a Pred owns.

Okay, so the klepto ninja isn't the best example. But do I really need to mention Barrett's orbital bombardment capability? Sure, it doesn't help on Felarya, but just set foot in Midgard. Go ahead.

Edit: Also, remember that fighting giant monsters is all in a day's work for most Final Fantasy characters. Tifa's contribution to the fight against the Emerald Weapon consisted of punching it... and it took damage. Shocked Somehow, I don't think an 80-foot naga is going to impress her much. Laughing

Malahite wrote:
Felaryan beings might get some kicks out of Dan Simmons Hyperion realms...

Never got around to reading that series. Have heard some pretty good things about it, though. Isn't that the one that has some kind of biomechanical monster called "The Shrike"?
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:50 am

TheQuantumMechanic wrote:
Never got around to reading that series. Have heard some pretty good things about it, though. Isn't that the one that has some kind of biomechanical monster called "The Shrike"?
Yes. Who I should add can walk among the wankiest of anime characters with its time manipulation skills.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:39 am

Malahite wrote:
Yes. Who I should add can walk among the wankiest of anime characters with its time manipulation skills.

Ouch. Yeah, even minor temporal manipulation abilities can make someone incredibly dangerous. If they can actually freely manipulate spacetime, you are pretty much screwed unless you happen to be some kind of higher power.

I remember reading a story back in junior high about a normal guy who had the misfortune to severely piss off a time traveller. Wish I could remember what it was called, or the details, but it was a long time ago. To make a long story short, the time traveller decided to kill this guy every day of his life in some pretty vicious ways... starting from when the poor schmuck was on his deathbed, all the way to when he was born.

Moral of the story: Avoid people/monsters/entities with time-related powers like the plague. It's just not worth the hassle, seriously.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:48 am

DC Universe: I say this because I think it would be pretty interesting to see Felaryans duke it out against the Justice League, especially Batman, and the universe's villians as well. Of course, it would also depend on where the link to both worlds would be located. If the portal was in Metropolis, they would have to worry about Superman and maybe a rogue villian or two to start with. If the portal was in Gotham City, they would have to would about Batman, a couple of his sidekicks probably, and maybe three or four of Batman's foes. If the Felaryans don't decide to rip open Arkham Asylum looking for a meal, that is.

Marvel Universe: Once again because I'd like to see the Felaryans, the heroes, and the villians duke it out. Magneto would probably be intrigued by them because he'd see them as one of the results of mutant evolution, and since he thinks mutants are completely superior to humans, he probably wouldn't lay a finger against them. Unless of course they tried to eat him or any members of his Brotherhood. Then they'd be screwed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:30 am

Jean Grey goes to the Akaptor desert and upper dark Felarya. To take a friggin nap. Her shirt reads, "I dare you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Eadie
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:47 am

Felarya becomes connected to Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time universe and the predators eat everyone.

There is a great celebration by everyone who has read the books. The bastard died rather than finish the series.

I think it would be interesting to see Felarya connect to the Escaflowne anime universe. They use magic mecha and are used to fighting giants and dragons, so they would be more or less on an equal fitting once the weak were weeded out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
S-Guy
Temple scourge
Temple scourge

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:06 am

Nobody's said Half-Life 2? Really? O_o
You've gotta admit it would be hilarious to see a bunch of combine soldiers get eaten up by Nagas.

The combine would just have no chance. Any of the creatures big enough would be able to rip out a strider's brain, and the combine couldn't land a citadel because there is no space around Felarya.

Now...zombies? I doubt zombies would do any better than humans, except they would taste a lot more sour. >_< Antlions are too small to pose a threat to anything, since a single human can take a guard down.

Easy win for Felarya. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:32 am

S-Guy wrote:
Nobody's said Half-Life 2? Really? O_o
You've gotta admit it would be hilarious to see a bunch of combine soldiers get eaten up by Nagas.

The combine would just have no chance. Any of the creatures big enough would be able to rip out a strider's brain, and the combine couldn't land a citadel because there is no space around Felarya.

Now...zombies? I doubt zombies would do any better than humans, except they would taste a lot more sour. >_< Antlions are too small to pose a threat to anything, since a single human can take a guard down.

Easy win for Felarya. cheers

I'll do you one better. Portal. Very Happy

GLaDOS: "Are you trying to escape? Evil laugh Things have changed since you last left the building. What's going on outside will make you wish you were back in here. I have an infinite capacity for knowledge, and even I'm not sure what's going on outside. All I know is that I'm the only thing standing between us and them."

Chell escapes the Aperture facility, only to find herself on Felarya. Possible plot for Portal 2? lol!
Back to top Go down
S-Guy
Temple scourge
Temple scourge

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:44 am

O_O Never thought of that. Great idea. XD

Would be funny to see Chell throwing around portals on Felarya. When she sees a predator, put a portal on the ground, get eaten, put a portal in the predator's stomach. Very Happy

*Gurgle*

Crisis: "But I just ate two minutes ago!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:41 am

S-Guy wrote:
O_O Never thought of that. Great idea. XD

Would be funny to see Chell throwing around portals on Felarya. When she sees a predator, put a portal on the ground, get eaten, put a portal in the predator's stomach. Very Happy

*Gurgle*

Crisis: "But I just ate two minutes ago!"
Great Idea, that solves the problem of "how to stay alive after getting eaten" ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xxamaroqxx.deviantart.com
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:44 am

Comics crossing over is not really the best idea. Especially if there's the misfortune of Marvel Zombies being crossed over.

Think. Super-Powered Zombies with complete access to the whole Multiverse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:20 pm

Especially since the zombie plague in Marvel Zombies apparently trumps the Power Cosmic... considering that a bunch of zombified superheroes with holes through their body and missing limbs were able to eat the freaking Silver Surfer, and then Galactus. Rolling Eyes

... Yeah, not a big fan of Marvel Zombies. No
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:26 pm

TheQuantumMechanic wrote:
... Yeah, not a big fan of Marvel Zombies. No
Marvel Zombies v Army of Darkness was better, in my opinion. Though there was a few good moments (The teleporter from a Paperclip, eating the living planet, etc) in the original.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:00 pm

Hmmm. So I've been looking up fairy magic and it turns out that, at least for fairies, Cyrodiil would be a nightmare.

Fairies can't likely be giants in Cyrodiil because the laws of physics aren't bent over a rail there like they are in Felarya. Thus being the same size as humans, they have to shrink humans to eat them. Fat chance of that - they'd get a few snacks and then the local Mages Guild would slap together 100% resist magic gear for everyone and then it's over. A few military Battlemages launching fireball spells means death for most fairies caught in their path, and storm sprites and canopy fairies could simply be starved for lack of anyone to shrink down...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
S-Guy
Temple scourge
Temple scourge

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:06 pm

If we decided to do DC, it would be interesting to see how Mr. Mx...Mix...Mixel...erm...hold on. study

Mr. Mxyzptlk, would fare in Felarya, given his odd chaotic powers, and special powers to control reality and how it works. Maybe Felarya would suit him just fine. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:05 am

Mr. Mxyzptlk would be absolutely devastating on Felarya. Fairies, who are crazy like him, might like him, or hate him because his game is even more chaotic.

I almost forgot about one particular realm, though.

What would happen if Urotsukidoji / the land of the Overfiend connected to Felarya? Man, I would give a year's pay to see that actually happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beefy
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

Location : In front of my lovely laptop. Where else would I want to be?

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:16 pm

/Fish/ wrote:
My take on 21st Century Earth:

First, cryptozoologists will claim that they were right, regardless of what they've actually been ranting about. Second, the world's nations will all claim territory in Felarya. Third, they will fight over it, even while predators pour into Earth and voraraphiles pour into Felarya. Then, out of the ensuing chaos of what could only be described as World War Vore, a French man will appear who rules the world with his blond-haired, teal-scaled naga companion.

The world has just become a Karbtatorship.
Is this awesome: Y/N?

Whooooo!!! Karbtatorship! Yeah! That's my kind of world! cheers Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:24 pm

I posted it in the Funny Stuff, I shall post it here now:

Dwarf Fortress. Specifically, the Boatmurdered Fortress.

I'm sure even Menyssan would turn around shortly after visiting. For some highlights we have the citizens surviving for at least one year's time off rotten meat at best, psychotic elephant rampages, mass-'suicide' of citizens, newborns that cannot go through the day without beer [Yes, that depressing], occasional raids by Imps and Goblins, workers going insane and streaking throughout town whilst babbling incoherently, eventually flooding the surface around the Fortress with Magma at least once a season...

Oh, and don't even get me started on the Miasma.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goldclaw
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:01 am

hhmmmm i know

HALO 3 because it would be interesting to master chief ending up there. i also think that the covenent would have no chance taking on a naga. (that's what i think anyway)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://daren-blackfang.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:25 am

Goldclaw wrote:
HALO 3 because it would be interesting to master chief ending up there. i also think that the covenent would have no chance taking on a naga. (that's what i think anyway)
Novel or Game? It makes a difference.

In one, a Hunter can be killed by a lone .50cal pistol shot.

In the other, they can survive a couple hundred armor piercing rounds, a several story drop, having several tons of rubble dropped on them from a similar height, and be more pinned than anything else. Then we get into the "20m Vape-Radius" for things like the Wraiths, Needler's being enough to turn someone's inside into what resembles confetti in a single shot, etc.

Then we have the fun from the Flood. Not the best for anyone, really.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goldclaw
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:35 am

im talking about game and yeah the flood would just take complete control (they are such a cheap ass enemy to kill no matter how many you kill another just takes it place.. i mean come on! cant they just stay down like everything else in the universe!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://daren-blackfang.deviantart.com/
Feign
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:30 pm

Y'know, Ithink it would be really great to explore a City of Heroes/Felarya link...

Because I can't possibly think of a video game enemy group that fits more with Felarya than the Devouring Earth... Their ranks are practically crawling with 80+ foot tall elementals. Also, Arachnos would absolutely love the Dridder territories, and they have the portal technology to get there. The Circle of Thorns also have dimensional travel, are always looking for magic relics, and routinely employ succubi (most of which are human-sized though).

Of course, all kinds of metahumans would be trying to help or hinder the villain groups... Though I think they'd all find out the villains are the least of their worries. Evil laugh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
S-Guy
Temple scourge
Temple scourge

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:28 pm

Goldclaw wrote:
im talking about game and yeah the flood would just take complete control (they are such a cheap ass enemy to kill no matter how many you kill another just takes it place.. i mean come on! cant they just stay down like everything else in the universe!)

Yeah, but its quite satisfying to blow them into itty bitty brown chunks with a shotgun. Evil laugh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   

Back to top Go down

Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next