Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Goldclaw
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:28 pm

Quote :
Yeah, but its quite satisfying to blow them into itty bitty brown chunks with a shotgun.

HHHHHHHHEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLL YEAH! AND BLOW THEM UP GREDANDES GALOR!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://daren-blackfang.deviantart.com/
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:05 pm

The Rifts Earth/Palladium Multiverse. It could be somewhat interesting; most Giant Predators would be MDC (Mega Damage Capacity) creatures by default, on par with buildings, giant robots, and heavy battle tanks.

Unfortunately, the power levels in the Rifts universe are pretty freaking high, and powerful magic, well-developed psychic powers, extremely advanced technology, interdimensional creatures (many of whom are also giant-sized and predatory), and MDC weaponry abound. There are handguns that do MDC damage, so a Naga or Harpy that got stuck on Rifts Earth probably wouldn't be shrugging off bullets like they're used to.

And that's not even counting all the power armor and mecha, like full-conversion cyborgs, SAMAS suits, Glitterboy power armor, all those neat Triax toys, and crazy alien stuff like the Splurgoth symbiotes, cyberarmor, and biografts (which basically turn you into a monster yourself).

Beings from either world would probably feel pretty much right at home on the other; once the Felaryan predators got used to not being at the top of the food chain anymore and started choosing their meals more carefully, they would probably adapt fairly well to Rifts Earth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-quantum-mechanic.deviantart.com/
S-Guy
Temple scourge
Temple scourge

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:11 pm

TheQuantumMechanic wrote:
Glitterboy power armor,

*snicker* lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:29 pm

S-Guy wrote:
Glitterboy power armor,

*snicker* lol!

That's a pretty common reaction. However...

People usually don't get to laugh twice. That gun? Fires a cluster of metal rods at supersonic velocities, with enough force that the power armor has to anchor itself to the ground with pylons that shoot out of its feet while firing thrusters... just to not get tossed around by the sonic boom and recoil from firing the gun. Laughing

The word "Overkill" is not found in dictionaries printed on Rifts Earth. lol!
Back to top Go down
Feign
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:29 am

The word "Overkill" is not found in dictionaries printed on Rifts Earth. lol!
Clearly not...

I've heard of the Glitterboy armor before, often in relation to superlatives of badassitude, but never seen the picture of it. I find it funny that the gun needs counter-thrust and ground anchors to keep it from throwing the mech around, but it's anchored to the mech itself with a tiny little coupler on the shoulder and a single hand grip... Neutral

But hey, I guess it's all made of unobtainium, so it's cool. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
S-Guy
Temple scourge
Temple scourge

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:35 am

Railguns forever! I thought there was another weapon that fired chunks similar to the railgun...

That's it! Gauss rifle. I think. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:41 am

Feign wrote:
I've heard of the Glitterboy armor before, often in relation to superlatives of badassitude, but never seen the picture of it. I find it funny that the gun needs counter-thrust and ground anchors to keep it from throwing the mech around, but it's anchored to the mech itself with a tiny little coupler on the shoulder and a single hand grip... Neutral

Most people who really think about it do find that pretty funny. Very Happy One of my friends suggested that if you really wanted to kill something with the Boomgun, all you had to do was turn in the opposite direction and fire it. The recoil tears the entire gun off, launches it at supersonic velocities backwards, and puts a really big hole in whatever it hits. Laughing

Feign wrote:
But hey, I guess it's all made of unobtainium, so it's cool. Razz

Most things in the RIFTS universe are made of some type of unobtainium... and sometimes several. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:08 pm

Beings from either world would probably feel pretty much right at home on the other; once the Felaryan predators got used to not being at the top of the food chain anymore and started choosing their meals more carefully, they would probably adapt fairly well to Rifts Earth.
I could be wrong, but in that universe, wouldn't this mean an almost strictly vegetarian diet? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:52 am

Raveolution wrote:
I could be wrong, but in that universe, wouldn't this mean an almost strictly vegetarian diet? Very Happy

Nope; people on RIFTS Earth still get eaten by giant monsters every day. Smile

It's just that oftentimes, the giant monsters run into someone or several someones who are more than capable of defending themselves and get turned into chunky salsa instead Laughing , so the balance of power is a bit more even...

... Although the word "balance" is something of an oxymoron when mentioned in the same sentence as RIFTS. No
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:16 pm

Raveolution wrote:

Nope; people on RIFTS Earth still get eaten by giant monsters every day. Smile

It's just that oftentimes, the giant monsters run into someone or several someones who are more than capable of defending themselves and get turned into chunky salsa instead Laughing , so the balance of power is a bit more even...

... Although the word "balance" is something of an oxymoron when mentioned in the same sentence as RIFTS. No
Okay, I have read up a little on this universe. One has to wonder if Felaryan magic has any effect on RIFTS psi-magic. That's a really super huge question to answer if these two realms connect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeimp
Hero
Hero

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:25 am

Marvel Zombies enter Felarya. What would happen? We all know that they can take down Galactus, and a certain few survived (Spidey, Wolverine, Hulk, Iron Man, and some other fourth guy), and they got the powers of Gigantis and Silver Surfer (since they all ate Silver Surfer when he came to Earth, signaling the coming of Galactus) Maybe they will even be a match for the Gaurdians as long as they dont eat Felarya first (using one of Galactus's powers to eat worlds)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Michael-son-of-goku.deviantart.com
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:48 pm

mikeimp wrote:
Marvel Zombies enter Felarya. What would happen? We all know that they can take down Galactus, and a certain few survived (Spidey, Wolverine, Hulk, Iron Man, and some other fourth guy), and they got the powers of Gigantis and Silver Surfer (since they all ate Silver Surfer when he came to Earth, signaling the coming of Galactus) Maybe they will even be a match for the Gaurdians as long as they dont eat Felarya first (using one of Galactus's powers to eat worlds)
Marvel zombies would seriously overwhelm Felarya. Fast.

Anyone seen the anime "Devilman"? The part where the fairies get eaten in the beginning? Imagine that world with all its giant monsters and carnivorous plants connecting to Felarya. Would anyone on either side even notice something has changed? "Meet the new beasts, same as the old beasts!" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:41 pm

Devilman eventually leads to Violence Jack. Where the main character can take a stinger missile to the chest and be no worse for the effort, and is not only heavier than a Helicopter can even support in flight, but can then throw it as an oversized explosive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:29 am

As retarded as this idea sounds, I'd actually like to see Felarya preds appear in the world of Neopets O_O Would the Neopets even have a chance to win, considering that most of their weapons suck? I mean, bubble guns and electric zappers?! Those wouldn't be able to take down a single harpy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://0332288.deviantart.com
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:46 pm

Likely, there's apparently some powerful stuff that can sink cities and factions that can build advanced space stations and such (last I looked). Then again, at the same time there's continents that are about as advanced as Britain... around nine hundred years ago.

Nosgoth would be... interesting to see crossed over. Kain would likely piss off Predators to no end by going Mist-form when they reach for him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
11cookeaw1
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:42 pm

halo: that would be interesting. ARRRHHHHH!!! attack of the 80 FOOT FLOOD.

uncyclopedia: that would CHaotic, just imagine it when half the laws of physics don't work or when you have a very annoying narrator. and what about chuck norriss or the result of an eurg and grue CLOOIDEING kabooMM!!!!!!!!!!

super smash brothers brawl: hey imagine a predator getting a FINAL SMASH PLATE. and imagine mr.ressetti "NO resseting!!" hey would just piss everyone off. or imagine the shock of a predator when it's prey gets a final smash plate.

dc universe: with all those superheroes the preds woon't know what hit em!!!

pokemon: "huh why did my pokeball not work" you don't need me to say it.

cartoon network: =confused pedators.

avatar the last air bender: well with anng in the avatar state after a pred almost eating one of his freinds.........

super mario: ivinceabilty stars really change things.

teen titans: screwd pred

a dream world: nuked preds.

runescape: errr.............

justice league unlimeted: dead preds.

transformers: very funny.

the road runner show: ! beep beep.

the tv: !!!!!!

dragonball: boom! bye bye preds.

age mythology the titans expansion: !!!

a computer game wit lots of cheats: !!!

class of the titans: just look it up...

star wars: death star equals boom.

pluto: brrrrr......

spore: uwhat ever you do don't use a monolith on felarya!

portal: !

kung fu panda: it would be funny to see predators getting beat up.

simscity: that would be very funny!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
11cookeaw1
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:36 pm

hey what about ucyclopedia........... that place is messed up and everything there is tottaly exagarated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:26 am

0332288 wrote:
As retarded as this idea sounds, I'd actually like to see Felarya preds appear in the world of Neopets O_O Would the Neopets even have a chance to win, considering that most of their weapons suck? I mean, bubble guns and electric zappers?! Those wouldn't be able to take down a single harpy!
Or worse, if the neopets FAIRIES flew over to Felarya and were befriended by Felaryan fairies. (What are the odds of that?)

The jungle makes people want to swallow smaller animals... see lore #50. This could also apply to Neopets fairies.

Getting eaten by a neopets fairy. Not fun. We're talking glouteux level humiliation here...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:31 pm

Especially if you're the owner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:33 pm

The land of Oz as depicted in the Wicked series of books. I can think of one person the preds would definately have a hard time getting down!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:13 am

I can't help but equate the dimensional gates with stargates... I know they don't work the same way, but a Stargate team wandering into Felarya would be... amusing. (Maybe there is a stargate on Felarya somewhere? Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:26 am

French snack wrote:
I can't help but equate the dimensional gates with stargates... I know they don't work the same way, but a Stargate team wandering into Felarya would be... amusing. (Maybe there is a stargate on Felarya somewhere? Very Happy)
Teal'c could probably stare down Menyssan, and when she lowers her head in intimidation he'd respond with a monotonous "Indeed."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:37 am

But then he'd get eaten, so that wouldn't help him very much. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:52 am

French snack wrote:
But then he'd get eaten, so that wouldn't help him very much. Laughing
And then Men would be possessed by a Goul'd. And Felarya would be SoL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
racemaster7
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: I found my place...   Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:13 am

You know the best place for Felarya to connect to? Magic Mountain, thats where.
Magic Mountain is a dimension created by the imaginations of the entire human race, and it connects every fictional dimension together with portals and wormholes. Not to mention the local inhabitants are extremely interesting themselves: Such as the bomb shaped Bombedires or the long orange Snooks.

Linked with a dimension such as that, literally anything is possible!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://racemaster7.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   

Back to top Go down

Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next