Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you guys know who James Randi is?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
servomoore
Naga food

Do you guys know who James Randi is? Empty
PostSubject: Do you guys know who James Randi is?   Do you guys know who James Randi is? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 10:17 pm

I have a specific bit in the contest entry story, but I just want to know if people would know who James Randi (Or "The Amazing Randi") is. I'd do this as a poll, but I don't like those very much.

I mean no disrespect, since he's not the most well known person these days, and I'm not trying to be pretentious. But I feel this reference I make is just the best possible bit for a a portion of a story.
Back to top Go down
Sephimink|Kyle
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys know who James Randi is?   Do you guys know who James Randi is? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 10:14 am

I don't know him. Sounds familiar, though.
Back to top Go down
Sean W
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Sean W

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys know who James Randi is?   Do you guys know who James Randi is? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 8:49 pm

I know of him. My friends love him since he's one of the most famous skeptics alive today. He's called bullshit on people like Sylvia Browne, Jon Edwards, and any other bunch of people who claim to be psychic or communicate with the dead. One thing he used to do was offer one million dollars for anyone that could prove they were the real deal. The psychics were getting piss-piss about it though so he had to stop.

Another thing to note is that he used to be a magician.

That's all I can remember on the fly. Hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
http://hey-its-its-sean.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys know who James Randi is?   Do you guys know who James Randi is? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you guys know who James Randi is?
Page 1 of 1