Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Adventures of Amy and Ruby

Go down 
+2
S-Guy
Tankmasterxyz
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tankmasterxyz
Marauder of the deep jungle
Tankmasterxyz

Adventures of Amy and Ruby Empty
PostSubject: Adventures of Amy and Ruby   Adventures of Amy and Ruby Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 9:57 pm

This idea is still a work in progress but I felt that I should share it and see what everyone thinks.
I was watching animal planet the other day and they were talking about releasing and extinct animal back into the wild thats when it hit me what if there was a research facility on another world that had one specimen of a rare race and was trying to find a place for it to go to and eventually ended them up in Felarya because of all the abundant variety of races. Thats when i came up with The adventures of Amy (field researcher) and Ruby (rare specimen).
I was a little conflicted about what ruby should be at first she was going to be a Naga but lets face it there are already alot of Naga characters out there. and it could't be anything supernatural so angels and sucubi were out of the question. It eventually came down to Centaures, Harpies, and sphinxes, I wanted to think of something that would make Ruby stand out from the rest of her Race in both looks and abilities. What I eventually came up with was the Phoenix Harpie. Im also having trouble thinking of a name for the world that Ruby and Amy come from, Not so much the research facility which will be called the aviary sence it specializes in Harpies.

Ruby:
Ruby is a 59 year old Phoenix Harpie that stands at roughly 70 feet. Most of her feathers are red, She has three long feathers that extend down her back the two on the outside being red and the one in the middle being yellow, she also has four really long tail feathers also being that the two on the outside are red and the two in the middle are yellow In general she is a ver beautiful Harpie. Like the legendary Phoenix Ruby can set her feathers on fire if she wishes useing it as a powerful defence. another legend that ruby has in common with the phoenix is her tears have powerful healing properties.
It is unknown if ruby will die then be reborn in her own ashes or not sence it has not happened yet. Ruby has lived in the Giant Dome research lab known as the Aviary sence she was little she can't really remember where she came from and so does anyone else. Ruby is hands down the biggest harpie in the aviary sence all the other Harpies are roughly the size of a humans. Ruby is mostly restricted to staying on the ground in the Aviary because of her size sence the facility was designed for smaller harpies, This makes ruby very restless as she loves flying but just can't do it well in her confined space, this often causes her to loose her temper often trying to break out of her home. when this happens it seems that the only person who is able to calm her down is Amy. For some unknown reason Ruby instanly took a liking to Amy when they meet, Some people think it's because they both are a bit unusual sence Amy's natural hair color is blue. Ruby loves hearing stories from Amy about the outside world and her adventures. overal Ruby is a kind harted person who loves nothing more then to have fun. As for harpie language Ruby will talk like a normal Harpie when around other Harpies but will talk normally around other races.
In Felarya Ruby is a bit obliviouse about her surrondings thinking just because of her size that nothing can hurt her. this often gets her in alot of trouble. Sence coming to Felarya Ruby has started eating humans and other races able to fit in her mouth which she enjoyes a great deal. She often askes how amy feels about it but she doesn't seem to mind.

Amy:
Amy is a 24 year old Human female. One unusual thing about her is that her natural hair color is blue, she says it is from a family curse that happens every other generation where their hair is a wierd color. Amy normally wears what you would expect a norml feild researcher to wear boots, kaki pants, ect. Amy loves Alchohol and is often seen drinking from a flask she keeps in her pocket. Amy is sort of a seriouse person that loves going on adventuers and finding new things she is often seen taking pictures and writing in her Journal. Sence Amy seems to be the only one who can calm Ruby down when she is having one of her tantrums Amy has to stay at the aviary at all times, this has made her feel alot like Ruby at times simply wanting to leave. This is when Amy decides to try and convince the directors of the aviary to let Ruby go to another world where there might be more of her kind. the Directors agreed on the condition that she found proof that there where other harpies like Ruby on what ever world she came across after about two years of searching through different data files Amy came across Felarya. Felarya had more races then anywhere else Amy had looked so surly if there were more Harpies out there like Ruby they would be here. Sence there was no real evidence that there were harpies like Ruby on Felarya Amy did what any other desperat person would do she lied.
In Felarya Amy caries a large amount of servival gear from night vision goggles to bug spray. Amy isn't really defensless in Felarya either as she carys around a Grenade launcher of her own designe capable of firing none lethal mace grenades that cover it's target with a thick foam temporarily blinding its target long enough for Amy to at least find a hiding spot. The Mace grenades will often drive off dumber predators, While when used on a smarter ones like a Naga it normaly ends with one very angry Naga.

Like I said it is still a work in progress I would just like to know what everyone thinks.
Back to top Go down
http://tankmasterxyz.deviantart.com/
S-Guy
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
S-Guy

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of Amy and Ruby   Adventures of Amy and Ruby Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 11:25 pm

I like it, but the thought of a data file on Felarya seems a little bit odd. Maybe a rumor, followed by a bit of research, then finding a few people telling tales about it...or something. I dunno, I'm not that great with stories. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of Amy and Ruby   Adventures of Amy and Ruby Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 1:49 am

I like these profiles Smile
I am looking forward to read the story ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Feign
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of Amy and Ruby   Adventures of Amy and Ruby Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 5:04 am

Hmm, nice ideas. I too look forward to seeing how this shapes into story form.
Back to top Go down
Tankmasterxyz
Tankmasterxyz

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of Amy and Ruby   Adventures of Amy and Ruby Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 8:07 am

S-Guy wrote:
I like it, but the thought of a data file on Felarya seems a little bit odd. Maybe a rumor, followed by a bit of research, then finding a few people telling tales about it...or something. I dunno, I'm not that great with stories. Embarassed

It's not really a complete data file It leaves alot of stuff out.

By the way this brings up something that has been bothering me for awhile, If all Harpies are Female then how do they breed? Do they just do it with another race or what?
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of Amy and Ruby   Adventures of Amy and Ruby Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 8:31 am

Interesting characters Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of Amy and Ruby   Adventures of Amy and Ruby Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 8:42 am

I like these characters. I also like the idea of the non-lethal weaponry. Smile

Last edited by /Fish/ on Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of Amy and Ruby   Adventures of Amy and Ruby Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 8:49 am

Tankmasterxyz wrote:

By the way this brings up something that has been bothering me for awhile, If all Harpies are Female then how do they breed? Do they just do it with another race or what?

They do it with the males of the other species Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tankmasterxyz
Tankmasterxyz

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of Amy and Ruby   Adventures of Amy and Ruby Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 8:58 am

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
Tankmasterxyz wrote:

They do it with the males of the other species Very Happy

I see thank you. Smile
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of Amy and Ruby   Adventures of Amy and Ruby Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 10:39 am

Karbo states that Razz
Back to top Go down
Tankmasterxyz
Tankmasterxyz

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of Amy and Ruby   Adventures of Amy and Ruby Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:43 pm

Well this took longer then I thought it would. I honestly rethought the story like three times befor I found a way that I really liked it. A few thing's have changed from the original discription for instance Amy is now a neko with white and black hair other then that her discription is the same. as for Ruby she is still the same but I am not going to call her a pheonix harpy, I found out not too long ago that some one had already came up with a Pheonix harpy so I am just going to label Ruby as unkown. either way here is the first chapter of Amy and Ruby's adventure.

http://tankmasterxyz.deviantart.com/art/Adventures-of-Amy-and-Ruby-1-99000609
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of Amy and Ruby   Adventures of Amy and Ruby Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adventures of Amy and Ruby
Page 1 of 1