Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Angel Types

Go down 
+17
Anime-Junkie
EliteCreature
spike833
Karbo
Archmage_Bael
zelda31
Jætte_Troll
/Fish/
L'Ryn
asaenvolk
Arcamenel
ericnthered123
vegeta002
TheQuantumMechanic
Haar
gwadahunter2222
Zoekin
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

Angel Types Empty
PostSubject: Angel Types   Angel Types Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 11:09 am

Now I'm not going to get into a metapyshical discussion here but my understanding is that Angels in Felarya are VERY magical beings involved in a higher "realm" but very mortal and prone to giving in to certain temptations-like vore! lol!

I divided angels into two seperate types.

Guardian Angels like my own Markie who are very gentle (while powerful) and are inclinded to carry the weight of the world on their shoulders. They MAY have contact with the Guardians of Felarya.

Then there are Avenging angels. These dispence justice upon "evildoers" and are really better avoided if you can. Krista is one. 'nuff zed! They are also inclinded to give in to vore more often than the Guardian types.

Well-that's my two cents worth. What do you think?

(I'd love to write a short story about the Angel of Death coming to Felarya. She'd be a busy girl! "I can't keep up with all the work! That Crisis!......)
Back to top Go down
http://tanyastoviaka.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Angel Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 5:16 pm

It's interesting and at the same time classical.

I explain in what condition a guardian angels can appear and act, does they choose the humans they protect Question
And what about their personality, did they choose to become guardian or not Question

And the avenging type need some depth too.

This to type look more a job than a specie.

If we look the succubus, they have some specificity, fire, frost and silver.

Quote :
They MAY have contact with the Guardians of Felarya.
I don't think it's a good idea to emphize this side Sad

In general the demon and the angel are always shown as powerfull creature, everything gravitate around them.

In my opinion the heaven and the hell it's like two people who play chess.
One play the black the other the white.

Around them, there is the public formed from the simple watcher to the greatest fan(the mortals). In addition there are other players who looks the match and waiting their turn (other deity or powerfull beings).

And in the end we have the judges (we can find the guardians among them but they are not alone), people who knows the rules and watch if they are respected by the players and they can decide to stop or continue the game.

No matter who will win or loose, there is always another match, why the looser want his revenge and other player wants to defy the winners.

Angels and demons are known to be good player of chess but it's not their only quality.

If we need to define angels and demons in Felarya we should to go more deeper that the classical vision we know.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

Angel Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 7:20 pm

All good points.

It's interesting that angels seem to be grouped by job rather than type as are demons.
(Fire Angels, Ice Angels, Storm Angels, Even Water Angels. The possibilities really grab my attention!)

As far as I know there ARE certain types of angels. Cerubs, Seraphirim, ArchAngels etc

I really meant only that being so powerful in their own right-angels may work with or against the Guardians from time to time or maybe just be aware of their presence.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Angel Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 8:19 pm

Zoekin wrote:
All good points.

It's interesting that angels seem to be grouped by job rather than type as are demons.
(Fire Angels, Ice Angels, Storm Angels, Even Water Angels. The possibilities really grab my attention!)

As far as I know there ARE certain types of angels. Cerubs, Seraphirim, ArchAngels etc

We need to give them more depth, create a fire, a ice or a silver angel because there is a fire, frost and silver succubis is not a good idea.

Cerubs,Seraphirim and etc...

Let's give them their own elements to make them more original, like lightening or wind by example.

I'm not good with angel, I can have crazy ideas for demons or succubis but angel it's very hard. Sad

The only idea I have it's a kind of angel race which feeds on darkness energy to create light. So they chase darkness elemental, demons, and sometimes to feed from their darkness.
What do you think it can be interesting Very Happy

They generate light by using darkness it can explain why they chase evil beings Laughing

Zoekin wrote:
I really meant only that being so powerful in their own right-angels may work with or against the Guardians from time to time or maybe just be aware of their presence.

Some of them can be aware of their presence but not all of them, maybe the high ranked Very Happy

But it's not a necessity to focuse about that in my opinion we know this kind of things may happen, but it can makes them feel unbalanced or classicals. We'd better avoid the Guardians for the moment. Wink
Back to top Go down
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

Angel Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 11:49 pm

Sounds like a challenge!

Storm Angels-using the fury of the elements to punsih evildoers.

Temple Angels-beings who are bound to one spot (a temple of course) and instructed to give shelter and aid to all good creatures

Shinigami-"These are fun! Gather souls from the dead to take to the next stage!

I'll think about this.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Angel Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 6:31 am

Interesting idea Very Happy
I would prefer the part to deal as evildoers like more a job, like Menyssan deal with the damned soul it's a job for her.

By example the type of angels who feed on the darkness energy from creature to generate light, work as an avenging angels just because they are very voracious.
And you can be sure she won't succeed in her job Laughing
Back to top Go down
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

Angel Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 3:26 pm

What about the more bureaucratic side of Heaven? You know, the angels who take care of the paperwork.

Adira (Bureaucratic Angel): Yeah! You guys always forget about us! It's always: 'Ooh, look at the mighty protector Angel' or 'Wow, have you seen the smiting Angel?' But you guys never think about the Angels behind the scenes! We're the ones who make the universes run properly! If it weren't for us, everything would be chaos! But do we ever get any thanks? Any recognition? NO! I put in 24 hour days every day, and I never get a word of thanks! I keep things like this *Pulls out Zoekin3's file and erases the 'Race' and 'Gender' column, replacing them with 'Dridder' and 'Female' respectively* from happening!
Back to top Go down
http://haar.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Angel Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 3:47 pm

Haar wrote:
What about the more bureaucratic side of Heaven? You know, the angels who take care of the paperwork.

Adira (Bureaucratic Angel): Yeah! You guys always forget about us! It's always: 'Ooh, look at the mighty protector Angel' or 'Wow, have you seen the smiting Angel?' But you guys never think about the Angels behind the scenes! We're the ones who make the universes run properly! If it weren't for us, everything would be chaos! But do we ever get any thanks? Any recognition? NO! I put in 24 hour days every day, and I never get a word of thanks! I keep things like this *Pulls out Zoekin3's file and erases the 'Race' and 'Gender' column, replacing them with 'Dridder' and 'Female' respectively* from happening!
You remember the online comics misfile Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

Angel Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 12:53 pm

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
You remember the online comics misfile Very Happy

Actually, I wasn't thinking about that comic when I wrote that, but yeah, I remember it.
Back to top Go down
http://haar.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Angel Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 12:56 pm

Haar wrote:
Actually, I wasn't thinking about that comic when I wrote that, but yeah, I remember it.

I stopped to read it but I admit the main idea was very interesting, I feel sorry for the poor Ash Laughing
Back to top Go down
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

Angel Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 1:35 pm

From the Hell and Heaven thread:

TheQuantumMechanic wrote:
For instance, when angels are given specific missions that require them to travel to a physical realm, it's likely that the order they belong to would set up some kind of link to transfer enough energy across the planes so that they could maintain their presence there. For anything beyond merely being there, they have to use their own personal power reserves (so in a fight they're limited to their natural power level), but they don't have to worry about the "Felarya Energy Tax" because their Order is "footing the bill". This is where those Bureaucrat Angels come in: "Wait, you need HOW much Holy energy channelled to you?"

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://the-quantum-mechanic.deviantart.com/
vegeta002
Hero
Hero
vegeta002

Angel Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 10:30 am

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
the humans they protect

What about the other races? There are many races that could do with guardian angels as well as Humans.

That said, I prefer the guardian ones over avenger.
Back to top Go down
http://vegeta002.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Angel Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 10:43 am

vegeta002 wrote:

What about the other races? There are many races that could do with guardian angels as well as Humans.

That said, I prefer the guardian ones over avenger.

It's a possibility, a naga may have a guardian angel too Very Happy

But the only question I ask me what happen if a naga who has a guardian angel meet a human who has guardian angel scratch
Back to top Go down
vegeta002
Hero
Hero
vegeta002

Angel Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 10:45 am

Nage eats the human while the angels sit down with a bag of donuts?
Back to top Go down
http://vegeta002.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Angel Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 11:02 am

vegeta002 wrote:
Nage eats the human while the angels sit down with a bag of donuts?
Yeah maybe Smile
Back to top Go down
ericnthered123
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
ericnthered123

Angel Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 9:48 pm

Interesting idea.

I think it would be more like that the Angels have to work there way up or level up to the next level. Gaining power as they went through life. And would choose what type they become.
Back to top Go down
http://ericnthered123.deviantart.com
Arcamenel
Helpless prey

Angel Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 9:56 pm

That whole ranking thing sounds interesting, but I dont think it is a very good idea to create class, upon class, upon class of different angels. The whole reason they are seen as mystical is because we dont know a lot about them. Plus they haven't really shown themselves in Felarya that much.
Back to top Go down
asaenvolk
Marauder of the deep jungle
asaenvolk

Angel Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 9:48 pm

Honestly i really with angels and demons had never been introduced to Felarya, in many ways its supper insensitive to many peoples religions beliefs and not just one level but many of them. Second why would most angels want to eat people, common thats silly. Third if you add them you add good an evil and take out "evolved that way" and thus is an angel can fall from eating people the act becomes evil hence Felarya becomes evil and angels should NOT in any way be befriending Felarya preds. Sorry, putting them in Felarya in the first place was a bad idea.

If you want to compensate for this. Don't have one sorse of angels, have many, just like you could have many hells. This at least mitigats the problem somewhat. Buy extention then there would be huge numbers of angel types just lke their would be demons.
Back to top Go down
http://asaenvolk.deviantart.com/
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

Angel Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 10:14 pm

asaenvolk wrote:
Honestly i really with angels and demons had never been introduced to Felarya, in many ways its supper insensitive to many peoples religions beliefs and not just one level but many of them. Second why would most angels want to eat people, common thats silly. Third if you add them you add good an evil and take out "evolved that way" and thus is an angel can fall from eating people the act becomes evil hence Felarya becomes evil and angels should NOT in any way be befriending Felarya preds. Sorry, putting them in Felarya in the first place was a bad idea.

If you want to compensate for this. Don't have one sorse of angels, have many, just like you could have many hells. This at least mitigats the problem somewhat. Buy extention then there would be huge numbers of angel types just lke their would be demons.

Uhm, do you EVER read the wiki? EVER? Angels and demons are just English phrased concepts of essentially the same forces found in each religion.

They are not Christian Angels. Felarya doesn't go by your rules. They're here, and you just can't change that.

And stop posting in dead threads.
Back to top Go down
asaenvolk
asaenvolk

Angel Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 10:25 pm

was at the top of the pile. and meh, yhea I DO read them.
Back to top Go down
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

Angel Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 10:36 pm

Then you would know they are not the 'christian' angels, right?

I don't see why anyone would get offended, except maybe... you? Are you offended by this or something? Because if you are, you could just ignore it you know.

The comment just came off as you being; 'OMG THIS DOESN'T AGREE WITH MAH BELIEFS!' while trying to not say something so revealing.
Back to top Go down
asaenvolk
asaenvolk

Angel Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 11:30 pm

People get offended all the time, and here ALL the time, its true. Do I get offend when people are jerks here, not usually. Do I get offended when people use angels in a rather inappropriate manner yes, yes I do, do they get used in such a way here yes, yes they do. Saying that they are not Cristian angels, is something of a cop out sense THATS basically where they are from and who uses them in an EXISTING religion. Generally if you put angels in something you are going to default them to a Christian setting unless you take extreme care to make sure they don't come off that way, which hasn't been done.

Still I get attacked for being Cristian all the time, sorry, wow people attacking my faith who would of thought. Honestly I just said I thought it was in bad taste is all, didn't say you couldn't DO it, buy all means you have that right. If some one wants to put angels in their setting and do what you want is your right, but so is it my right to complain about it if I choose to do so. Mind you I try not to raise to much of a fuss here over things, it doesn't help any one generally.

Still this has headed off topic.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

Angel Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 11:39 pm

asaenvolk wrote:
People get offended all the time, and here ALL the time, its true. Do I get offend when people are jerks here, not usually. Do I get offended when people use angels in a rather inappropriate manner yes, yes I do, do they get used in such a way here yes, yes they do. Saying that they are not Cristian angels, is something of a cop out sense THATS basically where they are from and who uses them in an EXISTING religion. Generally if you put angels in something you are going to default them to a Christian setting unless you take extreme care to make sure they don't come off that way, which hasn't been done.

You necromanced this topic without intention of having anything constructive to add. You're bawwing talking about religion. Cut both of those out if you can help it.

Quote :
*Complaining*

Quote :

From the second you brought it back up is when I believe that happened.
Back to top Go down
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

Angel Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 11:42 pm

asaenvolk wrote:

Still I get attacked for being Cristian all the time, sorry, wow people attacking my faith who would of thought. Honestly I just said I thought it was in bad taste is all, didn't say you couldn't DO it, buy all means you have that right. If some one wants to put angels in their setting and do what you want is your right, but so is it my right to complain about it if I choose to do so. Mind you I try not to raise to much of a fuss here over things, it doesn't help any one generally.

You're the one who started this entire thing, remember?

Uhhhh, okay. IGNORE THIS SECTION if you're going to baaaaaawww about them being angels. You're some kind of nut, aren't you?

Jewish people and Islam too also use angels, just with different words (Hebrew and Arabic). So I'm sorry to burst your special Christian bubble. 8D

I can't see where they seem 'Christian' besides the wings. Uh, yeah, wings. GOOD JOB! TTLY CHRISTIAN THAR.

Also, Thor's up there too! HI THOR, I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE CHRISTIAN.

I'm not attacking you for being Christian, I'm attacking you for being an obnoxious prick. I think you're first little post was in bad taste, assuming everyone is a Christian here! Hmph! If you're offended, go ahead and take your offended self somewhere else. Maybe you can complain about dridders?

Basically, you just came on this thread and said; 'Baaaw, I don't liek this, they aren't the special angels like Gabriel'. How about you start defining 'angel' as 'Positive Spiritual Energy Mass in a Semi-Humanoid Shape'.

Oh yah, I'm an Agnostic. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

Angel Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 12:29 am

Lots of cultures have had the concept of the angel and the demon and it is entirely narrow minded and ridiculous to assume them as solely Christian and then take offense. This is Felarya, with abstract manifestations of these creatures in positions we can culturally relate to so as to give and explain the heaven and hell sections of Felarya. There is no Archangel Michael on Felarya - it is entirely separate. It's bizarre you are taking a fantasy world so seriously in relation to the real.

As for types of angels... read this thread... I think the elemental thing should be looked into. But I do think it should be kept separate from Succubi. Not sure how this would work. We have fire, ice, shadow and silver succubi... maybe have water, wind, light and gold angels? (Just a rough idea)
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

Angel Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Types   Angel Types Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Angel Types
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next