Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Genki Naga

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Genki Naga - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genki Naga   Genki Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 7:36 am

[quote="vegeta002"]
Quote :

That part was talking about a power being useless and/or irrelivent if you don't know it exists, I'm not trying to make anything canon. I have seen several shows that use Ki in different ways and know that it varies.

Even if Ki can do all the things you mention, you will still need to know about that ability before you can use it.

This power exist but in different way and can be used in different way so the way your naga uses it, it's very common and generic to other creatures in Felarya can understand it, you shouldn't think other creature won't know this ability because in your homeworld it was rare but in other world like in Felarya it's another question.

To someone like Crisis who doesn't practice martial art or magic it's normal but it's not necessary true for all the predators.

In a world when you meet, fairies demon ore man strange and dangerous creature, do you think this ability is unknow. It's very common.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
vegeta002
Hero
Hero
vegeta002

PostSubject: Re: Genki Naga   Genki Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 7:42 am

[quote="gwadahunter2222"]
vegeta002 wrote:
Quote :

That part was talking about a power being useless and/or irrelivent if you don't know it exists, I'm not trying to make anything canon. I have seen several shows that use Ki in different ways and know that it varies.

Even if Ki can do all the things you mention, you will still need to know about that ability before you can use it.

This power exist but in different way and can be used in different way so the way your naga uses it, it's very common and generic to other creatures in Felarya can understand it, you shouldn't think other creature won't know this ability because in your homeworld it was rare but in other world like in Felarya it's another question.

To someone like Crisis who doesn't practice martial art or magic it's normal but it's not necessary true for all the predators.

In a world when you meet, fairies demon ore man strange and dangerous creature, do you think this ability is unknow. It's very common.

I never said it was unknown there, I never actually compared it to things in Felarya. Though, it was a good point.

Anyway do you think the race itself is ready?
Back to top Go down
http://vegeta002.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Genki Naga   Genki Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 9:09 am

vegeta002 wrote:

Anyway do you think the race itself is ready?

They lack of subtlety in their abilities, they are very common but very powerful, they are very prdictable, they can defeat a Kensha and die from its poison. It would give two possibilities 1)they try to survive as they can in an unpredictable world as Felarya. 2)You make them uber powerful and do many DBZ like situation.
Back to top Go down
vegeta002
Hero
Hero
vegeta002

PostSubject: Re: Genki Naga   Genki Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:39 am

Subtlety? Some people are far from subtle and you don't need to be subtle when you like in a peaceful world (which they do).

Quote :
1)they try to survive as they can in an unpredictable world as Felarya. 2)You make them uber powerful and do many DBZ like situation.

For #1, I have one of them (my character) in Felarya while the rest don't even know about it. As for #2, I am not trying to make them uber powerful, I gave them 2 basic Ki abilities with no confirmed others. I tried to tone them down as much as I can from the Saiyans they were based on, the only other way I can think of to tone them down anymore is to remove their power completely.

I am just trying to make Naga's that are different to the normal ones, besides Ha'dara is in an unstarted RP (called 'First Day') and a short story on DeviantArt, so there is one in Felarya.

Actually, I can think of another way, remove the Ki and give them magic. That would defeat the whole purpose of making them, though.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Genki Naga   Genki Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 1:27 pm

vegeta002 wrote:
Subtlety? Some people are far from subtle and you don't need to be subtle when you like in a peaceful world (which they do).

It's the Subtlety of Felarya, it can look at the first sight a peaceful world but it's not always the case. I don't mean it's war like world but just it can be dangerous if you don't take care. Evil laugh

So if you see someone very peaceful in Felarya in reality it's them the more dangerous, because it can easily kill you.

To the ability you can keep as it was or remove the ability to channel with other energy like the genki dama or flesh it more depending on your character.

Because the concept of the genki dama can be summed as normal energy ball but with more power, it's more a matter of power.

Let's take an example of some skill in DBZ:
The makenko sampo from piccolo, he channels his energy in a piercing ray, it's more developped as a simple blast which focuse on power this skill is very efficient against strong defense.

Kiensan from Krilin, the energy is shape in a circular saw to cut the enemy, he was near to kill Nappa or Freezer with that.

Goku's teleportation, he learn from an alien race to control his energy to teleport himself next to someone he has previously sensed his energy.

Dragon ball was very good until freezer many people use manipulate their ki to a specific use, it was very good but when the story started to focused on the saiyans and becomes a matter of power. The anime lost its charm and many interesting character with a strong potential was neglected and abandonned.

When we look the ability of your naga they use their power in a powerful and destructive blast or increase their strenght I don't think a peaceful race will manipulate the ki in that way. I think they will try to shape their power to a specific use.

By example your naga use their power in the same way of the Kiensan or the Makenko sempo, I would not think they would look so much powerful because they use their power in specific and deadly ability. They can use the genki system to make it more efficient.

Peaceful people don't like to draw the attention, they don't use their power in a destructive way risking to destroy their own house. They develop their ability in a deadly and efficient way and be sure they won't have problem.

Do you see what I mean Very Happy
Back to top Go down
vegeta002
Hero
Hero
vegeta002

PostSubject: Re: Genki Naga   Genki Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:16 pm

I think so. I have a short bit for their weaknesses and relations to the others of their world, the latter would help with how they react to other Felarya races (before learning of their diet).

Last edited by vegeta002 on Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated)
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Genki Naga   Genki Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:53 pm

vegeta002 wrote:
I think so. Right now I am working on a short bit for their weaknesses and relations to the others of their world, the latter would help with how they react to other Felarya races (before learning of their diet).

You are just to say they can shape their energy by example in a circular disc they throw to cut solid things or in a piercing beam able to pierce the physical defense.

I would prefer the Kienzan way because this skill is one of the most famous original skill coming from Dragon Ball Universe.

You can add to increase their ability a genki naga can channel his energy with another genki naga Very Happy

We could see, you based on the Dragon Ball Z, but they are not powerful, they have some weakness like they weak against magic but they developp a dangerous physical ability than the other nagas can't do Wink

So like that your race is ready ;p

What do you think Question
Back to top Go down
vegeta002
Hero
Hero
vegeta002

PostSubject: Re: Genki Naga   Genki Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 5:05 pm

The energy is normally channeled into a blast from the mouth and often used mostly as a distraction or to scare people away, rarely as an actual attack (though it would likely hurt).

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
You can add to increase their ability a genki naga can channel his energy with another genki naga Very Happy

Combine their power, but only with others of their own kind? Like that weapon from Star Trek where several Species 8472 ships fired at one of their own, which then channeled it into a single blast that blew up a planet? Sounds good and cannot be done with just anyone, even better since that can prevent spamming.

Much better, thanks for the help & advice.

On a different note, if this race made it into the wiki (not likely) I wonder if a few others would use it?
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Genki Naga   Genki Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 5:44 pm

vegeta002 wrote:

The energy is normally channeled into a blast from the mouth and often used mostly as a distraction or to scare people away, rarely as an actual attack (though it would likely hurt).
Yes you can but, you should keep the idea of the disk they throw to cut thing because it's not necessary a deadly attack. But it's one the original attack from Dragon Ball was the goal was to cut and not to explode Very Happy

and no problem Razz
Back to top Go down
vegeta002
Hero
Hero
vegeta002

PostSubject: Re: Genki Naga   Genki Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 5:48 pm

Can you look over the race profile? I think I put a couple of new things in since it was last checked (mainly small things).
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Genki Naga   Genki Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 6:11 pm

It's better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
vegeta002
Hero
Hero
vegeta002

PostSubject: Re: Genki Naga   Genki Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 1:44 am

Quote :
One of their racial quirks is an intrest in purple things.

What do you reckon to that part? If your wondering where it came from (seems kinda random doesn't it?) it is because my favourite of the Felarya Naga's has purple skin and eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genki Naga   Genki Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Genki Naga
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2