Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Neko Eating Naga

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jurodan@gmail.com
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

Neko Eating Naga Empty
PostSubject: Neko Eating Naga   Neko Eating Naga Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 10:53 am

Before anything else: there are two stories posted here. The first is the version I entered into Karbo's writing contest, the second is the original draft which I did not enter. Neither is especially long, but combined, they take up a lot of space. The first one is kinder and gentler, the second is darker and edgier. If you only read one, and want to comment only on the one, by all means, please do, but please specify which one you read. Thank you.

Neko Eating Naga

Niya lay silently, resting in the quiet of the open field. It was a beautiful day, the sun shined down on her; its warmth spreading through her. The wind swept through the air, running over her, brushing the soft grass against her skin, tantalizing and teasing her. She smiled and squirmed, purring contentedly in her simple luxuries. If only they could last…
“Are you going to eat me?”
She must have taken the naga by surprise, not having her eyes open, seeming so oblivious to her surroundings. She could feel the naga’s hand hovering over her, just now casting its shadow over her. She propped herself up and finally opened her eyes, looking at the raven haired naga, “Cat got your tongue?” She teased playfully.
The naga looked down at her, befuddled, “No… wait, I mean yes… I am going to eat you. And no cat has my tongue.”
“Ah… that’s sweet.” Niya’s smile grew, and she pushed herself up, finally sitting down in front of the naga, “Aren’t you wondering why I’m sitting in the middle of a field?”
“Um…” The naga blinked, and shook her head. “I think I’m just going to eat you now.” She reached toward Niya and wrapped her hand around the catgirl, lifting her into the air with ease.
Niya’s eyes widened, “Wait, woah!” She laughed as she saw the naga’s mouth open, “I asked for a reason!”
The naga stopped, leaving Niya dangling in the air above her mouth, “Don’t care. I’m hungry and you look delicious.”
“I want to sing for you!” Niya shouted frantically, trying to grasp at the naga’s fingers, trying to find a hold… but suddenly she found a new flat surface beneath her feet and she let herself fall flat on the perplexed naga’s palm.
“You want to sing for me?” The naga’s eyebrow was perked, “What makes you think I want to hear you sing?”
“Well… you’re interested enough that it stopped you from eating me, didn’t it? That’s usually a good sign.” Niya managed a smile despite her pounding heart.
“And, you think that if you sing to me, I won’t eat you?” The naga asked incredulously, barely stifling a laugh.
Niya nodded, “Just set me down and I’ll sing a song so beautiful you won’t even think about eating me.”
“How do I know you aren’t going to just run off?”
Niya looked at her, amused, “Do you really think I could run fast enough to get away?”
The naga frowned, the neko did have a point, “And if I don’t like your song?”
“Then you can eat me.”
“Well… I plan to do that anyway.”
“What’s your name?”
The naga blinked several times, “Um… Gin… what’s yours?”
“You can call me Niya.” The neko chuckled, “You usually don’t learn your lunch’s name, do you?”
“No. Usually, they’re in my stomach by now…” There was an audible rumble from Gin’s stomach and she placed a hand on her freckled tummy.
“Well, I need you to know my name, so you can tell your friends what a great singer I am. This way I won’t have to worry.”
“You’re pretty sure of yourself…” The naga murmured, watching the neko carefully, “even if you sound beautiful, you’re still probably going to wind up in my belly.”
“We’ll see.” Niya beamed, “Can you put me down? I don’t want you to clap with me in your hands.”
Gin stared at her for a moment then shook her head, “Fine.” She lowered her hand and Niya stepped off, “But if you take even so much as three steps from where you are-”
Niya paid her no heed, clearing her throat, and going through her scales, “Do, re, me, fa, sol, la, ti, do…” She took a breath and put her hand on her chest, running through them again before turning around, smiling at the impressed look on Gin’s face, “Are you ready?”
Niya didn’t really wait for an answer, slowly breathing out the first murmurs of her song, the sounds built within her voice, the slow flutter growing more audible, “The dusk that falls, that brushes you away, that sweeps you to the moon, with the stars.
Gin’s eyes widened. She knew this song, she had heard it when she was young… her mother had sung it too her as little girl. A smile crept over her face as she watched the neko sing.
“The skies that hold you, the night that takes you, the light that lifts you, the soft caress of love by moonlight.”
It sounded so sweet; the catgirl was singing it so softly… Gin had never heard such an angelic voice before… and she had met an angel before.
“The moon, hiding from the sun, basking us in its gentle glow, the life that it spreads, the love that it grants.”
Gin blinked… her eyes started to feel heavy, just like they did when her mother had sung it. She blinked again, trying to focus. It was such a wonderful lullaby…
“The stars that shine, their kind little lights, hanging in the sky, waiting for you to swim among them.”
Gin closed her eyes and squeezed them shut before reopening them, she felt… really tired. The world was getting a little hazy around her… it almost felt like it was nighttime. She looked up at the sun and quickly raised her hand above her eyes, the light that slipped between her fingers filtered through in small slits, falling upon the naga.
“The sun calling for its love, chasing it through the sky, while the stars watch on, the eternal chase.”
Gin closed her eyes again, trying again to focus. The world was going spinny… she…

“Ugh….” Gin stirred slowly, drowsily propping herself off and wiping off a bit of spittle. She had fallen asleep? She shook her head, still feeling groggy. The neko had tricked her… she had used a lullaby to get away… Gin placed her hand against her head and almost fell over, pushing against a tree for support. Much to her surprise, the tree bent and she fell onto her side.
“Oh good, you’re awake.” The voice boomed over her and Gin’s eyes shot open, any trace of weariness driven from her mind. Her senses sprang back to her and she found herself sensing the neko girl above her… and around her. Her mouth fell open and she looked up in horror at the neko, now a massive monster, shrouded only by the pointy trees that shot into the sky. Gin’s mouth opened to scream, but no sound above a whisper escaped, and she fell over herself as she tried to move.
“Oh…” Niya’s voice was soft, but happy… far too happy, “don’t worry little naga…”
Gin watched Niya’s hand reach down for her and she finally found her voice, screaming as she fled into the green forest. She had slithered less than a foot before finding herself ducking between the greenery, the paper thin tree she had tried to prop herself up against presenting itself as a blade of grass. She was so stunned that she stopped, unable to so much as struggle as Niya picked her up.
“Aw…” Niya watched the terror in the naga’s eyes as she lifted it to her own, “don’t be afraid Gin, I’m not going to hurt you…”
“What did you do to me?!”
Gin’s voice was shrill with panic, and Niya laughed, “I made you small.”
“How?”
“Simple.” Niya smiled widely, letting one of her canines peak over her lip, “I used faerie magic.”
“B-but how?”
Niya smiled softly and she slowly placed Gin in her free palm, “So, you want to hear my story?” Gin opened her mouth, not knowing what to say, but Niya ran her finger down her back, quieting her, “It all goes back to where I come from really. See, I’m a rosic neko. Have you ever heard of us?”
Gin shook her head, “N-no.”
“Don’t look so panicked.” Niya laughed at Gin’s discomfort, “I’m not going to eat you while I tell you about my life.”
All the color drained from Gin’s face, “And… after?”
Niya smiled, “You see… us rosic nekos, we love singing, and we’re all good at it. In fact…” Niya brought Gin to her face, “when we come of age, we have to go out and find a predator to sing to, and we can’t come back without some sort of prize from a predator.”
Gin gulped, “Am… I your prize?”
Niya pulled away laughing, leaving Gin to cover her ears. Niya stopped, looking down at the naga and stifled any further giggles, “No silly… we’re supposed to bring back a scale or a fin… something a predator could give us. Not a whole naga.”
“oh…”
Gin’s voice was barely above a whisper and Niya gently stroked her back again, “No, no, it’s ok. Don’t be afraid. I’m not finished yet. You see… my village; to the west of it is the fairie kingdom. I didn’t really want to go there though. Sometimes, the fairies are a bit too playful, but I got lost, and turned around, and I didn’t know where I was. And then, I just felt this shadow hanging over me and I knew, I just knew that I was in trouble.”
Niya closed her eyes and shivered, her finger stopped at the swell of Gin’s back for a moment before resuming, “You see, I had seen what fairies do, shrinking people, making themselves huge… I was afraid that I’d be so small, my voice wouldn’t carry, but luckily, that wasn’t the case. When I turned around, I saw a fairy hovering over me, a playful smile on its face. I hadn’t met it, but I don’t think it really mattered because it reached out for me and I couldn’t really stop it. I was too scared. She reached out to grab me and I screamed.”
Niya chuckled, shaking her head, “Years of training? Forgotten in a flash, I was going to be lunch, and I couldn’t help but panic. I screamed so loudly and for so long that I didn’t even realize she had stopped reaching for me. Years of training, voice control, and pitch control all condensed into a single panicked scream. When I finally reopened my eyes, she was in shock, staring at me. I don’t know it just… flowed after that.” Niya smiled to herself, “She gave me a gift to bring back to my tribe, but told me to come back. Lyra, that’s her name, she saw something more in me.”
Niya shook her head, “You see, faeries, all of them, know magic. They can make things grow and shrink, and they have their own internal magic. No one in my tribe is known for magical skill, but Lyra saw it in me. Well… she heard it in me.” Niya smiled, widely, “She told me that my voice is the seat of my magic. Fitting, for someone who spent their entire life training, isn’t it?”
Gin felt Niya’s finger slow to a stop, resting on the top of her tail, where her emerald scales met her body. Gin swallowed the hard knot that formed in her throat, “Y-yeah…”
Niya smiled, “I just finished my story. Don’t you want to know why I told you?”
Gin shook her head, feeling all the color drain from her face, “No…”
“Lyra thinks that my people have a fine tradition, sending out someone who comes of age to test them.” Niya shook her head, “And I just finished training.”
Gin shuddered, eyes wide in fear as she looked at Niya’s toothy grin, “W-what do you need from me?”
Niya shook her head, “I’m afraid a scale won’t do for this test. Lyra wants to see my stomach squirming.”
“No!” Gin’s eyes widened in panic as Niya’s mouth opened, the neko’s hand tipping the shrunken naga into her mouth. Niya opened her mouth, running her tongue over the naga as Gin struggled to find some hold as her tail slipped into the neko’s throat, “No! Please! I’ll never swallow another neko, I swear!”
Niya closed her mouth savoring the naga’s flavor for a moment and then swallowing, tracing her finger along her throat as the bulge slipped further and further towards her stomach. She swallowed again, Gin’s panicked cry growing quieter and quieter until she couldn’t hear it anymore.
Satisfied, Niya lay back down. She could get back to Lyra later. It really was a beautiful day.
Back to top Go down
jurodan@gmail.com
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

Neko Eating Naga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neko Eating Naga   Neko Eating Naga Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 10:54 am

Neko Eating Naga, ALT END

Niya lay silently, resting in the quiet of the open field. It was a beautiful day, the sun shined down on her; it’s warmth spreading through her. The wind swept through the air, running over her, brushing the soft grass against her skin, tantalizing and teasing her. She smiled and squirmed, purring contentedly in her simple luxuries. If only they could last…
“Are you going to eat me?”
She must have taken the naga by surprise, not having her eyes open, seeming so oblivious to her surroundings. She could feel the naga’s hand hovering over her, just now casting it’s shadow over her. She propped herself up and finally opened her eyes, looking at the raven haired naga, “Cat got your tongue?” She teased playfully.
The naga looked down at her confused, “No… wait, I mean yes… I am going to eat you. And no cat has my tongue.”
“Ah… that’s sweet.” Niya’s smile grew, and she pushed herself up, finally sitting down in front of the naga, “Aren’t you wondering why I’m sitting in the middle of a field?”
“Um…” The naga blinked, and shook her head. “I think I’m just going to eat you now.” She reached toward Niya and wrapped her hand around the catgirl, lifting her into the air with ease.
Niya’s eyes widened, “Wait, woah!” She laughed as she saw the naga’s mouth open, “I asked for a reason!”
The naga stopped, leaving Niya dangling in the air above her mouth, “Don’t care. I’m hungry and you look delicious.”
“I want to sing for you!” Niya shouted frantically, trying to grasp at the naga’s fingers, trying to find a hold… but suddenly she found a new flat surface beneath her feet and she let herself fall flat on the perplexed naga’s palm.
“You want to sing for me?” The naga’s eyebrow was perked, “What makes you think I want to hear you sing?”
“Well… you didn’t eat me. That’s usually a good sign.” Niya managed a smile despite her pounding heart.
“And, you think that if you sing to me, I won’t eat you?” The naga asked incredulously, barely stifling a laugh.
Niya nodded, “Just set me down and I’ll sing a song so beautiful you won’t even think about eating me.”
“How do I know you aren’t going to just run off?”
“Do you really think I could run fast enough to get away?”
The naga frowned, the neko did have a point, “And if I don’t like your song?”
“Then you can eat me.”
“Well… I plan to do that anyway.”
“What’s your name?”
The naga blinked several times, “Um… Gin… what’s yours?”
“You can call me Niya.” The neko chuckled, “You usually don’t learn your lunch’s name, do you?”
“No. Usually, they’re in my stomach by now…”
“Well, I need you to know my name, so you can tell your friends what a great singer I am. This way I won’t have to worry.”
“You’re pretty sure of yourself…” The naga murmured, watching the neko carefully, “even if you sound beautiful, you’ll probably still wind up in my stomach.”
“We’ll see.” Niya beamed, “Can you put me down? I don’t want you to clap with me in your hands.”
Gin stared at her for a moment then shook her head, “Fine.” She lowered her hand and Niya stepped off, “But if you take even so much as three steps from where you are-”
Niya paid her no heed, clearing her throat, and going through her scales, “Do, re, me, fa, sol, la, ti, do…” She took a breath and put her hand on her chest, running through them again before turning around, smiling at the impressed look on Gin’s face, “Are you ready?”
Niya didn’t really wait for an answer, slowly breathing out the first murmurs of her song, slowly, the sounds built within her voice, the slow flutter growing more audible, “The dusk that falls, that brushes you away, that sweeps you to the moon, with the stars.
Gin’s eyes widened. She knew this song? She knew this song from her youth. She had heard her mother sing it to her as a little girl. A smile crept over her face as she watched the neko sing.
“The skies that hold you, the night that takes you, the light that holds you, the soft caress of love by moonlight.”
It sounded so sweet, the catgirl was singing it so softly… Gin had never heard such an angelic voice before… and she had met an angel.
“The moon, hiding from the sun, basking us in it’s gentle glow, the life that it spreads, the love that it grants.”
Gin blinked… her eyes started to feel heavy, just like they did when her mother had sung it. She blinked again, trying to focus. It was such a wonderful lullaby…
“The stars that shine, their kind little lights, hanging in the sky, waiting for you to swim among them.”
Gin closed her eyes and squeezed them shut before reopening them, she felt… really tired. The world was getting a little hazy around her… it almost felt like it was nighttime. She looked up at the sun and quickly raised her hand above her eyes, the light that slipped between her fingers filtered through in small slits, falling upon the naga.
“The sun calling for its love, chasing it through the sky, while the stars watch on, the eternal chase.”
Gin closed her eyes again, trying again to focus. The world was going spinny… she…

“Uh….” Gin stired slowly, forcing herself to right herself. She had fallen asleep? The neko had tricked her… she was trying to get away by singing a lullaby. She placed her hand against her head and almost fell over, pushing against a tree for support. Much to her surprise, the tree bent and she fell onto her side.
“Oh good, you’re awake.” The voice boomed over her and Gin’s eyes shot open, any thought of sleep driven from her mind. Her senses were still hazy when she saw the neko hovering over her, a massive monster. Her eyes widened in horror and she fell back over herself, shaking her head in fear. Above her, blades of grass shuddered and swayed, obscuring the neko’s view.
“Come out little naga, I just want to talk to you.”
Gin saw the neko’s eyes pass right by her… she had to run! She had to get away before the catgirl saw her. She couldn’t even imagine what the girl had done to her in her sleep but—
“Gotcha.” Niya picked up the naga dropped her into her palm, a crooked little grin on her lips, “How are you Gin?”
The naga stared open mouthed at the neko, “P-please don’t eat me!” She whimpered, shaking her head frantically, “I’ll let you go, I promise! You’ll never hear from me again!”
Niya looked at her, “You’re joking, right?”
“N-no, I swear!”
Niya threw her head back and laughed, “That’s cute, you’re cute Gin. You’ll let me go…” She shook her head, “Priceless.”
Gin swallowed the hard lump in her throat and smiled, “Y-yeah.”
Niya shook her head, “No, Gin, don’t worry, I’m not going to do anything. I just want to have someone to talk to. I just get lonely sometimes…”
“Oh?” Gin smiled nervously, “W-well you can tell me anything. I promise I’ll listen.”
“I’m sure you will.” Niya chuckled, “I bet you’re wondering how I did all this? Why you went to sleep… why you’re, oh, five inches tall instead of five hundred feet tall?”
Gin laughed nervously, “Um… a little.”
“You can thank the dragonflies.”
“What?”
“The dragonflies. Ya know, those little bugs that zip through the air?” Niya looked at Gin’s complete incomprehension and shrugged, “Well, maybe not. They’re rather small for you.”
Gin swallowed nervously, “Why should I thank dragonflies?”
“Well, if there weren’t dragonflies, I wouldn’t know magic.”
“Dragonflies can cast magic?”
Niya chuckled, waving her free hand at the miniature naga, “No silly, faeries can.”
“Wait… faeries taught you?”
“A faerie. Just one.” Niya beamed, “She’s still my best friend.”
“Why?”
“Well, her name is Lyra, and she was the one I got my memento from so I could become a full fledged member of my tribe.”
“Oh…”
“Don’t worry about that silly, what’s important is that I became friends with her… and she realized that I could cast magic.”
Gin swallowed nervously, “Oh… that… that’s great.” She forced a laugh, and Niya shook her head.
“Really, it’s not just anyone who can cast magic, only special people can. They have to be trained. They have to study hard and learn. But no one would teach me. Even Lyra wouldn’t.” Niya shook her head, “That is, until I saved her from a dragonfly.”
“Dragonflies aren’t scared of faeries. They know how to attack them, when they’re small, they fly at them, and since they’re so fast, they can clip a faeries wings.”
Gin felt a shiver run down her spine as she looked at the smile on the neko’s face. It just seemed so… misplaced for what she was saying.
“And wouldn’t you know it? Lyra got attacked by one. It cut her wing and she was falling, but I caught her. She was small, almost as small as you are now, but that’s not important. What’s important is that her wing was hurt, and she knew she couldn’t cast magic for a while. I asked her if she’d teach me, and she agreed.” Niya say back, laughing, “Oh, I was so happy! She taught me how to make people fall asleep and how to shrink people.”
“Oh…” Gin’s voice was strangled, “Can you make people big again?”
“Oh—” Niya waved off the question, “Silly, why would I want to do that?”
Gin felt her stomach drop, “No reason…”
“Well anyway, Lyra’s wing was all better, but she fell and hurt it again. Actually, I sort of fell and hurt it. That’s when she started training me. And then I fell again when she was almost better, but then, she taught me how to make people shrink and grow, and she was all better.”
The hair stood up on the back of Gin’s neck and she inched herself back on Niya’s hand, “W-what happened to Lyra?”
Niya looked away, “Then my village found out that I knew how to make people small… they weren’t happy…” She shook her head, “They weren’t happy at all. Lyra told them, and they told me to leave.” Niya looked into the distance, “They said, because I knew how to make people small, that I wasn’t allowed to stay any more. That… I was endangering the tribe.” Niya’s voice drifted off and she stared into the distance.
“Lyra didn’t mean to do it. I know she didn’t, but she… she didn’t want me to stay with her. I tried to tell her it was all an accident, that I was sorry for being so clumsy, but she told me that I had to leave too.” Niya shook her head, “And I was alone, and I could hear myself singing at night, and I just knew that I had to find a friend.” She turned back to Gin, “You’ll be my friend, right?”
Gin nodded rapidly; sweat forming on her brow, “Yes! Yes of course I will.”
“Do you still want to eat me?” Niya murmured, her eyes fluttering as she drew nearer to the naga.
“Of course not! I was never… really going to eat you!”
“But you said you were.” Niya’s shoulders fell, “Does that mean you’re lying to me?”
“What? No! No of course not!”
“I think you’re lying to me…” Niya shook her head, “You don’t really want to be my friend.”
“No, I do, I swear!”
“Really?”
“Yes!” Gin shouted in a panic.
Niya leaned back and smiled, “Then… as my friend, could you help me with something?”
“Yes.” Gin nodded quickly, “I’ll help you with anything I can!”
“Oh good.” She lifted the shrunken naga over her open mouth, “I’m feeling rather hungry.”
Niya’s fingers opened up and Gin fell screaming into the catgirl’s mouth.

I hope you enjoyed! If you read both, tell me which one you preferred. My girlfriend was especially fond of the alt. version.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Neko Eating Naga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neko Eating Naga   Neko Eating Naga Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 11:30 am

Wow. Both excellent stories. And quite a subversion to the norm. I like it very much.
Back to top Go down
nightgolem
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
nightgolem

Neko Eating Naga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neko Eating Naga   Neko Eating Naga Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 1:07 pm

that was a really great story! The alternate ending was really interesting~<3
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/lostdemise/
Sponsored content

Neko Eating Naga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neko Eating Naga   Neko Eating Naga Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Neko Eating Naga
Page 1 of 1