Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bear+Chicken

Go down 
+3
lami
Pendragon
Raetsu Lord Pichu
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Raetsu Lord Pichu
Marauder of the deep jungle
Raetsu Lord Pichu

Bear+Chicken Empty
PostSubject: Bear+Chicken   Bear+Chicken Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 10:07 am

Okay since my brain has just given birth to 2 ideas at the same time I'll toss both of'em around

1st off are there any Bear-hybrids, as we all know bears like honey, so maybe they're a lumbering scourage to the recently developed Bee-girls perhaps...

and 2nd Chicken hybrids, a lil more docile than your average harpy (possibly domesticated)...or maybe a Cockatrice (Henatrice?)

Well that's basically all I gotta say, I'll leave the decisions up to you on whether I should give these ideas life or not
Back to top Go down
http://pimpdaddypichu.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Bear+Chicken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bear+Chicken   Bear+Chicken Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 11:46 am

Both ideas are indeed unique. I haven't seen any bear creatures or chicken hybrids lately.

To tell you the truth, though, your topic is misleading. I thought you actually made a Bear-chicken hybrid.
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

Bear+Chicken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bear+Chicken   Bear+Chicken Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 12:27 pm

Pendragon wrote:
Both ideas are indeed unique. I haven't seen any bear creatures or chicken hybrids lately.

To tell you the truth, though, your topic is misleading. I thought you actually made a Bear-chicken hybrid.

bear chicken eh? why not just go full scale and do an owl bear,

not everything has to be a hybrid either though.
Back to top Go down
Ravana3k
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Ravana3k

Bear+Chicken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bear+Chicken   Bear+Chicken Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 2:03 pm

Hmmm a chicken hybrid sounds very strange but cool Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

Bear+Chicken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bear+Chicken   Bear+Chicken Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 4:36 am

I saw the title and laughed. I was like "Bear-Chicken? Lame."
Back to top Go down
nksrocks
nksrocks

Bear+Chicken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bear+Chicken   Bear+Chicken Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 9:16 am

Well for chickens I think we're done, my Razias are actually created by these creatures all melted togheter (for abilities or else) : chickens, moa, kiwi, cheetas... and human, of course... But with some other changes or melting chicken with other creatures something cool could come out for sure

Though, a bear mix-match would be great to see, try putting them into a strange element or change them accordingly to the place they're meant to live, or adapting them better to reach the high hives of the bee anthros... like, let's say, a flying bear XD that would be odd. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://nksrocks.deviantart.com/
Feign
Feign

Bear+Chicken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bear+Chicken   Bear+Chicken Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 2:26 pm

nksrocks wrote:
Well for chickens I think we're done, my Razias are actually created by these creatures all melted togheter (for abilities or else) : chickens, moa, kiwi, cheetas... and human, of course... But with some other changes or melting chicken with other creatures something cool could come out for sure

Though, a bear mix-match would be great to see, try putting them into a strange element or change them accordingly to the place they're meant to live, or adapting them better to reach the high hives of the bee anthros... like, let's say, a flying bear XD that would be odd. Laughing
*wonders if nksrocks has been listening in on his DnD games* One of the encounters in our campaign was a winged dire bear (this campaign=fun with templates!)... The thing was scary to fight.
Back to top Go down
nksrocks
nksrocks

Bear+Chicken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bear+Chicken   Bear+Chicken Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 6:33 am

Feign wrote:
nksrocks wrote:

*wonders if nksrocks has been listening in on his DnD games* One of the encounters in our campaign was a winged dire bear (this campaign=fun with templates!)... The thing was scary to fight.

Never fought that in my D&D game sessions O_o

Our stories were almost all involving demons or mind-flayers and their minions as enemies... =_=
Back to top Go down
http://nksrocks.deviantart.com/
Raetsu Lord Pichu
Raetsu Lord Pichu

Bear+Chicken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bear+Chicken   Bear+Chicken Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 12:35 pm

lol, I completely forgot about this, but I did create the bears database

Name: Kumaouri
Size: 50 ft-60 ft (I fail at mesurments, so anybody whoes willing to give suggestions your welcome to)
Locations: Varires, they move according to where Miax honey is more abundant

Database: A Bear like creature that was recently spotted with in the forest area of Felarya. Kumaouri have a thinner lining of fur than most normal Bears would, this is possibly due to them having shed their extra fur to adapt to Felarya's tempretures, amd they're substantainaly lighter as well (this is so they can sustain flight). Their paws are large, having sharp claws these are very useful for climbing to higher heights, most likely to reach the hives of the Miax. These large paws are also used to ward off rivals, which normally include other Kumaouri but will shift to any other creature he poses a threat to her or her cubs (if she has any with her). However the most interesting fact about these creatures is that they are capable of sustaining flight (or at least are able to glide) Kumaouri's have a thick layer of skin underneath their arms that is able to catch air and keep them aloft, but they generally lose altitude the longer they glide. Kumaouri's can be rather slow (mentally) and lack the intelligence to outsmart say a Fairy, this is why they rely on raw power when hunting, for their IQ doesn't permit them to formulate elaborate hunting strategies. Kumamouri's are relatively diurnal and are active during most of the daytime hours.

As said above Kumaouri's harbour untold amounts of strength, and can make excellent hunters but most of their hunting time is devoted to tracking down Miax Hives and raiding them of their delicious Honey. Infact the Kumaouri's strength maybe be completely dependent on said Honey for it has been observed that those who eat less honey as the rest become signifigantlly weaker, while those who eat a healthy amount are grow stronger. Obviously enough Kumaouri's have developed several evolutionary defenses against the combat heavy Miax. Most of which involves a heightend immunity to their otherwise painful stings (however this isn't saying that they don't suffer from their fair share of pain when entering a hive, fact is if it weren't for these defences a Kumaouri would probably die before it could even get to the hive). When winter draws near, they go on a 'gluttony trip' and pack on alot of weight, after which they'll find a cave (or make a den if need be) and go into hibernation.

There have been sightings of another relative of the Kumaouri, this one is said to live on the frigid peaks of the mountains, and is a little less playful...

Next is the Chicken, which I've been toying with for a while...
Back to top Go down
Raetsu Lord Pichu
Raetsu Lord Pichu

Bear+Chicken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bear+Chicken   Bear+Chicken Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 4:56 pm

Forgive the double post >_>; but...

Name: Abraxasauress
Size: 75 ft
Locations: Deeper Felarya, can be found in sparse population in various tropical locations of Felarya

Database: A mysteriously mutated Henatrice (Female Cockatrice), who seems to have the shape of a woman, the hands, feet, tail and plates of a Stegosaurs, and feathers of a chicken on her breast and the wings on her back. Abraxasauress' are at most rarely seen the only known sightings were traced to Deeper Felarya, but being few ever venture into that territory it wasn't proven until a stray Abraxasauress wandered into a Neko settlement not too far from. Abraxasauress don't seem to really want any trouble but definetely WILL attack and devour their victims at any given moment so it's best advised that you keep your distance from them if you fee that you're in danger. A unique feature about Abraxasauress' is that their tail has the head of a snake on the end, the snake head seems to have a small brain of it's own and shares the same nervous system as the creature, it however cannot swallow prey like it's upper half, and instead will simply bite them or hold them within it's mouth for safe keeping, the snake head also seems double as a warning system literally giving it's host eyes behind her. being they share the same nervous system if it senses danger than she will as well. They are able to sustain flight but choose to be grounded for most of their food there, Abraxasauress' also have the powers of Petrafication and Fire at their disposal, meaning they can turn their eneimes to stone or char them with a well placed Fire breathe. Abraxasauress' have no true enemies or rivals and can be rather agreeable, they have been known to be easily befriended by Nagas and other Henatrices'. They have been known to assist in a Nagas hunt by petrafying their prey and dividing up their winnings...though the taste of a stone prey can take some getting used to on the Nagas part.

Finding a mate, like most females in Felarya, is difficult. And because of this an Abraxasauress can be ready to gestate at any given time or either lay eggs on her own, An Abraxasauress' egg is as large as a car and can weight in at up to 16 tons, and take about 3-6 weeks to hatch during this time the mother will sit on them like a hen and will NOT budge even if she's under attack. the eggs themselves are built tough and have a shell as hard as steel, they are also known to be quite beautiful being shiny and having well place stripes and designs going across them, each egg isn't neccisarily the same color either, one can be red, another can be green another can be purple so on and so forth, what eactly the signifigane is of these colors is currently unknown. When the chicks hatch the mother instantly becomes a protective and attentive to their chicks, checking for any injuries or illness as soon as they hatch. Because the chicks are extremely vulnerable when they're 1st born the mother will keep them safe and warm by sitting on them and after 1 or 2 weeks they will became slightly more capable to ward off small threats. However the chicks are still easy prey for other predators such as Kensha, Nagas and even Harpies. Humans have tried to take a few with them but have always been abruptly stopped by the fury of an over-protective mother. the Chicks mature after 9 months and will venture on ther own afterwards
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bear+Chicken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bear+Chicken   Bear+Chicken Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bear+Chicken
Page 1 of 1