Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Underwater Caves and Passageways.

Go down 
+4
gwadahunter2222
Pendragon
Zoekin
rcs619
8 posters
AuthorMessage
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

Underwater Caves and Passageways. Empty
PostSubject: Underwater Caves and Passageways.   Underwater Caves and Passageways. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 11:21 pm

*An idea thought up seperately by Flarecobra and Myself. Me and Zoekin got to talking about it and we really liked this idea. We thought it was cool...so he told me to post my idea*

=====================================================================
The Underwater Labyrinth

A complex, maze-like, system of massive underwater caves, tunnels and passageways that run under the main continent and connect many of the rivers in Felarya. Mermaids and other water-dwelling creatures use them to travel to different rivers when food becomes scarce in their own river, or to find a mate if no suitable mates were present in their original river.

The tunnels are massive, most can easily accomidate several mermaids swimming side by side, but there are narrower passageways in some areas...the tunnels tend to get narrower in the deeper areas of the maze. Most of the tunnels , especially the deeper ones, are pitch-black, but some are dimly lit in places by bioluminescent creatures that cling to the walls and swim around in the water. Some tunnels, usually the ones connected to the Jewel river, are lit in places by glowing crystals. These crystals have been found in other tunnels not connected to the Jewel river though. Its rumored that some of the more ingenious mermaids have planted the crystals all over to start new crystal colonies in different tunnels.

The tunnel system is its own self contained ecosystem, not unlike the depths of the ocean. Many creatures there have their own form of bioluminescence and are strange and alien in appearance. Its is by no means "safe" for the creatures who decide to use these tunnels. Ancient, deadly, alien-looking creatures stalk the deeper, darker areas of the tunnel system. These monstrosities from Felarya's past will prey on mermaids, eel-girls, or any unfortunate creatures that find their way into the dark depths of the Labyrinth . No one knows exactly how deep these tunnels go and what lives in their deepest, darkest corners...or more likely, no one who has ventured into the eternal blackness of it's depths has lived to tell the tale.

There are several tunnels that are fairly safe and lit relativly well. These are the main tunnels used for inter-river travel, but one wrong turn could easily lead an unfortunate creature to become hopelessly lost...doomed to swim around in the darkness, clawing around in the dark until they find an exit, or run into some of the tunnels' more voracious inhabitants.

There are rumors that the tunnels even connect to some lakes...which may explain how a mermaid could end up in a landlocked lake, or other body of water, and some tunnels are believed to empty into the sea. Most creatures are content to stick to the known "safe" routes between rivers and there really arent too many who are foolish enough to venture off the beaten path on purpose.

>> Well, this is just an idea me and a few friends have been thinking over tonight. I think it has potential. I hope you guys like it ^_^.
Back to top Go down
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

PostSubject: Re: Underwater Caves and Passageways.   Underwater Caves and Passageways. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 12:21 am

A very interesting idea and one I'll certainly use in the future!
Well done!
Back to top Go down
http://tanyastoviaka.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Underwater Caves and Passageways.   Underwater Caves and Passageways. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 2:38 am

Ooh! This sounds like excellent story material! Excellently done if I do say so myself.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Underwater Caves and Passageways.   Underwater Caves and Passageways. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 5:27 am

there is already the underwater Crystal cave, under the jewel river and no one use it
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Underwater Caves and Passageways.   Underwater Caves and Passageways. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 10:52 am

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
there is already the underwater Crystal cave, under the jewel river and no one use it

Yep. But its only connected to the jewel river. Im talking about something much bigger. This cave system runs under the whole continent and connects many rivers, lakes and other bodies of water.
Back to top Go down
Haraotome
Tasty morsel
Haraotome

PostSubject: Re: Underwater Caves and Passageways.   Underwater Caves and Passageways. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 10:58 am

Yeah this is an awsome idea and I just might use it in a future story with Edith. Its like an all you can eat holiday for her. Hehehehe
Back to top Go down
http://haraotome.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Underwater Caves and Passageways.   Underwater Caves and Passageways. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 11:15 am

Its All 19 wrote:

Yep. But its only connected to the jewel river. Im talking about something much bigger. This cave system runs under the whole continent and connects many rivers, lakes and other bodies of water.

Sorry but there are always different underground basement I don't think to connect them all won't be a good idea. I speak for the miratans and the delurans and in additions the unstability of Felarya's ground.

It's the best way to awake a dangerous creature sealed since millenia.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Underwater Caves and Passageways.   Underwater Caves and Passageways. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 12:06 pm

Well it's dangerous, yes but I like the idea Smile

I can imagine a mermaid using normal way through rivers and afluents to navigate, then using these tunnels if in a hurry, but not being overly fond of it ^^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

PostSubject: Re: Underwater Caves and Passageways.   Underwater Caves and Passageways. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 10:59 pm

Karbo wrote:
Well it's dangerous, yes but I like the idea Smile

I can imagine a mermaid using normal way through rivers and afluents to navigate, then using these tunnels if in a hurry, but not being overly fond of it ^^

Wink

I can just imagine a certain mermaid taking refuge inside these tunnels trying to avoid Anko.
Back to top Go down
http://tanyastoviaka.deviantart.com/
ericnthered123
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
ericnthered123

PostSubject: Re: Underwater Caves and Passageways.   Underwater Caves and Passageways. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 8:50 pm

Awesome idea! An excellent way to explain how the water creatures move through Felarya.
Kinda sounds like the tunnels from the star wars movie is that were you got the idea?
Back to top Go down
http://ericnthered123.deviantart.com
S-Guy
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
S-Guy

PostSubject: Re: Underwater Caves and Passageways.   Underwater Caves and Passageways. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 6:44 am

Very interesting! I sense a story possibility---an interesting story to mine out of this would be to write a little backstory on who---or what made the caves, back when those alien looking creatures were the norm. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Underwater Caves and Passageways.   Underwater Caves and Passageways. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Underwater Caves and Passageways.
Page 1 of 1