Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The problem with Numa

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
NovusWolf
Marauder of the deep jungle
NovusWolf

The problem with Numa - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 9:43 am

Darkfire destiny wrote:
Kyrii Shuddered at the though of eating a dead body.

"Fish aren't always available and I don't exactly like the idea of searching for a million berries to fill me. I don't think we should continue this convesation. How's this I willl not eat anyone in front of you or trav. Okay?"

Numa gave out a sigh.

"You've gotta eat somehow. Part of my program doesn't mind you eating things in front of me, but i would recommend not in front of Trav-we might give him ideas." Numa smiled.
Back to top Go down
http://deadplanet.forumotion.net
Darkfire destiny
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Darkfire destiny

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:06 am

Kyrii looked at Trav. She smiled a warm frendly smile. She couldn't hide the hunger from her eye's.

"Thank you for the berries."
Back to top Go down
http://g-cat.deviantart.com/
NovusWolf
NovusWolf

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:11 am

Darkfire destiny wrote:
Kyrii looked at Trav. She smiled a warm frendly smile. She couldn't hide the hunger from her eye's.

"Thank you for the berries."

Numa could smell salt quite close to where they were. She wrote "Maybe there's fish!" towards Kyrii, and then zombie-like, crawled towards the smell.
Back to top Go down
Darkfire destiny
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Darkfire destiny

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:17 am

"Trav Numa smells something. You coming or you wanna wait here?"

She lowered her hand.
Back to top Go down
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

Location : Chances are between someone's esophagus and duodenum

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 7:08 pm

Trav had heard Kyrii’s half of the conversation, and thought he could guess Numa’s half. “Such be the perils o’ befrendin’ the big folk,” Trav whispered to himself. He looked up when Kyrii turned back to him. Her wors were friendly, but he could not mistake the gleam in her eyes. He briefly shuddered, but then steeled himself. Kyrii was making the effort to suppress her predatory urges, he could suppress his urge to run.

“Aye, I could do fer a bit o’ fried fish meself. I’ll go with yeh,” Trav said. As a show of faith and trust, he got on Kyrii’s offered hand. “The river be jus’ ahead, if I not be mistaken.”
Back to top Go down
NovusWolf
NovusWolf

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 11:07 pm

Numa finally arrived at the river. She could smell the sea salt. She crouched by the water and started to drink.
Back to top Go down
Darkfire destiny
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Darkfire destiny

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 7:18 am

Kyrii carried him to the river. She regretted offering her hand, with him so close the urge became worse. She fended it off and gently put him down once they arrived at the river. The water was beautiful. Kyrii placed herself on the edge and prepaired to swipe at any fish that approached.

"How many do we need?"
Back to top Go down
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 7:39 am

Trav didn’t answer immediately, but looked around the river and the banks for any sign of his friend. He sighed when he saw no sign of her.

“As many as it will take to sate yeh ‘unger, Kyrii,” Trav answered. “Mayhap more, so yeh can eat them later on, though I know not ‘ow to carry them.” Trav set his pack down and pulled a long line and hook from it. Cutting off a thin but stout branch from a nearby tree, he tied the line to one end. Digging a moment to find a suitable insect, he put it on the end of the hook and began fishing.

Elsewhere along the river banks, not far from Trav, Numa, and Kyrii there was an iridescent blue feather pinned down by a stone. The stone had several scratches on it.
Back to top Go down
Darkfire destiny
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Darkfire destiny

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 7:45 am

Kyrii waited for the fish to get near enough to the surface and swiped. Water anf fish scattered across the beach. Kyrii blush embarrassed.

"I forgot how big I was. Last time I fished I was normal Neko size."

She started to collect the fish. During her collection she foung a feather pinned under a rock. Around a mouth full of fish Kyrii called.

"Trav, your friend. Her feathers wern't blue were they?"
Back to top Go down
NovusWolf
NovusWolf

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 8:55 am

Darkfire destiny wrote:
Kyrii waited for the fish to get near enough to the surface and swiped. Water anf fish scattered across the beach. Kyrii blush embarrassed.

"I forgot how big I was. Last time I fished I was normal Neko size."

She started to collect the fish. During her collection she foung a feather pinned under a rock. Around a mouth full of fish Kyrii called.

"Trav, your friend. Her feathers wern't blue were they?"

Numa was busy driking when she could smell blood...she wandered towards the scent again and found Kyrii and the blue feather. Recalling something Trav had said, she started to bulldoze the rocks aside.
Back to top Go down
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 7:36 pm

“This be…this be…one o’ ‘er feathers…”Trav stuttered, looking at the feather Kyrii found. Abandoning caution, he ran to the rocks that Numa was clearing. Even as Numa shifted the boulders around him, Trav searched for any sign of his friend. He saw more glints of the iridescent feathers between the large rocks.

Even as Numa shoved aside another bunch of stones, Trav saw her. A harpy had been buried underneath the rubble, her head and one wing was revealed by Numa’s efforts. Her feathers, once a brilliant iridescent blue and sea green, were dirtied and tattered. She had many bruises, and dried blood was caked over several spots on her head and body.

“Larenei!” Trav cried out, running to her head and climbing onto her chin. He put a hand in front of her lips, and held his breath. Faintly, he felt the flowing of air past his fingers. “She breathes. Thank the gods, she still be livin’!” Trav said.

Slightly, Larenei shifted her head and her eyelids fluttered. “Who’s….there…”She whispered. Trav jumped off of her chin and ran to her ear.

“It be Trav. We’ll get yeh out,” Trav said.

“You …can’t help…me…run…don’t let…let them find…you,” Larenei said in a pained, straining voice.

“There be no one ‘ere but me and me friends. They’ll get this rubble off yeh,” Trav said.

“Trav…Thank you,” She said. Unsteadily, she reached up with her uncovered wing to stroke Trav.
Back to top Go down
NovusWolf
NovusWolf

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 11:06 pm

Tuc135 wrote:
“This be…this be…one o’ ‘er feathers…”Trav stuttered, looking at the feather Kyrii found. Abandoning caution, he ran to the rocks that Numa was clearing. Even as Numa shifted the boulders around him, Trav searched for any sign of his friend. He saw more glints of the iridescent feathers between the large rocks.

Even as Numa shoved aside another bunch of stones, Trav saw her. A harpy had been buried underneath the rubble, her head and one wing was revealed by Numa’s efforts. Her feathers, once a brilliant iridescent blue and sea green, were dirtied and tattered. She had many bruises, and dried blood was caked over several spots on her head and body.

“Larenei!” Trav cried out, running to her head and climbing onto her chin. He put a hand in front of her lips, and held his breath. Faintly, he felt the flowing of air past his fingers. “She breathes. Thank the gods, she still be livin’!” Trav said.

Slightly, Larenei shifted her head and her eyelids fluttered. “Who’s….there…”She whispered. Trav jumped off of her chin and ran to her ear.

“It be Trav. We’ll get yeh out,” Trav said.

“You …can’t help…me…run…don’t let…let them find…you,” Larenei said in a pained, straining voice.

“There be no one ‘ere but me and me friends. They’ll get this rubble off yeh,” Trav said.

“Trav…Thank you,” She said. Unsteadily, she reached up with her uncovered wing to stroke Trav.

When Numa finished clearing aside the rubble, she lifted Larenei out and gave her a cuddle.
Back to top Go down
Darkfire destiny
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Darkfire destiny

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 6:53 am

Kyrii, unsure of what to do, set up a soft area out of leaves and grass to make a bed and then grabbed the remaining fish and used a leaf to scoop up water.

"You can set her down here! I have food and water for her!"

Kyrii had little medical training but she new Larenei was in very bad shape.
Back to top Go down
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 7:38 am

Glad as she was to be free of the rubble, Larenei didn’t complain when Numa cuddled her. Truth be told, she rather enjoyed it, though she winced when Numa touched her bruises. And it was a unique experience, to be smaller than someone. Even though Larenei was a harpy, she wasn’t even half the size of Numa.

“I don’t know…who you are…but thank you,” Larenei said to Numa. Her breathing came easier now that she was free of the rubble’s weight. “Thank you too,” She added, turning her head to look at Kyrii. “Please…set me down now,” Larenei said.

Trav, meanwhile, did what he could to help Kyrii make the bed out of grasses and leaves. Though, small as he was, he couldn’t do much, and he kept pausing to look up at Larenei.
Back to top Go down
NovusWolf
NovusWolf

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 7:49 am

Numa set the harpy down by the makeshift medical area Kyrii had made.
Back to top Go down
Darkfire destiny
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Darkfire destiny

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 7:57 am

Kyrii use what little knoledge she had to check for broken bones and open cut's. She had tended these types of injuries befor so she knew what to look for.

"Would you like some fish or water? I could try to make you a better pillow."

Her voice came out soft and sweet, like a mother to a child. Kyrii seemed eager to help.
Back to top Go down
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 5:54 pm

“Yes, please, I’m thirsty,” Larenei said. She turned to look at Kyrii. “Trav, you’re forgetting…your manners. You didn’t introduce…me to your friends yet.” Larenei said, smiling weakly. The statement caught Trav off guard, though it heartened him that Larenei had the energy to jest in her situation.

“Oh, um, yon Neko lady be Kyrii, and the giantess who dug yeh out be Numa. Numa, Kyrii, this be Larenei,” Trav said. Larenei leaned back her head, as Trav began using a small blanket soaked in water to wash off her cuts and bruises on one shoulder.

‘Kyrii, Numa, do you know…how harpies usually talk…to one another?” Larenei asked after a moment.
Back to top Go down
NovusWolf
NovusWolf

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 11:12 pm

Tuc135 wrote:
“Yes, please, I’m thirsty,” Larenei said. She turned to look at Kyrii. “Trav, you’re forgetting…your manners. You didn’t introduce…me to your friends yet.” Larenei said, smiling weakly. The statement caught Trav off guard, though it heartened him that Larenei had the energy to jest in her situation.

“Oh, um, yon Neko lady be Kyrii, and the giantess who dug yeh out be Numa. Numa, Kyrii, this be Larenei,” Trav said. Larenei leaned back her head, as Trav began using a small blanket soaked in water to wash off her cuts and bruises on one shoulder.

‘Kyrii, Numa, do you know…how harpies usually talk…to one another?” Larenei asked after a moment.

Numa gave out a curious growl.
Back to top Go down
Darkfire destiny
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Darkfire destiny

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 7:57 am

Kyrii remembered her past experiences whem she was part of her tribe. She answered as she helped Larenei drink.

"I've heard it once or twice. but...."

She didn't wan't to upset Trav or Larenei so she decided not to continue.

"Do you feel alright to be talking?"
Back to top Go down
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 6:53 pm

“Just let me say this…then I’ll rest,” Larenei said. “We’re a rude bunch. We hurl threats and insults…even to our friends, but it means nothing. It’s just our way…I know it isn’t your way, and I’ll try to…to refrain, but I’ll probably forget…eventually. I am very grateful…for saving my life. Don’t let my speech…once I’ve recovered convince…you otherwise.” Larenei stopped, tired and fatigued. She shifted on her bed of leaves and grass.

“It’s funny…you know…I’m exhausted…but …I haven’t done…anything… the whole… day…” Larenei mumbled, her eyelids fluttering shut even before she finished talking. In moments, she was fast asleep.

“Aye, that be Larenei. Even upon death’s doorstop, she be jesting still. She’d trade barbs with the reaper ‘imself, I’ll wager,” Trav said, running down to the river to wash out the blanket he was using to clean Larenei’s wounds. “But she’ll be alright now. The soil will fix ‘er, ‘er bleedin’s all but ceased, now. She be a tough bird, but sleep will do ‘er good.”

“Still, I owe yeh two a debt I can ne’er repay,” Trav said, returnign to Larenei's side and resuming cleaning her wounds. “If there be anythin’ I can do to show me thanks, I'd be glad to do it.”
Back to top Go down
NovusWolf
NovusWolf

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 12:10 am

Tuc135 wrote:
“Just let me say this…then I’ll rest,” Larenei said. “We’re a rude bunch. We hurl threats and insults…even to our friends, but it means nothing. It’s just our way…I know it isn’t your way, and I’ll try to…to refrain, but I’ll probably forget…eventually. I am very grateful…for saving my life. Don’t let my speech…once I’ve recovered convince…you otherwise.” Larenei stopped, tired and fatigued. She shifted on her bed of leaves and grass.

“It’s funny…you know…I’m exhausted…but …I haven’t done…anything… the whole… day…” Larenei mumbled, her eyelids fluttering shut even before she finished talking. In moments, she was fast asleep.

“Aye, that be Larenei. Even upon death’s doorstop, she be jesting still. She’d trade barbs with the reaper ‘imself, I’ll wager,” Trav said, running down to the river to wash out the blanket he was using to clean Larenei’s wounds. “But she’ll be alright now. The soil will fix ‘er, ‘er bleedin’s all but ceased, now. She be a tough bird, but sleep will do ‘er good.”

“Still, I owe yeh two a debt I can ne’er repay,” Trav said, returnign to Larenei's side and resuming cleaning her wounds. “If there be anythin’ I can do to show me thanks, I'd be glad to do it.”

Numa wrote "Didn't she say something about something else being here?"
Back to top Go down
Darkfire destiny
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Darkfire destiny

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 8:18 am

Kyrii looked at Trav.

"Take this as an apology for calling you food before."

She read Numa'smessage.

" Whatever it is, it's willing to attack something the size of a harpy. Maybe it'll stay away while Numa's here."
Back to top Go down
NovusWolf
NovusWolf

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 11:09 am

Darkfire destiny wrote:
Kyrii looked at Trav.

"Take this as an apology for calling you food before."

She read Numa'smessage.

" Whatever it is, it's willing to attack something the size of a harpy. Maybe it'll stay away while Numa's here."

Numa had a very scary thought.

"Maybe its...its...gigantic?" she theorized.
Back to top Go down
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 5:45 pm

“I know not,” Trav said, resting his arms from the scrubbing a moment. “But I be convinced that whomever did this foul deed did not intend fer me friend to survive. I shudder to think if I didn’ meet yeh two and yeh did not aid me in me search. But if they believe Larenei to be dead, then I ‘ope they ‘ave little cause to return. It be times like this I curse me small size. I would be ‘elpless afore those who did this to ‘er. If only I ‘ad yer impressive stature, Numa…but no. Such thoughts be in vain.”

“I would rest easier if we could leave this place, but I fear to move Larenei in ‘er state.” Trav said. “If we stay the night ‘ere, we should keep a watch. That much I can do. But what say yeh? Should we stay ‘ere, or should we try to find a safer shelter?”
Back to top Go down
NovusWolf
NovusWolf

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 10:48 pm

Tuc135 wrote:
“I know not,” Trav said, resting his arms from the scrubbing a moment. “But I be convinced that whomever did this foul deed did not intend fer me friend to survive. I shudder to think if I didn’ meet yeh two and yeh did not aid me in me search. But if they believe Larenei to be dead, then I ‘ope they ‘ave little cause to return. It be times like this I curse me small size. I would be ‘elpless afore those who did this to ‘er. If only I ‘ad yer impressive stature, Numa…but no. Such thoughts be in vain.”

“I would rest easier if we could leave this place, but I fear to move Larenei in ‘er state.” Trav said. “If we stay the night ‘ere, we should keep a watch. That much I can do. But what say yeh? Should we stay ‘ere, or should we try to find a safer shelter?”

"I think we should find whatever hurt your friend." Numa wrote.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The problem with Numa
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next