Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The problem with Numa

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Darkfire destiny
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Darkfire destiny

The problem with Numa - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 9:09 am

" I agree, but we can't go too far from Larenei. If she wake's up, or whatever it was comes back she is in no condition to get riled up."

Kyrii look at the injured harpy, she couldn't help feel bad for her. Whatever did this had to answer for this.
Back to top Go down
http://g-cat.deviantart.com/
NovusWolf
Marauder of the deep jungle
NovusWolf

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 9:48 am

Darkfire destiny wrote:
" I agree, but we can't go too far from Larenei. If she wake's up, or whatever it was comes back she is in no condition to get riled up."

Kyrii look at the injured harpy, she couldn't help feel bad for her. Whatever did this had to answer for this.

"One of us should stay."
Back to top Go down
http://deadplanet.forumotion.net
Darkfire destiny
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Darkfire destiny

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 11:40 am

"Who should stay and who should go. Larenei Is out of danger from her injuries, she just need's rest, I'm sure she'd like you here if she wakes up Trav. Numa You dilike killing but how do you feel about fighting?"

Kyrii was trying to access the group's weaknesses and strength's.
Back to top Go down
NovusWolf
NovusWolf

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 12:10 pm

Darkfire destiny wrote:
"Who should stay and who should go. Larenei Is out of danger from her injuries, she just need's rest, I'm sure she'd like you here if she wakes up Trav. Numa You dilike killing but how do you feel about fighting?"

Kyrii was trying to access the group's weaknesses and strength's.

Numa shook her head."Can't fight. Fighting gets people hurt. On the other hand, you'll need someone big."
Back to top Go down
Darkfire destiny
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Darkfire destiny

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 12:26 pm

"Well if you can't fight I don't want you to confront a possible enemy. I'm a trained hunter and know how to fight very well so if anyone should go it should be me."

In Kyrii's mind this was a logical choice.

"If Numa confronted the enemy and it was violent she could be hurt or killed. And Trav is just too small to confront a mean predator alone. I'm the most best choice for scout duty."
Back to top Go down
NovusWolf
NovusWolf

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 12:36 pm

Darkfire destiny wrote:
"Well if you can't fight I don't want you to confront a possible enemy. I'm a trained hunter and know how to fight very well so if anyone should go it should be me."

In Kyrii's mind this was a logical choice.

"If Numa confronted the enemy and it was violent she could be hurt or killed. And Trav is just too small to confront a mean predator alone. I'm the most best choice for scout duty."

Numa picked Kyrii up and had another round of 'pretty kitty'. There was a sad look in her eye.
Back to top Go down
Darkfire destiny
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Darkfire destiny

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 12:38 pm

After a little purring Kyrii looked at her.

"You don't have to worry. Part of being a good hunter is knowing when to retreat when your outmatched. I'll be fine."
Back to top Go down
NovusWolf
NovusWolf

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 12:54 pm

Darkfire destiny wrote:
After a little purring Kyrii looked at her.

"You don't have to worry. Part of being a good hunter is knowing when to retreat when your outmatched. I'll be fine."

Numa allowed Kyrii down. "Come...back...safe." she wrote, complete with pauses.
Back to top Go down
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

Location : Chances are between someone's esophagus and duodenum

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 9:00 pm

“Be careful, Kyrii,” Trav said. “Don’t take any undue risks in the name o’ vengance… But if yeh find ‘em, give ’em one fer me.” Walking back down to the river, Trav found his discarded improvised fishing pole and resumed fishing. Larenei would be quite hungry when she wakes up, and Trav would make sure there would be a meal waiting for her.

<><><><><><><><><>
In the surrounding jungle there were several other beings. To the north, camping among the twisted roots of a tree, a large group of well armed humans were bedding down for the night. They are hidden under the roots, but a tiny camera is perched on top of them.

To the east, there is a group of four dridders spinning a temporary web high in the branches. They bear several bruises, and a few cuts and gashes.

To the south, there is a group of four nagas. They bear several bruises, and they are carrying one of their number. The one being carried is alive, but cannot move. They are making their way west.

To the west, there is a dryad chatting amicably with a harpy with dull brown feathers.
Back to top Go down
NovusWolf
NovusWolf

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 1:59 am

Tuc135 wrote:
“Be careful, Kyrii,” Trav said. “Don’t take any undue risks in the name o’ vengance… But if yeh find ‘em, give ’em one fer me.” Walking back down to the river, Trav found his discarded improvised fishing pole and resumed fishing. Larenei would be quite hungry when she wakes up, and Trav would make sure there would be a meal waiting for her.

Numa wandered over to Trav. She gave him a small nudge with her nose.
Back to top Go down
Darkfire destiny
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Darkfire destiny

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 8:50 am

As Kyrii made her way through the surrounding area she tried to make sure to stay within sprinting distance of her group. She traveled in a clockwise circle around the area.

She failed to notice the humans hiding and had instead taken intrest in the faint voices she heard in the west. She decided to investigate and prowled silently through the wood's towards the noise.

Hopeing to have the element of surprise she crept toward's the voice's. She decided to wait once she could see them.

(Not sure How We're working this. Should I just say she looked around or what. I didn't know what tuc had in mind for what attacked.)
Back to top Go down
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 9:46 pm

“…I know that. All I’m saying is something is going on,” The dryad was saying, unaware of Kyrii’s approach. “I just want you to be careful, that’s all.”

“Yeah, the nagas and dridders fight all the time. But worry about your own wooden hide, you’re the one stuck to the ground,” The harpy said, perched on a branch of a nearby tree. Like the dryad, the harpy didn’t know Kyrii was coming. “Hey, ya want the last one? I’m full.” The harpy added, lifting up a man in one taloned foot.

“No, thanks, save him for later,” The dryad said. “Anyway, I heard the sound of fighting recently, and nearby too. There was shouting and screaming. I heard rocks and trees being thrown.”

“I saw that scrap, down south, a bunch of naga’s and dridders beating the stuffing out of each other. Bloody pointless if you ask me,” The harpy said, shuffling on the branch.

“Down south? I could have sworn it was closer, over to the east. By the river, I think. Are you sure it was down south?” The Dryad asked.

“I’m sure,” The harpy said. “Two battles on the same day, sounds like the nagas and dridders are getting serious in their stupid feud. Maybe you’re right, we should clear out until this mess blows over.”

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
“Ah!” Trav yelped, when Numa nudged him and nearly caused him to loose his balance. He quickly righted himself and resumed fishing.

“Numa, I be worried, I don’ mind tellin’ yeh,” Trav said. “And not just worried for Larenei or Kyrii. There be somethin’ not right. I can understand Larenei getting into a fight, but she be no fool. She would flee if she be overmatched. Why did she stay? And why did her attackers go to the trouble o’ buryin’ ‘er? I ain’ the brightest o’ folks, but somethin’ seems off.”

(((Sorry about the delay. Exams and such.)))
Back to top Go down
NovusWolf
NovusWolf

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 11:28 pm

[quote="Tuc135"<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
“Ah!” Trav yelped, when Numa nudged him and nearly caused him to loose his balance. He quickly righted himself and resumed fishing.

“Numa, I be worried, I don’ mind tellin’ yeh,” Trav said. “And not just worried for Larenei or Kyrii. There be somethin’ not right. I can understand Larenei getting into a fight, but she be no fool. She would flee if she be overmatched. Why did she stay? And why did her attackers go to the trouble o’ buryin’ ‘er? I ain’ the brightest o’ folks, but somethin’ seems off.”

(((Sorry about the delay. Exams and such.)))[/quote]

(OOC)
Perfectly fine. Just wish you'd told us.

(IC)
Numa fished her hand in the river and pulled out a whole heap of fish. She gave out a gentle growl to try and be of some comfort to Trav.
Back to top Go down
Darkfire destiny
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Darkfire destiny

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 8:04 am

Upon hearing that Kyrii tried to peice together the odd's or a harpy getting involved in a Naga / dridder fight. It seemed unlikely but she had to check it out. Kyrii decided to travel toward's the south. As long as she was solo she prefered to avoid contact.

As she traveled south she saw the naga's. Something in her started to burn, she felt anger and memorie's of her tribe clouded her head. She didn't realise she was approaching them until it was too late to run for cover. . .
Back to top Go down
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 6:20 pm

The four naga’s seemed fatigued and harried, but were moving quickly through the jungle. All of them bore many bruises and more than a few cuts and gashes. One of the nagas, the one that seemed the least injured, led the way, looking cautiously around. Two of the remaining ones carried a third in their arms. The third, though not as wounded physically, was paralyzed almost completely. Her skin was pale and her breathing was rapid. One could see a bitemark on one of her arms.

The lead naga gave a shout; despite their haste, she had spotted Kyrii. The lead naga and one of the ones carrying the paralyzed naga turned to face Kyrii, and defend themselves if need be. The last naga kept carrying the paralyzed one west.

“I don’t know who you are, but we’re not looking for trouble here,” The lead naga said to Kyrii. “Don’t start any.”

<><><><><><><><><>

“I…well…I think that’ll be enough fish fer Larenei when she awakes,” Trav said, seeing the pile of fish that Numa caught. He pulled up his fishing line. “They aren’ bitin’ fer me anyway. I think that…,” Trav trailed off a moment as he noticed something. There was a man in the bushes on the far bank. From what Trav could see, he wore a combat helmet and goggles. Trav couldn’t see the man’s eyes, but he would wager that the man was more focused on Numa than Trav himself.

“…that some fish sounds good right now, I might cook meself one,” Trav finished innocuously. He turned his back to the man and spoke softly. “There be someone watchin’ us on the far side o’ the river,” Trav said so only Numa could hear.
Back to top Go down
NovusWolf
NovusWolf

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 12:48 am

Tuc135 wrote:
“I…well…I think that’ll be enough fish fer Larenei when she awakes,” Trav said, seeing the pile of fish that Numa caught. He pulled up his fishing line. “They aren’ bitin’ fer me anyway. I think that…,” Trav trailed off a moment as he noticed something. There was a man in the bushes on the far bank. From what Trav could see, he wore a combat helmet and goggles. Trav couldn’t see the man’s eyes, but he would wager that the man was more focused on Numa than Trav himself.

“…that some fish sounds good right now, I might cook meself one,” Trav finished innocuously. He turned his back to the man and spoke softly. “There be someone watchin’ us on the far side o’ the river,” Trav said so only Numa could hear.

Numa nodded. She started collecting trees together to make a fire.
Back to top Go down
Darkfire destiny
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Darkfire destiny

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 7:30 am

Kyrii regained her composure. She realised she probably looked hostile approaching the way she was. She tried to relax her stance and look more approachable but couldn't do it. So she stayed defencive and posed her query.

"I didn't. . .come to fight. I was wondering what happened to you? One of my friend's was hurt and I'm trying to find out how."
Back to top Go down
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 6:35 pm

The two nagas looked at one another briefly. "Who are you talking about? You're not with those dridders, are you?" One of the nagas asked.

<><><><><><>
Trav sighed for a moment. He supposed that someone Numa's size could afford to be so trusting. But a lifetime of being potential prey had given Trav a little suspicion, and seeing the unknown man watching him disturbed him. But was this suspicion really a good thing? Trav didn't know. If Numa was unconcerned, Trav decided he wouldn't worry too much about it either. Trav merely began getting out a few small containers of spices and herbs that went well with fish.

However, when Trav noticed the man in the bushes was looking at him, Trav tipped his hat. The man gasped briefly and quickly dissapeared back into the forest.
Back to top Go down
NovusWolf
NovusWolf

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 11:09 pm

Tuc135 wrote:
Trav sighed for a moment. He supposed that someone Numa's size could afford to be so trusting. But a lifetime of being potential prey had given Trav a little suspicion, and seeing the unknown man watching him disturbed him. But was this suspicion really a good thing? Trav didn't know. If Numa was unconcerned, Trav decided he wouldn't worry too much about it either. Trav merely began getting out a few small containers of spices and herbs that went well with fish.

However, when Trav noticed the man in the bushes was looking at him, Trav tipped his hat. The man gasped briefly and quickly dissapeared back into the forest.

Numa had finished gathering trees. Withut knowlge of hw to start a fire, she went to check on Lareni.
Back to top Go down
Darkfire destiny
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Darkfire destiny

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 7:48 am

Kyrii Looked at tha Naga's a little puzzeled. She had not seen any dridder's. She didn't relax her stance.

"No. I didn't realize there were dridder's in the area. My injured friend is a Harpy. She was in the area and was gravely injured and as I said I'm trying to find out why."
Back to top Go down
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 6:38 am

“Then no, we had nothing to do with it,” The naga said. “We fought only the dridders. I didn’t even know there were harpies in the area.”

“Look, I respect what you are doing, but maybe it’d be better if you and your friend leave this place. It’s likely to become a battlefield soon, with the way things have been going.” The Naga advised. The other one said nothing, but merely looked back at the last two nagas as they got farther away.

<><><><><><><><><>

Trav looked over at the trees Numa had gathered, and couldn’t help but laugh. “I appreciate yeh enthusiasm, Numa,” Trav said. “But this be a bit much for cookin’ fish.” Trav broke off a few small branches from the trees and built a small pile with them. Using dry leaves as tender, Trav used a bit of flint and metal to start a small fire. Normally starting a fire was a dangerous thing to do, as it had a tendency to attract predators, but with the gigantic Numa watching over him Trav thought he could afford the luxury.

Larenei was slumbering peacefully. When Numa came over to her, Larenei yawned lazily and blinked a couple times. “I…haven’t been asleep that long…have I?” She asked sleepily, yawning again.
Back to top Go down
Darkfire destiny
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Darkfire destiny

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 7:07 am

"Thank's for your help."

Kyrii Decided to look for the Dridder's. It wouldn't take too long she though. And she much prefered the company of dridder's to Naga's. She decided to check the north a little better before heading east and she still didn't want to go too far out.
Back to top Go down
NovusWolf
NovusWolf

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 1:10 pm

Tuc135 wrote:
Trav looked over at the trees Numa had gathered, and couldn’t help but laugh. “I appreciate yeh enthusiasm, Numa,” Trav said. “But this be a bit much for cookin’ fish.” Trav broke off a few small branches from the trees and built a small pile with them. Using dry leaves as tender, Trav used a bit of flint and metal to start a small fire. Normally starting a fire was a dangerous thing to do, as it had a tendency to attract predators, but with the gigantic Numa watching over him Trav thought he could afford the luxury.

Larenei was slumbering peacefully. When Numa came over to her, Larenei yawned lazily and blinked a couple times. “I…haven’t been asleep that long…have I?” She asked sleepily, yawning again.

Numa nodded. "Wakey wakey sleepy head." she wrote childishly.

(OOC)
How are the exams going?
Back to top Go down
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 6:29 pm

(((They went well, thanks)))

As Kyrii walked through the forest, a small camera embedded into the trunk of a tree turned and began tracking her movements. A moment later, there was an electronic screech as a loudspeaker on a different branch turned on.

“Attention predator. Come no closer. There are thirty high yield weapons targeted on you. Any hostile action will be met with lethal force.” A voice over the loudspeaker commanded. From underneath the roots of the trees, numerous gun barrels could be seen poking out.

<><><><><><><><>
“It didn’t feel that long,” Larenei said, turning her head to see what Numa wrote. “Sleepy head? Come now, I had a busy day. I wasn’t just lying around you know.” She joked sleepily. Groggily, Larenei used her wings to push herself up into a sitting position. She noticed the pile of fish, and the fire Trav was starting.

“Oh, that’s worth getting up for,” Larenei said, wincing as some bruise or another pained her, but smiling nonetheless.. “Have you tried his fish yet. He has a way of cooking and seasoning them that is simply delicious.”
Back to top Go down
NovusWolf
NovusWolf

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 12:20 am

Tuc135 wrote:
“It didn’t feel that long,” Larenei said, turning her head to see what Numa wrote. “Sleepy head? Come now, I had a busy day. I wasn’t just lying around you know.” She joked sleepily. Groggily, Larenei used her wings to push herself up into a sitting position. She noticed the pile of fish, and the fire Trav was starting.

“Oh, that’s worth getting up for,” Larenei said, wincing as some bruise or another pained her, but smiling nonetheless.. “Have you tried his fish yet. He has a way of cooking and seasoning them that is simply delicious.”

Numa was more concerned with Larenei's bruises. She gave her bruises a good licking, to try and relive some of the pain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The problem with Numa   The problem with Numa - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The problem with Numa
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next