Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Void Sphinxes

Go down 
+9
asaenvolk
rcs619
11cookeaw1
Karbo
Pendragon
Irritus
gwadahunter2222
Malahite
melancholy-melody13
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

Void Sphinxes Empty
PostSubject: Void Sphinxes   Void Sphinxes Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 10:19 am

Average height 80-120ft
apperance: a black lions body, ebony wings, emerald/yellow/or red eyes

A rare speices of sphinx only found in a few places of the evernight forest and even more rarely elsewhere. At first glance they seem like a normal sphinx, except their lions half is pitch black in color as are there wings and hair, their eyes are a peircing yellow, crimson, or emerald color.

Unlike most sphinxes they are quite peaceful, not feuding with harpys, nor eating/attacking those that question their ideals. They are calm and level headed most the time, taking in both sides of an agruement before making a decision. They still have a strong sense of justice and pride, but don't push their views on others, wheather it be prey, another sphinx, or a harpy. It's also a side note that unlike most other harpys and sphinxes the Void sphinxes and banshees often get along nicely.

Like normal sphinxes Void sphinxes are very proficent with swords, but there real skill is in illusion magic and shapeshifting. They can weave illusions to fool every sense, even the predator senses. Also being extremly skilled shapeshifters most of them have another form they're very fond of and often use it as often or more often then their normal one. This is how many of them venture into human citys, some even take up residence there in a human form. This is one of the reasons why they're often not as voracious as other sphinxes, they consider humans more as people then a food source, doesn't mean they won't have a snack sometimes though of course. Most often they will surprise humans living within the city or town by protecting them from a predator attack.

The reason they're called void sphinxes is because though they're kind, calm and gentle most the time, if you really manage to anger one they won't just try to kill you or eat you, they'll make it so you don't exist. They're able to open up strong votex's that suck enemys into a void like abyss. It's a very good idea not to really piss one off.

((little idea I have come to mind, hope you all like it, feedback is apperchaited))
Back to top Go down
http://melancholy-melody.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Void Sphinxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Sphinxes   Void Sphinxes Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 10:39 am

I dislike the power to make what they consume no longer exist, unless you mean only their life force. Wiping the memory, trace, etc. is a bit much, but a sort of "You're dead, end of it. No paradise for you Mr. Good Guy" Void is very nice.
Back to top Go down
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

Void Sphinxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Sphinxes   Void Sphinxes Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 10:43 am

Malahite wrote:
I dislike the power to make what they consume no longer exist, unless you mean only their life force. Wiping the memory, trace, etc. is a bit much, but a sort of "You're dead, end of it. No paradise for you Mr. Good Guy" Void is very nice.

Lol it's the last one, their void magic doesnt affect what they eat, they use it on those that REALLY anger them, be the person who angers them be another sphinx, naga, dridder or human.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Void Sphinxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Sphinxes   Void Sphinxes Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 11:32 am

Interesting specie Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Irritus
Naga food
Irritus

Void Sphinxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Sphinxes   Void Sphinxes Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 1:39 pm

I like the idea very much. Surprised
Back to top Go down
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

Void Sphinxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Sphinxes   Void Sphinxes Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 1:42 pm

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
Interesting specie Very Happy
Thank you ^^
Back to top Go down
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

Void Sphinxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Sphinxes   Void Sphinxes Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 1:56 pm

Irritus wrote:
I like the idea very much. Surprised
I'm glad you like it! ^^
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Void Sphinxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Sphinxes   Void Sphinxes Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 4:10 pm

Scary idea, but it's very unique and very cool.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Void Sphinxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Sphinxes   Void Sphinxes Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 2:19 pm

Pendragon wrote:
I can see a guy who knows they'd destined for hell specifically going up to a Void Harpy and pissing them off to get off the hook, though.

"Right, killed her child, raped the body, set afire her kin's den, poisoned two of her human friends, I think that should get me some nice oblivion."
Back to top Go down
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

Void Sphinxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Sphinxes   Void Sphinxes Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 3:04 pm

Malahite wrote:
Pendragon wrote:
I can see a guy who knows they'd destined for hell specifically going up to a Void Harpy and pissing them off to get off the hook, though.

"Right, killed her child, raped the body, set afire her kin's den, poisoned two of her human friends, I think that should get me some nice oblivion."

Lmao XD not a bad idea and void sphinxe not harpy ^^ easy mistake
Back to top Go down
Irritus
Naga food
Irritus

Void Sphinxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Sphinxes   Void Sphinxes Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 3:17 pm

Malahite wrote:
Pendragon wrote:

I can imagin the unlucky person reaction Evil laugh
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Void Sphinxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Sphinxes   Void Sphinxes Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 3:29 pm

Moonlight-pendent wrote:
Malahite wrote:
Pendragon wrote:

Lmao XD not a bad idea and void sphinxe not harpy ^^ easy mistake
Sorry 'bout the mistake, thanks for not taking it bad. And yeah, I can see Evil Dicks Extraordinaire's flocking to Void Sphinxe territory in the hope to cheat Menyssan her proper meal.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Void Sphinxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Sphinxes   Void Sphinxes Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 6:27 pm

Nice design, the idea of sphinxes living in evernight is interesting Razz

And quite a scary ability here, I wonder if they are somehow related to the plane of negative hydras ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

Void Sphinxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Sphinxes   Void Sphinxes Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 9:45 pm

Karbo wrote:
Nice design, the idea of sphinxes living in evernight is interesting Razz

And quite a scary ability here, I wonder if they are somehow related to the plane of negative hydras ^_^

Thats not a bad idea to explore! perhaps when they send an enemy into the "void" it goes into the plane of negative hydras, or maybe thats where Void sphinxes came from... quite a few possiblitys
Back to top Go down
Irritus
Naga food
Irritus

Void Sphinxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Sphinxes   Void Sphinxes Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 10:19 am

Have you thought of doing a concept design of your 'Void Sphinxes' ?

I'm just asking Neutral
Back to top Go down
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

Void Sphinxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Sphinxes   Void Sphinxes Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 10:56 am

Irritus wrote:

I'm just asking Neutral

Do you mean as in a character or drawinging? I technically have then already.
Back to top Go down
Irritus
Naga food
Irritus

Void Sphinxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Sphinxes   Void Sphinxes Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 11:27 am

Moonlight-pendent wrote:
Irritus wrote:

I'm just asking Neutral

Do you mean as in a character or drawinging? I technically have then already.

Ok, thats cool Smile
Back to top Go down
11cookeaw1
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
11cookeaw1

Void Sphinxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Sphinxes   Void Sphinxes Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 3:17 am

how come im the first person to put a post her since october 2008 it's already febuary 2009!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

Void Sphinxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Sphinxes   Void Sphinxes Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 4:29 am

11cookeaw1 wrote:
how come im the first person to put a post her since october 2008 it's already febuary 2009!!!!!!!!!!!
Haha I have no idea ^^; would be nice to get more feedback though
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Void Sphinxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Sphinxes   Void Sphinxes Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 5:41 am

Moony you should ignore his comment this guy has been banned from the forum for trolling.
Back to top Go down
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

Void Sphinxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Sphinxes   Void Sphinxes Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 8:26 am

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
Moony you should ignore his comment this guy has been banned from the forum for trolling.

Uh he didn't say anything rude to me though Oo so no point in ignoring a comment thats neither rude, and because of the fact he can't reply to it if he's banned.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Void Sphinxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Sphinxes   Void Sphinxes Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:16 am

Moonlight-pendent wrote:
Uh he didn't say anything rude to me though Oo so no point in ignoring a comment thats neither rude, and because of the fact he can't reply to it if he's banned.
Sorry, I did a mistake. He was banned for spamming and his attitude bothered many people on the forum, mainly in the roleplay section.
The comment he posted in the this topic is a spam.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

Void Sphinxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Sphinxes   Void Sphinxes Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 10:26 am

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
Moonlight-pendent wrote:
Sorry, I did a mistake. He was banned for spamming and his attitude bothered many people on the forum, mainly in the roleplay section.
The comment he posted in the this topic is a spam.

True...but he DID bump an awesome topic, so lets keep this thing alive.

Personally, I really like the idea of void sphinxes. Especially their ability to pose as humans. lol, it would certainly be...shocking, to learn that the woman you've fallen in love with is really a void sphinx.

*the couple walks out into the woods*

GIRL: Okay dear...theres....umm...something you should know about me...something...I've been hiding...

MAN: Oh god! ...you're...you're not a man are you?!

GIRL: O.o ...umm...no. Why would you even worry about that? ...has something like that happened to you before?

MAN: *looks around* Umm...no...never ^^;

GIRL: Well anyway...Im....well...I guess I better just show you... *turns into her real form*

MAN: *looks up* O__O ...wow....thats....unexpected....... *faints*

GIRL: *sighs* Well...he didnt scream or run in fear...thats good...I guess ^^;

(lol)
Back to top Go down
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

Void Sphinxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Sphinxes   Void Sphinxes Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 10:53 am

my idea fourms always die XD lol

or don't get much feedback, ah well, I gotta revamp the idea alittle more sometime.
Back to top Go down
asaenvolk
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
asaenvolk

Void Sphinxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Sphinxes   Void Sphinxes Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 10:08 pm

Most do Moony, but that "make it so you don't exist" is a bit vague might want to clear that up a bit. Do they digest you in a magical pocket realm? soul vore? ect. Still otherwise a fairly functional race for Felarya
Back to top Go down
http://asaenvolk.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

Void Sphinxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Sphinxes   Void Sphinxes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Void Sphinxes
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next