Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Amulet of Storms.

Go down 
+8
11cookeaw1
Jætte_Troll
A-Eadie
Googlememan
The Rev
Karbo
Pendragon
thegreatanda
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

The Amulet of Storms. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Amulet of Storms.   The Amulet of Storms. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:23 pm

Very good work! You may not have fans yet, but you'll sure get some. Writers block is natural. I can go quite awhile with half a story done. I've started to try to not start them until I have an outline - it really helps with that.

The only thing that I might suggest and you might ignore, is for me I find the switching from third to first person a bit jarring, especially with where you've placed it. I would keep it in first or third person, or make a clearer divide. (i.e. start first person right after the "Later..." part. Having the first two lines in third than the rest in first is a bit awkward.

But overall, really good. I especially liked the part with all the dead fish. Good comedic timing there.

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
thegreatanda
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: The Amulet of Storms.   The Amulet of Storms. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 10:04 pm

Thanks for the encouragement! It really means a lot, even if I am still updating very slowly. And sorry about switching perspective there. I didn't even notice I was typing 'I' instead of 'He.' You'll have to forgive any mistakes or inconsistencies. Really, I'm treating this thing like a giant rough draft.

Something a bit different today. I started thinking about how to lead into the next part, without seeming too sudden. I started writing a conversation, then thought about other interesting conversations they could have, but couldn't find any way to coherently string them all together. So I decided to just do an intermission of sorts, so I can delve straight into the more plot relevant parts next chapter.

A series of conversations between Malora and Alex.

"Hey, uh... How much farther?"
Malora chuckled. "I already told you, not that far. How many times are you going to ask that?"
"Sorry, I'm just a bit nervous is all... I'd rather not get eaten again."
Malora stopped walking now, turning to face me, a smile on your face. "Hehe! Nice one. Like you'd actually get eaten and live to talk about it!"
"What? No, it really happened. I was in this snake person's-"
"Naga," Malora corrected.
"Right. I was in this naga's stomach and this necklace thing did some kind of magic and fired a giant beam or something, and I left through the hole."
"Oh come on, do you think I'm stupid? Magic doesn't work in a predator's stomach! Everyone knows that!"
"Wait, really? It doesn't? "
"...Wow, you really are new here. Whatever, though. C'mon, we're wasting time!!"

"Soooo.... Why'd you come here to Felarya, anyway?" Malora asked.
Alex shrugged. "Beats spending the rest of my life in a hospital bed."
Malora looked at him, a confused expression on her face. "Huh? What do you mean?"
"I have some kind of genetic disorder or something. I basically have no immune system, so I was sick pretty much all the time, even in a sterilized hospital room. I planned to just enter Felarya and leave quickly and go live a normal life, but I guess Felarya can't rewrite my DNA. So basically if I ever left, I'd just get sick again."
"Oh. Sucks to be you."
"...You couldn't be a little nicer about it?"
"Hehe, nope!"

"Hey, Alex, I got another question."
"What is it?"
"How the heck did you even last this long on your own, anyway? Before you found that neat magic thingy?"
"...I wasn't alone. A group of adventurers agreed to take me with them."
"What happened to them? Did they just leave you behind?"
"...No, they're dead."
"Oh. Too bad."
"Can't you be a bit more sensitive about this? There were a lot of good people with them..."
"Sorry. You just get kind of used to it living here in Felarya, you know? People get eaten all the time."
"...Then why do you even stay here? Why not just leave?"
"Well gee, sorry I can't open dimensional portals at will, Alex," Malora said, grinning. "Really though, even if I could, I wouldn't leave. If I went somewhere else, I'd just be some outsider. I wouldn't know anything about the place, or any of the people there. Besides, all my friends are here! Like it or not, this is my home, and I'm staying as long as I can!"
"...I guess I can kind of see your point. Still seems kind of stupid to me, though."
"Oh, shut up!"

"You're staring again."
"Huh? Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to..." Alex said, diverting his gaze towards the ground.
Malora giggled. "Geez, it's like you've never seen a naked woman before!"
"Well, yeah, I kind of haven't."
"Bullshit. What about all those predators that attacked you?"
"That doesn't count! I was more focused on not getting eaten alive at the time, I wasn't paying attention to their bodies."
"And you've never once seen someone else naked before you got here?"
"Nope. I was in a hospital bed, remember? I didn't have time for things like that, Malora."
"Oh, yeah, sorry. So, wait... does that mean you're still a virgin?"
"Uh, yeah, I guess..." Alex said, blushing slightly.
Malora looked over to him, a massive smirk on her face. "Hee... You and me are gonna have a lot of fun when we get back home!"
"W-wait, what?! I, you, I mean, we, uh, don't have to-" Malora quickly silenced him by placing a finger on his lips, giggling.
"You are so easy to tease.!"
"...Not funny, Malora."
"Relax, Alex! I was just kidding! ...Maybe."
"H-huh?!"
"Oh, nothing~," Malora said, continuing to giggle.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: The Amulet of Storms.   The Amulet of Storms. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 10:50 am

I loved this dialog. It was short but worked well I think Smile

"...You couldn't be a little nicer about it?"
"Hehe, nope!"

Give you the hang of her character XD
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: The Amulet of Storms.   The Amulet of Storms. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 12:47 pm

I've only just come across this... Nice work!

That naga was rather foolish, swallowing a human who was able to give her an electric shock. And cruel, too; she was just asking for what happened to her.

I'll be interested to see how it all unfolds. Smile
Back to top Go down
timing2
timing2

PostSubject: Re: The Amulet of Storms.   The Amulet of Storms. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 5:10 pm

Shifting mode of narration from third to first is generally best avoided. Even so, I still enjoyed the parts you've posted so far and hope to see you continue it. I especially liked the snippets of conversation between Malora and Alex.

One small thing about the fairy encounter – she was capable of gracefully dodging repeated gunfire, which is very impressive, but then she clumsily flies into a wall? Granted, she was giant size at the time, but that still seemed a bit off.
Back to top Go down
http://timing2.deviantart.com
thegreatanda
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: The Amulet of Storms.   The Amulet of Storms. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 3:58 pm

I am a massive procrastinator. I have had practically the entire thing thought out since I last posted, but I haven't updated because.... just because. Again, sorry about switching perspectives. I'll try to do it in 3rd person from now on.

I wonder if I'll ever start a part WITHOUT having to say how utterly lazy I am?

"Sooo.... How much further now?"
"About 2 minutes closer than the last time you asked. Which, thankfully, is all we needed!" Malora stated, pointing up towards a large tree. "Welcome to... Oh." Malora's cheeriness suddenly faded away. Now that they were closer to it, Alex could see that there were numerous buildings built high up in the branches. Unfortunately, he could also see a large spider creature, reaching right into the village, taking people out, and eating them.
"What's going on? What is that thing?!" Alex exclaimed.
"...It's a Dridder. C'mon, Alex, let's go before it notices us too." Malora started walking away, but Alex grabbed her shoulder, stopping her.
"What are you talking about? You can't just go!"
"What do you want me to do, then? It's like, a 100 times bigger than me."
"So what?! Are you just going to let it kill everyone?!"
"Yes, I am. ...It's not like this is the first time I've had to find a new village."
"Well, I'M going to do something. I can't just stand here and watch these people die."
"Oh, yeah? You got a plan, tough guy? Or are you just going to run up and punch her to death?"
Alex thought back to his last encounter with a predator, the naga. "...Yes, I do. I don't really like this plan, but I've got one. I'm going to let her eat me."
Malora stared at Alex in shock for a full 10 seconds. "That... Alex, that has to be the worst plan I've ever heard. In my entire life. Like, of all time."
"No, it's not! I already told you what happened last time, remember? How my necklace killed that naga that ate me?"
Malora facepalmed in annoyance. "Alex, it was funny the first time, but now is really not the time for jokes."
"It's not a joke! You go help people escape, I'll take care of the dridder!" Alex said, before running off towards it.
Malora just stared after him and sighed. "...What a moron. Fine, whatever. I guess I'll stay and watch until he gets himself killed."

It didn't take too long for Alex to reach the Dridder. She hadn't even noticed him coming, she was so busy feasting on the Nekos. Preparing himself, Alex shouted up to her, "Hey!"
The Dridder looked around for a second, searching for the source of the voice. before she turned around and saw Alex waving up at her. She immediately picked him up, and stared at him confused, before saying "You know, usually my food doesn't walk right up to me like that."
Alex resisted every impulse in his body telling him to struggle and get out of there. "Uh, yeah, about that actually. I was, uh..." Alex paused. How the heck do you even go about asking a question like this? "wondering... if you could... eat me?"
The Dridder giggled. "Oooh, I get it! I've gotten a few humans like you before. You're into... what's it called? Vore, or something, right?"
Alex gave her a blank stare. "Uh, no. I don't think I've ever heard of that before."
"Oh, really? Well it basically means getting eaten turns you on!"
Alex couldn't believe what he was hearing. Were there seriously people like that?! "That's disgusting!"
The Dridder gave him another confused look. "What, you're not into that? Then why'd you ask me to eat you?"
Well, damn. Alex couldn't exactly say 'So I could kill you,' so he'd just have to lie about it. "...Okay, I guess you're right. I am into vore."
The Dridder giggled. "Good! Now then, don't worry, I'll go reeeal slow, just for you! Help you draw out the pleasure, ok?" With that said, the Dridder stuck out her tongue, and gave a nice, long lick to Alex. "...Ew. Okay, yeah, the clothes have gotta go."
Alex stopped trying to wipe the saliva off of himself at those words. "Wait, what? Why do you have to take my clothes off?!"
"Because they taste terrible, duh!"
This was bad. If she took his clothes off, sure enough she'd take the necklace too, and then there'd be nothing to save him. "C-couldn't you just eat me with them on?"
"Nuh-uh. I'm the pred, and we do what I want to do! Now stop squirming so much and let me get rid of those nasty clothes!" She said, reaching down towards his pants.
Well, shit. Time for plan B, which Alex just made up. Just like last time he was in a predator's hands, he let loose a blast of electricity, only now he was conscious of the action, making the Dridder drop him.
"Owwww! You jerk! What'd you do that for?!" The Dridder shouted at him. checking her hand to see if it was okay!
"I'm not getting eaten by you, and neither is anyone else!" Alex declared, raising his hand and firing another burst of electricity straight at her.
"STOP THAT!" The Dridder shouted again, bringing down her unharmed hand, attempting to smack Alex.
Alex barely managed to jump out of the way, somewhat panicking. His attacks just seemed to be pissing her off. With little other option, he began shooting blasts at her as fast as he could manage. Other than her slight shrieks of pain with each hit though, it didn't seem to be slowing her down any, as she brought her hand down again, smacking Alex into the air.
Alex landed a good 20 feet away, his entire body hurting. He was pretty sure his arm had rebroken, as well as a couple of other bones. The Dridder walked over to him, raising her sharp spider leg above him, preparing to bring it down on top of him. It seemed she had given up on eating him alive. In desperation, Alex fired another blast of electricity, this time hitting her right in the eye.
The Dridder screamed in pain, and was so disoriented her foot missed Alex completely. Seeing his chance, began firing again, doing his best to make sure every blast hit her eyes.
The Dridder continued screaming in pain, before turning around and running away, shouting "FORGET IT!!! No meal is worth this!!"

Alex struggled back onto his feet. Before he knew it, Malora came running straight towards him, nearly tackling him to the ground in a hug. "Alex, that was INCREDIBLE!! I never knew you had it in you! Thank you SO much!!" She said, before giving him a quick kiss on the cheek.
"Ouch.. Listen, your welcome and all, but could you let go of me? I have enough cracked ribs as it is, Malora."
Malora quickly let him go, a bit embarassed. "Oh, sorry! A-anyway, we should probably get up there now and make sure everyone's alright. Okay, Alex?" As if on cue, a rope dropped down from the village, so Alex and Malora could climb up.

Alright, that's the end of this part. Any comments or criticism would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: The Amulet of Storms.   The Amulet of Storms. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 2:36 am

I've belatedly got round to reading this. Nice continuation. That dridder should have been a little more cautious!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Amulet of Storms.   The Amulet of Storms. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Amulet of Storms.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2