Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lunchtime...

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime
The Joker

Lunchtime... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime...   Lunchtime... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 9:39 pm

Baras was naturally taken aback by the naga's companion just running up to him, hugging him, and saying she loved him. He had wondered if he had done something to make her angry when she slapped him across the face, but her beaming smile showed otherwise. 'Weird.' he thought to himself. When she asked him what his favorite food was, he put his hand to his chin, let out an audible "Hmm...", and said, "...Fruit. Definitely fruit. Especially peaches. I love those sweet, fuzzy things. Anyway, I never introduced myself to you. I'm Baras, and you're the naga's companion if I'm not mistaken. I apologize for not getting your name, Miss...?"

Last edited by The Joker on Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

Location : Chances are between someone's esophagus and duodenum

PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime...   Lunchtime... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 10:16 pm

“Ah, pardon me for not introducing yeh two. Baras, this be D’etre. D’etre, meet Baras.” Trav said, thrown off by D’etre’s strange action. He was glad that Baras did not take offense at her unprovoked slapping. “Anyway, I was ‘opin’ to run into yeh, Baras. D’etre and I be goin’ west a ways to me old ‘ome. I be wonderin’ if yeh wanted to come. It be almost Yule, and they ‘ave a grand celebration there. Truthfully, I’d be much more at ease on the road with yeh at me side.”
Back to top Go down
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime...   Lunchtime... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 10:32 pm

"Hey, Mister Trav, what's a 'Yule' anyway? Is it like a mule?" D'etre asked, turning her curious face back to Trav. She grabbed the taller man's hand, holding onto it. Her eyes looked upwards at the canopy, feeling much more smaller then usual. It was odd being on the ground, she had not walked on it since she was ten, with Raison usually carrying her around. For some reason, she didn't feel like liking Baras much. Maybe a bit of Raison's nature had rubbed off into her. Including being picky about people.

A few birds fluttered by overhead, and D'etre followed them. "Look, birdies!" She said, pointing up to them.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime...   Lunchtime... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 10:36 pm

"Ah, then it's truly a pleasure to meet you, D'etre. And it's also good to see you again, Trav." he said, now looking at Trav. "I'd love to go with you guys! We never did get to talk to each other on the road like I wanted to earlier, Trav, and this would be the perfect oppurtunity to! And that Yule celebration you mentioned sounds awesome! Anyway, if you'll hang on a second, I'll be right back!"

He teleported back into his shack and ran inside, pulling out a backpack from under his bed. He then began to stuff it with a few books that had been stuffed underneath the bed along with the bookbag, and grabbed the journal from off the table as he ran out of his former home and teleported to where Trav and D'etre were. "Well, then..." he said, putting on his backpack, "...I'm ready when you guys are." He then noticed the birds flying up ahead. "Niiiiiiiiice." he responded.
Back to top Go down
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime...   Lunchtime... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 11:14 pm

“Yule be a time o’ the year, about the same time o’ the winter solstice. It be a time o’ celebration and thanksgiving. Truth be told, I don’ know ‘ow it started. But it’s been celebrated every year fer as far as I can recollect,” Trav explained, as Baras vanished to retrieve his backpack.

“Anyway, let us be off. The road grows no shorter by jus’ standin’ ‘ere,” Trav said, “There be a journey o’ a few days ahead o’ us.” Teav began walking off to the west. He avoided the main roads, but traveled parallel to it through the brush.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime...   Lunchtime... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 11:53 pm

"Alrighty then." said Baras, following Trav through the bush. He couldn't really blame Trav for not walking the main road. After all, the main road was basically just a 'pick-me-up-and-eat-me' for predators like nagas, dridders, and the like to snag easy prey. "Anyway, I know I asked you this earlier, Trav, but do you travel often? You look like someone who does." he said.
Back to top Go down
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime...   Lunchtime... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 5:25 pm

"Aaaoooh." D'etre nodded at Trav's explaination. "You're smart." She said, watching Baras vanish and return. She quickly began walking after the two, but found it quite hard. She was much more used to the trees above, and yet here there were bushes and ferns which pushed up against her or pulled her back. D'etre watched the two men, curious about their interactions and the like. The only interacting she really had with humans since she left her parents was watching them be swallowed by Raison.

At the moment, she couldn't help but wish that Imma hadn't gone on her trip. Flying was much better then walking. Frustrated, she kicked a random bush over with a surprising amount of power, ripping it from it's roots and sending it hurtling five feet away. A swarm of starkla bugs rushed out from it, buzzing away from the trio. D'etre briefly examined her legs, noticing a few rune like tattoos has appeared and then faded, and now there were small cuts on her ankle. She didn't mind it, instead walking to catch up with the men.
Back to top Go down
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime...   Lunchtime... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 7:01 pm

“Oh, aye, I’ve seen many o’ Felarya’s wonders with me own eyes. And fer every glory I see, there be roads leading to a dozen more. Though I’ve wandered fer o’er ten years, it would take a dozen lifetimes to see all there be to see. I be glad the soil grants one reprive from old age,” Trav said walking among the shrubs and plants. Many of them were taller than he was, providing good cover from hungry eyes, and he was glad for it. “Felarya be beautiful. It also be dangerous, but I muddle through somehow. What of yeh, Baras?”

He heard a rustle from behind him, and spun and hd within a nearby large shrub. However, nothing happened, and moments later, D’etre came walking up. Trav didn’t realize she had fallen behind. “I bed yeh pardon, D’etre,” Trav said, coming out from the bush I didn’ know yeh ‘ad tarried. Be yeh alright?”
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime...   Lunchtime... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 6:35 am

After listening to what Trav told him, and the "Well, actually, I've only been here for a couple of months myself, though from what I've seen, it's breathtakingly gorgeous!! Of course, like you said, it's really dangerous out here, which is why I bring along my gauntlet along for self-defence. Kind of funny considering this is what brought me here in the first place."

He paused for a moment, looking at the gauntlet attached to his arm. "You see, before I was brought here, I was installing some software in my gauntlet that would allow me to travel through time and space. Not to mess with any major history events, just to see different time periods and stuff like that. Unfortunately, the software had a glitch in it that I didn't catch, and when I used it...well, you can guess the rest for yourself. I'm sure glad it brought me here, though."

He then heard the rustle in the shrubs, and turned around to see D'etre attempting to catch up with them. "Oh, I'm sorry, D'etre! I didn't realize you had fallen behind!" He then remembered that D'etre had been a traveling companion with the naga, so he asked her, "Hey, D'etre...um, that naga you're friends with, um...Raison, is it? Does he usually take naps during the daytime? The reason I ask is because I saw him just before I encountered you guys, and he looked like he was asleep."
Back to top Go down
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime...   Lunchtime... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 8:39 pm

"No, no, it's okay Mister Trav. I'm not used to travelling on the ground." D'etre said with a smile, before putting her arm around Trav's and matching her pace into a odd march. "And my legs are kinda short." She realized, looking up at Baras and Trav. D'etre looked at Baras when he questioned her. "Uh, uh... Mitternacht Naga are usually nocturnal." She said, refusing to say his name.

D'etre then fell politely somewhat quiet, instead just humming to herself. Soon though, she was singing softly a sort of tune that wandered in it's keys and was made up of nonsense words, it was clear D'etre had no Gods-sent talent in singing, but she could carry a tune well. "Innoria... kwe no... ta ne.. Innoria! Kwe no ta ne! No kew ta nee..." The words went, resembling bells in their sound and frequencies, unfortunately, D'etre seemed to have no idea what sustained breath was, and audibly took in gulps of breath with each word, which gave the impression she was buying time to figure out the next word which she actually was. But, she was wise to keep quiet enough so that hopefully no predator would hear. "Kiwaaa no tay yaaa... Innoria..."
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime...   Lunchtime... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 12:03 pm

"Ah, okay." he said to D'etre's answer. 'So there's different species of naga, huh? ...Well, since there's different types of snakes back on Earth, it makes sense.' he thought to himself. He then noticed that D'etre had begun to sing a song. Not wanting to interrupt her by starting up another conversation with Trav, he materialized a Rubik's cube that was already jumbled up and tried solving it while walking. He wasn't very good at them, but it gave him something to do as he walked on.
Back to top Go down
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime...   Lunchtime... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 6:42 am

(((Does anyone have any specific plans for the trip? If not, I think I'll jump ahead to the village. Or at least near to it.)))
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime...   Lunchtime... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 7:25 am

(No, not really. Go right ahead.)
Back to top Go down
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime...   Lunchtime... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 8:54 am

((I was hoping you'd do so! Very Happy ))
Back to top Go down
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime...   Lunchtime... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 5:36 pm

As the three traveled, the climate gradually changed. The tropical broadleaf trees and vines gave way to temperate pines and aspens. The air became cooler and less humid. The ground began rising and falling to form hills and valleys. Ahead of them the mountains in the distance grew in size until they loomed over the three.

Trav led them, among the cover of the trees and shrubs, to a sheer cliff face. There was the entrance to a cave set in the rock face, but no signs of human habitation. The cave entrance was small, only about seven feet in height Hiding in one of the large shrubs, Trav carefully scanned the surrounding area. Occasionally, predators liked to lurk around the cave entrance, but Trav knew their favorite hiding spots. Eventually, he was convinced that the place was free from danger, and strode over to the cave entrance.

“’ere be the path to me ‘ome. It be a long walk to the other end o’ the cave, but yeh be safe inside. It be far too small fer anythin’ too dangerous to enter,” Trav said, kneeling and using a piece of flint and steel to light a lantern. As the lantern glowed to life, Trav stood and entered the cave, holding the lantern ahead of himself.

The cave was dark, but the walls glittered in the light of Trav’s lantern. As they walked through the cave, occasional signs of the presence of humans could be seen. Paths had been cut through the forest of stalagmites. Stairs had been carved when the slope of the floor grew too steep. Doorways had been created in a couple of the walls, linking portions of the caverns to form a long tunnel through the mountain. Despite various twists and turns, the path cut a relatively straight path through the heart of the mountain.

“There be few ways to enter my ‘ometown, an’ they all be caves like this one. Tis a formidable barrier to the big folk, fer the mountain above our ‘eads be treacherous to climb, and even more so to descend,” Trav explained as they walked through the dimly lit cave. “The people ‘ave added to this barrier to make the village a safe one. There be magics that I don’ understand set around this cave and others.” Trav paused a moment to point out a small black stone set into the wall of the cave. “They can sense the presence of fairies and other such magical folk, or the big folk attempting to enter with the aid of magics of their own. Some also serve to repulse dangerous beasts.”

Eventually, a second glow could be seen ahead. This soon turned out to be another lantern hanging from a hook set into the tunnel wall. This lantern didn’t use fire to illuminate the tunnel, but a small crystal that glowed like a candle flame. By the light of this magical lantern, a large door wrought of stone could be seen completely blocking off the tunnel. The door looked as if it could withstand a battering ram, yet it was also a work of art and covered with fine engravings of smooth, flowing geometric patterns. Beside this door, a small bell of bronze was suspended, with a chain of bronze hanging from it’s mouth. To those who could sense it, there was a magic surrounding it. Taking hold of this chain, Trav rung it once, causing a light peal to echo in this cave.

“Allo? Who be there?” A voice asked, seeming to come from the bell. The voice was gruff, but not rude, and had an accent much like Trav’s.

“I be Trav, and I bring two guests with me. Did yeh think that I would miss the Yule time feast?” Trav answered.

“Trav! There be a name I’ve not ‘eard in a bear’s age! ‘old on a minute, let me unbar the gate,” The voice replied. Through the thick door, the sliding of stone could be heard. “Yeh still know ‘ow to make yeh seasoned cod and lemon?” The voice asked.

“Aye, yeh still be good at eatin’ them?” Trav responded. The large door swung inward, revealing a large balding man with a thick bushy beard. He was dressed in well worn tunic and breeches, along with thick boots. On his belt, a simple sword and scabbard hung. His face split in a wide grin upon seeing Trav.

“It be good to see yeh cousin!” The man said, enveloping Trav in a bear hug, nearly lifting the skinnier man off of his feet.

“Aye, Dyron, aye, it ‘as been far too long!” Trav said.

“I’ll wager yeh ‘ave some grand tales to tell us! But first thing first,” Dyron said, setting Trav down. “Who be the guests yeh brought with yeh?” He asked, looking at D’etre and Baras.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime...   Lunchtime... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 4:10 am

When the scenery changed from giant trees to mountains that easily dwarfed the trees, Baras mouthed out a 'Wooooow.' and put the Rubik's cube in a side compartment in his backpack. Baras hid behind Trav as he checked to see if there were any predators around, and once Trav started to move towards the cave, Baras followed.

As Trav explained about the path to his home and the magic that protected it, Baras listened intently to him, not saying a word, save for an 'Ah, I see.' when Trav told them about the path being safe, and a 'That's incredible!' when he told them about the barriers and magic that kep the village safe.

Once they arrived at the stone door, Baras decided to take in his current surroundings while Trav talked with whoever was on the other side of the door. 'This is so AWESOME on so many levels!! Man, I have REALLY got to get out more!' he thought to himself. Baras then decided to turn his attention towards Trav, now trapped in a bear hug by a huge man Trav called Dyron. As the man turned his attention towards him and D'etre, Baras thought it best to introduce himself. "It's a pleasure to meet you! The name's Baras. I met up with Trav as I was walking through Felarya." he said with a smile, offering the hand to shake.
Back to top Go down
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime...   Lunchtime... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 6:04 pm

Throughout the trip, D'etre began to feel more and more uncomfortable. She did not like the change from the tall and leafy trees to the stout pines, and the sudden change in altitude made her feel somewhat dizzy. When Trav stopped to watch for predators, D'etre took the time to regain her head.

She was not interested in Trav's explaintion of the cave system, she was much more interested in staring at the 'ceiling', hoping it wouldn't cave in on her. Someone mentioned cod, and D'etre looked up to see Trav being hugged by a much bigger man. "Meep." She took a step back when he turned his attention to Baras and her.

She hid behind Trav, holding onto his tunic and occasionally peering out from behind him. "I'm no one." She finally said. "I'm no one." She repeated, the words echoing slightly in the cave.
Back to top Go down
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime...   Lunchtime... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 7:17 pm

“Good t’ meet yeh, Baras!” Dyron said, grinning and shaking Baras’ hand. “I be Dyron, watchman of Feldvale, at yeh service! Always good to see new faces ‘ere. We see few enough o’ ‘em as is.”

“No one? A friend o’ Trav is ‘ardly no one ‘ere,” Dyron said, noticing D’etre’s timid manner.

“I think yeh frighten ‘er, Dyron,” Trav said, putting his hand on D’etre’s hand. “Besides, she ‘as ‘ad a rough time. This be the first time she’s been with ‘er fellow man in many a year.”

“Oh, lass. Forgive me, I didn’ mean to scare yeh. The cave ‘elps naught, I can see. Yeh keep glancing at yon ceiling,” Dyron said. “But I know what will ‘elp, gettin’ out o’ the cave. Come on! Sunlight be jus’ a few meters more!” Dyron said, leading the three into the tunnel beyond the door.

“Don’ worry. Dyron be a big fellow, but he be a gentle man. Yeh ‘ave naught to fear o’ ‘im,” Trav said, trying to allay D’etre’s fears.

Beyond the doorway, the natural cave ended. From here on, the tunnel was neatly carved into a square shape. The ceiling was smoothed, the walls covered in polished wood siding, and the floor was tiled in gentle earth colors. Periodic columns of wood were spaced along the walls, supporting the roof of the tunnel. The entire hallway was well lit by more of the magical lanterns. After the dim cavern, the light appeared brilliant to Trav. After the four of them entered the tunnel, Dyron took a moment to shut the door and bar it closed again.

True to Dyron’s word, ahead in the tunnel, the bright light of the sun could be seen. The tunnel led to a room furnished with wooden tables and chairs. This room also had the wooden siding and tiles, but also sported a large crystalline window set in one wall, letting the sunlight stream in. There was also a door set in this wall, leading outside, and a door in another wall, leading back into the mountain.

Through the window, an idyllic scene could be seen. The outside appeared like a small valley, surrounded on all sides by towering, snow capped mountains. The sides of the mountains were unusually steep, and rocky, and had little growing on them. However, the floor of the valley was covered in a pattern of grassy hills and clusters of large pine trees. Through a gap in the trees, a small stream could be seen winding in between a pair of hills.

The most notable feature was one of the cliffs of the mountains. Doors of oak and stone were set at it’s base, and the face of the cliff were dotted with many more windows of crystal. The top level had windows without crystal. People of various ages, both young and old could be seen coming and going among the doors set into the cliff. There were men, working their various trades. There were women tending to the tasks of daily living, more than a few carrying babies and accompanied by children.

“It ‘as been far too long. Welcome to Feldvale, friends. Welcome to me ‘ome,” Trav said, looking longingly out the window at the village set in the cliff face. “Now, perhaps, I can repay a small portion o’ the debt I owe yeh fer savin’ me life.”
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime...   Lunchtime... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 7:07 am

"Yeah, I know what you mean." Baras replied as Dyron talked about how new faces were rare.

As he followed Dyron through the lanturn lit tunnel, he noted the squared off cave and placed a hand on the wall. 'This is simply amazing! Gosh knows how many years it took to flesh this tunnel out!' he thought as he ran his hand on the smooth wooden texture.

As he looked out the window, Baras' jaw dropped at the surreal scene. What he saw outside the window was one of the most beautiful things that he had ever seen in his life. He listened as Trav welcomed them to his home, but his ears perked when Trav said something about a debt. "Huh? What debt?" Baras asked as he turned in Trav's direction with a confused look on his face.
Back to top Go down
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime...   Lunchtime... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 6:53 pm

D'etre, no matter what Trav said or did, still found Dyron quite an intimidating sight. She skuttled back to Baras, hiding behind him as they began walking once more. The cave became smoother, less natural in the angles and curves, she saw the wood occasionally, holding up the 'ceiling' of stone. She wondered how much being crushed to death would hurt.

Looking up, her eyes squinted, having become used to the semi-darkness. As her eyes adjusted, she looked upon a beautiful view of what seemed to be Arcadia Incarnate. Not noticing the obvious barrier between her and the outside world, she dashed out from behind Baras and towards what she thought would be freedom from the horrid 'Tunnel of Doom'.

Instead, she found herself staring up at the ceiling, dizzy and with her nose hurting. "Oh, it's a window." D'etre said, standing back up. "My face hurts." She stated, walking over to Trav and latching onto his arm. That way, if the cave fell in, he would die with her. "Stupid man, making Raison run away from me. Stupid man, I hope you die in a fire." She murmured in a low enough voice so it would sound as 'ussshhhhh usssshhh'. D'etre was still smiling though.
Back to top Go down
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime...   Lunchtime... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 9:27 pm

“Faith! Be yeh alright?” Trav said, startled when D’etre ran forward into the window. Kneeling, Trav helped D’etre to her feet. Concerned as he was, he missed D’etre’s muttered comment. Behind him, he heard Dyron disguise a laugh in a bout of coughing.

“Ah, I must return to me post. There still be many hours afore I ‘ave the time to talk with yeh, Trav. Yeh still remember the way to the larders?” Dyron said.

“Aye, though it be many years, I remember me ‘ome like I left yesterday,” Trav said.

“Aye,” Dyron said, his voice becoming softer, yet more serious. “Trav, I’ll be honest with yeh, not all will be glad at yeh return. Mind what yeh say. I’ll speak with yeh later, Trav. I look forward to ‘earin’ some o’ yeh tales.” With that, Dyron turned back to the tunnel to return guarding the door. Trav watched him go, disconcerted by his cousin’s rather ominous advice. Sighing, he shrugged his shoulders, some people always thought that his wandering life was foolish. He hoped it wouldn’t interfere with his time here.

“Ah, I be forgettin’ me duties as a host,” Trav said. “I know yeh be ill at ease in the tunnel, D’etre. Let us head out and see the Feldvale valley. It still be several hours until the dinner bell be rung.” Trav opened a stone door set in the wall of the room, letting a cool breeze rush into the room. He led D’etre and Baras outside and into the hills.

“There be the village of Feldvale,” Trav said pointing at the windows set in the cliff face. “There be food and drink there, as well as bed and washrooms, if yeh desire. If yeh be hesitant to go underground again, there be much to see in the valley. There be a river with a waterfall at it’s head, and there be gardens and orchards of fruit trees beyond yon hill. Or if yeh simply want to rest, I know good places fer that as well.”

"Oh, one last thing, if yeh 'ear the bells ringin' from the village, find me and follow me. The bells warn of danger, and I know where to find shelter." Trav added as an afterthought.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime...   Lunchtime... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 2:16 pm

Baras winced as he saw D'etre smash into the window. 'Ooooh, that's gotta smart.' he thought to himself as Trav helped her up. 'Hmm....why did she start hiding behind ME after we walked through the doors? I thought she was more comfortable with Trav. I mean, she's spent a lot more time with him than with me. Only thing I've really done with her is tell her what my favorite food is. Oh, well. Guess I'll never know.' He then noticed that D'etre was murmuring something that sounded like 'usssssh, ussssh.' Baras thought for a moment he detected a hint of malice in that murmuring, but Baras shrugged it off, thinking he was probably taking things out of proportion.

As they went outside, Baras took a moment to breathe in the fresh mountain air that always came with these surroundings. He listened to Trav as he explained everything that was in the village. After Trav finished talking, Baras thought that a nice walk around the river would be nice, but first... "Hey, Trav, do you think that I could go ahead and get a room real quick like? I'd to go ahead and put up my belongings." he said, pulling on the straps on his backpack. "And thank you for bringing us out here. I know you didn't have to."
Back to top Go down
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime...   Lunchtime... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 9:55 pm

"No... no, I'm not alright." D'etre admitted, before walking out into the sunlight and fresh air. She looked around at her surroundings, seeing the windows in the cliff face, the lush green grass at her feet, then Baras. She blinked, before turning her attention back to Trav.

Finally she snapped.

"NO! I'M NOT ALL RIGHT! HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF SOMEONE YOU HARDLY KNEW SUDDENLY APPEARED AND TOOK YOU AWAY FROM THE ONE YOU LOVED!?" She suddenly shouted, glaring at Trav. She attempted to swing her hand at his face, her nails acting like claws. "You thought I was ILL, didn't you!? Ill in the head!" She continued. "I wasn't! I'm actually pretty healthy, I just dislike making Raison worry. Yes, that's right, I love Raison, I LOVE A GIANT NAGA WHO EATS HUMANS AND NEKOS AND CHEWS ON DUIKERS! I LOVE WHAT ALL OF YOU CONSIDER A MONSTER!" She had no idea if anyone else was hearing her rant, at this point she just did not care. They would all get to hear her opinion on them whether they liked it or not. "But, have you looked at yourselves? Ever!?" D'etre could already feel herself growing hoarse, she was not naturally a yelling person. She did get angry, but she usually took her angry out by sewing something or gathering herbs.

"Don't tell me 'oh, it's only one person'. Only one person? HAH! I've heard stories about countless numbers of you slaughtering defenseless people in conquered towns just to prove your power and you dominince. What's the problem with one naga playing with their food then when humans regularly shove sticks into one another and put them on display while they are still alive!" Panting, she took in a deep breath. Her face was red and tears were streaming down her face. "Oh yes, before you say 'but there is good in humans too!', I know. I go to Negav at times when I need supplies. I have a few friends there, and another friend who is a neko, she's really nice. So yes, I do know how 'good' humans and neko can be." She was finally calming down, D'etre knew what she did was wrong and stupid, but it felt good to be able to get that load off her chest. Now she could cry. Which she did.
"I want to go back to Raison, I want to go back him. He's probably all worried and unhappy now. If he's unhappy, he's hungry, and if he's hungry and I'm not there, he might eat one of my friends! He wouldn't even know! He's too easily riled into hysterics... You can stay here, but I'm going back." She decided, turning around and walking back to the tunnel. "Thank you though, Mister Trav, Mister Baras."
Back to top Go down
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime...   Lunchtime... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 10:41 pm

At first Trav could say nothing in the face of her sudden fury. He simply felt the thin lines of blood across his cheek where D’etre had scratched him, and watched her silently as she left.

“By the gods, I be a fool,” Trav said to himself, “Baras, I apologize, but I cannae stay ‘ere. I brought D’etre ‘ere, and it be me responsibility to take ‘er back. I ‘ad ‘oped we might enjoy the Yule feast together, an’ it be in naught but two weeks too. But I shall miss it this year.”

“It be me ‘ope that we might share the road again, but by rights I can ask naught o yeh, who ‘as saved me life twice already. Chances be that yeh would ‘ave to do so again, and I’d ‘ave little to give yeh save me gratitude. But if yeh wish to remain, I shan’t think less o’ yeh,” Trav fell silent, as he reentered the tunnel. He saw Dyron ahead of himself looking rather flustered.

“Trav! What ‘appened? Yon lass ‘as fled back into the caverns! She woundn’ stop for…Yeh be bleedin,” Dyron said.

“Dyron, me cousin, I’ve erred, grievously I fear. Do me a favor, an’ run to th’ storehouse and pack food an’ provisions fer cold weather,” Trav said.

“Trav, the others will not like this. If the lass tells the big folk ‘ow to find our ‘ome,” Dyron began.

“I know Dyron. She be me responsibility, though, and I cannae let ‘er come to ‘arm,” Trav said. Dyron was indecisive for a moment, then nodded. Quickly, he jogged in the direction of the village set in the cliff.

“I’m goin’ to try an’ catch up to D’etre, but with winter comin’ I daren’t go as is. I fear that snow will soon be ‘ere.”
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime...   Lunchtime... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 5:29 am

Baras was shocked at D'etre's sudden outburst, and was equally surprised at the accusations that she had hurled at them. He had never thought that Raison was evil. Heck, there were humans back at his world that were insanely more evil than Raison would ever be. Sure, Raison was a bit rude, but evil was FAR from what he would classify Raison as. Heck, Baras KNEW that he wasn't rose pedals and daffodils himself, either.

He listened to Trav as he apologized about not being able to stay for the Yule feast and as Trav ran towards where D'etre had ran in the tunnel, he did a quick scan to make sure everything was working on his gauntlet. Seeing that everything was in order, he ran back towards where D'etre and Trav had gone and ran into Dyron who was jogging in the opposite direction of him. "Sorry to be brief, Dyron, but I've gotta catch up with Trav!!" Baras said, still running trying to catch up with him.

Seeing Trav, he yelled out to him, "TRAV!! WAIT UP!!!" Having caught up with him, Baras took a moment to catch, then looked at Trav and said, "Trav...do you honestly think that after all we've been through I'm just going to abandon you? I don't abandon my friends, and by golly, I ain't gonna start now!! Besides..." he said with a small smile, "the last time I checked, friendship doesn't have a price tag. But anyway..." Baras's smile subsided into a more serious face, "...we've gotta find D'etre quick!! According to my gauntlet's weather system, it's starting to snow heavy outside. If we don't find her soon, she might end up having frostbite...or worse!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime...   Lunchtime... - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lunchtime...
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: General forums :: Role-playing-
Jump to: