Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How'd It Happen?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

How'd It Happen? Empty
PostSubject: How'd It Happen?   How'd It Happen? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 5:35 pm

Well, friends... a tragedy has happened recently, to most of us: Karbo's kiriban has passed, and took with it a great hope of ours.

I know we all have stories of crushed hope and shocking realization. I wanted to see if anyone else wanted to share the situations they were in, and how they came to realize the 2 mil had passed. In case you can't tell, I'm playing up the drama for comic effect.

It was Saturday, November 22nd, about 7:00 PM. I'd checked the night before, and the number had been about two thousand away. My mind suddenly drifted to the kiriban, and my heart stopped. It was probably over by now! See, I was (and still am) a writer in a bit of a bad way. I'm terrible at art, and I can't seem to get an artist to do any art for my characters! I figured the kiriban would be a chance to get some art for my stories (I was gonna ask Karbo to do a scene with my characters and Vivian, straight out of my upcoming Chapter 10). I went to Karbo's DA page... and it was about four hundred over. I sighed to myself, and scratched my butt a little. I didn't try to stress too much. It was only a silly little contest, after all. And my work was getting a few more watchers, even without art. But still... that scene would have been SEXY.

Feel free to share your own tales of woe... or just minor disappointment, if you don't wanna be overdramatic.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

How'd It Happen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How'd It Happen?   How'd It Happen? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 10:45 am

I stayed up. For 18 hours. Just hitting that refresh button. Over and over again.

I took the computer into the bathroom with me just to make sure I didn't miss it. But oh, did lady luck have a cruel surprise for me.

I missed it by 2. ;_;
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

How'd It Happen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How'd It Happen?   How'd It Happen? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 10:58 am

We were ALL psyched for it. -_- But only one person could've gotten it and..... well, whatever.

Keep practicing. Get as good as Karbs, then draw your pic your own self. That's what I'm doing.
Back to top Go down
observer88
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
observer88

How'd It Happen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How'd It Happen?   How'd It Happen? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 11:56 am

GREGOLE wrote:
We were ALL psyched for it.
Maybe not ALL of us, I guess I'm just being pessimitic; I wasn't even able to capture an interesting number like the last 2 times, but I guess only 4channers would appreciate those:
http://img46.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1000555yn4.png
http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=808080dt8.png
Back to top Go down
http://observer88.deviantart.com/
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

How'd It Happen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How'd It Happen?   How'd It Happen? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 1:15 pm

GREGOLE wrote:
We were ALL psyched for it. -_- But only one person could've gotten it and..... well, whatever.

Keep practicing. Get as good as Karbs, then draw your pic your own self. That's what I'm doing.
Well, yeah. I knew I wasn't gonna do it.

"Get as good as Karbs" ? That's impossible, especially for me.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

How'd It Happen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How'd It Happen?   How'd It Happen? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 1:17 pm

Quote :

Well you'd better get started on practicing, then.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

How'd It Happen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How'd It Happen?   How'd It Happen? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 4:15 am

GREGOLE wrote:
Quote :

Well you'd better get started on practicing, then.
Actually, it's literally impossible. It's a long story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How'd It Happen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How'd It Happen?   How'd It Happen? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How'd It Happen?
Page 1 of 1