HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Gastropoda Mermammilus

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Grey-Crow
Helpless prey

PostSubject: Gastropoda Mermammilus   Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:14 pm

The concept of a Gastropod themed Mermais has already been explored to some degree. I hope to expand on this idea with another sub-species of Mermaid based on the Sea Slug.

"Appreance

Sea Slug Mermaids are a rare sight to land dwelling creatures and uncommon even to those that live under the sea. However, once you have seen one, you will likely never forget it. Sea Slug Mermaids appearances vary widly, but all are know to posses very vibrant and perfectly co -ordinated colors running aloung their lower halves, which trail behing them like the skirts of beautiful dresses. Their skin color can vary from the purest white to drow black. Their hair color ranges wildly, but always mirrors a color found on their lower halves, there have even been cases of banded hair , if the said maid is highly colorful already. Eye color also compliments colors already present on their bodies, giving the entire creature a natural harmony. Some Maids can change their color depending on their enviroments if needed.The maids size range wildly as well, some are small at about seven feet in length to over a hundred feet in deeper climates.

One very interesting fact about Slug Maids is that they are synchronously hermaphroditic, which means they have both male and female reproductive organs at the same time. When hatched Slug Maids are female , though once they have reached sexual maturity, they can switch from male to female whenever desired, with this change comes a physical change, in which the Slug maid takes on a Male appearance, though this does not always happen if the two are in a hurry.

"Behaviour

Sea slug Maids are generally eager to speak with any creature that comes aloung, though they rarely begin conversations on their own unless there is something important that they want to say. Slug Maids are solitary , not by choice, but because there kind are few and spread apart. Therefore, they make due with whatever creature is kind enough to speak with them. For the reasons stated previously, Slug maids tend to act lonley, even when surrounded by other creatures. Otherwise, they are serene and composed, rarely giving into strong emotions unless they are very strong, even then excercising control. The only time you may see a Slug maid showing excitement is when word reaches their ears of another Slug maid in the area, in which case the Maid will abruptly approach the individual that she heard the rumour from , shake them until they tell they reveal the source of the rumour and then swim off as fast as they can to hunt down the source until it eventually comes across either the Maid herself, or the person that started the rumour. If the rumour turns out to be false, the person that started it is usually ingested

However, if the Maid does come across another of her species, they're demeanors change to that of excited school girls, talking constantly. The two often set up a abode very close to each other, or even the same shelter or go off in search of others of they're kind, whatever the case, they never seperate again for previously stated reasons, in effect, they mate for life, though it if the pair come across another, then she will be allowed into the group. Eventually, the species will be gathered together and a colony will be established and the species will increase in number.

"Natural abilities

Slug Maids are a virtual wonder of nature, they posses many natural abilities that allow them to survive, but have no magical ability whatsoever.

Slugmaids have no set bone sturcture, which allows them to squeeze into very tight places with little trouble. They are also able to regrow lost limbs and body parts and if suprised, often relese jets of ink into the faces of they're atteckers to flee into a crevice nearby.

Slugmaids blood and skin are very toxic that induces near continous vomiting and can cause paralysis, blindness, disorientation, impotency, painful swelling of joints and breasts, blurred vision once blindness has subsided, tooth and gum decay, hair loss, profuse sweating and indefinate loss of apetite.Slugmaids eggs do not posses this toxin until they hatch.

Slugmaids prefer deeper waters and tend to live near the bottom or a reef, but they di have the ability to surface for limited times, though they cannot completely leave the water.However, the Slugmaid must secrete a near constant stream of sweat to keep they'r delicate skin from blistering, but does give them a pleasent sheen that can be seen for miles and tends to attract a great deal of attention.

Slugmaids do not posses a huge apettite, seeing as they only need to feed once every two weeks. The Slugmaids stomach contains a special acid that slowly draws all the nutrients from the foodsource
and keeps them alive until every bit is gone, then digests the rest. The Maids are not picky as to what they eat, the large the prey, the longer it takes to digest .

[u]"Habitat.'[/u

SlugMaids survive best in warmer waters, seeing as they have a hard time surviving in colder waters. They are bottom or reef dwellers, but can swim in the open oceans if the need arises. Some of the Larger Slugmaids live in the deeper waters and some species of slugmaids can even travel up large rivers and live there.

There are many species of Slugmaid, the one mention here could be called the common slugmaid, I will make more entries concerning this species in the future.

I am open to suggetions, comment and questions and I would very much like to discuss the idea if I can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: Gastropoda Mermammilus   Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:48 pm

Dammit! Lazy bastards, never comment on a decent idea anymore. -_-

I love this idea. The idea of taur-ifying such an underappreciated just appeals to me on so many levels. It expands the oceans further.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge

PostSubject: Re: Gastropoda Mermammilus   Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:50 pm

Ack, I'm agreeing with GREGOLE on this. This is just plain Awesome-sauce. Not only that, but I love slugs. I'm glad you kept the hermaphrodite trait of slugs in there.

What's 'drow black' though?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Gastropoda Mermammilus   Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:57 pm

great idea cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
/Fish/
Hero
Hero

PostSubject: Re: Gastropoda Mermammilus   Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:27 pm

Slugmaid is made of sea slug and mermaid- and therefore win.

Very nice job fleshing them out. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements

PostSubject: Re: Gastropoda Mermammilus   Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:23 am

Yeah... nice idea...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Irritus
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: Gastropoda Mermammilus   Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:57 pm

Very Original.. I like it Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nightgolem
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: Gastropoda Mermammilus   Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:43 pm

Really cool idea, they sound very pretty too~^^ I love how they sound socially, its cute~<3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/lostdemise/
koijo
Tasty morsel

PostSubject: Re: Gastropoda Mermammilus   Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:09 am

eh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omicron_xd5
Tasty morsel

PostSubject: Re: Gastropoda Mermammilus   Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:36 pm

They sound very interesting! I love it! Very Happy