Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felaryan religions

Go down 
+16
Xeno-the-Hedgehog
Icalasari
Chelsea Nightwind
gwadahunter2222
Rythmear
GREGOLE
Feign
lami
SLR
Malahite
The Nordic Ninja
Karbo
SB
Pendragon
dlausactor6373
Hunter
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hunter
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

Felaryan religions Empty
PostSubject: Felaryan religions   Felaryan religions Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 10:05 am

The humans of Felarya should have religions, both their own and ones brought over from other dimensions. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
http://X89.deviantart.com
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

Felaryan religions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryan religions   Felaryan religions Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 10:12 am

1. The Jedi
2. The Sith
3. Sephyism (lol)
4. A rather silly religion I came up with, Crisis-ism. That would be a group of humans who worship and offer sacrifices to Crisis. I'd bet she'd like that! Razz
5. The Knights who say... NI!!!
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Felaryan religions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryan religions   Felaryan religions Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 10:19 am

I hope there aren't too many cults around there. I don't feel like being sacrificed to a naga because I'm a heretic.
Back to top Go down
SB
Helpless prey
SB

Felaryan religions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryan religions   Felaryan religions Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 10:29 am

dlausactor6373 wrote:

4. A rather silly religion I came up with, Crisis-ism. That would be a group of humans who worship and offer sacrifices to Crisis. I'd bet she'd like that! Razz

I bet she would end up eating her cult members when she would first meet them, I mean why not pass up more food?
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Felaryan religions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryan religions   Felaryan religions Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 10:42 am

Actually there is several cults that exist already ( see the wiki ) ^^

But don't hesitate to come with more Smile
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
The Nordic Ninja
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
The Nordic Ninja

Felaryan religions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryan religions   Felaryan religions Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 11:36 am

dlausactor6373 wrote:

NI!!! laugh alone lol.
Back to top Go down
http://adultswimrules.deviantart.com/
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

Felaryan religions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryan religions   Felaryan religions Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 11:43 am

The Nordic Ninja wrote:
dlausactor6373 wrote:

NI!!! laugh alone lol.

Crisis-Ooh! Some tasty humans!
Knight-No, my dear! We are not normal humans! We are the Knights who say... NI!
Crisis-*gasp* No! Not the knights who say Ni!!
Knight-The same.
Crisis-What do you want?
Knight-We demand... a SHRUBBERY!! If you do not bring us a shrubbery, you will not pass through this wood... alive!
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Felaryan religions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryan religions   Felaryan religions Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 12:21 pm

Bring this up often, but...

Othemites could double as an Imperial Cult as well. It would have to have been started before the Horus Heresy, and not heard of such, though it could well be wrote in to a fanfic, storyline, etc.

A one I'd like to see would be the Cult of the Shrike, however.
Back to top Go down
Hunter
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

Felaryan religions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryan religions   Felaryan religions Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 1:11 pm

Interesting ideas. However, jedi,sith and the knites who say Ni don't qualify.

NI!
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Felaryan religions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryan religions   Felaryan religions Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 4:09 pm

Hunter wrote:
Interesting ideas. However, jedi,sith and the knites who say Ni don't qualify.

NI!

Well, it's agood thing my sith character is a neko person.

Also, he is a fallen warrior, so he don't need no stinking religion in Felarya.

But, to contribute, maybe we need some type of cult which worships a woman in the volcano, who's made of PURE LAVA!
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Felaryan religions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryan religions   Felaryan religions Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 4:12 pm

Pendragon wrote:
maybe we need some type of cult which worships a woman in the volcano, who's made of PURE LAVA!
Curze could take 'er.

Though I must say that Felarya just SCREAMS of Tzeentch, now that I think about it. Think, what planet is more chaotic then Felarya?
Back to top Go down
SLR
Tasty morsel
SLR

Felaryan religions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryan religions   Felaryan religions Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 4:13 pm

Pendragon wrote:

But, to contribute, maybe we need some type of cult which worships a woman in the volcano, who's made of PURE LAVA!

A fire/lava elemental who lives in a volcano... I think I could do something interesting with that idea actually. Though obviously anyone she eats won't be doing much squirming, as they'd be cooked alive the moment she touches them.
Back to top Go down
Hunter
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

Felaryan religions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryan religions   Felaryan religions Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 4:25 pm

A fire/lava elemental who lives in a volcano... I think I could do something interesting with that idea actually. Though obviously anyone she eats won't be doing much squirming, as they'd be cooked alive the moment she touches them.[/quote]
lol
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Felaryan religions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryan religions   Felaryan religions Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 4:26 pm

SLR wrote:

A fire/lava elemental who lives in a volcano... I think I could do something interesting with that idea actually. Though obviously anyone she eats won't be doing much squirming, as they'd be cooked alive the moment she touches them.

Mhh actually no ^^
Elementals have organs of flesh so if she want her prey alive she could. It would just be choking hot in her stomach but not to the point of killing hte prey. Just to let you know Razz
Back to top Go down
SLR
Tasty morsel
SLR

Felaryan religions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryan religions   Felaryan religions Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 4:30 pm

Karbo wrote:
SLR wrote:

Mhh actually no ^^
Elementals have organs of flesh so if she want her prey alive she could. It would just be choking hot in her stomach but not to the point of killing hte prey. Just to let you know Razz

Well, I realise that normal elementals have fleshy insides, but Pendragon specified that this lava lady would be made of PURE LAVA! which made me think that she'd be somewhat different. Possibly magical, rather than naturally occurring.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Felaryan religions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryan religions   Felaryan religions Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 5:21 pm

Well, don't quote me on anything.

In fact, I think I'll put this in the flora and fauna section. Check it out when I'm finished.
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

Felaryan religions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryan religions   Felaryan religions Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 8:15 pm

the wiki says religion of all types exist. it might be interesting to see what the other races worship if anything.
Back to top Go down
Feign
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
Feign

Felaryan religions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryan religions   Felaryan religions Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 7:37 pm

I imagine that religions centering around necromantic practices are pretty weak in Felarya...

So religions around chaos and life... And Lovecraftian mythos in there?
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

Felaryan religions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryan religions   Felaryan religions Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 8:19 pm

Considering the largely feral and wild nature of most of the races here, I would think atheism would be BIG in Felarya.

Of course, each of the gods/guardians would also more than likely have their own followings.

Those strike me as the dominant religions, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

Felaryan religions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryan religions   Felaryan religions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 4:42 am

Seriously though, has the cult of Zoe been added to the wiki? Because I've put serious effort into that cult Razz
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Felaryan religions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryan religions   Felaryan religions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 5:01 pm

GREGOLE wrote:
Considering the largely feral and wild nature of most of the races here, I would think atheism would be BIG in Felarya.
I'd think the oppossite. People would be clinging to a faith to give their life (And their quickly approaching death) a meaning.
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

Felaryan religions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryan religions   Felaryan religions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 5:41 pm

He makes a good point.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

Felaryan religions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryan religions   Felaryan religions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 6:56 pm

Quote :
I'd think the oppossite. People would be clinging to a faith to give their life (And their quickly approaching death) a meaning.

Both seeme qually likely, actually.

Though I think that such a faith would probably elude larger predators, unless passed upwards from victims.
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

Felaryan religions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryan religions   Felaryan religions Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 3:38 am

I doubt Crisis worships any higher power.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Felaryan religions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryan religions   Felaryan religions Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 4:39 am

Indeed that's clearly not her style ^^

But some nagas and other predators do. Needless to say it's not the same divinities as human's though lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Felaryan religions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryan religions   Felaryan religions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felaryan religions
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next