Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View

Go down 
+10
Pendragon
Rythmear
Karbo
Raetsu Lord Pichu
lami
gwadahunter2222
xlrp
mangamastermind
Malahite
Siafu789
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Siafu789
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Siafu789

Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View Empty
PostSubject: Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View   Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 6:28 pm

A long while back, me and Karbo were exchanging some PMs back and forth. In the course of our discussion, we observed how, in a way, there are two Felaryas-one as experienced by predators, the other as experienced by prey.

The first perspective-one experienced by Crisis and friends-is the one we see most often-a "cute and pleasant place" , as Karbo put it.

But what of the prey?

This is what this thread is about: Felarya from the eyes of the hunted.

I've often wondered what a place like Felarya does to a man-or woman, if you insist on political correctness. What does being food in the eyes of its voracious denizens do to their psyche? To their convictions?

One would change, but into what? A frightened animal? A broken spirit? A new, emboldened being? Or, perhaps, into something monstrous, even to Felarya's inhabitants?

I want to hear-in all seriousness-what a place like Felarya does to those that find themselves on the menu.
Back to top Go down
http://militant-prey.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View   Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 6:38 pm

Depends on where the prey is from, what type of upbringing they had, etc.

For three examples:

1) Real-Life human. If from something like a 1st-world country, Felarya would seem like heck. The lack of technology, the sheer number of things wanting you dead, the 'Every man / woman for themself' lifestyle (In the end), all this would play poorly with them.

2) Freman. Beyond the sheer awe at the amount of life, a Freman would likely see the planet as an obstacle - nothing more. If he / she learned of the portals, they'd likely use it to get home (Or in the least get to some Desert-area).

3) Catachan. Just like home.

And, because I feel like adding it in here (Mainly due to it being a non-human 'prey'):

Predators: They'd likely feel this place to be some sort of holy land. A place where they could use even Wargear and not have a sure-chance of getting any skulls. If Predators found a stable way to reach Felarya, you could imagine large fluxes of 'em rushing for the planet to prove their skill.

The culture, homeplanet, etc. would vastly change everything.
Back to top Go down
mangamastermind
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
mangamastermind

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View   Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 6:52 pm

well in my opinion it depends if the prey is prepared or not. If they were to go into the forest just for kicks with a couple of there friends and they were all eaten except one, I would guess that eather:

A. They would never leave there house again.

B. They would be hardened by the experience and become more resourceful in the Forest.

C. They just go crazy.
Back to top Go down
xlrp
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View   Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 6:53 pm

Two words Doge Darem. He's been captured and escaped so many times all you have to think about is what would happen if he didn't escape. Cool

Last edited by on Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://xlrp.deviantart.com
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View   Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 6:59 pm

xlrp wrote:
Two words Doge Darem. He's been captured andescaped so many time all you have to think about is what would happen if he didn't escape. Cool
GAME OVER

Return to start?
=>Yes
No
Back to top Go down
xlrp
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View   Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 7:07 pm

Malahite wrote:
xlrp wrote:
Two words Doge Darem. He's been captured andescaped so many time all you have to think about is what would happen if he didn't escape. Cool
GAME OVER

Return to start?
=>Yes
No

I'm not just talking about that I'm talking ending up getting swallowed whole. Hving a sexy cute giant make you lunch. I'm talking bout being in the belly and watching digesive juices pour in. I'm even talking about the ones that rip you to shreds. Thats what I'm tlaking about. Gurrila Monsoon Rap. Got the whole clublike how you do that.
Back to top Go down
http://xlrp.deviantart.com
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View   Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 7:14 pm

Militant-Prey wrote:
Or, perhaps, into something monstrous, even to Felarya's inhabitants?

About this point I imagined a human race who fell into madness and start to hunt any predators even nagas to eat them but it was very harsh I think. Sad

But it's clear when you live in Felarya and you saw any members of your family eaten by giant predators like Naga I think you are not the same and there is a deep hate which growing inside you.

I think Crisis has many ennemies in Felarya Sad
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Siafu789
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Siafu789

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View   Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 7:24 pm

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
Militant-Prey wrote:
Or, perhaps, into something monstrous, even to Felarya's inhabitants?

About this point I imagined a human race who fell into madness and start to hunt any predators even nagas to eat them but it was very harsh I think. Sad

But it's clear when you live in Felarya and you saw any members of your family eaten by giant predators like Naga I think you are not the same and there is a deep hate which growing inside you.

I think Crisis has many ennemies in Felarya Sad

When I said that, I wasn't even imagining something that articulate.

No, I was imagining individual human beings as becoming savage monsters, even to Felarya's inhabitants. Think shell shocked, Vietnam vet style crazy.
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View   Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 7:48 pm

It all depends on their responsiveness to change, I think many humans would suffer from extreme stress and depression, providing that these people can live and more than just the strong few survive, this could be something of a epidemic that plauges most human settlements, and its not hard to reinforce it once another member gets picked off as a snack,
Back to top Go down
Siafu789
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Siafu789

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View   Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 7:52 pm

lami wrote:
It all depends on their responsiveness to change, I think many humans would suffer from extreme stress and depression, providing that these people can live and more than just the strong few survive, this could be something of a epidemic that plauges most human settlements, and its not hard to reinforce it once another member gets picked off as a snack,

Yes, I can see that.

But what of the strong few? Strong...but, necessarily sane? Perhaps just as fractured as the rest.
Back to top Go down
Raetsu Lord Pichu
Marauder of the deep jungle
Raetsu Lord Pichu

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View   Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 8:15 pm

Yeah, this basically depends on the person and their will to survive. in my opinion if ya have the guts then your gonna last pretty long, if ya don't then your on the one way express to a Naga's gut (keep your tickets it's a one way ride, buddy). Ya gotta have the guts to kill something not only to survive but also to eat, and you also have to learn how to outsmart (or just downright avoid) the top preds that are comin to get ya.

If it were me, I'd be dead in at least a few hours...
Back to top Go down
http://pimpdaddypichu.deviantart.com/
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View   Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 8:54 pm

Raetsu Lord Pichu wrote:
Yeah, this basically depends on the person and their will to survive. in my opinion if ya have the guts then your gonna last pretty long, if ya don't then your on the one way express to a Naga's gut (keep your tickets it's a one way ride, buddy). Ya gotta have the guts to kill something not only to survive but also to eat, and you also have to learn how to outsmart (or just downright avoid) the top preds that are comin to get ya.

If it were me, I'd be dead in at least a few hours...
If thats true its a wonder how aki survives Razz
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View   Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 3:23 am

Imagining a world where the humans aren't in charge at all, don't master everything is quite difficult.. buf strangely fascinating in the same time Razz

Normally, with a common ennemy, humans would tend to band together but because the "ennemy" ( basically the rest of the world ) seem night undefeatable and with the great richness around, greed could override any sense of cooperation.. Like : " ok I take what I can in this cursed world and I get my ass out of here and screw the rest."
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View   Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 4:08 am

Malahite wrote:
Depends on where the prey is from, what type of upbringing they had, etc.

For three examples:

1) Real-Life human. If from something like a 1st-world country, Felarya would seem like heck. The lack of technology, the sheer number of things wanting you dead, the 'Every man / woman for themself' lifestyle (In the end), all this would play poorly with them.

2) Freman. Beyond the sheer awe at the amount of life, a Freman would likely see the planet as an obstacle - nothing more. If he / she learned of the portals, they'd likely use it to get home (Or in the least get to some Desert-area).

3) Catachan. Just like home.

And, because I feel like adding it in here (Mainly due to it being a non-human 'prey'):

Predators: They'd likely feel this place to be some sort of holy land. A place where they could use even Wargear and not have a sure-chance of getting any skulls. If Predators found a stable way to reach Felarya, you could imagine large fluxes of 'em rushing for the planet to prove their skill.

The culture, homeplanet, etc. would vastly change everything.

YAY FOR CATACHAN!
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View   Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 5:05 am

Karbo wrote:
Imagining a world where the humans aren't in charge at all, don't master everything is quite difficult.. buf strangely fascinating in the same time Razz

Normally, with a common ennemy, humans would tend to band together but because the "ennemy" ( basically the rest of the world ) seem night undefeatable and with the great richness around, greed could override any sense of cooperation.. Like : " ok I take what I can in this cursed world and I get my ass out of here and screw the rest."
In the end, humans can be added as his own predator Very Happy
I think humans are enough crazy to start a war in Felarya.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View   Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 5:49 am

I think it varies for certain humans.

Some run scared because they are ill prepared.

Some learn to adapt, going so far as to even befriend the predators.

Some actually are prepared, and may make it out alive.

However, some very few and rare humans become murderous demons.

If you ever see a human take down a naga, then start hauling yourself to the nearest exit. They are not normal.
Back to top Go down
observer88
observer88

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View   Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 8:55 am

What about the overconfident ones that think that they can defeat anything?
When they are defeated, they'll just beg for mercy. But humility is the last thing they'll learn. Know what I'm saying?
Quote :
Imagining a world where the humans aren't in charge at all, don't master everything is quite difficult.. buf strangely fascinating in the same time
We still have much to master here on Earth as, for example, I don't think pollution is intentional.
Back to top Go down
http://observer88.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View   Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 9:24 am

Pendragon wrote:

If you ever see a human take down a naga, then start hauling yourself to the nearest exit. They are not normal.

It depend of the point of view for this human we are not normal Laughing

I think after you enter in Felarya you won't be the same as people after a tragic events started to give more importance to things like family and change their lifestyle.
Back to top Go down
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View   Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 10:18 am

I think most people would become more alert and careful, if they lived long enough.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View   Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 10:55 am

The Rev wrote:
I think most people would become more alert and careful, if they lived long enough.
That's true Very Happy
I think some of them will be able to sense a cat walking behind them Laughing
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View   Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 4:56 pm

Pendragon wrote:

Depends on how they take it down.

If you see the Naga impaled on a very large tree, then yeah: Running would be a good idea right about now.

If done with precise usage of explosives (Like, say, rigging an area with enough explosives to fully load every gun on the Bismark), the person may not be that much greater than 'human'.

This whole thread depends on a large number of variables. A person from Midworld wouldn't find Felarya all that bad. They'd probably enjoy the predators with a sense of kindness. Meanwhile, a person from Coruscant would probably find the world a horrendous nightmare.
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View   Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 5:38 pm

Well, it depends if you have an army at your back or not.
Back to top Go down
jurodan@gmail.com
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View   Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 1:16 pm

I wouldn't say that life is quite so different from what people would expect in a historical setting. Yes, the body count is up (significantly so), but it's obvious that the human/neko/elf population is significant (top predators require food, even with excellent metabolism). The mechanics of staying alive are quite different, to be sure. I doubt there's much arable land, but the land itself is flush with food (fruits, vegetables, nuts, etc.) to be harvested. There are probably few farmers (or fishermen for that matter) but there are probably scavengers from villages and the like.

Or, it could be the magic of the plane that, as Karbo mentioned, keeps all of the predators from being constantly hungry, keeps all average sized humanoids completely full, thus removing any necessity to actually eat.

There are villages, of course, I'm sure of it, and it has been seen. Humans are hard pressed on all sides, so they band together in an attempt to keep each other safe. Not unlike the regular world, just that the threat is graver here. I'm suspecting that most large settlements (anything more than, say, 50 people) will have some sort of defense against large predators, either a mage or something immobile that can't be easily taken by small groups searching for food. Either that or there is a place that they can escape to, something like a cavern that's been cleared out of deadly animals or something that they carved out themselves.

As for tools and such, Felarya is magical, and as such has plenty of things that can help humans survive (nothing is perfect, of course).

But I should mention now that in all the above I'm talking strictly about natural inhabitants of the plain. Outsiders, such as the Delarians (Anna's people... former people) may have different methods of survival (until they're eaten, anyway).
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View   Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 2:33 pm

karbo said that? is it in the wiki?
Back to top Go down
jurodan@gmail.com
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View   Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 3:16 pm

lami wrote:
karbo said that? is it in the wiki?

Not that I know of. He said it in the calorie guide discussion: https://felarya.forumotion.com/ideas-discussion-f3/calorie-guides-t50.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View   Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felarya: From a Prey's Eye View
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next