Naga food

PostSubject: Quetzalcotal Naga   Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:51 pm

Well this is my frist idea for a spiecies of Naga
so here goes Neutral

Quetzalcotal (flying serpant) Naga

Height: min-16ft
Max-100ft

Prey: humans, nekos,etc

Apperance: Quetzalcotal Nagas are simmilar in anatomy as other nagas though instead of scales along the snake half of the body, they have a rows of slim feathers. On the sides of arms lay strong streamline feathers, that retract out for use and back to stop them from getting damaged. At the tip of the tail extends seven long feathers, they do the same function as the arm feathers, it is also used as a fan to cool themselves off when their overheated or when in a passionate mood
They will use the fan to frivol with the oppersite/same sex ( this is only on females/this is not limited to that race)

Background: Quetzalcotal (flying serpant) Nagas are a rare spiecies of naga that only inhabit high areas Felarya such as treetops, cliffs, tall rocky outcrops or mountain caves.
Even though their name gives an impression that they can fly, but infact they glide from place to place, when they come to places that are high they would climb it. Their nature for staying in elevated enviroments
made them take intrest in Astrolgy, they would spend hours gazing upon the nightsky naming new things that emerge, because of this they hardly spend time on the ground (except to hunt and to socialize with other races).

Note: (even though it says “flying serpant they” do not actually fly but glide, the reason for this is that their weight stops them from getting the
lift they need to fly)

Hunting habits: Quetzalcotal Nagas usally ambush their unexpected meal by gliding towards them and swallowing it whole before it knows happened. If the prey was a male human (example) the female Quetzalcotal Naga would try to act innocinte in an attempt to draw him near her. If she is succesful then she’ll distract him by flirting, then going to kiss him twice. Frist one is real but the second one is when she eats him. If this technique failed however, she’ll bid her time to give her pray a sense of comfort and safety, then attack. This method could be tried on the female gender of the prey, but is less likely to work.

Other Information you
Should be aware of: Quetzalcotal Nagas would eat one their
own kind, depending on size.

Survival tips:
a) If you are being followed by one you should, get anything that is purple, as a bull charging into a red cape Quetzalcotal Nagas are irresistible to the colour and will be distracted which would give you some time to run or find cover.
b) By any chance you are comfronted by a female who has her eyes set on you as her next meal, coment on how she looks this would give you a 20% chance of not being consumed.

Well there you go,

please tell me if there are thing to be added, removed, changed, etc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Quetzalcotal Naga   Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:14 am

... bird nagas... very creative, i guess. They're gonna look nice though, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://0332288.deviantart.com
Irritus
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: Quetzalcotal Naga   Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:30 pm

0332288 wrote:
... bird nagas... very creative, i guess. They're gonna look nice though, that's for sure.

Bird nagas?.... i guess you can call them that Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
/Fish/
Hero
Hero

PostSubject: Re: Quetzalcotal Naga   Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:46 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Irritus
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: Quetzalcotal Naga   Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:59 pm

ah didn't notice that Shocked

thanks for showing me this Fish Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack

PostSubject: Re: Quetzalcotal Naga   Tue May 05, 2009 12:59 pm

wait, so flying naga?
that would be interesting. don't know how the fairies will react to that lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=614917399
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: Quetzalcotal Naga   Tue May 05, 2009 1:17 pm

I'd actually be interested in seeing this idea get somewhere.

I know, I'm usually the last one to go for mixing nagas with mythical beings, but this actually genuinely seems like the kind of thing that I could see in a jungle.

Of course, for a serpentine body, there would have to be more than one set of wings to support it, or else a singular pair of extremely long wings. But overall, it sounds rather exotic. I'd like to see more of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
/Fish/
Hero
Hero

PostSubject: Re: Quetzalcotal Naga   Tue May 05, 2009 3:28 pm

I've actually decided to do something with the concept a little while back, my design for a character being a nod to Quantum's ancient race based on the same concept in the Dinosaur Fauna thread:

http://felarya.forumotion.com/new-ideas-f2/dinosaur-fauna-t516-15.htm?highlight=dinosaur
The last post on that page

Obviously that design doesn't make a usable character or accessible race in practice.

This is Tuulikki, daughter of a quetzal harpy and my naga Monty, and best described as the result of some form of genetic engineering, not magically created or naturally evolved. Don't plan on elaborating too much about the exact cause until later, but I'll just say there were other factors involved with her conception than would at first appear so.

Like Quantum's quetzalli design, Tuulikki has full wings where her arms would be, not located as extra limbs. She has two claws each midway along them. Quetzal chicks are actually hatched with wing-claws, so she's not modeled after archeopteryx or any prehistoric creature, and has more in common with the bird and not the Quetzalcoatl mythology or Nksrocks' character, the demi-goddess Quetzal, who does.

Tuulikki was hatched with, and as of now possesses, a python-patterned snake tail, as genetically inherited. Does she have extra wings to provide lift? No. Does she have an innate magic to help her fly? Nada. Therefore her design flaw is to have no means of flying naturally, due to the laws of physics not permitting so. How she deals with this is what will be a a large part of her character development.

Since she's half harpy, she could potentially reproduce as such when she becomes an adult. That, is, if she survives to do so. There's likely to be other 'quetzalcoatl' nagas with a more successful design than hers, that's evolutionary competition. Since she's an established character of mine and relevant to the topic, I just thought it might be worth mentioning her here.

If there are to be other racial designs that are fleshed-out and in use, I tentatively dub her a Quetzikki to differentiate her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack

PostSubject: Re: Quetzalcotal Naga   Wed May 06, 2009 4:52 pm

do you have a concept art piece yet?
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=614917399
Quetzalcoatl
Helpless prey

PostSubject: Re: Quetzalcotal Naga   Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:02 am

Whoops, looks like I should have looked around first. sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements

PostSubject: Re: Quetzalcotal Naga   Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:07 am

That is just me: I like the idea of a Felaryan Quetzacotal, but I don't think it should be a sub-specie of Nagas. I think it should be a rare and dangerous beast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Quetzalcoatl
Helpless prey

PostSubject: Re: Quetzalcotal Naga   Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:41 am

Sean Okotami wrote:
That is just me: I like the idea of a Felaryan Quetzacotal, but I don't think it should be a sub-specie of Nagas. I think it should be a rare and dangerous beast.
You're right. Somebody add that to the Guardians list!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quetzalcotal Naga   

Back to top Go down

Quetzalcotal Naga
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: Idea forums :: Ideas discussion :: Nagas and Mermaids-
Jump to: