Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Race and vore

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Warrior3000
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Warrior3000

Race and vore Empty
PostSubject: Race and vore   Race and vore Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 1:07 am

Saw a topic on ekas about this, and I think we could use one.

You see, it seems to me that a majority of vore art and literature seems to either have very few, or completely lack "Minorities". The question is, why is that? I mean it may seem obvious, since Caucasians (white people) are the majority race, at least in places like the U.S and Canada. But is there something deeper than that? Are Cacuasians more prone to becoming voraphiles than other races? have alot of speculation, but really I dont know.

I myself am African-american (well actually American-African is more politically correct, but that besides the point) and I am the only african-american voraphile I know of. This thread is in no way meant to be racist (if it were I wouldnt bother being politically correct). It just seems to be an interesting topic to me.

any thoughts guys?
Back to top Go down
http://w-3-k.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Race and vore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race and vore   Race and vore Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 2:27 pm

Funny thing, I try to make sure my stories are equally ethnical as well. I guess I'm not that good at it. But I'll keep trying.
Back to top Go down
Siafu789
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Siafu789

Race and vore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race and vore   Race and vore Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 9:14 am

Perhaps I can offer a solution.

When I think of characters for any story, I don't start with concrete qualities: things like skin color, nationality, ethnicity, eye color, physical build, etc. Instead, I start with abstract qualities: intelligence, temperament, ethics, personality, sense of life, likes and dislikes, flaws, etc. After putting together a complete abstraction, I randomly pick out any of the concrete traits for that character.

While this is more difficult in visual art, it is possible to portray abstract qualities in a visual manner. The rules are the same, the application is different.
Back to top Go down
http://militant-prey.deviantart.com/
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

Race and vore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race and vore   Race and vore Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 9:49 am

I'd first like to say something: the Jurdean nomads in my story are sandy-colored, kinda...

Well, honestly, I've never thought hard about that sort of thing. Since I'm a psychology/sociology buff, I should look into it.
Back to top Go down
Feign
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
Feign

Race and vore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race and vore   Race and vore Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 11:45 am

Interestingly, in previous stories, Nephanim has been German, Russian, Haitian and now Arabic (from Morocco specifically, hence his Spanish accent)... I think through my various writings, Feign has been South African, Japanese, Native American and now European-bred New Englander (a descendant of William Randolf Carter, of HP Lovecraft fame).

In both cases, race is completely an afterthought. I just can't really make it important to a main character. With minor characters, somethimes it's just about their only distinguishing quality, though the minor characters are an afterthought altogether most times.

... On the internet, I go by either Feign or Nephanim almost interchangeably. And neither is anything similar to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Race and vore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race and vore   Race and vore Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Race and vore
Page 1 of 1