Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Working Both Ways

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Working Both Ways Empty
PostSubject: Working Both Ways   Working Both Ways Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 12:27 am

The predator sense, I'm not going to bother explaining it since all of you know of it. (If you don't, click here)
It seems to me that since predators developed a sense based of the magical field possessed by most life on Felarya, native humans and nekos (along with other native prey species) would have developed a defense.
Here's a suggestion as to what the defense could be:
We know that most life in Felarya possesses this magical field. Therefore predators must be able to differentiate between lifeforms, for example: A human and a tree. Since the strength of the field depends on the size of the being, the huge trees of the Felaryan jungles would possess a very strong field. What I'm suggesting is that a native human or neko standing close to a tree (or other non-aggressive life form) would be able to blend their magical field with the tree so that it is indistinguishable from the magical field of the tree.
Although, it would be interesting to see what would happen if someone tried to do it with a dryad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

Working Both Ways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working Both Ways   Working Both Ways Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 9:37 am

Anime-Junkie wrote:
The predator sense, I'm not going to bother explaining it since all of you know of it. (If you don't, click here)
It seems to me that since predators developed a sense based of the magical field possessed by most life on Felarya, native humans and nekos (along with other native prey species) would have developed a defense.
Here's a suggestion as to what the defense could be:
We know that most life in Felarya possesses this magical field. Therefore predators must be able to differentiate between lifeforms, for example: A human and a tree. Since the strength of the field depends on the size of the being, the huge trees of the Felaryan jungles would possess a very strong field. What I'm suggesting is that a native human or neko standing close to a tree (or other non-aggressive life form) would be able to blend their magical field with the tree so that it is indistinguishable from the magical field of the tree.
Although, it would be interesting to see what would happen if someone tried to do it with a dryad.

Yep, I could see some people finding ways around it. No sense is perfect, and the predator sense was redefined so that it WOULDNT be unbeatable.

Keep in mind, its really only nagas and fairies that can do it at all, with nagas being the most accurate with it. Its supposed to be a magical equivalent of a snake's thermal sense. Fairies are magically inclined anyway, so it makes sense they'd have a similar, if less powerful, version of it.

I imagine some people could, with practice figure out how to suppress their magical signature. But this would take a lot of practice and concentration to maintain. Its probably only a quick way to hide from an approaching predator.
Back to top Go down
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

Working Both Ways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working Both Ways   Working Both Ways Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 12:09 pm

rcs619 wrote:
Keep in mind, its really only nagas and fairies that can do it at all, with nagas being the most accurate with it. Its supposed to be a magical equivalent of a snake's thermal sense. Fairies are magically inclined anyway, so it makes sense they'd have a similar, if less powerful, version of it.

Now this suddenly helps me undertand something Crisis said to me the other day about Kat. Apparently Katrika feels "fuzzy" through predator sense as if Crisis is looking at her with her eyes half shut.
Back to top Go down
http://tanyastoviaka.deviantart.com/
EliteCreature
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
EliteCreature

Working Both Ways Empty
PostSubject: okay...   Working Both Ways Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:26 pm

i really don't understand...but okay....about the katrika and the fuzzy crisis....i do understand the predator sense though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Working Both Ways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working Both Ways   Working Both Ways Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Working Both Ways
Page 1 of 1