Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ozziomandyus

Go down 
+3
codaman
L'Ryn
KaixEros
7 posters
AuthorMessage
KaixEros
Helpless prey
KaixEros

Ozziomandyus Empty
PostSubject: Ozziomandyus   Ozziomandyus Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 4:15 pm

Name: Ozziomandyus
Race: Naga (Pit)
Height: 80 ft. (Head-Ground)
Skin color: Pale but starting to tan
Scale color: Deep ruby red with a pearl white underbelly
Hair color: Blood red

Physical Looks (by accounts of a Rosin Neko):

*the scene starts in the square were a young neko takes a deep breath, his face pale from his test of adulthood. He holds up a blood red scale and smiles a victor before starting to telling of his day*

Gather round my fellow kind, gather here to listen
of how I came to hold this scale like a gem see it glisten
My tale is short but don't retort for it doth mean so much
It is the day of which I say I escaped the demons clutch
His claws as sharp as razors
His Scales this ruby red
His hair the color of our blood
perhaps stained from the dead
His arms he doth have many
not two not three but four
His belly it doth rumble screaming more, More, MORE!
His fangs the size of swords
Betwix them a black forked tongue
It flicks and drags to find his prey
before he makes his lunge
I tell you now I tell you here
Just how much I was engrossed in fear
I strode his way only to hide
I'll say it here I hath no pride
But you must understand, my demand, to hide from this man
the man that crushed the ground in his very wake
For even though I hid, just as I did
Behind me I feel a quake
Then a gust of wind, that could rend skin
Followed by a snicker
His tongue it flicked, My face he licked, the vibrations causing a ticker
He picked me up betwixed his fingers and brought me to his face
I ran in fear, but did not steer, for he held my form in place
I gave up the fight but looked in fright, only to raise a brow
He was a naga with swords, belts of vials the size of beings, truly an oddity I know
He raised me up above his maw, I watched the sharp unhinging jaw and it hit me
How about a song I asked, surely he would not let this chance pass
He blinked a time, and mabye two before placing me in his palm
I sighed with relief and to my unbelief he handed me a snack
I started a tale of my friends and my foes and he smiled to me so softly
And far at the end I asked him "my friend" could I have a scale
He nodded his head and pulled the reddest of red from just so close to the tip
Then handed it to me and put a kiss to my cheek then told me enjoy my trip
Now I know not his name, nor his agenda my friends but truly he is quite odd
A naga with horns yet not as mean as the thorn *he ends the tale there as people start to complain and ask what really happened*

History:

Oz has had a rough past and is what one might consider a loner...... (HAHAHAHA LAME)

Born Ozziomandyus Xisveroshia Velkyra in a cave far from were he lives this day. He was raised by insectoid like creatures in the hopes that one day he would be able to fend off the naga that try to attack them. As a young snake he felt a bit out of place being raised by the things that his kind are supposed to hate or at least so the stereotype goes. However to him he did not see vile insect like beings but a family that cared for him, even if it was horridly obvious that they only cared for him in a pet like since. He was trained in basic combat, survival, stealth, and magical skills the later of the list taking a long time for him to even grasp though the concept of it came to him far faster than the talent.

By the age of sixty he had grown into a wonderful guard dog indeed by the insectoids standards and had taken down a few of the intruding beings such as the three naga that attempted entrance into his home. Since he had never really made much contact with a naga outside of a fight he had no problem with devouring them just as he did anything that came into the mouth of the cave, but from time to time a delicacy would enter the cave such as an elemental or a lost spirit. However after his sixty years of guarding his family they chose now as the time for there "child" to be set into the world, this was mostly because of the fact when Oz killed something it was quite a horrific mess and he did not differ between friend and foe.

So with a sad goodbye he left his family setting out into the world only to hide in the shade of a large tree in the forest for his first 2 years adjusting to the light of the sun. His ability of magic began to improve slowly though for the most part he kept to his shaman rituals over straight magic ability. He did not like most go for one ability but tried to slowly adapt himself to many, this has limited his ability to use stronger magics greatly however he sees it as a price to pay for the vast pool of knowledge he will have gained by learning multiple arts.

By the age of seventy he has began to wonder farther away from his home, having eaten most of the available food source in the area. He came across a smaller naga only a bit taller than a human and the two of them became close friends only for her to die a short time later when a group of humans attacked her while he was not near. The next day he slithered his way to the town going through the homes and tossing them over to pick out the women and children, killing them in front of the men before slithering away. It was not out of anger that he did this, but out of balance. These humans had taken the thing he had come to care for, so he shall take what they care for.

Years passed before he bonded with anyone again and it never did really feel quite the same even though he honestly tried to be kind to others he couldn't help seeing her face in them. He traveled into the wood were the phantom elves live and did a few deeds for them eating the spirits that plagued them for the time as it seemed a small group of them had gotten out of hand. The bond between him and the few elves was not solid but more one of need, he was hungry and they were under attack.

Once he had turned eighty he began to bond with others again seeming to find the Rosin Neko tribe of interest after encountering a young and adorable neko out to prove himself to the world. He slithered around the tribe listening to there music as they played. He always loved music and in all honestly he did have a wonderful voice...it was just that he had never thought of a need for it... but here, here he found the joy of tales and song that he had neglected this time past. One night he began to sing a soft tune outside of the tribes land only to be listened in on by a group of young neko who had scampered away into the woods. The night began uneasy as they were called out and slowly slinked there way in front of Oz but soon turned into an enjoyable one as they ate, sang songs, and told stories of there times. The neko's were astonished by the fact they were not being digested right now but still thought that Oz was a bit of a weirdo for not eating them if that makes any since at all.

After that night he slithered off to find more people of his own kind seeing as he had hardly seen any naga since his departure from the caves so long ago. Now at the age of one hundred he stalks the great tree and the forest around it, watching the four or so naga that reside there and calculating there movements, agendas, habits. He is shy to meet new people of his own kind (or at least sub-kin) but cant help seeing them as potential prey...for the moment.

Magic:

Oz can use magic yes but his grasp on it is still in the low key area when it comes to straight finger wiggling. He understands it just fine but the fact he is trying to learn several types makes it hard for him to excel in the art but he instead slowly grows over time accepting that he will have a grasp on it mabye in the next hundred years if he is lucky.He is however good at things such as alchemy, very good at it in fact however this is only because of the fact that with Alchemy he does not have to draw as much energy from himself, this is were his large understanding of the weave and shamanism works with him.

The downside to this is the fact that alchemy takes a while to prepare and therefore he can do very little if caught without his gear. It is not a normal thing to see Oz throw a spell at something because he simply doesn't know how. He has learned though how to radiate the energy through his body into a concentrated state, some might consider this more difficult but to him doing the baby steps of releasing a ball of lightning is like trying to not eat for a month.

He has a wide range of magic that he can do even if it is just simple things, his major magical abilities lie in Flame,Lightning,Darkness, and Earth...though this means hardly a thing when compared to a naga that focuses on one ability. As for the spells he can currently cast without alchemical help they are very raw and short ranged unless he is using his bow.

Most of the time however he will not use magic but alchemical attachments such as poisons, blasting agents, gas, and little trinkets that he has come up with to improve the works of a simple item such as a sword, bow, punch, vision, etc.

Weapons:

4- Katana (two per side)
1- long bow (Collapses and is on his side)
?- small orbs
1- Long metal pipe collapsed into three pieces

Note: Naga are not war like beings but Oz likes to stay prepared since he was raised that way. He is not the first to draw a weapon but will never be the last.

Items commonly carried:

2- pocket belts
1- Chest cross belt (holds vials & small scrolls)
1- Large scroll

if there is anything you would like me to include about him just let me know

Last edited by KaixEros on Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:10 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

Ozziomandyus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozziomandyus   Ozziomandyus Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 4:35 pm

Errr...

First, please shrink the picture some. And is it even yours? I don't think we're allowed to use pics that aren't ours without referencing who it's from.
Back to top Go down
KaixEros
Helpless prey
KaixEros

Ozziomandyus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozziomandyus   Ozziomandyus Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 4:41 pm

picture has been edited, credits have been given
Back to top Go down
codaman
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

Ozziomandyus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozziomandyus   Ozziomandyus Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 4:52 pm

sounds like a good character to me... would hate to run into him..
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

Ozziomandyus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozziomandyus   Ozziomandyus Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 5:11 pm

Hmm... Jirokatsu has a giant naga by the name of Kai.

http://jirokatsu.deviantart.com/art/Jerid-s-Photo-Album-Kai-R-M-115010548

And just recently someone else created a naga named Flare after there was already a Flare. >>
Something best avoided really.

Will comment on your naga's character later; could only do a scan-through now, seems interesting.

(But, even for reference, it isn't advisable to use someone else's work to illustrate your own. That takes away some from the uniqueness of your own character.)
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

Ozziomandyus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozziomandyus   Ozziomandyus Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 5:38 pm

Quote :
Hmm... Jirokatsu has a giant naga by the name of Kai.

http://jirokatsu.deviantart.com/art/Jerid-s-Photo-Album-Kai-R-M-115010548

Plus Kaiman also as a naga named Kai.

.... This is gonna get confusing, aint it?

Regardless, this isn't a bad character. Not my type, but not bad.
Back to top Go down
KaixEros
Helpless prey
KaixEros

Ozziomandyus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozziomandyus   Ozziomandyus Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 11:09 pm

has been updated..name has been changed..pic for ref. taken down..will see what I can do till I get my software up
Back to top Go down
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

Ozziomandyus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozziomandyus   Ozziomandyus Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 11:16 pm

KaixEros wrote:
has been updated..name has been changed..pic for ref. taken down..will see what I can do till I get my software up

Now he sounds like a Watchman character.
Must investigate further.
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

Ozziomandyus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozziomandyus   Ozziomandyus Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 1:39 am

L'Ryn wrote:
KaixEros wrote:

Now he sounds like a Watchman character.

Ozymandias, right?

He could always say it's the Greek form of pharaoh Ramses II's name - from which Alan Moore took the name for the character's heroic alias -, but still people will remember Adrian Veit more than Ramses II.
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
KaixEros
Helpless prey
KaixEros

Ozziomandyus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozziomandyus   Ozziomandyus Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 6:59 am

actually I have never seen Watchmen...I just used an old made up D&D character of mines name but that's..odd..hm alright then..need to change it again?
Back to top Go down
KaixEros
Helpless prey
KaixEros

Ozziomandyus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozziomandyus   Ozziomandyus Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 8:09 am

Updated...weapons list added..magic ability lightly fleshed out to show it is not overpowered.
Back to top Go down
vegeta002
Hero
Hero
vegeta002

Ozziomandyus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozziomandyus   Ozziomandyus Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 10:36 am

KaixEros wrote:
The next day he slithered his way to the town going through the homes and tossing them over to pick out the women and children, killing them in front of the men before slithering away. It was not out of anger that he did this, but out of balance. These humans had taken the thing he had come to care for, so he shall take what they care for.

Just the people responsible, or did he attack any house?
Back to top Go down
http://vegeta002.deviantart.com/
KaixEros
Helpless prey
KaixEros

Ozziomandyus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozziomandyus   Ozziomandyus Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 10:38 am

the people responsible. He only cared about balance.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

Ozziomandyus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozziomandyus   Ozziomandyus Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 1:10 pm

Ok, I'm sorry, but that makes him evil, which it's pretty clear is something you're not going for.

I have ALWAYS hated the whole objectification of one's families. There is NO excuse for punishing one person for what someone else did. That is literally the same as an evil overlord grabbing a pistol, screaming at his general "And this is the price of failure!", then shooting a random underling.

It's pretty clear that you want a true neutral character, yet with that, he's displaying neutral evil tendencies.
Back to top Go down
KaixEros
Helpless prey
KaixEros

Ozziomandyus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozziomandyus   Ozziomandyus Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 1:24 pm

ahh yeah but you have the fact that he has also killed his own kind...I was not interested in alignment because of the views upon it...that was his excuse for what he did
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

Ozziomandyus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozziomandyus   Ozziomandyus Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 1:29 pm

See, how here's where I have to voice a long time pet peeve of mine.

Making likable protagonists is hard. Making likable Felaryan protagonists is even harder. But when you take a character who knowingly punishes people by killing someone who had nothing to do with whatever crime against him was committed, we wind up with an unlikable asshole who the audience is eager to see killed.
Back to top Go down
KaixEros
Helpless prey
KaixEros

Ozziomandyus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozziomandyus   Ozziomandyus Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 1:32 pm

*sighs* yes but there is a problem faced by your view in that
1. who is going to know..it isnt like he is going to right off tell anyone
2. you are in a world centered around eating people alive...
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

Ozziomandyus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozziomandyus   Ozziomandyus Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 1:35 pm

Quote :
1. who is going to know..it isnt like he is going to right off tell anyone

WE, the audience, will you. You know, we being the only people who's opinions on his actions matter.

Quote :
2. you are in a world centered around eating people alive...

With an INCREDIBLY high concentration of unlikable, poorly written, downright nauseating characters.

If someone were to make a big, red button that would instantly destroy Felarya, I would be able to count the number of characters I would genuinely miss on my fingers.
Back to top Go down
KaixEros
Helpless prey
KaixEros

Ozziomandyus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozziomandyus   Ozziomandyus Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 1:39 pm

yes you have the fact you can read part of his history like a book but that does not make it to were your character knows it instantly..this is why I originally left a lot of his history out and still have. If you take the fact that he did it 20 years ago perhaps one can think mabye his views have changed a bit..mabye they havn't..thats why there is any fun in meeting a character at all..to see how they have developed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ozziomandyus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozziomandyus   Ozziomandyus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ozziomandyus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: Idea forums :: Character discussion-
Jump to: