Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Baron Von Humbert...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
A Friend
Helpless prey
A Friend

Baron Von Humbert... Empty
PostSubject: Baron Von Humbert...   Baron Von Humbert... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:50 pm

...at your service!

You may address me as Baron, or simply a Friend. I am a friend to those who seek one, but a stranger for those who need not a companion.

Name: Baron Von Humbert

Species: Human

Height: 6' 2"

Appearance: Baron is always seen walking with a cane. A simple blue cane with a rounded ball at the top. Baron wears a nice blue suit and a blue top hat. He has brown colored eyes and dark red hair. His cane is made of a strong stainless metal, but lightweight enough to carry around. It is used for style, and weaponry. Baron is very athletic and smart.

Baron is a mysterious character. He is not affiliated with one group of people, and is willing to help all that come to him. He only asks that you do not eat him, and in return, he shall help you overcome any goal that you might have.

Baron has a terrible fear of Dridders. He has a very big soft spot for Nekos though. Baron wishes that one day he can settle down with a nice Neko and start a small family in a safe village.

He has no particular reason to be in Felarya, except for his curiosity.

There is not much history behind this character. He comes and goes as he pleases, but he certainly knows his place in the world. He is a wealthy man, but prefers to buy his items through trade. The one thing he will never give up is his tophat and cane.

I hope you all accept Baron into your world, and that you don't eat him.
Back to top Go down
Sillysausage
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Sillysausage

PostSubject: Re: Baron Von Humbert...   Baron Von Humbert... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 5:27 pm

I think you need to flesh him out a bit. He seems to be a very average human, and I doubt an efficent and hungry predator would be at all interested in any help that he might be able to offer. And as for the Driderphobic bit... well, driders are seen my nearly everyone as nasty and scary, it seems a pity he doesn't differ from that at all. Not to mention that driders seem to be one of the pred species that are more likely to make deals with humans.

I like how he's 32, you don't see many Felaryan characters above the age of 20 or so, and his clothes sound nice too. Hope to see more of him!
Back to top Go down
http://ironkitty.deviantart.com/
A Friend
Helpless prey
A Friend

PostSubject: Re: Baron Von Humbert...   Baron Von Humbert... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 7:31 pm

Well, I'm still developing the character.

So as I RP and get some more ideas about him, I'll add some more stuff. But thanks for the reply!
Back to top Go down
Flare
Survivor
Survivor
Flare

PostSubject: Re: Baron Von Humbert...   Baron Von Humbert... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 11:43 pm

Very vanilla...Nothing really stands out. Though I get a G-manesque feeling from him.
Back to top Go down
Sillysausage
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Sillysausage

PostSubject: Re: Baron Von Humbert...   Baron Von Humbert... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 1:51 am

A Friend wrote:

So as I RP and get some more ideas about him, I'll add some more stuff. But thanks for the reply!

Well, if a character isn't finished, it's better if you either clearly say it's incomplete, or just never submit them until you're confident they're finished, otherwise people will assume it's a complete idea and critique it as such.

Also, I might think about changing the name. Von means from, and is/was used to indicate where someone was born, so unless he comes from a place called Humbert (Which isn't a very common place name) it makes about as much sense as calling him Baron of Fred, which is kinda weird.

Also, there's a character called Baron Humbert von Gikkingen who's name is veeery similar to his, though it could be coincidental.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Baron Von Humbert...   Baron Von Humbert... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 1:52 am

Sillysausage wrote:
I think you need to flesh him out a bit. He seems to be a very average human, and I doubt an efficent and hungry predator would be at all interested in any help that he might be able to offer. And as for the Driderphobic bit... well, driders are seen my nearly everyone as nasty and scary, it seems a pity he doesn't differ from that at all. Not to mention that driders seem to be one of the pred species that are more likely to make deals with humans.

I like how he's 32, you don't see many Felaryan characters above the age of 20 or so, and his clothes sound nice too. Hope to see more of him!

I think the reason you don't see many older than 20 is that not many live that long. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
vegeta002
Hero
Hero
vegeta002

PostSubject: Re: Baron Von Humbert...   Baron Von Humbert... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 5:28 am

Sillysausage wrote:
And as for the Driderphobic bit... well, driders are seen my nearly everyone as nasty and scary, it seems a pity he doesn't differ from that at all. Not to mention that driders seem to be one of the pred species that are more likely to make deals with humans.

That's the downside to their reputation.
Back to top Go down
http://vegeta002.deviantart.com/
A Friend
Helpless prey
A Friend

PostSubject: Re: Baron Von Humbert...   Baron Von Humbert... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 11:29 am

Sillysausage wrote:
A Friend wrote:

Well, if a character isn't finished, it's better if you either clearly say it's incomplete, or just never submit them until you're confident they're finished, otherwise people will assume it's a complete idea and critique it as such.

Also, I might think about changing the name. Von means from, and is/was used to indicate where someone was born, so unless he comes from a place called Humbert (Which isn't a very common place name) it makes about as much sense as calling him Baron of Fred, which is kinda weird.

Also, there's a character called Baron Humbert von Gikkingen who's name is veeery similar to his, though it could be coincidental.

I was unaware that Von means "from" and yes, I did take my name from The Cat Returns. I don't think I'm going to change the name though.

My character is just a pretty average human. I mean, there's all these mystical beasts and monsters with magical powers. Why not throw an average guy in there that has to survive off his wits?
Back to top Go down
Sillysausage
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Sillysausage

PostSubject: Re: Baron Von Humbert...   Baron Von Humbert... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 7:21 am

A Friend wrote:

I was unaware that Von means "from" and yes, I did take my name from The Cat Returns. I don't think I'm going to change the name though.

My character is just a pretty average human. I mean, there's all these mystical beasts and monsters with magical powers. Why not throw an average guy in there that has to survive off his wits?

Well, there are actually quite a few 'average human' characters who get by some way or other. This guy doesn't seem particularly special or skilled though, so most predators would just eat him without a second thought, it's kinda their thing. IMO, he probably should stay well away from predators and stick to befriending human-sized creatures, otherwise he's just asking for it.
Back to top Go down
A Friend
Helpless prey
A Friend

PostSubject: Re: Baron Von Humbert...   Baron Von Humbert... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 8:48 pm

Well, let's see...

I've already ran into a Dridder that hasn't eaten me, and thanks to that Dridder, I won't be food for a Naga or Fairy.

I'll do my best to survive!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baron Von Humbert...   Baron Von Humbert... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baron Von Humbert...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: Idea forums :: Character discussion-
Jump to: