Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dementia Succubi

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wildthing
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Wildthing

Dementia Succubi Empty
PostSubject: Dementia Succubi   Dementia Succubi Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 11:45 am

(Singular: Dementia)
(Plural: Dementia)
Average Height: Around 5 foot
Average Life Span: Unknown

Notable Physical Features: Dementia Succubi are considered petite by most standards due to their general short height and wiry frame. To compensate for this they tend to have overly large wings for their size which they can use to make themselves look more intimidating to others. All Dementia have thin black horns which curve around from the forehead to just over the ears of the Succubi. They tend to have grey tinged skin although variations can occur; black hair is also common.

Notable Magical Features: Dementia Succubi are renowned for having no offensive or defensive magic of any kind. Instead they rely on illusions and a form of mind reading that they possess. Their mind reading allows probing of basic things such as current emotions, likes, dislikes and fears. These can then be manipulated into illusions that the Dementia can cast into the targets mind. It is important to note that the Dementia have no control of the actual images they cast, only of what the desired effect of those illusions would be. The only people that can see these illusions are the victim and the Dementia herself. The Dementia are therefore forced to manipulate their target through elaborate use of mind screws rather than brute force.

Race Overview: The Dementia tend to be more manipulative than even their fellow demons. Unfortunately for them, the majority of their population are completely insane. The ability to see what the target is seeing has a negative effect on their sanity, most Dementia of any respectable age have long since descended into madness with varied results between them. This means they are a dying race, very few remain and even then, most nobles of Hell can find very few uses for them. It is a rumour that a couple of upper class nobles use them as a form of punishment to give an example.
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

Dementia Succubi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dementia Succubi   Dementia Succubi Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 4:52 pm

I'll come back and go into detail on this, but it's a promising idea. Lately, I have been saying we need more and varied types of demons.
Back to top Go down
http://silenteric.deviantart.com/
Wildthing
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Wildthing

Dementia Succubi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dementia Succubi   Dementia Succubi Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 11:18 am

Thanks, my main aim of this subspecies is to make succubi a little more villanous, they doing a rather poor job of it at the minute Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
timing2
timing2

Dementia Succubi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dementia Succubi   Dementia Succubi Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 12:13 pm

I plan on having a succubus in a future story involving Galya, that I've talked with racemaster7 about. She would have a minor role, text wise, but her impact on the story is major. And she is definitely a villain type - not very nice either (though at least her victims die happy). Smile

So most of the population of these succubi are completely insane? Makes you wonder though, if a few have managed to push through and remain sane (either by willpower or some other means). If so, they would make for some incredibly dangerous foes as they grow older and more experienced.
Back to top Go down
http://timing2.deviantart.com
Wildthing
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Wildthing

Dementia Succubi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dementia Succubi   Dementia Succubi Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:14 pm

timing2 wrote:
I plan on having a succubus in a future story involving Galya, that I've talked with racemaster7 about. She would have a minor role, text wise, but her impact on the story is major. .

I look foreward to reading it Very Happy

timing2 wrote:
And she is definitely a villain type - not very nice either (though at least her victims die happy). Smile .

That's what I feel the best/worst thing about these is, they don't kill 'em off, at least outright. They generally leave their victims are wrecked shells, which I feel is just about the worst thing that can happen to someone.

timing2 wrote:
So most of the population of these succubi are completely insane? Makes you wonder though, if a few have managed to push through and remain sane (either by willpower or some other means). If so, they would make for some incredibly dangerous foes as they grow older and more experienced .

The sane ones of this subspecies tend to be the younger ones, although a sane experienced one would be something to fear. For me though, I'll be using a good old insane one. I do love my insane villains, there my favourite type of villain.
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

Dementia Succubi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dementia Succubi   Dementia Succubi Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 5:39 pm

It's a really good idea. The only problem I see is that it doesn't have to be a succubus. I mean, why not make them a different type of demon? It has it's own unique abilities, and has nothing in common with other succubi, so I think it could be a new species of demon.

And we really need more species of demons.
Back to top Go down
http://silenteric.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Dementia Succubi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dementia Succubi   Dementia Succubi Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 11:10 am

this idea of worst fear/phobias is classical but very efficient I think .
and I agree with Silent Eric here, it would works especially well with creatures like demons ^^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
French snack
French snack

Dementia Succubi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dementia Succubi   Dementia Succubi Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 11:23 am

I really like the fact that they can't rely on physical force, and have to manipulate minds, with the double handicap of not being able to fully control the effects, and of descending into madness in the process themselves. The result is creatures that have great weaknesses, and yet are highly dangerous.

The process of one of these succubi witnessing the images, and trying to work with them bit by bit, would be fascinating to see described.
Back to top Go down
Wildthing
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Wildthing

Dementia Succubi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dementia Succubi   Dementia Succubi Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 12:48 pm

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate them alot Very Happy. I had a quick browse through wikipedia and it was rather unhelpful for giving me differant types of demons I can rip off Razz. It has loads for angels, seraphim, cherubin and so on but for demons it basically lists incubii, sucubii and the devil. Bah, this is the 1st time good 'ol wikipedia has failed me Sad. If it's ok, any help would be appreciated in pointing out some good ones help

Oh, and before I forget, I didn't choose succubi just because that's what everyone does. The species was designed around a character who I desperatly need to give a name to and follows my theory that insane villains should be of two types:
1- Predominantly male, insane, quirky, has some sort of goal in general however little is held to and will generally be in charge of some goons no matter however a bad boss they would be. e.g. The Joker
2- Predominantly female although children are common. Excess creepy is required and they tend to be loners to a much greater extent and seem to have no goal other than entertaining themselves. e.g. Aforementioned nameless character Very Happy.

Succubi just suited the role of no. 2 so I went with it, although I'll gladly change it if needs be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dementia Succubi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dementia Succubi   Dementia Succubi Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dementia Succubi
Page 1 of 1