Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

anaconda naga's?

Go down 
+5
/Fish/
timing2
Anime-Junkie
Oldman40k2003
Reptillian
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

anaconda naga's? Empty
PostSubject: anaconda naga's?   anaconda naga's? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 7:09 am

do we have those in felarya???
Back to top Go down
http://snicer.deviantart.com/
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

anaconda naga's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anaconda naga's?   anaconda naga's? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 7:12 am

What's the difference between a regular Felaryan naga and a "anaconda naga"?
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

anaconda naga's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anaconda naga's?   anaconda naga's? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 7:18 am

Oldman40K2003 wrote:
The only difference I can think of is a preference to constrict their prey and an anaconda pattern on their tail
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
timing2
timing2

anaconda naga's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anaconda naga's?   anaconda naga's? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 8:19 am

The wiki does not differentiate between venomous and non-venomous varieties.

My naga Galya is not an anaconda naga, but she is a constrictor type (she has no fangs or venom).

I'm certain there are other constrictor nagas in stories, but they are much rarer than venomous ones.
Back to top Go down
http://timing2.deviantart.com
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

anaconda naga's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anaconda naga's?   anaconda naga's? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 10:01 am

Constricting is something many nagas do. Others don't tend do. Have venom, or don't. They are not classified by those kinds of things, however. Monty is a constricting naga with a tail that resembles a python's, but that hardly makes him stand out as a separate species. Calling him a 'python naga' can mean that there is a human sized naga that has a tail pattern that matches his. Yet they are clearly seperate species based on other factors.

It's a good way of describing a character's physical traits or alluding to what abilities they do or don't, but the importance of defining them as one type of snake in the mind of 'different species' doesn't make too much sense, when the very differing types of nagas do not rely on such a definition.

Nagas (human sized), giant nagas, hydranagas, diamond nagas, pit nagas, gorgons.

That said, anacondas are really cool snakes. I don't know if anyone has based their character on one.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

anaconda naga's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anaconda naga's?   anaconda naga's? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 10:15 am

I believe Malika is based on an Anaconda.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

anaconda naga's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anaconda naga's?   anaconda naga's? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:25 pm

i'm asking, cause i think it would be good to have a defined species of naga, with "The longest tail"^^
Back to top Go down
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

anaconda naga's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anaconda naga's?   anaconda naga's? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 4:14 pm

Anime-Junkie wrote:
Oldman40K2003 wrote:
The only difference I can think of is a preference to constrict their prey and an anaconda pattern on their tail

Lol glad to be included in your icon. I don't play nice with others =P
Back to top Go down
http://melancholy-melody.deviantart.com/
timing2
timing2

anaconda naga's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anaconda naga's?   anaconda naga's? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 8:56 am

Karbo wrote:
I believe Malika is based on an Anaconda.
You are correct, as turboman500's recent story involving her very clearly spelled out her origins.

Reptillian wrote:
i'm asking, cause i think it would be good to have a defined species of naga, with "The longest tail"^^
Sounds like you want a Felarya Book of Records to keep track of such things. "Could you spread out and lay still while we verify your measurement, Mr. Naga? And please, do not swallow the adjudicator." Laughing A naga such as Byoki-Desu's Angela, due to her extremely large size, would probably have the longest tail.
Back to top Go down
http://timing2.deviantart.com
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

anaconda naga's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anaconda naga's?   anaconda naga's? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 2:22 pm

timing2 wrote:
Reptillian wrote:
Sounds like you want a Felarya Book of Records to keep track of such things. "Could you spread out and lay still while we verify your measurement, Mr. Naga? And please, do not swallow the adjudicator." Laughing A naga such as Byoki-Desu's Angela, due to her extremely large size, would probably have the longest tail.
size wise, she would yes... but i'm thinking a species that would have the propotionally longest tail, without just being because of massive size.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

anaconda naga's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anaconda naga's?   anaconda naga's? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 9:00 pm

Reptillian wrote:
timing2 wrote:
Reptillian wrote:
size wise, she would yes... but i'm thinking a species that would have the propotionally longest tail, without just being because of massive size.

I imagine constrictor-based nagas would generally have proportionately longer tails. The "average" tail ratio, going by Crisis and Anna is what I like to call the 1/3 ratio. This is where 1/3 of the naga's total length is held upright, with 2/3 on the ground. With Crisis' head to ground average height of 75ft, that means she is roughly 225ft long.

(I got these proportions by looking at the side view of her in her bio. One of the only full views of her we get. Her tail to upright ratio came out to be almost exactly 1/3 upright 2/3 on the ground)

The 1/3 ratio seems to be the most common, as people often use Crisis as a representation of the average naga, and base their's around her. The next most common ratio is what I like to call the 1/4 ratio. I use this for my naga, Fiona. I imagine other, longer-tailed nagas would apply to this too. This is where 1/4 of the naga's total length is held upright, with 3/4 on the ground. This means that the tail is proportionately longer than a 1/3 rule naga. Fiona, for example, has a height of 73 feet, which means that altogether she is roughly 292ft long.

I imagine that constrictor-based nagas in general would tend to apply to the 1/4 rule, granting them longer, and more powerful tails than other nagas. Katrika, for example is 60-ish feet tall, but is always described as having a longer tail than Crisis, meaning she has a proportionately longer tail. Zoekin has never explicitly stater Kat's proportions though.

I hope my point hasn't been lost among all the numbers ^^;

1/3 rule (Crisis, Anna, etc):

__ __ / <- upright portion (human half, and tail portion that supports it) 75ft
^
tail 150ft 75+150 = 225ft in total length

1/4 rule (Fiona):

__ __ __ / <- upright portion (human half, and tail portion that supports it) 73ft
^
tail 219ft 73+219 = 292ft in total length
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

anaconda naga's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anaconda naga's?   anaconda naga's? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 2:31 am

rcs619 wrote:
Reptillian wrote:
timing2 wrote:
Reptillian wrote:

I imagine constrictor-based nagas would generally have proportionately longer tails. The "average" tail ratio, going by Crisis and Anna is what I like to call the 1/3 ratio. This is where 1/3 of the naga's total length is held upright, with 2/3 on the ground. With Crisis' head to ground average height of 75ft, that means she is roughly 225ft long.

(I got these proportions by looking at the side view of her in her bio. One of the only full views of her we get. Her tail to upright ratio came out to be almost exactly 1/3 upright 2/3 on the ground)

The 1/3 ratio seems to be the most common, as people often use Crisis as a representation of the average naga, and base their's around her. The next most common ratio is what I like to call the 1/4 ratio. I use this for my naga, Fiona. I imagine other, longer-tailed nagas would apply to this too. This is where 1/4 of the naga's total length is held upright, with 3/4 on the ground. This means that the tail is proportionately longer than a 1/3 rule naga. Fiona, for example, has a height of 73 feet, which means that altogether she is roughly 292ft long.

I imagine that constrictor-based nagas in general would tend to apply to the 1/4 rule, granting them longer, and more powerful tails than other nagas. Katrika, for example is 60-ish feet tall, but is always described as having a longer tail than Crisis, meaning she has a proportionately longer tail. Zoekin has never explicitly stater Kat's proportions though.

I hope my point hasn't been lost among all the numbers ^^;

1/3 rule (Crisis, Anna, etc):

__ __ / <- upright portion (human half, and tail portion that supports it) 75ft
^
tail 150ft 75+150 = 225ft in total length

1/4 rule (Fiona):

__ __ __ / <- upright portion (human half, and tail portion that supports it) 73ft
^
tail 219ft 73+219 = 292ft in total length
so what about a race who would have... say, 1/6 or 1/7 rule???
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

anaconda naga's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anaconda naga's?   anaconda naga's? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 10:22 am

I dont know. I think at some point you start to become too long for your own good. That's a lot of extra body to keep up with, and a lot of extra weight. The snake portion of a naga is where most of the weight is at. Its all just muscle and bone. A naga with that long of a tail probably would start to weigh close to 1000 tons, considering an average sized one would be somewhere around 400-500 tons. So, living in the trees is fairly out of the question for them, and that severely limits their options.

I think at some point, it just becomes unwieldy and detrimental to the naga. The tail needs to be balanced. 1/3 and 1/4 type nagas have a fairly good balance between tail and torso. Any shorter than 1/3 and it starts to seem odd looking and too much longer than 1/4 and their tails start to get pretty unwieldy.
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

anaconda naga's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anaconda naga's?   anaconda naga's? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 11:20 am

I really don't think living in trees would be a problem. They would just have to use the trunk and more than one brach as support. And there are always many other places to live in felarya than trees, like caves, holes, clearings or simply just in the mountains.

what do you mean, they start getting unwieldy???
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

anaconda naga's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anaconda naga's?   anaconda naga's? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 11:57 am

Reptillian wrote:
I really don't think living in trees would be a problem. They would just have to use the trunk and more than one brach as support. And there are always many other places to live in felarya than trees, like caves, holes, clearings or simply just in the mountains.

what do you mean, they start getting unwieldy???

Like how an eighteen wheeler handles worse than a pick-up Truck....or how a battleship handles worse than a speedboat. Its just a lot more to keep up with and manuver around. It would make movement more difficult, especially in tight areas.
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

anaconda naga's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anaconda naga's?   anaconda naga's? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 1:05 pm

but wheels aren't body parts, so of course they are harder to manuver... but a tail is part of you. beside, have you ever seen a anaconda having trouble getting around??? they are some of the most agile.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

anaconda naga's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anaconda naga's?   anaconda naga's? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 2:19 pm

Reptillian wrote:
but wheels aren't body parts, so of course they are harder to manuver... but a tail is part of you. beside, have you ever seen a anaconda having trouble getting around??? they are some of the most agile.

Sure, and we could just stretch a naga until it starts to look like Jörmungandr.

__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ /

__ __ __ __ /

1/5 actually seems okay to me, although I don't think you'd see the arboreal type at that ratio. I wouldn't go far past that, for reasons rsc619 already stated. I suppose Monty goes by the 1/4 ratio, now that I think about it. 1/6 or longer just gets silly.
Back to top Go down
observer88
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
observer88

anaconda naga's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anaconda naga's?   anaconda naga's? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 3:15 pm

Reptillian wrote:
In the water that is.

BTW, anacondas aren't known to be the longest (reticulated pythons are), but they do have more muscle on them.
Back to top Go down
http://observer88.deviantart.com/
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

anaconda naga's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anaconda naga's?   anaconda naga's? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 5:12 pm

observer88 wrote:
Reptillian wrote:
In the water that is.

BTW, anacondas aren't known to be the longest (reticulated pythons are), but they do have more muscle on them.
wrong. pythons have a shorter AVERAGE length^^ they might have the record for longest snake ever found, but that is a single snake, not a species.

EDIT: ok my bad, you were right ^^'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

anaconda naga's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anaconda naga's?   anaconda naga's? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

anaconda naga's?
Page 1 of 1