Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is Notys Atlas?

Go down 
+10
Karbo
zalzas
Stabs
Jætte_Troll
Archmage_Bael
ZionAtriedes
gwadahunter2222
French snack
/Fish/
rphb
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

Is Notys Atlas? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Notys Atlas?   Is Notys Atlas? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:08 pm

rcs619 wrote:
@ Rave

There's no such rule against giant weapons. Its mentioned in the wiki, for example, that Dridders are known for being fond of making weapons and armor for themselves.

Most preds just don't do it because they either don't have the raw materials, or the knowledge to forge things (or they just don't have the need for them). Now, forged things would be more common the the more advanced Pred cultures, like the fairy kingdom and the dridder forest.

The average pred living in the jungle would probably just have simple tools. Maybe a stone or bone hatchet...possibly a spear. Really just what they can make out of the materials on hand.
Oh okay. It was just that someone else said that you couldn't have things like giant sized bows. Which is most likely true in reality.
Back to top Go down
rphb
Helpless prey

PostSubject: Re: Is Notys Atlas?   Is Notys Atlas? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 4:41 pm

[quote="Raveolution"]
rphb wrote:
The binding rule in this universe is a fetish. Everything is consistent with that.

I’m not so sure, personally I’m not into vore at all, it doesn’t bother me, unlike other fetichs like BDSM and pedophilia for reasons that are more or less obvious. I don’t say I don’t have a fetichs, I’m trying to collect them in fact. My primary interest is the nagas. But that’s beside the point. By point is, that no matter what the theme is, it must be consistent, both with itself, and with the external logic.

[quote="Raveolution"]
rphb wrote:

So basically she wouldn't be able to alter the rules of logic because she's a god, not God. A lesser deity, somewhere approximate to the level of the "Q" continuum.

I tried to tell you not to make this a discussion about theology because it is a very complicated subject in metaphysics. I won’t go into detail but if you insist I will give you a proper explanation. God is not a deity, or if we do call him a deity then there can only be one deity. I used the word god about Notys because I find it more practical to define a god as:

“1) Any being able to totally rejuvenate itself perfectly unlimited times, from even a severely damaged body where the body itself is nearly indestructible.
2) Having so great control over the external environment that it is able to shape it to its will instead of being forced to adapt.
AND
3) being able to exist beyond the normal physical boundaries by having more then one body at once that it is able to control simultaneously, in short being able to create avatars”

God on the other hand, have totally different characteristic, it should be noted that that omniscient and omnipotent are not in the definition of “a god”. These words along with all others regarding God is theological and metaphysical, and should never be used outside a philosophical context.

If you want it vary very simple, there is an absolute difference between God and a mortal, but only a relative difference between a mortal an a god.

[quote="Raveolution"]
rphb wrote:

I don't see the Guardians letting there be a conflict that would tear the world apart. Is Karbo planning for some such conflict?

As I have been saying all along, (and I hope you don’t ask more theological question, but only story related ones) then yes, I believe that that is exactly what Karbo is planning. It has been plain from the start. It’s the only reason why Notys resurrected Anna and gave her the body of a naga. Lesona are trying to get the means to change Felarya, destying the predators and the guardians. What she don’t know is that Notys is the only one keeping the planet from imploding and poling all the worlds it is connected to into a giant black hole. As I deducted earlier, Notys is Atlas, she is the one that keeps the heavens from falling.
The guardians would be paralyzed and everything would be in a disarray. Nemyra and Quaz would be the first to fall, by using there own abilities against them.
This all leads up to a climatic conclusion, where Anna plays a crucial part.

That’s my guess anyway and I don’t think it is totally out in the blue.
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Is Notys Atlas?   Is Notys Atlas? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 4:59 pm

Why is Rave's argument all have to do with the fetish? Does he really think that we won't fix the inconsistencies just because we're too busy wanking? o__o
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
rphb
Helpless prey

PostSubject: Re: Is Notys Atlas?   Is Notys Atlas? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:23 am

Seriously, doesn’t anyone have anything to add?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Notys Atlas?   Is Notys Atlas? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is Notys Atlas?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: General forums :: General discussion-
Jump to: