Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Four Species, One Room

Go down 
+8
Archmage_Bael
FalconJudge
Jætte_Troll
Warrior3000
French snack
gwadahunter2222
AisuKaiko
Grave
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Grave
Marauder of the deep jungle
Grave

Four Species, One Room Empty
PostSubject: Four Species, One Room   Four Species, One Room Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 10:54 am

As sort of a continuation of the other thread, the idea that if you had 4 species locked together with no food source, yet had ample water with no escape in sight, how would the events unfold? Assume the 4 species were raised together as siblings and otherwise love each other.

How long do you think each species would last before succumbing to natural instincts?

Last species surviving?

Who tries to eat who first? Would others intervene to protect themselves?

My species are: Neera, Naga, Neko, Harpy

I think the neera being so small could go longest without food (Besides, what's she gonna do to the others?)

Depending on fat reserves the one of the other three is eventually going to go loopy and make an attempt on Neera's life, possibly getting killed by the other two. Then you have one big food source for a while at least Very Happy

In the end though, I think the naga is going to go on a berserk rampage and eat everything in the room if nothing changes for a while.

Anyone else see this playing out differently? Feel free to change species, and feel free to explain how the events pan out in your mind.
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Four Species, One Room   Four Species, One Room Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:04 am

Is the naga giant or no? You weren't specific.

And this is still mean T__T
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Four Species, One Room   Four Species, One Room Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:14 am

neko won't last because feline have poor stamina and get hungry quickly.
Harpie can stand well because birds don't eat a lot and can stand long distance without eating.
Naga will definitively win because snake can hibernate and bigger specie tend to eat less than smaller one.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Four Species, One Room   Four Species, One Room Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:19 am

That's quite horrible. Neutral But to answer the question: It depends on the individuals involved. Every person is an individual, and not all members of the same species behave the same.

Assuming they really love one another, they would rather sacrifice themselves than harm one another.
Back to top Go down
Warrior3000
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Warrior3000

PostSubject: Re: Four Species, One Room   Four Species, One Room Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 12:04 pm

Four Species, One Room Motivator256dde1694818029ee2d37c17e

^ That.

But to avoid sounding spammy, yeah, I would have to back what French_Snack said. The ultimate result would indeed depend upon the individuals involved. Besides, if they did love one another to such an extent, then they may not even consider doing such a thing. Oh, and, my logic dictates that because the room has no notable exits or entrances or otherwise, then killing one another would only prolong a doomed existence. Essentially, they all die anyways, So.....CHUCK NORRIS.
Back to top Go down
http://w-3-k.deviantart.com/
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Four Species, One Room   Four Species, One Room Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 12:06 pm

I sneak into the room, release them all and then lead them to their vengeance against you. Then I train them as my own group of covert super assassins.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: Four Species, One Room   Four Species, One Room Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 12:32 pm

With individuals of such varied sizes, they just might find a way to escape- especially if one or several of them are resourceful or intelligent... I mean, the strategic possibilities for three such varied races are endless.
Back to top Go down
http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Four Species, One Room   Four Species, One Room Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:18 pm

Mice need to stay active day and night so they can get enough food. Mice eat a lot of things such as food crumbs, corn, grain, fruit, nuts, seeds and insects, or anything they can. They will be the first to go.

Birds actually eat three times their body weight, believe it or not, so harpies might be the next.

Cats are quite lazy, and can last on their fat reserves for a while, so nekos would be third.

Well snakes eat far less than the other three. Anyone who has a snake only needs to feed them once every 2 weeks with something small. Being half snake, nagas would logically be able to eat far less than anything else, therefore suvive on off of food and not need to hunt as often. Of course being trapped in a room elimanates the hunting issue.

As for the sibling relationship, since they're all sentient, they'd rather starve to death before eating their 'family'. This is assuming that they are all mentally healthy.
Back to top Go down
SuperPieGuy9
Great warrior
Great warrior
SuperPieGuy9

PostSubject: Re: Four Species, One Room   Four Species, One Room Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 2:44 pm

It's simple.

Warrior3000 wrote:
Four Species, One Room Motivator256dde1694818029ee2d37c17e

That right thar is your answer.

But seriously, the neera would be the first to go bye bye (from starvation, not getting eaten) due to the fact that they eat a lot (trust me I have a pet mouse and she eats a ton).

And birds actually eat a lot more than you'd think. Mainly because flight takes a lot outta you. The harpy is next up to get their head chopped off by death.

The neko would last a while because cats are lazy and can live off their fat reserves for a while.

The naga would reign supreme in that contest of survival because they don't need to eat much at all. For a ball python (a small constrictor the size of a person's arm) they only need to eat like one or two mice every couple weeks, and that's if you're spoiling them.

But still, may Chuck Norris have mercy on your soul.
Back to top Go down
Grave
Grave

PostSubject: Re: Four Species, One Room   Four Species, One Room Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 3:32 pm

Oh lets say the naga is about twice as big as the neko.

Hmmm....people just keep listing which one they think would starve to death first....... true starvation can set in dementia among other craziness.
French snack wrote:
That's quite horrible. Neutral But to answer the question: It depends on the individuals involved. Every person is an individual, and not all members of the same species behave the same.

Assuming they really love one another, they would rather sacrifice themselves than harm one another.

I don't believe for one second that all of them would just sit there and starve off one by one. At the very least I think if the neera starved first the neko and harpy would be contemplating eating her.

I'm more interested in which one gets dibs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Four Species, One Room   Four Species, One Room Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 3:47 pm

let me put it this way:

would you eat your brother/sister?
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Four Species, One Room   Four Species, One Room Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 3:50 pm

You forget Archmage, that this is Felarya. People are one grumbling stomach away from eating all their friends in a ravenous feast if something doesn't present itself in the next ten seconds. lol!

Anyways, the answer is they all die. None of them can outlast the room's walls before they starve.
Back to top Go down
Grave
Grave

PostSubject: Re: Four Species, One Room   Four Species, One Room Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 5:14 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
let me put it this way:

would you eat your brother/sister?

Not sure what I would do if I was losing my sanity in a small room starving to death. Who knows, eventually my siblings leg might look like a steak.

Malahite wrote:
You forget Archmage, that this is Felarya. People are one grumbling stomach away from eating all their friends in a ravenous feast if something doesn't present itself in the next ten seconds. lol!

Anyways, the answer is they all die. None of them can outlast the room's walls before they starve.

Now why would I let them all starve? I'd prolly release the last survivor, at least to see the effect the ordeal had on their psyche.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Four Species, One Room   Four Species, One Room Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 5:53 pm

Yes Malahite, but that goes for people who aren't family. Even in felarya, people have a sense of community with their family, they must, or they would go insane.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Four Species, One Room   Four Species, One Room Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 7:07 pm

It should, furthermore, be noted that just because they have an "ample" supply of water doesn't mean it won't be a concern before starvation. Assuming that the three big guys (see: Human Sized) drink a human-ish amount of water a day, that's about 19.5 glasses. Assuming the Neera only needs to top off the last half, that's 20 glasses / 4.7ish liters a day. The Neera is most at risk to starving before water supplies go bad. The others? Even without the Neera's input, assuming they are going to last just a week they're going to need at least seven gallons of water. Apparently, it can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to starve (three weeks seeming to be the highest "average" I can find). Unless they have at least eighteen gallons of water between them (likely more, as - whilst the Neko and Harpy can probably get by on human amounts - the Naga would likely require a significantly increased water amount), then they're going to still have water a concern before food.
Back to top Go down
Saironthis
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Saironthis

PostSubject: Re: Four Species, One Room   Four Species, One Room Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 7:20 pm

Needs more elaboration about the room, water supply, manner of said 4 being raised, etc. Too many variables.

Elsewise I'm voting for Chuck. I know I can trust him to kill 100% of whatever the heck he wants.
Back to top Go down
http://thatonedude236.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Four Species, One Room   Four Species, One Room Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 7:44 pm

To be a real arse, you could technically have on a mage capable of cantrips and another at least a third level cleric. What with them being able to generate water and food daily, enough to support at least four people, and the mage providing the "spice" to the meal.

In this scenario, the only limiting factor would be how long it takes someone to go insane from captivity or shit to occupy more space than the people can manage.
Back to top Go down
Grave
Grave

PostSubject: Re: Four Species, One Room   Four Species, One Room Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Ok.

30 by 30 ft windowless room, assume endless water supply by hole in wall. Room has a working light.

The 4 were all raised together from year one. They might know they arn't real siblings due to the obvious, but they are as close as if you were born and your parent adopted someone at the same time.

Hell let's even assume all female.

They just wake up one day in said situation. No warning, no reason given to them.

And Bael, as far as "if they truly love each other goes" I could make the argument that a real sacrifice would be one of the larger species letting the others consume her, possibly saving the others from starvation.
Back to top Go down
VenomX3000
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Four Species, One Room   Four Species, One Room Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 10:21 pm

basically, we need to think through as if they were all in a SAW movie, correct? aight i think we can make this interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://venomx3000.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Four Species, One Room   Four Species, One Room Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 6:48 am

It wouldn't matter if any of the siblings was benevolent. In the end, they'd still all die (or, as was said by the one running this, wait until - regardless of what happened - only one remained). In which case, we can't know if they would try eating eachother or not. There is no sure-fire. They might pull a Donner Party, they might all starve themselves to nigh-death until the experiment runner lets the last one go (if he even does).

The size of the hole is something curious to note, as well as - by extension - the fact that there must be a drain somewhere in the room. Whilst likely too small for the others to escape through, they might be enough to have the Neera attempt escape with. It'd also be one of the best bets for the Neera not to be turned into someone's chew toy (as, barring the Naga (assuming it learned to dislocate its jaw and isn't like Crisis in that regard), none of them could eat the thing without chewing it apart: They're something like 6" tall, yes? You try eating a large pickle whole). From there, things could get either better or worse. If the water leads to a tank, the Neera could arguably be drowned depending on if it can get back out. If it leads outside, the Neera can attempt to return to the room and free its siblings.

Similarly, they could try the hole that the water's coming in. However, I have a hunch that water pressure would bar this path.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Four Species, One Room   Four Species, One Room Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Four Species, One Room
Page 1 of 1