Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Homebound

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Boris92
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Boris92

Homebound - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 1:23 pm

CLONE was awakened due to the commotion going on around him: Jim speaking over the intercom, Kain leaving to help, Rai lighting wood on fire, and Rai and Mortis conversing. He lifted his head and noticed Mortis was thinking the same thing over and over again to a point that CLONE couldn't help but respond about it. "If there are ever any doubts about what you could still be called, make up something yourself," he said. "Thinking the same thing again and again will only harm you and those around you if it is too distracting." He turned his attention to Rai and considered the offer. It would give him a chance to better understand his team without having to probe their minds too deeply. He walked to the rear of the Mac where the window was broken and jumped out, using levitation to slow his descent. "So far it seems I am the only one that will be joining you by this fire tonight," he said. "I hope you do not mind."
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

Homebound - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 7:21 am

Nah. It wouldn't be any fun just sitting by myself. So, your Clone, right? Like I said, I'm Rai. It's really nice out. Rai said this last comment to himself. Rai stared into the fire. I noticed your, what's the word, a "psion", or something like that. So that means you can read minds and use telekinesis, right? Rai asked Clone, drawing Mazike. He then planted Mazike in the ground between himself and the fire, blade towards him, dividing the world in front of him. Rai then stared back into the fire, and said to Clone, I don't mind if you ask me questions about myself. When you've lived over 300 years, you tend to understand yourself very well and not mind questions most people would be offended, insulted, or embarised if someone asked them. Ask away, Clone.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BoltAscendent
Kain
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

Homebound - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 12:30 pm

The new weapons looked like lightning rods, and this wasn't far from the truth, as the weapons were being plugged into jacks along the inside of the Mac. The lengthy cords that connected the new weapons looked thick, durable, and capable of carrying a large amount of energy very comfortably. Both guards stood outside, on opposite ends of the simple camp that was being made, enjoying the quiet and the scenery. One had begun partaking in a cigar.

The slaves were resupplying themselves and their weapons. There was more than enough ammunition available in the Mac's storage compartment, just never enough space to carry it all around at once. There were a few injured and wounded from the fighting before, and the slaves had taken this moment of quiet to better tend to themselves.

Jason, the slaver, was never one to do much work, so he made his way over to the campfire, taking a seat opposite of Rai and CLONE. He sneered, but only once, and sat dejectedly as he listened to their conversation, never pitching in.

Mick and Jim, who's form was still obscured behind the Mac, we're enjoying a banjo duet and cracking jokes in between poorly sung folk songs. Mick was enjoying a loaf of sweet bread on the side, and it was anyone's guess what Jim was doing.

A couple slaves moved beside the campfire and dug under the dirt, a little. They lit a few sticks with the campfire, then carried them over to the pit, and made their own fire. A metal sheet, followed by a large metal cover, overlapped the fire, creating a smoking pit. From there on, the slaves, would start barbecuing stored meat and veggies.

Kain wandered past the barbecue, taking a moment to sniff the delicious smoked meat. He set aside his dufflebag, once partially empty, but now full and plump, and joined the men at the campfire, sitting beside Rai, and promptly delivering Jason a glare. "Ey, what I miss?"
Back to top Go down
Boris92
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Boris92

Homebound - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 12:40 pm

"Yes, I am the one known as CLONE," CLONE said to Rai. "That all depends on what you're viewing as nice, anyway. In terms of weather, yes, it is rather nice out. And yes, I am a psion. Telekinesis and reading minds are only a sample of what I can and, if the situation calls for it, will use." He kept his focus on Rai even when the humanoid creature pulled out the sword and stabbed it into the ground. CLONE knew what Rai was going to do, and didn't need to act surprised or flinch when it happened. "I'm sure it is quite an accomplishment living for that long. I was merely created to appear this age, but if you consider when I could start thinking my official date of birth, I am only roughly a year old." Before he could continue with the conversation, a couple more people- Jason the slaver and Kain- joined Rai and himself around the fire. "You did not miss much," he said to the two. "We had only just begun conversation."
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

Homebound - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 6:17 am

Well, actually I would be somewhere around the equivelent of an 18 year old for humans. Rai turned towards the new arrivals. Campfires are a great way to pull people together. After all, groups work best when they trust each other, and groups who work well together live longer here, so here, trust equals living. Rai reached back into his bag and pulled out several pieces of meat. He pulled his sword out of the ground, dusted it off, held up the flat part, placed the meat on it, and held it over the fire. I thought we could open with some questions, and then some stories. Oh yeah, would anyone like some? Rai pulled his sword out, picked the meat up, and offered some.
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

Homebound - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 7:18 am

Mort could only hear muffled voices from outside the MAC and could not make out some of the words that were said. This was good as he wanted to get some rest. After fidgeting around for a while, he finally drifted off to sleep. He dreamed of his homeworld. It was a peaceful place that saw very little war. Knowledge was its culture, the old and frail were revered as living incarnations of experience and wisdom. He dreamed of the sparkling white library, the busy city streets and the vast factories that produced books. He saw himself leave through the portal and enter the beautiful world of Felarya. But when he tried to go back through the portal, it disappeared leaving him alone and afraid in this new alien world.
Back to top Go down
Kain
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

Homebound - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 4:58 pm

my bad, been a bit busy...

-------

Kain reached an arm out to Rai. "Sure, le'me try. While yer at it, I got a question for ya. What the hell is up with yer hair? I mean, I've seen some kids with crazy hair back where I come from, but, uh, nothin' like that." He chuckled to himself as he awaited his food.

Jason continued glaring at the entire group, but eventually, he, too, posed a question to Rai. "While you're at it... what did you say you were? An elemental? We've only seen those in myths and fairy tales. Please, do elaborate on what sort of rubbish you're referring to. Last I recall, an elemental was supposed to be a thundering cloud of a primal element, and not capable of reproduction in the.. traditional sense. Not that we've ever ran into such a creature, either."

Kain rolled his eyes. "That makes one'a us," he snidely mumbled.
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

Homebound - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 7:45 am

Heh, here. Rai handed him a piece of meat. Actually, your questions are related. The hair color comes from my elemental side. My elemental is a Raikonagi, which aren't from Felarya. They're from my world, and are strange, even for an elemental. You see, elementals of that type don't need their element, just magic, to hold their form and not die. They also have the ability to take a, more or less, human form. They do have several traits shared among them though, such as hair style and color. Hey, different world, different rules. You gotta learn that fast when your a dimensional traveler. You can go from the top of the food chain to the bottom in a few second. Learned that the hard way when I got here. Rai started to eat his piece of the meat he cooked, and began cooking more.
Back to top Go down
Kain
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

Homebound - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 5:16 pm

( Waiting on Boris. I'll PM him, I guess. )
Back to top Go down
Boris92
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Boris92

Homebound - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 3:43 am

((Sorry about that, got caught up in some things and haven't really been able to do long posts.))

CLONE waved his hand dismissively when he was offered the meat. He wasn't really sure what kind of meat it was, and didn't necessarily trust how old it really was. He figured he could miss a meal and be fine. Instead of eating the probably unsafe food, he listened to the conversation going on around him. After Rai was done speaking he figured he might as well put in a few words as well. "I am guessing you meant to say different dimension, not different world," CLONE said, correcting the elemental. "As for that last sentence, I take it you've had somewhere around a few close encounters with the inhabitants? I myself haven't really encountered much more than that worm creature we fought off. Perhaps you should enlighten us on some of your encounters?" He awaited Rai's response. Perhaps he could be somewhat ready for when the time comes that he has to defend himself from some of the inhabitants of this dimensional plane.
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

Homebound - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 8:08 am

Rai pulled the piece of meat he was cooking away from the fire and cut a small bit off. Taking a bite, he paused. Mmm...kensha is quite good when cooked right. He took another bite, this time thinking about where to begin.

Well, I guess I should start with my first time here. I came here not knowing what to expect. I ran into a naga within an hour of geting here. That was my first encounter with something that big.....she got the drop on me... Rai told the people around the fire, grabbing his left shoulder, which had a burn mark. If my dad hadn't taught me how to do a basic teleport, I wouldn't be here today...The next thing I ran into was a kensha beast. By this point I had acid on my left arm and needed to wash it off. I didn't catch its attention, though. Just a minute later, I found a HUGE river. When I went to wash my arm, I got attacked by a mermaid. Two fucking hours here and I'd almost been killed three times, eaten once. Not a very good omen. I spent my next few days on supreme high alert. Ever since, I've ran into nagas, dridders, harpies, kensha, bloodclaws, dryads, mermaids, fairies too many times to count, weird water people, elementals (They were actually nice to me. Peaceful group.), slug girls, nekos, tinies, some giant bug things my magic wasn't very useful against...hmm...I've run into some other things I don't don't know how describe too. Still, I love coming here. I get to meet people like you guys.

Rai took another bite of the meat and sat back. He gazed up at the stars. What's your stories? Rai asked the people sitting around the campfire, still staring into the sky.
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

Homebound - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 1:32 am

Mort trudged his way through the jungle. It was hard for him to find his way in the dark. As he kept walking he saw a bright light ahead. Desperate to get out of the darkness, he sprinted towards the light source and burst into a clearing. Standing there was a HUGE angel. She almost seemed to glow with holiness.

"EXCUSE ME!" Mort shouted up to her "Can you show me the way to the nearest town?"

The angel looked down at him. She knelt down and gently picked him up. Then she spoke, with unexpected venom. "You people make me sick. Making deals with demons for the sake of power." She lifted him above her mouth. "This evil must be purged"

"Wait! You don't understand! I never wanted this to happen I didn't mean to-"

She cut him off. "Thats what they all say"

She dropped him in her mouth and sighed. She tilted her head back and swallowed.

Mort landed in her stomach with a spash. The acid burned through his armour and was making quick work of the leather. Soon, he could feel it burning his skin.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A blood curdling scream rang out from inside the MAC "NOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Mort woke up in a cold sweat. He quickly sat up and put his face in his hands. Looking around, he saw that he was safe and sound inside the MAC. He sighed in relief and tried to calm his trembling body. It was only another nightmare he told himself. He suffered with nightmares regularly and was normally able to handle them, but ever since he came to Felarya it got worse. He would never be able to get back to sleep now so he stepped outside to join the others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Homebound - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Homebound
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: General forums :: Role-playing-
Jump to: