Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New day

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

New day Empty
PostSubject: New day   New day Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 4:39 am

Another story I cooked up with my character. May get them in a single topic later if i make enough o3o

Feedback is appreciated!

---

A pale orange light bathed Felarya as dawn became morning. The sounds of the night slowly died down while new ones replaced them. Some flowers closed their petals, and others bloomed radiantly. Creatures returned to their nests, and many more emerged from them. Songbirds began their tunes, shrieks that couldn’t come from no beast or human mouth echoed amidst vegetation, Enormous humanoids trekked the wilderness in search of prey. A new day in the world between worlds.

And Grendel couldn’t see any of this, as he still dreamed. He had dug up a massive hole between tree roots the previous night, and now he was coiled comfortably at the humid bottom, with only part of his tail poking out. Snoring audibly, with his mouth open and sucking in air reflexively. Red saliva pooled slowly on a patch of ground, and small flies buzzed around the lips and teeth, picking on encrusted gore. A certainly awkward image, but it was peaceful as it could get, and nothing bothered his sleep. At least, until…

“Look! He’s still there!”

“Didn’t I tell you, huh?”

“Ugh…do you smell that?”

“Come on, let’s take a look!”

Giggling and snickering softly, around eight fairies descended upon Grendel, barely two feet tall each. They clearly were enjoying themselves as they toyed with him, bouncing on his scaly stomach, pulling the tip of his tail, rooting around his hair, watching their reflections in his long claws. And yet he wouldn’t wake up

“Heheh” one of them chortled “And you said he would be gone by now..”

“I know, right?” another pointed out “This guy must be dumb!”

“Dumb AND fatty!” yet another said, poking one of his ears playfully “Did you see him yesterday? Man, I’ve never seen anyone gulping that many duikers at once!”

Another fairy stood in front of Grendel’s mouth, glaring at the inside with a disgusted look “Well I ain’t surprised. Just look at this pie hole! I bet he could swallow himself whole if he wanted to..” Her eyes focused on his tongue, long and yellowish, lolling out lazily beyond the serrated teeth.

“Say guys….what do you bet I touch that tongue?”

Immediately the others flocked to her side, a mixture of both excitement and wariness in their little faces.

“You don’t have the guts”

“What if he wakes up?”

“Wanna see?” She said with a tiny grin, and then carefully floated inside the cavernous maw. Cautiously she approached, globs of drool falling around, hot foetid breath blowing directly at her. Swallowing hard, trying to contain her own breathing, she extended a shaky arm, leaned over to the huge tongue right under her feet. It appeared as if she was going to back off, but then a quick movement, and she jabbed her finger on the wet muscle.

It twitched, then went limp again. Nothing else. The fairy sighed on relief, then started laughing again

“Hah! What did I say?”

“Woooh!” the other fairies cheered on, making little claps and hops of joy “You’re so cool Kerri! Way to go!”

“I know, I know” Kerri said, smiling victoriously as she floated out of reach of those jaws. “…Well I’m bored now. What do you say we go find some chow?”

And as casually as they had entered the burrow, the little devils were leaving it, still laughing and joking, and now praising their brave friend.

“Oh yeah, that was great! And the big lug didn’t even wake up!”

“We have to do this again later!” Kerri once again gloated “Think on all the fun we can get out of this!” He’ll never notice, haha!”

So immersed they were in their scheming, they failed to notice the gargantuan tail coming down at them, slamming with brutal force and sending the fairies plummeting to the leaf-littered ground above.

Only three of the group managed to get on their feet, tumbling around in disoriented pain, and those were the ones to see the enormous squamataur rising from his den, ground shaking with every step he took, looking at them with furious rage

“How…many times….do I have to tell you.” Grendel roared, thick slobber sloshing and flying out his mouth, fangs in full view. “…to BUZZ THE HELL OFF!!!!!!!!”

That was all it took for the fairies to dart away, screaming in terror. Grendel watched them with gritted teeth, until they disappeared beyond the thickly-foliaged trees. He let out an annoyed snort. Third time this week. Once, just once, he would just like to wake up in the morning without pesky little things pestering him. What did he have to do so they’d leave him alone?

He looked down at the leaf litter. Five fairies were still sprawled all over. None of them were moving. Only one just barely managed to whisper something, but it was incomprehensible, and she had a little purplish lump on her head.

Oh well. At least he had breakfast.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

New day Empty
PostSubject: Re: New day   New day Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 1:30 am

Those are nice stories ^^
They are short but nicely thought of and described.
And wow those fairies really asked for it Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

New day Empty
PostSubject: Re: New day   New day Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 1:47 am

Thanks! I'm not really good at writing long stories, so i try to leave them short and sweet Very Happy

And well, don't you hate it when people barge in your room when you're trying to sleep? XD
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

New day Empty
PostSubject: Re: New day   New day Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 6:17 am

Having been woken up several nights in a row between 3 and 5 a.m. by mosquitoes buzzing in my ear... I can well understand his annoyance! Very Happy

It was short but definitely fun. Nicely written. The fairies' game was very much what one might expect of them, and the ending was appropriately abrupt.
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

New day Empty
PostSubject: Re: New day   New day Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 7:24 am

Ah, the bane of sleepers everywhere Laughing

At first i thought on having all but one of the fairies escape, but you can't have things in a gigantic death world go always that easy XD
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

New day Empty
PostSubject: Re: New day   New day Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 2:46 pm

As I said on your other story, there's nothing wrong with this. Short, and sweetly well written. It's also refreshing to see the sort of character like Grendel.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

New day Empty
PostSubject: Re: New day   New day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: General forums :: Stories discussion-
Jump to: