Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moved

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

Moved Empty
PostSubject: Moved   Moved Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 11:31 pm

Moved to My Ideas thread.

Last edited by gt500x on Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:14 am; edited 43 times in total (Reason for editing : fresh start)
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Moved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moved   Moved Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 12:37 am

Thoth was the name of one of the gods of the Egyptian pantheon. He was depicted as a man with the head of an ibis or a baboon, not a wolf.
gt500x wrote:
The idea that any human could survive in Felarya's wild is just ludicrous.
A group of humans can.
A lone human can if they're equipped correctly and have the necessary skills an knowledge

Quote :
army of cyclops
So he lead the army to defeat the cyclops?

Last edited by Anime-Junkie on Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

Moved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moved   Moved Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 12:45 am

Deleted.

Last edited by gt500x on Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:16 am; edited 16 times in total
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

Moved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moved   Moved Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 12:49 am

Anime-Junkie wrote:
Thoth was the name of one of the gods of the Egyptian pantheon. He was depicted as a man with the head of an ibis or a baboon, not a wolf.
gt500x wrote:
The idea that any human could survive in Felarya's wild is just ludicrous.
A group of humans can.
A lone human can if they're equipped correctly and have the necessary skills an knowledge

Quote :
army of cyclops
So he lead the army?

No he never led any cyclops(es... whatever) into battle. I'm just making that part up since this is f i c t i o n and I am not trying to be historically accurate. And I never said he was Thoth from the Egyptian pantheon, so why even bring that up?
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Moved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moved   Moved Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 12:56 am

Brotip: You can edit posts. In future, please add to your previous post instead of double posting.
gt500x wrote:
Quote :
Quote :
army of cyclops
So he lead the army?

No he never led any cyclops(es... whatever) into battle.
Ack sorry, I was asking if he lead an army to defeat the Cyclops' army. I should have made myself clear.
gt500x wrote:
I'm just making that part up since this is f i c t i o n and I am not trying to be historically accurate.
I'm not asking you to be, I'm asking things to make sense.

gt500x wrote:
And I never said he was Thoth from the Egyptian pantheon, so why even bring that up?
I know, but you've said he's Greek, why would he have an Egyptian name? I can under stand him being named after Thoth if he was Egyptian...

gt500x wrote:
Belletia and thoth
This sounds...
Well I can see it working. Him avoiding her 99 times is a little bit of a stretch but whatever.
I think the main thing is if you've interpreted Belletia's character correctly. you'll have to ask Karbo on that
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

Moved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moved   Moved Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 12:59 am

Anime-Junkie wrote:
gt500x wrote:
Quote :
Quote :
army of cyclops
So he lead the army?

No he never led any cyclops(es... whatever) into battle.
Ack sorry, I was asking if he lead an army to defeat the Cyclops' army. I should have made myself clear.
gt500x wrote:
I'm just making that part up since this is f i c t i o n and I am not trying to be historically accurate.
I'm not asking you to be, I'm asking things to make sense.

gt500x wrote:
And I never said he was Thoth from the Egyptian pantheon, so why even bring that up?
I know, but you've said he's Greek, why would he have an Egyptian name? I can under stand him being named after Thoth if he was Egyptian...

Brotip: You can edit posts. In future, please add to your previous post instead of double posting.

Greece had been influenced by Egyptian civilization. Some of the Greek pantheon, such as Athena and Zeus, have roots in Egypt. For names to carry over wouldn't surprise me at all. Alright, I'd love to continue talking about mythology XD but I gotta go to work in 1 1/2 hours. Consecutive all nighters can't be good for my health
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

Moved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moved   Moved Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 1:06 am

Still, it sounds like kind of an ass-pull. If you had made him, say, a baboon-man, it would have been more fitting and interesting in my opinion
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

Moved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moved   Moved Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 4:25 am

Slimetoad wrote:
Still, it sounds like kind of an ass-pull. If you had made him, say, a baboon-man, it would have been more fitting and interesting in my opinion

and you're entitled to that.

But in my opinion, wolfman eats baboonman. Razz Yum

I'm not getting bent out of shape if no one likes the idea. That's why God made fan-fiction, so guys like me can still have our fun. (and don't try to tell me that God didnt invent fan-fiction)

p.s. that whole story with Thoth and Belletia is probably better suited as a thing that happened in the past but is revisited in a flashback.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Moved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moved   Moved Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 4:57 am

gt500x wrote:
Slimetoad wrote:

That's fine, but your wolfman isn't that wolfish.

gt500x wrote:
I'm not getting bent out of shape if no one likes the idea. That's why God made fan-fiction, so guys like me can still have our fun.
Of course you're not, because you're ignoring is.
Practically every Felarya story is fanfiction. Characters are canonised but their stories often aren't. This makes fanfiction much more important in Felarya.
We're trying to help you improve here. That's why you posted your characters inst it? so people could critique them.

To go on, you say that he is a spartan, then you say he is a hero.
That's just wrong. Spartans were terrible people. They had one of the best ground armies of their time, but they were not heros. Don't go by the glamorous portayal of hollywood, spartans were brutal. When a baby was born, a group of elder spartans would inspect the child. If he was deemed fit, he was enrolled in Agoge, the spartan training regime. If not, the baby was left to die from exposure on the foothills of Mt Tagyetos
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

Moved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moved   Moved Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 6:12 am

I understand what you're saying. If the character is critcally flawed, then I'll go back to the drawing board tonight with your feedback in mind.
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

Moved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moved   Moved Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 7:49 am

[quote="gt500x"]
Slimetoad wrote:

Just saying, a wolfman called after a monkey/bird god doesn't inspire any respect from me, it just makes him sound like you gave the first name you thought was cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Moved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moved   Moved Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moved
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: Idea forums :: Character discussion-
Jump to: