Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reindeertaurs

Go down 
+5
Malhavoc Shade
EdgedWeapon
Cowrie
Shady Knight
TheLightLost
9 posters
AuthorMessage
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

Reindeertaurs Empty
PostSubject: Reindeertaurs   Reindeertaurs Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 10:21 pm

Added snow dances

Preferring to reside in cold climates the Reindeertaurs have well adapted bodies to thrive in perennial frost. The snow-white fur on the lower half of their bodies is very thick and some even have fur over large portions of their humanoid torso. There are many more rumors than facts surrounding this Centaur sub-species, including incredible tales of seeing the Reindeertaurs' antlers and hooves glow brightly just before the enormous creatures leap into the air, galloping out of sight.

Their antlers are seen as the most important feature on their bodies and they can even determine a Reindeertaur's social status. Affection between them is shown by rubbing the antlers on each other's heads. If ever you are about to be eaten by one of them, it could save your life if you are somehow able to signal her that you want to rub her antlers. It's not guaranteed to work, but it's better than doing nothing. They are also very fond of jingling sounds and may allow a prey to escape if they were to recieve a bell as a gift; so wearing bells to signal the predators of your presence may not be such a bad idea when traversing these regions.

As part of their culture, the Reindeertaurs are very social and family orientated. They are known to be extremely playful and love to dance in groups. These dances are said to bring snowfall, even on a sunny day. Inus are the Reindeertaurs' favorite food and they will not pass on the opportunity to dine on them, hungry or not. Humans, Nekos, or Elves have a fighting chance of not being eaten, that is unless the Reindeertaur judges that person to be naughty.

They are said to have an innate ability to judge character that is linked to their antlers. Depending on how naughty they deem one to be, even gifting the Reindeertaur with a shiny bell may not be enough to save that person from a one-way trip down their esophagus.

With the belief that their velvety antlers contain magical properties and the perception of the Reindeertaur as being naive, poachers have targeted them in the past. What most don't know is that while Reindeertaurs are naturally less threatening than most predators species, they can also hold grudges and display unbelievable cruelty towards those that have done them, or a loved one any harm. For those that defy the odds and get on the bad side of these normally peaceful giants, the Reindeertaur herd will initiate a manhunt that ends only when the humanoid perpetrator is captured. He/She is not eaten then, but carried away and never heard from again. Rumors abound of the unspeakable torments awaiting that unfortunate soul. There is even a saying among experienced travelers that goes, "Those that invoke the wrath of the Reindeertaurs pray for Hell's relief."

Last edited by gt500x on Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:04 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Reindeertaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reindeertaurs   Reindeertaurs Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 4:55 am

Are there red-nosed variations? Razz
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

Reindeertaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reindeertaurs   Reindeertaurs Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 6:52 am

I wouldn't rule that extremely cute possiblity out.
Back to top Go down
Cowrie
Helpless prey

Reindeertaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reindeertaurs   Reindeertaurs Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 2:12 pm

You might be interested to know, the reindeer/caribou is the only species of deer where the does DO posess antlers...
Back to top Go down
EdgedWeapon
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
EdgedWeapon

Reindeertaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reindeertaurs   Reindeertaurs Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 7:28 pm

Do twelve of them get together and pull a red sleigh along each year, handing out presents to those in need?
Back to top Go down
Malhavoc Shade
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Malhavoc Shade

Reindeertaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reindeertaurs   Reindeertaurs Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 8:09 pm

That would be one enormous sleigh. I imagine the one behind the reins would also be quite large. XD
Back to top Go down
CauldronBorn24
Loremaster
CauldronBorn24

Reindeertaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reindeertaurs   Reindeertaurs Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 8:46 pm

Cowrie wrote:
You might be interested to know, the reindeer/caribou is the only species of deer where the does DO posess antlers...

Cowrie's right, in winter buks shed their antlers while the does keep them year round.
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

Reindeertaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reindeertaurs   Reindeertaurs Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 9:51 pm

Thanks for the info. I'll edit the op.

Looking back on this idea, I wonder if I was drunk when I came up with it XP
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Reindeertaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reindeertaurs   Reindeertaurs Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 11:16 am

A funny idea, but it could work pretty good with a few adjustments.

A good subspecies of the centaur.
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

Reindeertaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reindeertaurs   Reindeertaurs Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 9:52 pm

Yeah, like I said, I think I was drunk when I came up with the idea. I suppose I could develop them further, but they were really meant to be funny. I actually suggested that explorers should wear bells as they travel to grab the Reindeertaurs' attention XP
Back to top Go down
EdgedWeapon
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
EdgedWeapon

Reindeertaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reindeertaurs   Reindeertaurs Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 1:35 am

So? Who cares if you were drunk? It's still a good idea! Dozens of famous inventors were srunk when they came up with there ideas. I mean, look at Benjamin Franklin - how could he not have been wasted when he thought up the idea of flying a kite in a thunder storm?
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

Reindeertaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reindeertaurs   Reindeertaurs Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 3:51 pm

Ok, I did a bit more developing and updated the OP
Back to top Go down
Dante8411
Naga food

Reindeertaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reindeertaurs   Reindeertaurs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 1:24 pm

I can't not try to imagine what manner of demigod rules over a dozen of these creatures with an extremely magical fist now. Would he be massive and powerful? Human-sized and sweet enough to earn their hearts? Human-sized and powerful enough to command them anyway, an army of elves backing his own personal magical might?
We may never know.
Back to top Go down
http://dante8411.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Reindeertaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reindeertaurs   Reindeertaurs Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 4:25 am

You might have beend drunk but I think it's a nice idea XP
there are some orginal and funny elements there and now the race makes even more sense after that christmas picture lol!
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

Reindeertaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reindeertaurs   Reindeertaurs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reindeertaurs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: Idea forums :: Ideas discussion :: Dridders and Centaurs-
Jump to: