Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So what happens if you believe in reincarnation?

Go down 
+4
TheLightLost
AisuKaiko
Salvyrn
itsmeyouidiot
8 posters
AuthorMessage
itsmeyouidiot
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
itsmeyouidiot

So what happens if you believe in reincarnation? Empty
PostSubject: So what happens if you believe in reincarnation?   So what happens if you believe in reincarnation? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 6:04 pm

The problem with the way the current afterlife scheme works is that it implies that you have to believe in a specific afterlife. So what happens when you believe in reincarnation instead?
Back to top Go down
Salvyrn
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Salvyrn

PostSubject: Re: So what happens if you believe in reincarnation?   So what happens if you believe in reincarnation? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 6:13 pm

Maybe religion works differently in Felarya, where when you have a certain belief it can be made official, and depending on what someone believes in, that's what will happen wen they die. Although that's just my opinion/thoughts.
Back to top Go down
http://salvyrn.deviantart.com/
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: So what happens if you believe in reincarnation?   So what happens if you believe in reincarnation? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 6:14 pm

I'm curious about this too since I may be making a pred who believes in reincarnation... >__> Maybe they have an afterlife that's like a replica of Felarya, and it's almost kinda lime they reincarnated?
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: So what happens if you believe in reincarnation?   So what happens if you believe in reincarnation? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 8:41 pm

This is why I still believe some generic paradise is better than multiple afterlives. Just go there, whether you believe in this or that, and just be glad you're not in hell.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: So what happens if you believe in reincarnation?   So what happens if you believe in reincarnation? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 9:23 pm

But if we have that we lose the current god system. Anyway nobody can really 'be good enough' to get into heaven by themselves. The current system of multiple divinities making an afterlife for their followers works fine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: So what happens if you believe in reincarnation?   So what happens if you believe in reincarnation? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 9:38 pm

Hmm... I always had a concept that you go to heaven/hell for a while depending on how good/bad you were, then for the majority (save for the super good/bad) are then reincarnated, starting over with a "fresh slate" in order to try over again. Otherwise heaven and hell are gonna get overloaded with souls.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: So what happens if you believe in reincarnation?   So what happens if you believe in reincarnation? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 9:47 pm

Jasconius wrote:
Otherwise heaven and hell are gonna get overloaded with souls.
hell doesn't get overloaded with souls, Mennysann just gets a good meal.
As for heaven, I thought that the more souls were in that particular divinity's domain and there more living believers, the bigger the domain became.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: So what happens if you believe in reincarnation?   So what happens if you believe in reincarnation? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 9:52 pm

Only Felaryians go to these "versions" right, not everyone in every dimension (as the first Mennysan's story implied)? You'd have to take into account the shear amount of deaths every second if you count all realities, alternate universes, outer plains, etc... and thats not even counting alien life (which strangely no race has yet encountered Felarya, or at least left a major impact on it)
Back to top Go down
Dante8411
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: So what happens if you believe in reincarnation?   So what happens if you believe in reincarnation? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 1:02 pm

Well, Felarya's a sort of dimensional crossroads, right? While we have seen that it has its own afterlife, isn't it also possible that when disconnected from physical forms, spirits have the potential seep into other worlds?
Or perhaps some souls simply escape the "gravity" of Heaven and Hell and make their ways to new forms? After all, there are ghosts, so we know that not all souls are taken somewhere...

Or is the dilemma how a soul is reincarnated? I always figured that a reincarnated soul just sort of took root in an organism before it got its own soul, like a fetus...

Oh, and while I'm at it, I might as well ramble about a theory of how Heaven and Hell work. In Felarya, it does appear to be fairly random, but supposing there is a sorting system, perhaps there's some particular element of a soul (note: I think of souls like codes made of energy) that holds its last owner's core inclination (the last owner would have altered the core. A formerly evil person could reincarnate to a good one and vice-versa). These aren't necessarily the configurations for "good" and "evil" so much as they are patterns similar to the prevailing essence of Heaven and Hell. After that, when it comes to souls, like attracts like and both realms work like spiritual black holes for their own element.

Apologies if that didn't make any sense to anyone. I blame the TV being inconsiderately blared from the next room over.
Back to top Go down
http://dante8411.deviantart.com/
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: So what happens if you believe in reincarnation?   So what happens if you believe in reincarnation? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 2:19 am

itsmeyouidiot wrote:
The problem with the way the current afterlife scheme works is that it implies that you have to believe in a specific afterlife. So what happens when you believe in reincarnation instead?

In one of my stories, a character who does not believe in an afterlife dies. She meets a psychopomp angel who tells her she will probably be placed in an illusion of continued life. She'll forget she ever died, and she will believe that she's simply continuing her life - except that it will be a more idealised version thereof.

So perhaps those who believe in reincarnation are then merely led to believe that they've been reincarnated. Illusions to match their expectations.

Or maybe, after all, they really are reincarnated. I'm sure it can be made to work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So what happens if you believe in reincarnation?   So what happens if you believe in reincarnation? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So what happens if you believe in reincarnation?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: Idea forums :: Ideas discussion :: Angels and Succubi-
Jump to: