Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?

Go down 
+2
Mortis
buddha66667
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? Empty
PostSubject: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 7:51 am

Well I originally joined this forum to do some RPing but it doesn’t look like any of the threads have been having anything happening lately so I’m going to start my own. The rules are as follows
1. No godmodding!!!
2. Please read over your posts before posting them to catch any obvious spelling/grammer mistakes as it can take away from the story.
3. Story style not script style please
4. Please be willing to post somewhat actively. I know it’s getting close to Christmas and new years so people won’t be posting actively during this time but if you only log in once a week please don’t join this.
5. No eating/killing other characters without their permission. That also doesn’t mean your character is invulnerable. If something is trying to eat you run don’t stand there and wait until the last second to pull off in impossible dodge. If I find anyone violating this I reserve the right to create something and have it eat you or ask you to leave this topic.
6. Limit of two characters per person and only one of them can be a pred.
If you’re interested in joining please pm me your profiles and I’ll read them over and decide whether or not to accept them.
I’ll be using my characters that are in my signature. I’m currently writing up a story with them of how they met but there is no reason that anyone here would know this in context of the rp I’m putting together so I don’t feel it necessary to have it posted as of yet.
And finally the background into the story. Enjoy.

==============================

Rumors spread of a cave north-east of the misty glade that some say contain a powerful artifact the cave is situated at the base of the Ascarlin Mountains. There have been reports of a strange glow that come from the mouth of the cave but these have not been confirmed. Scholars and adventures alike have been attracted to the cave out of pursuit of profit and knowledge. Predators in the area have had the pleasure of being able to capture almost more humans than they can eat (almost) thanks to the new large amount of human traffic flowing into the area.
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 6:37 am

Seeing as no one has replied to you, I will take it upon myself to join your rp. That and all the other ones are dead >_>

Regardless, here is my chars bio: https://felarya.forumotion.com/t2171-mortis-bio-finished-i-may-make-small-changes-occasionally#68709

Its quite long but its worth reading most of it. Especially the end.

Mort had heard the rumours too. Some people wanted to go to the cave to loot it. Others wanted to study it. The rest went out of curiosity. But he was interested in the artifact that resided in the cave. That artifact could give some answers as to what had happened to him. And so, he set off in the general direction of the cave. Of course, answers were not the only thing he desired. The power the artifact could give him was also attractive. After being connected for so long, Mort and Urael's goals have started to intertwine. If anyone prevented him from aquiring the artifact, Urael would have to intervene. Because above all else, he desires power.
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 7:24 am

Accepted
Far off in the distance the voices of those unlucky enough to have fallen prey to the many predators could be heard begging fruitlessly for their lives. The large mass of people had been giving the predators almost a surplus of food for them to enjoy. Around you are nekos, humans, and elves alike. Some of them were clearly adventurers while other carried large masses of books and more scientific supplies. In front of you stands a man in a green cloak. His hood is covering his head he carries very little. Several leather pouches can be scene suspended from a belt. To his left was a woman her skin was pale and her hair was white her ears where long and came to a point. She was wearing a white dress and a satchel hung off to her left side.
The man in the green cloak begins to speak turning his head to face her, “Why did you want to come here anyway?”
The woman responds in a childish tone “Because I was board if it where up to you we would never get out and have any fun.”
“Well your idea of fun normally at some point involves me running for my life.”
“So?”
The man just sighs. The sounds of those unfortunate enough to have been captured by the predators were beginning to get to him. He knew just due to the sere number of screams that there was no way to help them all. With this in mind he just keeps walking in the direction of the cave following the crowd.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 7:47 am

Mortis wrote:
That and all the other ones are dead >_>
Journey of a Drow is not dead. Very Mad

Anyway, take this as an expression of interest. I may join this roleplay after watching how it progresses for a little while.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 7:49 am

Yay more people maybe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 7:58 am

As Mort got closer to the caves rumoured location, he merged with a large crowd of people heading the same way. There was a huge variety of people, such as nekos, humans, elves, scientists, scholars, armed gaurds, adventurers and more. Mort did not care what they were going to the cave for. The artifact was his only objective and if he had to kill all these people to get it, then so be it.

Of particular interest was a man in a green cloak walking alongside a woman with pointy ears wearing a white dress. They seemed normal enough, but they also seemed "different" somehow. They just didn't fit in. He kept his distance from them and started to jog. The sooner he made it to the cave the better.
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 8:08 am

Hearing the heavier footsteps as Mort begins to jog the woman turns to face you. Her eyes were misty blue color speaking with a smile on her face, “What’s your hurry the caves not going anywhere. “ Pausing for a moment, “Well I hope it’s not going anywhere at least.”
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 1:21 pm

Mort slowed down and walked alongside the woman who had spoken to him.

"Maybe so, but its not the cave I'm worried about. Speaking of which, what are you two heading to the cave for? You seem too underdressed to be adventurers, but you dont look sophisticated enough to be scientists either."

He looked at them again. The woman had a mystical feel about her, so maybe she is a mage. But the man is harder to decypher. He looks like a forest ranger but he too has the air of magic about him. A druid maybe? Either way, if they were also after the artifact they looked like they could put up a fight. He walked alongside them anyway and kept the friendly demeanor. He wouldn't kill them unless they got in his way.
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 10:38 pm

The woman answers him, “Well I was bored and thought it would be fun.” Now noticing his eyes “What’s wrong with your eyes?” She moves closer to him standing only a few inches away. She leans closer to the man her eyes staring right into yours.

“Be polite” the man in the green says. His hand falls on her shoulder and pulls her back giving Mort some personal space. “I’m sorry she can be rather ummm…eccentric” holding his hand out to Mort “my names John and this is” gesturing to the woman “Rhoswen.”
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 4:10 am

"My name is Mort, pleased to meet you. And don't worry about the staring, I'm used to it."

John was a simple name, but Rhoswen was more cryptic. It sounded elvish and it fitted her mystical look. Both of them surely had hidden abilities and agendas. He made sure to not underestimate them.

"So how much longer till we get to the cave? Or have you never been there before?"
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 7:30 am

“I’m not quite sure” John answers. Looking around to the people around him,”Just a second Mort.” John walks over to one of the nearby humans, “Umm excuse me you wouldn’t happen to know how long it will take to get to the cave would you”.
“We still have a ways to go. Probably another day” the man responds
“Thank you” john now walks back to Mort and Rhoswen “well I just asked that man over there” gesturing to the man ”he said that we have another days worth of travel.”
“Hey you never answered my question” Rhoswen says to Mort, “what’s wrong with your eyes?”
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 8:09 am

Mort had hoped that She would just let it go but it was clear she was still insistent on knowing what was wrong with his eyes. Luckily, he had been asked this question thousands of times by thousands of strangers and he always said the same thing.

"I was born this way. Its called heterochromia and its completely natural."

Mort assured her that there was nothing to worry about. However, his red eye lacked a black pupil and almost seemed to burn with crimson flames. The other was a normal eye with a blue iris and black pupil. Pretending that it was just a genetic disorder was the best way to get people off his back. However, he had come across people before who knew better and kept asking questions.

It never ended well....
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 8:35 am

“Het-ero-chroum-ia” Rhoswen repeted the word a slightly puzzled look on her face before simply saying, “OK.” Her stomach let out a growl, “John do you have any food?”
“What about the food you packed for yourself?”
“Well I ate that already.”
Letting out a sigh John reaches into one of the pouches pulling out several seeds. After putting some back he begins to focus the mark on his right hand lets off a soft green glow. The seeds begin to grow forming plants then finally fruit. Tossing one to Rhoswen, “Here you go.” Now his attention was directed to Mort “Would you like one?”
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 9:26 am

"Nah I'll pass. However that was an impressive display of nature magic. You a druid?"

The woman must have a voracious appetite if she has eaten all of her food already, Mort thought to himself. Not that it matters considering John's fruit conjuring skills.
Out of boredom, he unsheathed his sword, admired its craftmanship and sheathed it again. This was going to be a long and tedious walk. For all he knew, somebody else may have already made off with the artifact.
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 9:45 am

“I suppose you could call me that.” John tosses one of the pieces of fruit onto the ground. When Mort pulls the weapon from its sheath John’s eyes lock onto the weapon a certain uneasiness came over him, “That’s an impressive weapon that you have their Mort.”
“Hmm there is something that he isn’t telling us” John thought to himself. John slipped his hand into another pouch pulling out some more seeds, “Just in case” he thought to himself.
Meanwhile Rhoswen simply eats the fruit that John had given her finishing it with surprising speed. Some of the surrounding crowd of people had taken notice of her and simply stared but Rhoswen paid them no mind.
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 10:17 am

The speed that Rhoswen had eaten her fruit confirms Morts initial suspicions. She was indeed a voracious eater. He turned towards John and said:

"You like my sword? Yes it is a remarkable weapon. It has been mine for as long as I can remember and it has never failed to save my life."
He unsheathed it again and ran his finger along the sharp edges.
" I forged it myself, with a little "help" of course."
He touched one of the many glyphs inscribed on it which caused it to glow faintly, and then he put it back in its sheath once again.

Many people had tried to steal his sword before. But no one kept it for very long.
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 10:37 am

Like wasn’t quite the word that John would have used. The red blade and the silver runes seemed dark to him. The way Mort had used the word help also didn’t seem to reinsure him any. Despite this John kept his suspicions bottled up inside. He would play along he thought but the second that this man posed a threat to Rhoswen or himself he would end him. As long as they were outdoors John had the advantage he reissued himself. Responding to Mort, “Yes it is a remarkable weapon not my style though. For me nature provides what I need to fight.”
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 10:45 am

"It provides EVERYTHING you need to fight? What about if you are indoors or in the air? Trees and roots cant come to your rescue in those circumstances."
He looked at Rhoswen and tried to figure out what she could do.
"So do you have nature abilities too? Or perhaps you aren't a fighter at all?"

Mort continued to walk and apologised.
"Sorry for all the questions, feel free to ask me some if it makes you feel better. I like to know more about people who travel with me."
He almost changed his mind for a second, but he told himself that if they asked any questions that he didn't want to answer he could just lie.
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 11:03 am

(Mort can see some of the less trustworthy travelers eyeing his sword)
John looks a little taken back by the outburst. Looking around he can see many of the other travelers had turned to face Mort, Rhoswen, and himself. John didn’t like being the center of attention. In a hushed tone so only Mort and Rhoswen could hear, “So do you think I can only grow fruit then?”
Putting on an innocent face like a child who had been caught stealing out of a cookie jar, “Who ever said I had any abilities.”
“You said I could ask some questions if it made me feel better right. Well how about we start with why you’re going to the cave. ”
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 11:09 am

"Why? For the same reason you are I suppose. I just wanted to see what all the fuss was about"

Mort saw several people look at his sword. That wasn't the problem, it was the the greed in their eyes when they looked upon it. That was the problem. He didn't think anyone would be stupid enough to try to steal it from him while he was awake so he was not worried.
Back to top Go down
Kai Leingod
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Kai Leingod

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 12:13 pm

"What use is a blade in this world anyway?" A youngish man around 25 walks forward, 6 foot in height, blue eyes blond hair. Wearing loose fitting red trousers, and top. He also had a dull well worn leather bag, that rattled slightly with each step.
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 12:33 pm

"Oh? And who might you be?" Mort asked the newcomer. The way he was dressed he could be anything. Mort decided to answer his question anyway.

"Believe it or not giant predators aren't what this sword is for. I use it to kill common sized creatures. However, this sword has more uses that I won't utter here. All you need to know is that this weapon has stood between me and certain death and prevailed."

Mort didn't like getting friendly with another person. If he was after the artifact too then that would be just one more needle he would feel in his heart.

Back to top Go down
Kai Leingod
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Kai Leingod

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 1:37 pm

"How colourful, I may as well introduce myself. I am Aeos the man destined to be king."

Aeos merely stood his ground, watching carefully. This man had fallen for the bait, that sword was obviously worth a lot of money. Life was always full of those random opportunities.
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 2:25 pm

Mort kept a firm grip on the hilt of his sword."The man destined to be king? I highly doubt that." He chuckled

Despite Aeos's friendlyness, he sensed that Aeos, along with John, Rhoswen and himself, had a secret agenda. As long as it didn't concern the artifact, Mort had no problem working with them. But if it turns out that all of these strangers do want the artifact, then there is going to be alot of death in the near future. Maybe even his own.
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 5:46 pm

Rhoswen chuckles at the newcomer Aeos as he announces himself to be the man destined to be king. “Well then Aeos it’s nice to meet you for I am the one destined to be queen” she says jokingly.
John stood there holding back the urge to laugh at the self proclaimed title. Well Rhoswen was right this was certainly going to be interesting John thought to himself.

In the distance coming from the woods the sound of several men screaming can be heard. Running from the brush two men come running out “Na-Na-Na-Naga” their voices were trembling. Hearing this many of the scientists turned tail and ran. The more seasoned adventurers pulled weapons ranging from swords and bows to pistils and sub machine guns running to the nearby wood to make their stand.

John seemed to take on a different demeanor. He had no intention of becoming a nagas mid day snack. Grabbing Rhoswen and Aeos he began to run to the woods. Calling out to Mort, “Come on”. The woods would be the best place to hide in the area John thought and if necessary it would provide him the perfect location to fight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next