Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Curian Lightwing the chakat

Go down 
+3
Archmage_Bael
Anime-Junkie
deathsguard
7 posters
AuthorMessage
deathsguard
Tasty morsel
deathsguard

Curian Lightwing the chakat Empty
PostSubject: Curian Lightwing the chakat   Curian Lightwing the chakat Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 11:43 am

Name: Curian lightwing
Height: 7ft at the top of hir head
Length: 11ft long standing not including 4 ft tail
Sex: Herm
Bra size: DD cups
Abilities: Simple shape shifting
Deit: local wildlife and fauna shi has found edible rarely eats living prey unless starving
Personals: wearing shirt,bra, and a red collar with a small blue bell as well as twin machete's and hir claws
Discription: Curian is a unique chakat shi is a lynx chakat having black fur with blood red color patterns and is always wearing hir favorite Black reaper shirt and a black bra as well as hir worn but well kept red collar and bell. Shi tends to be quiet and shy at first but will open up to those shi likes. Shi has over hir seemingly short life learned some simple shape shifting able to shift into a giant feral lynx or into a more two legged form though only having a tail and ears that way, also shi shies away from combat prefering to befriend some one instead of angering them. Though avoiding most conflict shi does carry around twin machetes for protection as well as hir claws which are sharp enough to cut through thin steel. Due to hir tuar form shi can sprint at around 35 miles and hour over rough terain though can only keep that pace up for around 5 to 6 miles.

Edited*

Last edited by deathsguard on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Curian Lightwing the chakat   Curian Lightwing the chakat Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:41 pm

Ok... This isn't a good start.
I assume this is an offworlder as she is a species that hasn't been seen before on Felarya. I'd also be careful with furries, some people really don't like them. So far we haven't had any problems with this because (to my knowledge) there haven't been any furry characters. I'm kind of glad about that because, from what I have seen (and what you;'re showing now) they're not exactly the best characters.

Now, herm, DD cup breasts and the ability to reform when eating all scream "fetish fulfilment character." This isn't good, you character will not be taken seriously at all. Especially the reforming, it's just not on. It renders one of the biggest dangers of Felarya null. There is no explanation to how it could work, because it doesn't.

Also, you've said she carriers around a dia Katana, which is just a bigger Katana. The fact that you chose a Katana isn't exactly points in your favour, we all know the clichés and myths surrounding Katanas. While they are excellent at cutting flesh, having a katana will not help you in Felarya much. A machete and a spear would be much more useful if you insist on bladed weapons. When fighting anything bigger than you a sword will be useless. Giant hybrids will just grab you before there's time to swing and everything else will crush or bite. A sword just doesn't have the length to be useful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
deathsguard
Tasty morsel
deathsguard

PostSubject: Re: Curian Lightwing the chakat   Curian Lightwing the chakat Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 2:29 pm

aaaah so I need to make a few alterations
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Curian Lightwing the chakat   Curian Lightwing the chakat Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 5:55 pm

Now, to be perfectly honest, there aren't a whole lot of weapons that are particularly effective against the giant hybrids anyway. Also, what weapon is better is more a preference anyway, morning stars, falchions, any blade with a curve will work too. A weapon like a spear is dangerous to use, it's a lot easier to get into their inside line that most people seem to think. I should know, I can sword fight.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Curian Lightwing the chakat   Curian Lightwing the chakat Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 6:42 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Now, to be perfectly honest, there aren't a whole lot of weapons that are particularly effective against the giant hybrids anyway. Also, what weapon is better is more a preference anyway, morning stars, falchions, any blade with a curve will work too. A weapon like a spear is dangerous to use, it's a lot easier to get into their inside line that most people seem to think. I should know, I can sword fight.

In general, planning to fight the giant preds is not a good idea. The kinds of weapons you'd need to do any kind of damage would be far too cumbersome and/or difficult to obtain (military stuff) for the average person.

You're better off with a good self-defense weapon, like a pistol, sword or something, and/or a good tool weapon like a hatchet or machete. Just gotta use stealth to avoid the larger wildlife.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Curian Lightwing the chakat   Curian Lightwing the chakat Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 6:53 pm

rcs619 wrote:
In general, planning to fight the giant preds is not a good idea. The kinds of weapons you'd need to do any kind of damage would be far too cumbersome and/or difficult to obtain (military stuff) for the average person.

You're better off with a good self-defense weapon, like a pistol, sword or something, and/or a good tool weapon like a hatchet or machete. Just gotta use stealth to avoid the larger wildlife.
And a working pair of legs. Heaven help you if you don't have a working pair of legs.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
deathsguard
Tasty morsel
deathsguard

PostSubject: Re: Curian Lightwing the chakat   Curian Lightwing the chakat Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:52 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
rcs619 wrote:

And a working pair of legs. Heaven help you if you don't have a working pair of legs.

true a working pair help and two working pairs are better
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Curian Lightwing the chakat   Curian Lightwing the chakat Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:20 pm

Note - "she" not "shi"

"her" not "hir"

"If she's a herm, why use "she"?"

--

Aaaanyways. First some technicals.

What is a chakat? I'll go with Anime and assume a sort of Furry. I know I beat this drum alot... and I know Felarya is a world of dimensional travelers - but why not use a Felaryan species? Did you look at the wiki before you started? Perhaps a pantaur, neko or Demi-Chimera would make this a better Felaryan character.

'Nother technical - just listing bra size is a dull way to create a character. Write a description of her and describe her body shape. Try to do a more in depth description of her in general.

Her personality also needs a lot of work - she's shy. That's it. What are her hopes, dreams, fears, likes, dislikes, prejudices? What makes her angry, terrified? What would she stand up for? Does being a herm affect her life in any way?

Overall you've not given much to this. And this angers me. I realize that all character bios must start somewhere, but it does irritate me when I feel that someone slapped something together with little understanding of the world. If you want respect for a character bio, make it worthwhile.

Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: Curian Lightwing the chakat   Curian Lightwing the chakat Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:51 pm

Jætte_Troll wrote:
Note - "she" not "shi"

"her" not "hir"

"If she's a herm, why use "she"?"

Aaaanyways. First some technicals.

What is a chakat? I'll go with Anime and assume a sort of Furry.

While not a furry myself, I happen to know a little bit about Chakats. As you surmised, they are a sort of furry; like a pantaur-fuzzy-human mix. They are also all fully functional hermaphrodites, which is also why they use "shi" and "hir" instead of "she" and "her".
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curian Lightwing the chakat   Curian Lightwing the chakat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Curian Lightwing the chakat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: Idea forums :: Character discussion-
Jump to: