Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yami nagas

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Maelstrom14
Tasty morsel
Maelstrom14

Yami nagas Empty
PostSubject: Yami nagas   Yami nagas Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:32 am

I can hope that this idea will be accepted, but I have doubts, anyways, here are the species.

Species: Yami naga

life span: depends on purpose

growth: indefinite (Until the yami naga dies)

prey: some do prey on human sized creatures but will soon out grow them and will move on to larger game such as other predators including dridders, harpies, mermaids, and a naga is no exception to the diet.

Characteristics: black scales on their lower snake half, adorned with sharp spines, and a variant of colored stripes coming in red, blue, green, or violet. Their upper halves are also unique as they sometimes have human features, or an elf's or even a neko's, but all have sharp fangs, sharp claws, yellow slitted eyes, but there are also a few with a hood like a cobra.

abilities: All have darkness magic but have only one extra ability listed here. Psychic power, crystal manipulation, lightning, and fire magic. All also have a transformation to turn into a beast, featuring claws, fangs, red eyes, and a red aura of using magic. (Note: They can only use darkness magic when in beast form, beast form is also dangerous to the yami naga as it can kill them, draining their own life)

weaknesses: sun light, loyalty, light magic, and their own darkness magic

rarity: legendary

Info: Yami naga's are not true nagas as they were all once human, elf, or neko. In order to become a yami naga, you must have a great purpose in life and die early. It's not uncommon that a yami naga will protect a species they once were but there are some that do prey on their own kind. Their magic is very powerful as is their strength in upper and lower half of their body, but they are also somewhat slow, making them big targets. It is possible to kill them with magic as they can overload if offensive magic hits them enough or if they are drained of magic, making them sensitive to the shifgt in the current of magic around them. Another thing about them is that they seem to have a strange connection to kensha beasts, no one knows why, but both species have a symbiotic relationship, kensha bring food to the naga while in turn the nagas offer protection.

Once a yami naga dies, they have a choice of either entering the after life or remain with the living back to their former selves as what they were before being a yami naga to live the remainder of their lives. These creatures are legendary, seeing one was believed to be an omen, some cultures believe it's good while others evil. their scales are extremely durable against physical attack but is weak against offensive magic and useless against light magic,

Yami naga's also appear only at night as sunlight can harm them, literally burning them alive, so chances of seeing them is VERY slim. Because they are night predators they have excellent night vision, able to see through darkness clearer than they could during the day.

Known Yami nagas: Ragnarok, Maria.
Back to top Go down
http://maelstrom14.deviantart.com/
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

Yami nagas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yami nagas   Yami nagas Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:53 am

Quote :
growth: indefinite (Until the yami naga dies)

Okay, this is the first issue. Keep in mind that the Felaryan soil keeps everything alive as long as they aren't, well, killed. This means that these creatures will continue to grow indefinitely until something else kills them.

Quote :
All also have a transformation to turn into a beast, featuring claws, fangs, red eyes, and a red aura of using magic.

I'm also not really sure about an overpowered alternate form. Even if it does drain their life, the transformation doesn't feel needed to me, though someone could correct me on that.

Quote :
weaknesses: sun light, loyalty, light magic, and their own darkness magic

Loyalty? A weakness? Could you explain that?

Quote :
Another thing about them is that they seem to have a strange connection to kensha beasts, no one knows why, but both species have a symbiotic relationship, kensha bring food to the naga while in turn the nagas offer protection.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Kensha Beasts aren't sapient in anyway. They're wild animals. I don't think they'll be able to tell these from that naga they tried to eat a while back.

Overall, the fact that they're born from someone who died... why a naga? I would expect some sort of ghost or Hell monster, but I really don't think we need another naga-based creature on Felarya at this point. Nagas are, admittedly, overdone as is.
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Yami nagas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yami nagas   Yami nagas Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:55 am

Not going to repeat what Aisu said, so take this as an addition.
Felarya is flooded with nagas already, that already puts your idea under greater scrutiny and well, I'm going to say it doesn't hold up.
Sentient predators of predators aren't a good idea. Especially this, one that never stops growing. It seems that their weaknesses are also very pronounced, meaning they'd tear up everything at night bt hide during the day, making them a horrible, nigh unstoppable night-time terror.
I don't see much story potential for this idea.

It's underdeveloped, you provide no description for the mechanism by which one becomes a yami naga. Someone who has the willpower and purpose to keep going in the mortal realm after death becomes a ghost.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
JohnDoe
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

Yami nagas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yami nagas   Yami nagas Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 10:53 pm

These Nagas seem like they're trying to be too many things, what with the spines, beast transformations, kensha symbiosis.

Any one of these things might be alright but all of them together is too much for one species.

The ability to come back from the dead doesn't really fit with Felarya, where the dead generally stay dead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yami nagas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yami nagas   Yami nagas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yami nagas
Page 1 of 1