Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alara

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DaNoob13
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
DaNoob13

Alara Empty
PostSubject: Alara   Alara Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 9:20 pm

This is Hasu's sister, Alara. Her bio felt so much easier to make...

Name: Alara Karashu
Species: Human
Height: 5’ 7”
Eye Color: Hazel
Hair Color: Crimson
Skin color: Light Tan
Likes: Using magic, collecting staffs, playing with friends, petting her brother,
Dislikes: Boredom, Naps,

Personality

Alara is a bit of a… odd human. She almost has the characteristics of a fairy; often being mischievous and carefree. Her attitude is nearly always positive and joyful, though, it would be to your best interest not to tick her off. Alara cares dearly for friends and loved ones, but she may use her magic to play with them. Making someone lose all their hair, turn them blue, or possibly turning them into an animal are just a few of the many things she may do. There are rare times she’ll randomly start crying for no reason whatsoever. She is not the type to bore easily. She isn’t very bright….

Appearance

The first thing a person may see on Alara is her staff. It is a simple five foot high stick of wood with a big ruby gem on top. It is the one item she must and will ALWAYS have on her (more in abilities). Her hair is long and is crimson like her mother and her brother. It is a little curly towards the bottom. Also like her mother, her eyes are a bright Hazel. Her height is average and she looks young. She usually wears a black dress with flame patterns below the waist.

History

Like her brother Alara grew up in Negav with her family. She was born just a year after Hasu was. She spent the early years of her youth learning magic spells from her mother. Unlike Hasu she could cast a large variety of spells no matter what they were. Of course like everyone else in her mother’s bloodline, she had great power dealing fire elemental magic. When she was twelve she did what she calls, “the most adorable accident ever” where she tried to help her brother make a potion (despite him saying no) and accidentally turned him into a neko. Though she feels bad about it she can’t help not thinking about how cute it made him. Often times she’ll try to scratch his ears or pet him.

After their mom died and their dad went insane Alara didn’t change much. Whenever their dad tried to beat on her Hasu would always step in and turn the old man’s attention to him so Alara could hide or run. This resulted in keeping her joyful and making Hasu the grump that he is. When Hasu left Negav she soon followed saying Negav was getting too boring for her, though, this may have just been an excuse to avoid her father. She now lives on her own. No one, not even Hasu knows where she actually lives.

Abilities

Magic – Alara has powerful magic abilities. She change size, transform, cast spells, summon, etc. However, she cannot do any of these without her staff. The staff she wields she found in an ancient temple on Felarya. It boots the user’s magic powers by ten times. The drawback is that she HAS to be holding it in order to cast any magic. Without her staff Alara can’t cast even a single spark of magic. What’s more, for some of her attacks she has to hit the person with the staff in her hands to cast certain spells. For example, if she wants to turn someone blue she has to hit them with it instead of just pointing at them and saying a few certain words. Basically all one has to do in order to beat her is take away her magic stick.

Nuclear – Alara’s nuclear point is much more different than Hasu’s. Alara’s boosts only magic. What’s more she has complete control over it unlike her brother. Other than those everything else is the same, hair lights on fire, lasts for two minutes, falls unconscious afterwards, and makes her have a more spicy kick when eaten.
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

Alara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alara   Alara Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 9:34 pm

Well, I hate commenting on magic because of my limited understanding of it, but it seems to me that her ability to perform any type of spell with relative ease sounds like a little too much. You should narrow her spell repertoire just a tad.

Update: I actually think I'm being a hypocrite again with my earlier statement. I forgot I had an idea for witches having a wide range of spells. I take back what I said earlier... sorry.
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

Alara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alara   Alara Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 10:30 pm

In my opinion, the staff might be a bit too powerful since it boosts the user's magic powers by 10x without any drawbacks save that you must hold it, but that isn't really a major one. Perhaps something like the staff drains the wielders life force or eats at their soul or something in order to make it seem not as "all powerful".

Plus, such a powerful staff would have definitely attracted the attention of the Ps'isol Magiocrats, seeing as they tend to be extremely powerful in terms of magic, and if their was an item that could increase their magical abilities by 10 times, they'd become almost god-like.
Back to top Go down
DaNoob13
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
DaNoob13

Alara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alara   Alara Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 10:39 pm

Well... Alara isn't all that smart at times... taking it away from her can be simple as 1 2 3. I could drop the power a bit... And she go tit after leaving the Negav. Very few people even know she has it. What's more... she mainly uses it for pranks and such. Another issue is she tires easily. More powerful spells means the quicker one will tire. (In my opinion that is).

Originally Jas I was thinking of those things. However... I have seen them to often and they didn't feel original to me.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

Alara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alara   Alara Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 3:51 pm

Seen it before. -_-
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

Alara Empty