Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Does anybody remember a movie?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stabs
Stabs

Does anybody remember a movie? Empty
PostSubject: Does anybody remember a movie?   Does anybody remember a movie? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 8:51 am

I have a different question now, guys. I remember a quote from a movie, but I can't remember the movie well enough to properly credit the line... does anyone know a movie from the middle east about a suicide attack on Israel, and the two volunteers to martyr themselves for the task?

I only recall a few details about the movie- that their exploding vests were rigged to explode if ever removed, that the plan involved one of them immolating himself in a bus, the other one immolating himself an hour later to take out the newspeople, medics and curious bystanders that massed on as a result of the attack. I also recall that one of them, in his final recording, where he explained he had volunteered for the task, pointed his mother to a cheaper shop for water filters. There were some hijinks during the movie, but it wasn't a comedy, far from it: any complications just served to heighten the tension, as the two would-be martyrs were forced to live for a whole day strapped with explosives in their own country.
I remember the guy who had been having second thoughts at first took a cab, and the driver told him about the news, Israel was dumping something on the water to reduce sperm quality- but it didn't work on him, he commented, he had thirteen children! I remember the other guy, the one that seemed the most driven for the suicide attack, have a chat with a friend in a car, she said that suicide attacks were cowardly, that he could accomplish nothing being dead. His response, past saying that since she had more money she had no idea what real life was like, was... I watched the movie subtitled in Spanish, so my translation might not be the same as yours. The details are still a bit fuzzy with me...

"Elegimos la muerte cuando la alternativa es aún más amarga."
(We choose death when the alternative is even more bitter.)

If someone knows what movie that is, please tell...
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody remember a movie?   Does anybody remember a movie? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 10:19 am

I saw this in Sociology class a few years ago! I wrote a report on it and everything! It was called Paradise Now.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody remember a movie?   Does anybody remember a movie? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:53 pm

ZionAtriedes wrote:
I saw this in Sociology class a few years ago! I wrote a report on it and everything! It was called Paradise Now.

Thanks, Zion. That'll be useful...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody remember a movie?   Does anybody remember a movie? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does anybody remember a movie?
Page 1 of 1