Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Change to Golden Harpies...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

Change to Golden Harpies... Empty
PostSubject: Change to Golden Harpies...   Change to Golden Harpies... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 10:35 am

This could be another bad idea. I've been at war with myself for a while over whether or not I should propose this change to the Golden Harpies. And yes, I admit the name I proposed needs work. Edit: I confess I'm only suggesting this because I have a character in need of a defined sub-species. While the nature of a Golden Harpy worked for me, the color scheme didn't.

Lustris

Lustris are a giant sub-species of harpy famed for their astounding beauty, generously said to rival succubi's, and their ability to lay eggs of various precious stones and metals. The key behind this ability is an utter mystery that keeps research scientists coming and Lustris fed. What is known is that these empty eggs are not a result of mating. They are still capable of reproducing and laying normal eggs.

There are several types of Lustris, the difference between each is reflected in the harpies' appearance. Oddly, or not so, they all have attractions toward a certain precious stone or metal that is produced by other types of Lustris.

The Golden Lustris have shiny golden skin, golden or bronze feathers, and blond hair. They produce golden eggs but are most attracted to the color of emerald.

Platinum Lustris have pale skin, and greyish-white feathers and hair. They produce eggs of platinum and adore sapphires, or jewels of deep blue colors.

Ruby Lustris seem to have a perpetually rosy blush either on dark or light skin tones. Their hair and feathers range from pink to a darker, redish-pink. They lay ruby eggs but love the color and shine of platinum.

Sapphire Lustris have varying shades of blue hair and feathers. They lay eggs of sapphire and are attracted to the warmth of ruby's color.

Emerald Lustris have varying shades of shiny green feathers and produce emerald eggs. They have a strong attraction to gold, and because of this, Emerald and Golden Lustris tend to become lovers; only when looking to mate will they actively pursue a male.

A common trait of most Lustris is that they are usually very greedy and antagonizingly vain. Though this is not guaranteed to be the case when dealing with Lustris raised away from their arrogant mothers. But just like the others, even those transplanted Lustris love to adorn themselves with amulets, earrings, and other trinkets. They go to great lengths to take care of their bodies; literally spending hours washing their face, combing their hair, polishing their claws, and lustering their feathers. This extreme obsession with their appearance often draws sarcastic comments from less meticulous species of harpies.

Lustris can be found all over Felarya but mostly in area they see as beautiful; areas such as a beach, an oasis, or a temple where they can hoard ancient treasures. The seasoned treasure hunter knows that sighting a Lustri means that chances are high of finding valuable treasure nearby, especially the eggs of the Lustri. A human caught by a one of these harpies has a small chance to escape if they can bribe the harpy with jewelry made from their favorite precious metal or stone. There's even the possibility of escaping by flattering her or giving her beauty tips, but then the latter has also been known to backfire.

In the end, there's only a minuscule chance of survival if caught by a Lustri; these gorgeous creatures are thoroughly convinced that eating humans provides vital nutrition for keeping a full and healthy figure.

Last edited by gt500x on Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Change to Golden Harpies...   Change to Golden Harpies... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 10:42 am

This sounds like something completely different rather than just a tweek. I don't remember anyone ever using a Golden Harpy, but they pretty much struck me as loving anything shiny and sparkly and being even more egotistical than other harpies. The part that their beauty rival Succubi, that should be changed, because Succubi are ethereal by nature, while Harpies are not. Also, eating minerals and gems is pretty far fetched, considering the best chance of finding a good source of such would be underground, which I assume is the very last place a harpy would want to be.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: Change to Golden Harpies...   Change to Golden Harpies... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 11:34 am

Thanks for the feedback. How does the idea look now?
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Change to Golden Harpies...   Change to Golden Harpies... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 12:05 pm

I guess it works, with the added bonus of humor thrown in.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Change to Golden Harpies...   Change to Golden Harpies... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Change to Golden Harpies...
Page 1 of 1