Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Making the community more welcoming...

Go down 
+5
itsmeyouidiot
Pendragon
ZionAtriedes
Krisexy26
AisuKaiko
9 posters
AuthorMessage
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

Making the community more welcoming... Empty
PostSubject: Making the community more welcoming...   Making the community more welcoming... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 2:59 pm

Hey, it's Aisu. I know I haven't been too involved lately, but I've been noticing a few things going on that I'd like to address.

A lot of my friends have shown reduced interest in Felarya. It's not an isolated thing; almost everyone I currently or at one point interacted with on a daily basis have been showing this behavior.

JT's farewell from the forum said it well enough, but let me reiterate it; they don't feel welcome anymore.

From what I've been hearing, there seems to be some sort of suspicion among the members of the community. That certain members are trying to take Felarya or to mindlessly harass newbies or God knows what.

Now, while I won't say that people like that exist somewhere in the community, this seems to be generalized toward a certain clump of members. There's a misconception that there is a clique of members who regularly engage in conspiracies against Felarya.

Now... do we really love Felarya? Do we want to see it continue into the years of fun and epic stories and, yes, vorey funtimes?

If so, we need to ease this paranoia.

Let us use the early 1800's US as an example.

The U.S. Civil War wasn't some bad thing that suddenly happened whereas everything was all hunky-dory prior. It was the result of raising tension between two groups that exploded when one group suddenly felt horribly threatened.

Now, we need to put our fear aside. We need to treasure solidarity. Don't latch onto divisions. No one notable is trying to steal or undermine Felarya. I would not associate myself with people who seriously want to do that.

There is no evil conspiracy. There are people who feel bitter or threatened, though, and the best way to alleviate this tension is to not accuse, but to not see them as the bad guy. Paranoia is the enemy. We need cooperation.

Even if ya do feel that people are trying to undermine or steal Felarya, simply dismissing them will not make the issue go away. Simply step up, talk to them and let them give you the scoop. The biggest complaint is hear is "I was just trying to help, but I got accused of something bad". We mustn't be so quick to dismiss actions as hostile. We need to be rational, reasonable human beings and accept criticisms and complaints with ease.

A good strategy to return the peace is to see the good intentions in us all. No one likes their good intention to be seen as bad, and it can result in bitterness and even more division. People try to help, they get vilified for it, then they feel unwelcome. We must end that. It's damaging for the community.
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Making the community more welcoming...   Making the community more welcoming... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 4:42 pm

Now, I don't want to break your lil party, but these are only a few bare words.

You need action.

And tell me: what if you are wrong? What if the people saying "I was just trying to help" had already their mind up and were only trying to destroy ideas? I'm just raising a few questions.

It's internet. Deal with it.
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Making the community more welcoming...   Making the community more welcoming... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 4:59 pm

Grah, okay, I'm saying it. I may as well...

I've already said this will happen. Of course, everyone thought I was just ranting and raving, but you can all see my words ringing true. You won't listen until it's too late, but that's not my doing. So just sit back and watch as the pieces move in their predestined paths, while those who saw it coming mourn its inexorability, and relish their own vindication. Or, rather, you can heed these words and prove me wrong.

Those who saw my warning, remember it. My words still apply.

Krisexy... cease your trolling, please. Have you ever been a positive influence around here? You're drawn to drama like a moth to flame, I know, and I pity you for it, but... even people as blind as those who leap to your defense will only tolerate you so much.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Making the community more welcoming...   Making the community more welcoming... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 5:05 pm

Let's try and be civil people. Felarya is a nice escape from the norm and we shouldn't be dumping on it or people who genuinely wish to contribute. Gotta ease up on the new ones.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Making the community more welcoming...   Making the community more welcoming... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 5:10 pm

Pen, what is the line between "dumping" and "feedback"? Anything the newbie doesn't like? So that anyone like Ike who comes in here with their DBZ and Bleach-based characters and receives a single reply of "I don't think this fits" can whine like a little bitch? No.

When people like Ike, and people like Krisexy, are put before people like Cliff and JT... the forum may become welcoming to those dredged-up peabrains from dA... but it becomes pretty hostile to people who care about Felarya beyond just showcasing how cool their characters are and getting a quick fap-RP.

In any case, the choice has been made. I only hope those who made it can live with it.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Making the community more welcoming...   Making the community more welcoming... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 5:23 pm

Quote :
Krisexy... cease your trolling, please. Have you ever been a positive influence around here? You're drawn to drama like a moth to flame, I know, and I pity you for it, but... even people as blind as those who leap to your defense will only tolerate you so much.

Look at you, saying I'm not positive. You are there, talking about the "end of felarya woooooooo". I am not trolling, I am stating facts. I don't think a lil thread about love and friendship will change anything.

Quote :
and people like Krisexy, are put before people like Cliff and JT... the forum may become welcoming to those dredged-up peabrains from dA... but it becomes pretty hostile to people who care about Felarya beyond just showcasing how cool their characters are and getting a quick fap-RP.

Yeah, right, I've been put before cliff and JT. You don't even know what you're saying, mister "I-will-only-stay-in-the-off-topic-discussion". You think you should be our hero, zion? You are here, prophetizing shit. Why don't you do something to save our soul?
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

PostSubject: Re: Making the community more welcoming...   Making the community more welcoming... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 5:26 pm

I can't save anyone, Krisexy. Only you can do that, and you won't.

All I am here to do is to point out the obvious. I've warned of this. Now, I shall watch it unfold. That's all I can do.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Making the community more welcoming...   Making the community more welcoming... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 5:29 pm

okay, I'll just stop there because what you said just sounded like an american who listened to too much alienate series..
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

PostSubject: Re: Making the community more welcoming...   Making the community more welcoming... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 5:34 pm

Any reason you needed to throw "American" in there? No, no, you're no troll. No way.

Transparency, transparency, like a pane of glass;
This here racist fem-troll can freaking kiss my ass.

Last edited by ZionAtriedes on Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Making the community more welcoming...   Making the community more welcoming... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 5:42 pm

Alright, this is not what I wanted to happen.

If you have can't post something supportive or helpful, then please refrain... I would a hundred times prefer if this thread wasn't just used as another vehicle for more drama...
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: Making the community more welcoming...   Making the community more welcoming... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 5:49 pm

I'm really quite saddened about this. I like the Felarya community, and seeing it gradually fall apart is just depressing.

I personally think the first thing we should do is ban those who deliberately try to spread drama throughout the forum, and I think you all know who I mean by this.
Back to top Go down
TheArchvile
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
TheArchvile

PostSubject: Re: Making the community more welcoming...   Making the community more welcoming... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 5:58 pm

Please everyone just refrain from say ANYTHING that could POSSIBLY offend anyone alright?
If not let's just - Pretend this thread is closed... Before more drama starts up.
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Making the community more welcoming...   Making the community more welcoming... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 6:07 pm

Well, that'll be hard. My concern is that people are more eager to pick vague negativity out of comments than their positive connotation. Like, almost always. We can't brush it under the rug again...
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

PostSubject: Re: Making the community more welcoming...   Making the community more welcoming... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 6:13 pm

Precisely. As AJ has been trying to tell people, text contains no tone. The only tone present is the one you apply to it.
Back to top Go down
TheArchvile
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
TheArchvile

PostSubject: Re: Making the community more welcoming...   Making the community more welcoming... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 6:24 pm

You're right Aisu, this thread should be a positive thing, and people are making it the opposite...
Just take a step back and think of what you're saying!
If someone says something you find offensive, a responsible person should, Instead of pressing the "Reply" button, press the "PM" button and settle your differences THAT way - it has a much better chance of working AND doesn't cause ANY drama.
It's just a little thing, but it can wind up helping the community ALOT!
Back to top Go down
Axel Hunter
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Axel Hunter

Location : In the land of nowhere, beyond the valley of somewhere, but not as far as the jungle of neither-here-nor-there....

PostSubject: Re: Making the community more welcoming...   Making the community more welcoming... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 7:26 pm

Just close this thread. if you keep bringing this thing up it will only make things wors and then felarya may never recover.

the law of attraction states "thoughts create things" your negativity simply brings more in return.

simply keep your drama to yourself. this is a place for ideas.

while I may not agree with how things are done on the forum, I tough it out and keep my ideas and beliefs strong. that way things are not in huge drama tantrums and I can still work in the world I loved since I first discovered it without a single worry.

perhaps you all should do the same.

nuff said, relpying to me will simply be ignored unless its a pm
Back to top Go down
http://foreverknight13.deviantart.com/
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

PostSubject: Re: Making the community more welcoming...   Making the community more welcoming... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 7:30 pm

Right, right. Let us simply sweep it under the rug, so Karbo can give people like Cliff the cold shoulder and pave the way for worse drama. Good idea, bro. Flippin' genius.

We need to address this. Now. We need to decide... which path we are taking.
Back to top Go down
Sephimink|Kyle
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: Making the community more welcoming...   Making the community more welcoming... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 10:12 pm

This again? Where are the sparks of these conflicts? I can never seem to catch them.

The lengths and types of these arguments should be beneath most of you, a majority of you being twenty(+)-year-old adults. Make your stance clear, state your case, and learn to let shit go. None of you are justice, none of you know justice, and none of you offer it. No matter who you are or what you've done, things will not always go your way, no matter if it's "right" or "wrong." Sometimes, you will get the shit-end of the stick, and creating a fuss aside, you can do nothing about it. So keep your head up, take pain on the chin, and move on.

You lot are better than this. Damn.
Back to top Go down
Axel Hunter
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Axel Hunter

Location : In the land of nowhere, beyond the valley of somewhere, but not as far as the jungle of neither-here-nor-there....

PostSubject: Re: Making the community more welcoming...   Making the community more welcoming... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 4:20 am

Sephimink|Kyle wrote:
This again? Where are the sparks of these conflicts? I can never seem to catch them.

The lengths and types of these arguments should be beneath most of you, a majority of you being twenty(+)-year-old adults. Make your stance clear, state your case, and learn to let shit go. None of you are justice, none of you know justice, and none of you offer it. No matter who you are or what you've done, things will not always go your way, no matter if it's "right" or "wrong." Sometimes, you will get the shit-end of the stick, and creating a fuss aside, you can do nothing about it. So keep your head up, take pain on the chin, and move on.

You lot are better than this. Damn.

I completely agree with you Seph
Back to top Go down
http://foreverknight13.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Making the community more welcoming...   Making the community more welcoming... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 4:22 am

Axel, Kyle, the thing you see here is the result of people just ignoring and "forgetting" about it.
It doesn't work. Tension must be dealt with.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making the community more welcoming...   Making the community more welcoming... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Making the community more welcoming...
Page 1 of 1